Start by marking “Marx and Satan” as Want to Read:

3.9  ·  Rating details ·  169 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
The late Reverend Richard Wurmbrand spent 14 years as a prisoner of the Communist government in Romania , where he was persecuted for his faith in Jesus Christ. His experience led him to spend further years researching Karl Marx and the Communist doctrines he developed. While Communism portrays itself as a noble endeavor for the good of mankind, and claims an Atheistic vie ...more
Published December 12th 1986 by Living Sacrifice Book Co. (first published December 1986)

To ask other readers questions about Marx and Satan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Marx and Satan

Allison Tebo
'This is my wish for you, the reader. You have walked with me through the terrible pages of this book....choose life and love and hope and heaven.'

Very enlightening and informative - but I wouldn't recommend this book to anybody! I had to skip some of it because of the horrific descriptions of torture and Satanic worship. This was a very dark and heavy read, and I could feel the oppression of these people as I was reading it.

This book declares the truth, but it is NOT for younger readers.
Friedrich Mencken
Mar 05, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: disinformation
Not only is the book unconvincing but apparently Wurmbrand misrepresented the text he was quoting from as well, as shown in the excellent review by Karl Radl: "when we compare the quotation given by Wurmbrand and the actual side-by-side we can see that Wurmbrand is deliberately misleading his reader about what Riis quoted Helene Demuth as actually saying. Yes: he quotes her words, but he misses the vital clarification about what Riis states she was talking about."

and later summarizes "Essentiall
Janice Shay
Nov 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Simply amazing and makes sense as to the root of hatred by both Karl Marx and Joseph Stalin. I have grown up with the history of Communism in Russia, as my father was born in southern Ukraine in 1914. Many of what stories he told me have been mirrored in Pastor Wurmbrand's books. If Marx was truly one who worshiped Satan over the Lord God, it is no wonder of his hatred of Christian people. But the Love of Jesus is stronger, praise God, as Richard Wurmbrand knew. I could hardly put this book down ...more
Azaghedi
Jan 17, 2015 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Found this little gem in the discard pile at my local public library. I can't resist a book with a title (and cover) like this one. I'll have to read a decent, non-sycophantic, non-vitriolic bio of Marx before attacking this odd little volume so I know exactly what (if anything (and I suspect there will be something(s))) Wurmbrand is fabricating and what he's simply interpreting differently than mainstream thinkers.
Harry Doble
Dec 09, 2016 rated it it was ok
Marx and Satan is an interesting book for a few reasons. Richard Wurmbrand was a Romanian Christian minister who ended up imprisoned and tortured by the Communist regime for several years. He has an ax to grind when it comes to religious persecution, one that I consider legitimate. His thesis is that Marx was a Satanist whose ultimate goal was to destroy religion. He appeals to a lot of juvenilia Marx wrote when he was young, as well as some of the stranger quotes from his mature work and person ...more
Adam Balshan
Apr 02, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: occult, communism
3.5 stars [Occult]
A fascinating book. I expected political conjecture or theological parallelism, but Wurmbrand offers the poetry of Marx and Engels themselves! Statements from Communists about working for Satan. Illumination of a (not entirely unknown) secret society, even, with its highest echelon called "Hell." Comparison of Satanist ritual with the writings and actions of Marxists of the highest pedigree.

The only drawback was its style, which was wandering, and almost random. Almost no segu
Mark
Mar 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
A fascinating and compelling read on a disturbing, but important topic. Wurmbrand exposes the Satanic origins of Marxism and the Satanic behavior of its most famous proponents. This book is a warning voice to all who sympathize in the least with Marxism in hopes that they turn away from the Marxism so prevalent in today's society and overcome the 'natural man' by siding with the truth and justice found in Christ.
Tom
Oct 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing
A very insightful book written by a man who knows his topic. It documents the Satanic philosophy behind Marxism. Although Marxists believe in creating a Heaven upon earth, history reveals that it produces just the opposite.
Sam Lonberg
May 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Fascinating and chilling! The nihilism and Satanic influences of Marxism/Communism are clearly established thru Marx's own words.
Soteria Allen
Nov 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: EVERYONE!!
Recommended to Soteria by: Joseph Farrah Editor World Net Daily (WND)
This book was a real eyeopener as to how a Christian, in this case, Karl Marx, can get so deceived by the devil, even to end up no longer believing in the Bible, and the God he knew personally (Karl Marx had a relationship with Jesus!) mainly through studying so called science in college that resulted in him believing in evolution INSTEAD of the Bible! This book clearly shows how the theory (not really proven scientifically!!) of evolution extremely contradicts the Bible!
As it h
Don Incognito
Jul 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
This was probably the most interesting book I've read this year.

