Start by marking “GenoType Diet” as Want to Read:

3.53  ·  Rating details ·  240 Ratings  ·  36 Reviews
What's Your GenoType?
GenoType 1
The Hunter
Tall, thin, and intense, with an overabundance of adrenaline and a fierce, nervous energy that winds down with age, the Hunter was originally the success story of the human species. Vulnerable to systemic burnout when overstressed, the Hunter's modern challenge is to conserve energy for the long haul.
GenoType 2
The Gatherer
Full-fig
Published December 26th 2007 by Broadway Books (first published December 26th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about GenoType Diet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about GenoType Diet

Dan Spradlin
Feb 15, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
There was literally no official reference to any studies although he claimed correlations throughout the whole book. Any book that draws conclusions such as the ones in this book should be heavily supported and cited otherwise I consider it hearsay. A couple of anecdotes about his patients do not constitute as proof to me. Although I believe the premise of the book (see "Survival of the Sickest" for real scientific conclusions on the subject of genetics and diets), and he does have an occasional ...more
Christine
Jan 21, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: health
Friends have noticed how many nutrition/diet books I have read--well, it's probably because I am a strong match for the Warrior Phenotype. (My husband points out since these types are determined by observable, measurable characteristics these should be called PHENOtypes not genotypes.) The Warrior phenotype is lean and healthy in youth, but can't keep their eat-anything ways and stay that way in middle age; especially not processing most meat (storing it instead!). One thing I like about this bo ...more
Michelle Hankes
Jun 22, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a fascinating new book from the author of the Eat Right 4 Your Type blood type diet. It is based solely on the concept that not only do our bodies require certain foods based on our blood types, but on a genetic level, our bodies have certain requirements passed down by our ancestors. Not only does it make sense, but I can tell you from personal experience, it is accurate. Fascinating read for anyone looking to improve their health and really begin to understand their body from the insid ...more
Amy J. Whetten
May 12, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone concerned with personal health
D'Adamo challenged my credulity again with his research and conclusions, since his genotypes do not exactly align with blood types. However, in many ways it builds on his previous work, and again, following his recommendations resulted in a surprising improvement to my health. This book can be life-changing at best, and interesting at least.
Stefany
Jan 26, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have been following the Blood Type Diet for almost 5 years and it had been very beneficial. I was interested in the possibility of fine tuning my diet. I just finished figuring out that genotype I am so I am excited to adjust my diet and see how it goes.
Kim Moss
Feb 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Insightful and helpful. I am implementing the dietary recommendations and excited about the mild detoxes he suggests for my genotype; fascinating. This book goes hand in hand with current discussions on how humans "categorize" themselves racially, scientifically dismissing the viewpoint that we are more separated by race and instead emphasizing how we are shaped by our environmental (in utero and after) and geographically genetic history. Of course the discussion on epigenetics touches on some r ...more
Correen
Feb 05, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition

I read the body types and guessed at my most likely type -- nomad.
I took the basic type profiler and got my result -- gatherer.
I took my advanced type profiler and got my result -- nomad.
I read the characteristics -- neither fit but a bit of one and a bit of the other.

He says there are precisely six types and no combinations of type. That sounds absurd. How would he know that with such certainty? He used to write about blood types. Now he is pitching epigenetics as the foundation of his thinki
Agnes Stanley
Jan 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's a MUST have book, especially for those that have read his Eat Right for your Type book. It more clearly identifies the foods and supplements for various genotypes. Very empowering. I found it a relief to read confirmation about what I already knew about my body, ie. certain foods I could eat or didn't want to eat regularly. It's a lot easier if you have your blood type as I determined my mom's genotype without her blood type, and since she doesn't listen to her body it makes her skeptical. ...more
Kasey
Aug 19, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty interesting. I don't know how much of it I'm buying into. The book has you measure yourself in various ways from a basic are your legs longer than your torso/which is longer ring or index finger to a more advanced method which takes into account if you're a super taster your secretor type and blood type.

Honestly the intermediate method was more accurate for me. The advanced I didn't match ANY of the things listed (I was warrior on advanced) but I matched the mail profile and what the inte
Amy Dana
Jan 03, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Given my experience with celiac, the premise behind this book resonates with me. I can appreciate first-hand how toxic some foods are to my body. The implications of this are huge, though -- for medicine, for the way we view our diversity, for sustainable agriculture, for our way of life.... 9 billion people who can't seem to find their way to good nutrition and a planet that's struggling already to feed them....
Kelly
Oct 25, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I had read his Eating for Your Blood Type and liked it. So I read this one. I felt like I was reading something written by a quack. He basically back peddled on a lot of things he put in his first book. Example: he said Type A blood should not eat red meat. Now he says "well, some type A's should". What kind of thing is that? And the "genotype calculator" was silly. It said to measure my leg, fingers, etc. Wow, sounds really scientific.
Lydia
Sep 12, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone willing to make a change in their life
Recommended to Lydia by: Rienna Young
This is very interesting. Dr. D'Adamo is very brilliant and patient to be able to put all of this new scientific terminology into words that the average person can understand.

