Start by marking “Jewel of Atlantis (Atlantis, #2)” as Want to Read:
Jewel of Atlantis (Atlantis, #2)

Jewel of Atlantis (Atlantis #2)

4.01  ·  Rating details ·  8,788 Ratings  ·  263 Reviews
All Atlantis seeks the Jewel of Dunamis, which legend claims can overcome any enemy. Grayson James, human agent of the ultrasecret Otherworld Bureau of Investigation, has orders to keep it from the wrong hands—or destroy it. What he doesn't know is that Jewel is a woman, not a stone! But once he meets this precious gem, destroying her is the last thing on his mind….

Jewel,
Published January 1st 2010 by HQN Books (first published February 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Jewel of Atlantis, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jewel of Atlantis

Carmen
Jul 03, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No one
SPOILERS NOT HIDDEN IN THIS REVIEW

WHY VAMPIRES SUCK AS ROMANTIC LEADS BY CARMEN
1.) They're cold. And dead. This is not sexy.
2.) I don't want to hurt my lover, and I don't want to be hurt by my lover. Pain during sex is not appealing (to me).
3.) Someone kissing your neck = yum.
Someone nibbling/biting your neck = yum.
Getting hickeys = yum.
Someone taking their razor-sharp teeth and plunging them into your carotid artery = yuck.
Your blood gushing out into someone's mouth = yuck.
The taste of blo
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
I'd give this 4.5 stars if I could. Although it took me a while to finish this book because of outside factors, I thought it was pretty awesome. My one complaint is I think the ending was a bit rushed. This might be the hottest book that I have read by GS so far. The love scenes were pretty steamy. One thing I liked is that Gray has a very large POV in this story. It's really cool to see a romance from the guy's perspective. And I feel that his viewpoint read pretty authentic for a guy. He did a ...more
valee
While I enjoyed this book I didn't find it as interesting as the first one. It had some amazing parts where I found myself sighing like a 15-year old and then some others where I thought: ARE YOU SERIOUS?

IMHO the problem with this installment was that it lacked everything I loved about book one. I adored the Dragon warriors, for me they are the most interesting species because I have never read about them before, while I got a bit bored of gods, vampires and demons. I was exhilarated about readi
Zeek
Well this is when the author was on her A game. Classic Paranormal Romance (PNR) full of gods and demons and mythical creatures... with a dash of military romance because of the hero. :)

Grayson James is part of the Otherworld Bureau of Investigation (OBI)- a black ops group so secret, few know about it… because few know about the creatures the OBI investigates. Sent to Atlantis, (a world hidden in the depth of the oceans), to recover a Jewel rumored to be so powerful, armies fall before it, he i
Rebecca
Oct 30, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
(Atlantis,#2) I love Grayson James! Gray is an OBI agent sent to Atlantis to obtain the Jewel of Dunamis. I enjoyed learning more about the different creatures of Atlantis. This book has nonstop action, adventure, and romance from beginning to end.
Laura Marcela ✎・:*:・ |spoilers af|
Y justo cuando perdía la fe.
Luego de leer el primer libro, no la mejor experiencia de mi vida, sentí que le debía a Gena la oportunidad de volver a intentarlo, puesto que he amado LoTU, y que bien que se la di.
Ésta segunda entrega resultó muchísimo más ligera y sumamente más entretenida que la anterior. Los personajes se desarrollan mucho mejor y el conflicto de los protagonistas que sí deben o no estar juntos está tan bien justificado que no resulta tonto y pobre. Gray es un caballero, un guer
Lover of Romance
Jewel of Atlantis begins with Grayson James, a agent, a human who is looking for the Jewel of Dunamis, which legend has claimed is more powerful than anything and can provide the means to destroy any enemy, however there is one catch. Grayson must find the Jewel which is in Atlantis but what Grayson assumed is the the Jewel is a stone. When he is close to finding the Jewel, he starts to hear a voice in his head, a woman's voice that stirs up desire within him, even though he is suspicious and do ...more
Annalisa
May 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Anche il secondo capitolo della serie ambientata ad Atlantide mi è piaciuto molto; forse leggermente meno del primo libro, ma solo per il fatto che Gray per il novanta percento del libro non fa che pensare al sesso... ha persino delle convensarzioni con il "Generale Felice" *sto alzando gli occhi al cielo al momento*
Jewel è stata davvero sfortunata per tutta la sua vita, ma poi finalmente incontra Gray e dopo averne passate di cotte e di crude anche lei trova il lieto fine... anche se ha dovuto
Carolyn F.
Firstly, Gray is a pale blonde, what in the hell is Johnny Knoxville doing on the front of the book? Gray is there to steal a jewel that can figure out if people are lying and tell the future. It ends up the jewel is Jewel, who has had a psychic link to him all of his life. Now he has to try to save her from the demons that have kidnapped her and figure out what he is going to do with her once she's safe. Cute book, stale jokes. I think this is only the second book I've read by the author. I bou ...more
Meret Punk
3 stars (:
I liked this book :D
But, what I didnt like is the fact that I knew that Jewel is the jewel of Dunamis from the blurb..
Like it would have been better as a surprise :( ..
This is the first GS book I dont give a rating above 4 :( ..
And I surely hope its the last..
But I will always love Gena Showalter, no matter what xD❤
Barbara ★
Jan 30, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Barbara ★ by: people who like Atlantis, vampires, dragons
I liked this book better than Heart of the Dragon (book 1). I think this is because book 1 of a series always has to set the stage (so to speak) and gets bogged down in extraneous details.

