Start by marking “Branded (Fall of Angels, #1)” as Want to Read:
Branded (Fall of Angels, #1)

Branded (Fall of Angels #1)

3.7  ·  Rating details ·  15,917 Ratings  ·  1,075 Reviews
Alternate editions for this ISBN can be found here (ebook), here (pbk) and here (ebook)

Published March 4th 2010 by Createspace (first published January 3rd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Branded, please sign up.
Liz it's fantasy and much worse than divergent.

Annie
Jun 09, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The Good:
Branded has a very interesting premise: angels are not the glorified beings they're hyped as. Instead, they are the cause for the main character's torment. Neat.
The story line is decent as well. It kept me guessing until the end. It's not all that predictable (except for the romance bit) and the author keeps some semblance of suspense up until the very end.

The Bad:
For one thing, the ending seems very rushed. Taylor manages to cram the entire resolution of the story into pretty much a pa
Shelly Crane
Jun 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing
First off, let me say I finished...no- devoured the first two books in two days time. I was wary to start it. I mean bad angels didn't sound awesome to me but I gave it a shot and was not dissapointed.
The characters were not annoying as I find they are in alot of fantasy novels. They were relateable and caring towards one another. Their relationship was sweet and believable, no patronizing. I'm not turned on by female roles who are whiny and selfish. And the male roles are usually so arrogant b
Keary Taylor
May 17, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Well, I had to give my own work 5 stars right?... Keep an eye out for Forsaken, the second book in the Fall of Angels, coming this fall!
Ellis
First of all: negative stars, a shelf created especially for this book, because it left such a bad taste in my mouth that the only stars I can possibly give are those below zero.

As you might have guessed, Branded made me angry, and therefore it will be impossible to review this without spoilers. However, many of the plot is so obvious and unoriginal that the spoilers aren't that substantial. Also, some explicit language will be used, because sometimes there is just no better way to express your
Thea
Dec 01, 2012 rated it did not like it
Jessica Bailey is tormented. Every time she falls asleep, her nightmare begins. The first chapter got me into reading the book. It was different. It started where most books end… on judgment.

However, after a couple of chapters, the story goes downhill. FAST. The author tends to overelaborate on everything, leaving nothing to the imagination. There are a few pages full of just descriptions of surroundings, and feelings. I gets boring fast when every detail is explained and explored.

The book fee
Jaye
May 06, 2013 rated it it was ok

>>>WARNING SPOILERS (SLIGHT)<<<

Initially I was really into this book. I loved Jessica's character. The premise intrigued me. The writing was decent. Then Alex happened.

I did not like Alex, at all. He was too chipper. Too eager. At least, he is in the beginning. He and Jessica fall in together way too quickly for my piece of mind. I mean, Jessica hasn't known him a day and already she's okay with him walking in on her in the shower. Not only that, but he thinks its okay to invad
Myvampfiction
Apr 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
review by Megsly

*Warning: possible spoilers ahead.*

Branded follows 20-year old Jessica Bailey, who is a teenage run away who never sleeps. She can usually reach almost 100 hours with no sleep before her body starts caving in on her. The reason she doesn't sleep is because she has night terrors, extreme night terrors. In her dreams, she finds herself locked in a room, awaiting trial. An angel she calls Adam, with gray eyes (which is apparently indicative of whether or not they are fallen or not?
Elle Beauregard
Dec 14, 2010 rated it liked it
The story and the characters definitely kept me reading.

I purchased this book on a whim--I love to read the work of local authors and jumped at the chance to help support a local up-and-coming when I saw this book at a bookstore near my office, in Seattle. I read every day on my way to and from work on public transit, and sometimes, while reading this book, I'd almost forget where I was! Once, I almost missed my stop!