I definitely would recommend this book to anyone who is willing to make a lifestyle change. It is very easy to find out what your geno-type is. I'd found out that I was geno-type GT5(Warrior) within the first day I'd started reading the book. However, it's a book that I don't think I'll ever stop reading.
Elaysee
Jun 22, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: phys-lib

He should really proof his magic foods better. In the edition I snickered my way through, cherries were a superfood for one of the types while cherry juice was toxic to that type. Or maybe it was vice versa, but the tables were full of similar contradictions.
Psparke2000
Nov 19, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There are some new ideas in this book that may really help people improve their health. I especially think it is worth looking into if someone has health problems that they are wanting to get control of.
Rahmani
Sep 25, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Buku ini berisi informasi mengenai 4 tipe2 manusia dan ciri2 mengenali 4 tipe tersebut, agak membingungkan karena harus melakukan pengukuran serta pengamatan serta harus menghapal daftar makanan yang boleh atau tidak boleh
Heather
Jun 16, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: did-not-finish
I think its far more helpful to buy the diet software Swami, because it further customizes your food list to include foods that this book says to avoid. Otherwise the info is great and the same as the other books.
Susan Barrett
I will try anything---haha
Heather
Apr 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Currently we are fully invested in this way of eating. If you don't want to buy the diet software to go along with this diet, this book will be good enough to get you going.
Jun 24, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Some of it makes sense, but I can't buy into all of it.
Tracey
Mar 13, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting concept..
Kaz
Aug 20, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reading at the moment for further information finding this an interesting and informative read at the moment , worth picking up.
Jan 02, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very interesting concept and I'm going to try this i this new year.
Lauren orso
allegedly, i am an "EXPLORER" which means i ought not to eat anything that i like.
Lisa
Feb 23, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm not sure about the science behind it, but it sure sounds good.
Morgan Summerfield
Very interesting approach. Diets are quite sensible, even without all the additional tweaks.
Grace
Nov 02, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I like the blood type diet better this is convoluted and contradicts the blood type information.
I didi read the whole book and figure out my GenoType. I'm not impressed.

Lori
Feb 04, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I thought it was going to be a joke, but there was actually some very interesting science. Unfortunately, I didn't match up well to any of the genotypes,and I was a quite annoyed!
Deb
Jun 28, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: dieters, studiers of body-types
A good more-to-it update of "Eat Right 4 Your [Blood] Type"; refinements and additional categories; more dietary choices. More science.
Emillam
Interesting theory on our genetic types and therefore how/what we should eat to live the longest and be most healthy...
Karen Harper
This "Genotype diet" is an interesting idea and made for an entertaining read. I don't believe any of it for one minute, though.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Raw Food Life Force Energy: Enter a Totally New Stratosphere of Weight Loss, Beauty, and Health (Raw Food Series)
  • The Whole Life Nutrition Cookbook: Whole Foods Recipes for Personal and Planetary Health
  • Ayurveda: A Life of Balance: The Complete Guide to Ayurvedic Nutrition and Body Types with Recipes
  • Basic Teachings of the Buddha
  • Dr. Abravanel's Body Type Diet and Lifetime Nutrition Plan
  • Before the Change: Taking Charge of Your Perimenopause
  • Chakras and Their Archetypes: Uniting Energy Awareness and Spiritual Growth
  • Thyroid Power: Ten Steps to Total Health
  • On God: An Uncommon Conversation
  • Fifteen Days: Stories of Bravery, Friendship, Life and Death from Inside the New Canadian Army
  • Plant Spirit Medicine: The Healing Power of Plants
  • Breakthrough:Eight Steps to Wellness (Life-Altering Secrets from Today's Cutting-Edge Doctors)
  • The Hormone Diet: Lose Fat. Gain Strength. Live Younger Longer.
  • Sinatra: The Life
  • Whole-Grain Mornings: New Breakfast Recipes to Span the Seasons
  • Joy the Baker Homemade Decadence: Irresistibly Sweet, Salty, Gooey, Sticky, Fluffy, Creamy, Crunchy Treats
  • Bayou Farewell: The Rich Life and Tragic Death of Louisiana's Cajun Coast
  • No B.S. Direct Marketing: The Ultimate No Holds Barred Kick Butt Take No Prisoners Direct Marketing for Non-Direct Marketing Businesses