It should actually be titled Marxism and Satan, not Marx and Satan, because it is more a book about the mostly hidden Satanic origins of Marxism than a spiritual biography of Karl Marx, and as such, it's broad enough to include information on the religious viewpoints of Marx's contemporaries who influenced him or were influenced by him. These include Moses Hess (described as Marx's philosophical mentor, the man who inspired him to e
Tomas
Oct 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
After reading this book I must admit that it's premise - Marx being a satanist mastermind - is not that far fetched. Was Marx aware that his philosophy is in direct opposition of what Christianity teaches? Yes. Was Marx an atheist? Looks like no, because in his writings we find his hateful relation towards christian God. So is it not right to call him a satanist if he hates God and actively proposes ideas that goes directly against christian faith?

This book is a must read for all the young lefti
Herr Adam Martin
Aug 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Eye-opening to what aspects of Marx's life and thought may have been influenced by his initiation into the realm of Satanism. The well-researched bibliography from which Wurmbrand draws is worthy of investigation as well.
Gyoza
Mar 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: religion, politics, war
This is a very convincing book, written by a Romanian victim of Marxism, that brings forward the hypothesis that Karl Marx and some of his most infamous followers may have been strongly influenced by Satanism. Wurmbrand cites excerpts from Marx's books, poetry, and correspondence that point in that direction, such that further research into the possibility is warranted. I also did not realize that a very large portion of Marx's writings have been sitting in Russian vaults and kept from being dis ...more
Will
Nov 14, 2016 rated it liked it
The author writes in a good spirit, but many of the quotations are provided without context, and scanty evidence is often stretched thin to accommodate the theories. The only substantive point I could draw from this book is that Marx's writings were more focussed on hatred than love. To say more is beyond my power—but isn't that enough?
Mark
Aug 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
While Wurmbrand himself admits that some points may be based on little more than supposition, his dedication to research from primary sources, and breadth of "findings", at the least leads the reader to some interesting/disturbing possibilities. Either way, a pretty entertaining and quick read.
Gayle
Mar 18, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: karl-marx
Interesting read though not well edited. Informative.
Elizabeth
Nov 02, 2009 rated it really liked it
Very informative book from VOM with parallels between Marx and Satan. Didn't know that Marx was a satanist....that was good to know. I wonder if Hitler was one too
Lisa
Oct 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was a difficult book because of the subject matter, but well worth the read. Very enlightening.
Ysa
Apr 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Definitely not recommended for anyone not serious on this subject.
Just - wow. This is a highly powerful book.
Eva
Oct 20, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This book is not for the faint of heart.
Jade
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Ra Material
  • Vacation
  • From the Ashes of Angels: The Forbidden Legacy of a Fallen Race
  • Strange Angel: The Otherworldly Life of Rocket Scientist John Whiteside Parsons
  • Initiation
  • The Threat: The Secret Agenda What the Aliens Really Want and How They Plan to Get It
  • House of Stone: The True Story of a Family Divided in War-Torn Zimbabwe
  • Political Ponerology
  • Vaccine A: The Covert Government Experiment That's Killing Our Soldiers--and Why GI's Are Only the First Victims
  • The Urantia Book
  • Thirteen Cents
  • Angels, Demons & Gods of the New Millenium: Musings on Modern Magick
  • The C.I.A. Doctors: Human Rights Violations by American Psychiatrists
  • The Search for the Manchurian Candidate: The CIA & Mind Control
  • The Sabi
  • The Stargate Conspiracy
  • The Most Dangerous Book in the World: 9/11 as Mass Ritual
  • Extreme Prejudice: The Terrifying Story of the Patriot ACT and the Cover Ups of 9/11 and Iraq: The Ultimate Conspiracy to Silence Truth
Early life

Richard Wurmbrand, the youngest of four boys, was born in 1909 in Bucharest in a Jewish family. He lived with his family in Istanbul for a short while; his father died when he was 9, and the Wurmbrands returned to Romania when he was 15.

As an adolescent, he became attracted to communism, and, after attending a series of illegal meetings of the Communist Party of Romania (PCdR), he was se
More about Richard Wurmbrand...