The story is compelling, the scenery and set-building very full without dragg
Etough
Jul 13, 2011 rated it liked it
So I did enjoy the story in this book, but I am not sure I liked how it was executed. The idea was fantastic and very original. I am not sure if this was the writer's first book, but the flow of the book was off. There was so much build up and not enough character development to fill the pages. While I liked there characters in the book okay...I didn't feel like I knew enough about them to love them. There was so much room to get you emotionally involved with the characters but since you didn't ...more
Katerina
Ciara1973
May 19, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: angel-and-demons
Sarah Marie
Branded by Keary Taylor

2 stars DNF @ page 48

I have nothing against Branded or the story within, but this book was boring and irrelevant. There was a lot of random exposition and transitions that made the story feel stilted and caused a hindrance in my reading experience. Due to Taylor's writing choices, I was completely put off by the concept and uninterested in continuing with my reading experience. I'm currently trying to continue clean out my Kindle and the premise for this is promising, but

~Mindy Lynn~
FREE ON AMAZON TODAY! 7/29/17
Imy♥♥

Jessica has been tortured with horrifying nightmares ever since she was a little girl. Nightmares of being judged and standing trial for those that have died, in front of a council of Angels. 5 Condemned angels with black eyes, and 5 exalted angels with blue eyes.
Up meant exaltation and never ending bliss, while Down meant a branding and never ending torment. On the back of her neck she wears the branding of the condemned reminding her that not all nightmares stay hidden in the shadows of a dre
Katinki
Feb 15, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: angel-books
I'd like to give this more than 2 stars, but I can't see it when I compare this book to some of the other "angel" books I've read.

Basic premise is that Jessica has been haunted by terrible nightmares since a young age. Her nightmares are really more than that, however. In them she stands trial before a panel of angels on the behalf of others, and upon their decision, she suffers the pain of these souls' ascension or worse, damnation. Oh, and she wakes up with proof of it. Enter Alex, the perfec
EroticaAfterDark (Lilith)
eyeroll

I have never read a book that has bored me so much. I don't know why I did even finish it? Maybe because I was still hoping that the appearance of the 'villain' (sorry for insulting real villains here) would give this story the kick that would make me understand why everyone has rated this book so well...

The only really interesting thing is what the 'heroine' is experiencing... in her dreams. The twist is a new view on things, and that I did like. But that's about it, unfortunately.

What made thi
Willow Brooks
Dec 15, 2015 rated it liked it
The plot started off great but plummeted so much so it became tedious to finish the story; It dragged on and on. I hated the heroine after chapter 18. The ending was basically a lot of work for nothing. All that training for what?? I'm glad it's over. I will add how I believe that if I had read this book three years ago, I probably would have loved it.

I recommend this book for people who are fine with reading stories based around an annoying heroine. I really liked her at first but as the story
Lindsey
Oct 17, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: a-freebies
Amazon Freebie 10/17/13
Kiersten
See more of my reviews at We Live and Breathe Books

Rating: 3.5 stars

There was a time a few months ago when I was binge-one-clicking free eBooks on Amazon – Branded was one of those. In my dilemma to choose a new book, I was scrolling through the ridiculous amount of eBooks I own and I chose Branded, to be completely honest, because it had a really pretty cover. I mean, the cover is just stunning (I see a Cover Cosmetics in your future, Branded). Anyway, I basically devoured this book on Christma
-RadioActiveBookWorm-
Mar 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Goodreads Synopsis: Jessica's had the nightmares for as long as she can remember. Nightmares of being judged for people who have died, of being branded by the angels. Her friends and family think she's a crazy because of it all. Yet she carries the mark of the condemned, seared into the back of her neck, and hides it and herself away from the world.
But when two men she can't ignore enter her life everything changes, including the nightmares. The two of them couldn't be more different. She will d
★Moonrise Books
Jan 23, 2013 rated it liked it
Branded (Fall of Angels, #1) is the story of Jessica, a young woman estranged from her parents, who suffers from excruciating night terrors that have all but taken over her life. Jessica doesn’t sleep. Well, she tries her best not to, but after several days she does succumb to sleep, only to be met with the same nightmares she has had her entire life—nightmares of the trials of souls.

In the nightmares, Jessica waits in a cell for the angel who never speaks. Hooded, she is led to walk the gauntl
Amelia

I started Branded with high hopes - it seemed like an interesting premise and I was happy at the prospect of reading some YA with slightly older characters.

I get a few pages in and already it is setting itself up for a stereotype, complete with pretty-but-kind-of-weird female character plus wealthy-male-model-with-not-much-personality and a healthy dose of insta-love. I was ready to forgive Keary Taylor for this because there was still this mystery over Jessica's dreams and I was intrigued.

