Start by marking “Goddess of Legend (Goddess Summoning, #7)” as Want to Read:
Goddess of Legend (Goddess Summoning, #7)

Goddess of Legend

(Goddess Summoning #7)

Saved from a car accident by the Water Goddess, photojournalist Isabel visits the time of King Arthur to seduce Lancelot du Lac away from Queen Guinevere.
Published December 7th 2010 by Berkley Books

To ask other readers questions about Goddess of Legend, please sign up.
Jamnheart No. I've so far read 1 and 2 and neither of them had anything to do with each other. Read the ones that look interesting to you. If you like Greek…moreNo. I've so far read 1 and 2 and neither of them had anything to do with each other. Read the ones that look interesting to you. If you like Greek Mythology I'd read 1, 2, 3, 5, and 6. The 4th one has more to do with a retelling of Beauty and the Beast and the 7th one has to do with King Arthur's time.(less)

Start your review of Goddess of Legend (Goddess Summoning, #7)
Cara
May 30, 2011 rated it did not like it
Terrible. My intelligence as a reader is insulted, and I am so angry with the horrendous laziness of this book that I can barely think straight. The Goddess Summoning series, once terrific, is turned to absolute garbage in this book. It can't even redeem itself with passionate love scenes between the main characters. I'm trying desperately to find something nice to say for the author of Goddess of Spring, a book that I adored, but I cannot. This is just lazy, lazy writing. You can't leave the ...more
Gemmoi
May 01, 2011 rated it did not like it
I really wanted to enjoy this book as I am a Goddess fiction fan, however I was very disappointed. This review may contain spoilers.

Cons:
The book was difficult to get into at the start as it kind of dragged.
As a fantasy Romance tale targeted at a younger audience similar to HON, this heroine Isabel was too old.
Isabels profession as a photographer had no relevance to the story
The old English was a bit difficult on the eye and detracted from the story, although I guess it's there for
Nightfalltwen
May 08, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: fantasy
Okay that is 309 pages of my life that I will never get back. This woman writes like a 17 year old girl.

I regret reading this book.

Okay... So here's something a little more in depth.

The writing was choppy at best. And everyone seemed to cotton on to Isabel's way of speaking like it wasn't ridiculous. None of the characters had any meat to them outside of Mordred. Isabel was the epitome of a Mary Sue. She was perfect in every way, everyone enjoyed her company, everyone loved her.

And okay, I'll
Patrícia
Ruth
Jun 05, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
*WARNING SPOILERS*

It was alright, I guess.

That's probably the worst thing anyone can say about a book. It wasn't good, it wasn't bad, it was meh.

Now, this came as a bit of a disappointment to me. The first book in the series was weird, but I was prepared, thanks to your lovely selves. I really enjoyed the rest of the series, and then came this one.

It was really confusing at the beginning, and I often had to read the page twice before I understood it. The writing was stilted and muddled, and
Chuckie Palmer-Patel
Aug 26, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: fantastika
I didn't think there could be a book that is worse than Twilight...
Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
belle ☆ミ (mybookcastle)
It's all about love in all forms that exists in countless ways. Finding a new love while you love someone else, the love and respect between friends and the love for others. It showed how love changes someone, opens one's eyes and the impact love has on people around them.

Isabel is a selfless, caring and exceptionally loving countess. She's a wonderful human being who is paving a whole road for the kingdom of Camelot. Arthur is charming, honorable and selfless as well. His love for his country
Diamond
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, romance, adult-series
This was just what I felt in the mood to read this weekend. A slightly predictable romance novel with some familiar setting and themes/names (ie Arthur and Lancelot).

And easy breezy read, not too many steamy scenes though. If you’re wanting more romance then I’d suggest something else but after so long not reading these types of books I’m glad I had this one on my shelf.

Would def read more in this series when the mood strikes.
Natalie
Aug 11, 2017 rated it did not like it
If I am being honest, it was just so bloody boring. I tried to stick with it but I ended up giving up. Sadly, a DNF for me.
☽ lana ☾
Nov 28, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gods
This was a 4 star rating aaaall the way until the freaking ending. Like, literally the epilogue. Dang it.
Cris
This was my least favorite Goddess Summoning novel. Only the verbal humor in the latter half of the novel lifted this book from a 1 star "didn't like" to a 2 star "it was okay". The character development was spotty and inconsistent with many characters being nauseatingly perfect. The plot also seemed rather weak and the ending while very 'perfect' and romantic was unconvincing and *way* too convenient.