An
Dava Stewart
Nov 07, 2012 rated it it was ok
This book is based on a really interesting idea, and after the first chapter or two I was set to like it a lot. Alas, it foundered. The main character is a tortured individual whose life is steeped in the supernatural - not exactly the kind of character you would imagine would be interested in shopping at the mall or painting her toenails. The idea gave the author a great opportunity to explore some deep, philosophical questions about religion and humanity, but she shied away from it. There was ...more
Penelope Fletcher
Nov 26, 2010 rated it really liked it
Crystal Starr Light
Bullet Review:

DNF at 18% and Chapter 6.

This one is truly a shame that I must quit it because it REALLY has a fascinating premise. Jessica goes to sleep, but in her "dreams", she's a soul on judgment in front of a tribunal of 5 evil angels and 5 good angels.

Fascinating, right? Well, it would be without all the boring day-to-day activities and the mooning over Alex's FANTASTIC ABS. Gorrammit, I get it, women are fully entitled to be sexually attracted to a guy purely based on his physical qualitie
Shraddha
Oct 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Alex is just perfect, and so very selfless. He is sunshine and all things that make one happy. I think it was beautiful when Jessica said that she would never be worthy of him but she's going to try.

I freaking love this book! The concept was so different, and Jessica and Alex went through too much. There's just so much love in this book, especially from dear Alex, you can't help but adore the book and the characters!

Here are some things I learned from Branded:
1) You must look past a person's mes
Sam :)
Apr 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ibooks, 4-stars
Rating: 4.25 stars

Such a fantastic and unique plot! Jessica herself was so strong, and I didn't expect half of what happened. My only criticism was that it seemed just a bit too long.
I must admit that I'm not planning on continuing the series, as I just feel like it's better as a stand alone.

I definitely recommend this fallen-angels novel!
Meg (booksandwinewithmeg.blog)
DNF... I trudged on until about 60% couldn't finish
kimberlee
I'm really not sure how to review this book. So I think I'll go with bullet points and just random thoughts because honestly, it was a little incoherent and therefore so is my review.

-The concept was cool, I'll give it that for sure. It had the makings of a good story, but the execution was shaky. I did like the good vs. evil angels and the concept of the trials. I also thought the judgment by proxy thing was an interesting idea.

-The book started off at such a rushed pace I didn't even catch t
Zeek
Apr 01, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
dnf. too twilighty juvenile for me...
Crazy for Young A...: Branded (Fall of Angels, #1), by Keary Taylor → Start Date: October 09, 2015 11 22 Oct 18, 2015 08:12AM
The Free Book Cha...: Branded, by Keary Taylor 4 48 Jun 17, 2015 08:13PM
Kindle Book Sharing: Fall of Angels by Keary Taylor 6 9 Dec 12, 2014 12:30PM
Alex or Cole ??? 4 44 Mar 28, 2014 11:20AM
  • Kissing Trouble
  • What Tomorrow May Bring
  • Stained (Stained, #1)
  • Gifts of the Blood (Angel's Edge, #1)
  • Promise (Soul Savers, #1)
  • Angelblood (Dark Angel, #4)
  • Bird Song (Grace, #2)
  • Collide (Collide, #1)
  • Shadow of the Sun (Timeless, #1)
  • Sojourner (Sojourner, #1)
  • Walking Dead Girl (Vampireland, #1)
  • Glimpse (Zellie Wells, #1)
  • Anathema (Causal Enchantment, #1)
  • Airel: The Awakening (The Airel Saga: Book 1, Part 1)
  • Meant to Be (The Saving Angels, #1)
  • The Pearl Savage (Savage, #1)
  • Awakening (The Watchers, #1)
  • After Eden (Fallen Angels, #1)
Keary Taylor is the USA TODAY bestselling author of over twenty novels. She grew up along the foothills of the Rocky Mountains where she started creating imaginary worlds and daring characters who always fell in love. She now splits her time between a tiny island in the Pacific Northwest and Utah, with her husband and their two children. She continues to have an overactive imagination that frequen ...more
More about Keary Taylor

Fall of Angels (3 books)
  • Forsaken (Fall of Angels, #2)
  • Vindicated (Fall of Angels, #3)
“I rested my chin on my shoulder, not quite fully looking at his face. "They don't disgust you?" I whispered, my voice shaking.
He rested one hand on my other shoulder and the other on my arm and leaned forward, gently pressing his lips into the center of my brand.
"Nothing about you could disgust me," he whispered against my neck.”
21 likes