Some issues that, in my opinion should be major issues causing much angst and dissension, are
Bookaholics
Nov 16, 2010 rated it really liked it
Goddess of Legend by P. C. Cast
Paranormal Romance –Dec. 7th, 2010
4 stars

Goddess of Legend is the 6th in P.C Cast's Goddess series and I hope not the last! This book centers around the King Arthur legend as the heroine Isabel is sent back in time to seduce Lancelot!

In this story the heroine, Isabel has a car accident but is saved by the Goddess of Water. The Goddess makes a deal with Isabel. If she can make King Arthur happy by seducing Lancelot from Queen Guinevere she can have her life back.
Star
Mar 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Isabel, back from spending time with the troops in Afghanistan, is trying to rediscover the beauty in the world. At the same time, yet not quite, the Water Goddess - also known as Vivianne - is looking for someone who can save Camelot and restore Merlin into her loving embrace. When Isabel's car goes off a bridge on her way back home, Vivianne brings her back to King Arthur's court with one mission: seduce Lancelot du Lac away from Queen Guinevere, thus restoring the balance. But Isabel - and ...more
Tara van Beurden
Jul 24, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: books-read-2011, own
This was by far the worst of the Goddess Summoning books, which perhaps had something to do with the fact that Cast wrote this in conjunction with another writer. Not that Cast is necessarily a stellar writer, but her lack of attention to this story in light of her work on the House of Night series seems to be the key driver behind the poor storytelling in this one. The one thing that helps it is the humour in the second half, but that’s if you can get to it. The language is jarring, and ...more
Noortje de Graaff
Amazing book! I'm a great fan of the House of Night series written bij Pc Cast and her daughter, and this one is just as good!
It's about the king Arthur legend, but shed in a whole different light as Isobel, a modern age woman dies and is send back in time to the age of camelot bij the Lady of the Lake. There she needs to fall in love with Lancelot (to bring Gwen and Arthur back together) but fate takes a funny turn when she falls in love with Arthur in stead.
I loved reading about how Isobel
Steph
Feb 09, 2011 rated it liked it
I love this series, and have read the 5 previous Goddess summoning books. However, this one is a bit too similar to goddess of the sea, and became ultimately forgettable. Compared to the rest especially, this one is a bit of a let down. It's not awful or anything, still quality writing and a good read, but while the others in this series manage to maintain a completely individual plot and characters from each other, this one is too similar to goddess of the sea. It was almost as if this were a ...more
Jordan
Dec 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!
Wow!
Yes I said it again because frankly it bore repeating.
I am personally going to thank my Liberian for recommending this series to me.
This was one of my two favourite books I this series because I just love stories that have a connection to the middle ages. There’s just something about a knight you know.
Anyway this book is for mature readers and l love P.C Cast for them. The concept is totally amazing. Yes there are books were the person is from the middle ages or were the person goes
Naomi
Awful, just...just awful.

I had to read this book for this library club that I'm doing and it is absolutely awful.

Are there any other words I could use to describe this?

(terrible, horrible, the epitome of evil, an insult to literature)

Isabel was so completely up herself! She was NOT charming, she was NOT funny, she was just irritating and irrationally impulsive.

I just...URGH! And the ending was so predictable that my 9 year old brother could have written it. Actually no, Joshua would have at
Debbie
Jan 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This is one of my all time favorites series and feel it took much to long for this newest book to finally come out. Once again I was transported and enchanted by the story woven by PC Cast wherein a present day woman is transported in the realm of mythological legends - this time to Camelot. A departure from her typical stories based on Greek mythology, but no less enjoyable. I so thoroughly enjoyed it I did not want it to end. A series recommended to all who love both great romance and ...more
Ashley
Feb 12, 2011 rated it it was ok
I absolutely loved this series, except for this one. I'm completely biased though, I have a hard time with anything relating King Arthur... it's just not my cup of tea. If you like that legend then this will be a nice twist on it.
Maya Manalao
Mar 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book is amazing. I gave it 4 stars since I'm not an avid fan of s*x, but all in all, this book is a must read.

The plot, the characters and the story is irresistible. I love them. Can't wait to buy the other Goddess Summoning books. :)))
Adriana
Aug 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: chick-lit, romance
This is a retelling of the Arthurian legend that is full of laughter, action, and romance.
The beginning leans towards corny, so much so that I almost put it down. Bear with it and you’ll get a great story with strong female characters and lots of fun with your romance.
Maxi Shelton
Apr 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
P.C. Cast has a way of taking you out of this world, into a different time, place and sometimes body. Each book is bursting with passion, love and adventure. Thoroughly enjoyed the complete series.
Rachel- Goodbye Borders
Jun 14, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2012
One of the weaker books in the Goddess Summoning series. Considering this is Camelot, I don't think all the slang worked. It was distracting. However, it was an entertaining read.
Tahnee
Apr 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
LOVED LOVED LOVED this book!! The first one I have read by PC Cast, I think we have a long relationship ahead of us
Haley C.
Mar 30, 2016 rated it did not like it
She tried to make this like A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court.

She got A Kid In King Arthur's Court mixed with an angsty high school Shakespeare production.
Oct 13, 2018 rated it did not like it
As much smack as I was talking about the other books in the Goddess Summoning series, at least they were mildly fun. They weren't very accurate, but they were FUN. They were easy, quick reads and the romantic aspects of them were actually kind of nice... Once I got past all of the inaccuracies.

People who write about Greek/Roman deities should probably do 10000000 times more research.

I had some trouble getting through Warrior Rising, but it wasn't too bad. I felt like the “ugh, just stop talking
Amanda
Oct 18, 2018 rated it did not like it
Total waste of my time and I feel betrayed by an author that was formerly a favorite. How did this even get published??? Horrible writing! My 16 year old writes better, no joke. It's like no one proof read or edited it. Every page filled with continuous modern colloquialisms that do not fit in with the story. It was like they were being vomited up onto the pages in some attempt to be humorous, but really just making it painful to read. And then mixing 1990's game show references with 2010 teen ...more
Brittany
This book was garbage. It fell so far below my expectations for a book in the Goddess Summoning series that I'm pretty sure I lost brain cells reading it. The writing was lazy to the point of being insufferable and almost made me rage-quit, Isabel was annoying (she's a total Mary Sue) and I couldn't get over how she got involved in EVERYTHING even though it wasn't her place to do so, and there were a whole bunch of unnecessary conflicts and misunderstandings that felt like unnatural, blatant ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Daughter of the Earth and Sky (Daughters of Zeus, #2)
  • For the Love of Hades (Loves of Olympus, #2)
  • Amber Smoke (The Escaped #1)
  • 文豪ストレイドッグス 2 [Bungō Stray Dogs 2]
  • 文豪ストレイドッグス 3 [Bungō Stray Dogs 3]
  • 文豪ストレイドッグス 4 [Bungō Stray Dogs 4]
  • Schwingen aus Rauch und Gold (Ashes and Souls #1)
  • The Darkest Pleasure (Lords of the Underworld #3)
  • O Outro Cão que Guarda as Estrelas
  • Accidentally Yours
  • Atlantis Rising (Warriors of Poseidon, #1)
  • Cruel Fate (Cainsville, #5.6)
  • The Darkest Kiss (Lords of the Underworld #2)
  • Playing Games (Games, #2)
  • Ruby (Landry, #1)
  • Bond of Passion (The Border Chronicles, #6)
  • Wildflower Tea: A Poetry Collection
  • I Am More Than My Nightmares
PC was born in the Midwest, and grew up being shuttled back-and-forth between Illinois and Oklahoma, which is where she fell in love with Quarter Horses and mythology (at about the same time). After high school, she joined the United States Air Force and began public speaking and writing. After her tour in the USAF, she taught high school for 15 years before retiring to write full time. PC is a #1 ...more

Goddess Summoning (7 books)
  • Goddess of the Sea (Goddess Summoning, #1)
  • Goddess of Spring (Goddess Summoning, #2)
  • Goddess of Light (Goddess Summoning, #3)
  • Goddess of the Rose (Goddess Summoning, #4)
  • Goddess of Love (Goddess Summoning, #5)
  • Warrior Rising (Goddess Summoning, #6)