The mystery of Atlantis has always fascinated me and even though this series puts a different spin on the legend, I still loved it and read it in only 3 hours.
Merve Özcan
Aug 03, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: dragon
it was really a beautiful book, funny, creative... while ı was reading it, i really enjoyed.it wasnt a waste of time. nymphs vamps demon etc. it has really colorful characters.

kitap gerçekten çok akıcı arada başkalarını gözünden anlatsada asıl olayları anlatan Gray ve Jewel. okuması eylenceli bir daha okuyacağımı sanmıyorum ama okudugum sürece eylendim aşagına türkçe bir özet bulacaksın (daha çok benim yararıma :D)

Gray Atlantisin mücevherini aramak için , (bilin bakalım nereye) Atlantise gön
Astri  Nasthasia Videlia
Catherine
Gray James is sent to Atlantis through a portal to find the Jewel of Dunamis. His employer, the Otherworld Bureau of Investigations, discovered a book detailing the many dangers native to Atlantis. Unfortunately for Gray none of them took the book too seriously. After being hunted by vampires and demons, Gray knows that all the information was correct. When he's in a tight situation someone suddenly speaks to him in his mind and helps him make it out alive. Gray isn't sure whether he can trust t ...more
Jasmyn
Dec 22, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The second book in the Atlantis series. Atlantis is a world hidden below the ocean by the gods to contain all of their creations before the humans. The only way in is to discover one of two secret portals...guarded by men that can change into dragons and are ordered to kill all who try to come in.

Grayson James has managed to sneak through these fearsome guardians (not sure how) in search of the mythical Jewel of Dunamis. A jewel that has the power to tell the future, read minds, and separate lie
Megan
This is a hard book to rate. I thought the first 100 pages and the last 30 pages were awesome! Other than that, I felt that the middle of the book was slow and that the h/h didn’t have much chemistry. The only other problem I had with this book was the swearing. Now, I’m not a prude, and I don’t mind swearing. However, this felt like it was swearing for no reason, that Ms. Showalter had some type of quota and put them in whenever she felt like it. I believe that swearing needs to be put only in ...more
Elisa
4.5

I’m so annoyed I have to give this 4.5 stars and not 5! The very last scene is just not worthy of 5 no matter how much the rest of the book is worth. The final scene is the pinnacle and this one, although a perfect ending, was not well presented. Arg!

This was quite a cute story aside from the horrible life of the heroine prior to the hero’s entrance. Jewel/Pru/Blaze and other hilarious names is the very much coveted Jewel of Dunamis, one of the most powerful entities in Atlantis. Grayson Jame
Julia DeBarrioz
Nov 08, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vampires
I normally wouldn't have sought this out on my own, but it was selected for my fantasy book club. (I have this thing about covers with shirtless muscled men raising a red flag as far as quality in a book, and in this case, my bias was entirely correct). I live for a good action-packed and sexy pulp-fantasy romp, but this ain't it, folks...

Maybe this book deserves more like 2.5 stars. It started out strong. The hero was amusing with some good one liners that made me laugh. The descriptions of th
Lindsey
I love Gena Showalter. The worlds, people, creatures, relationships all seem so real.

There are only two things I'll throw stones at her for.
1. This book, possibly this whole series. After this book, I don't have the desire to continue reading them. It was WAY too sexual. I don't mind sex in books...obviously- I mostly read paranormal romance these days. BUT this book just grated on my nerves. I had to push myself to finish it. All the main characters thought about was sex sex sex. Arg! I mean
Anne
This is my first time reading anything by Gena Showalter, and I doubt it will be my last. I absolutely loved the world that built in this book! The characters were so interesting (both the good and the bad) that I couldn't help flying through the pages.
The only reason I'm giving this 4 stars instead of 5 is because I felt the ending was sort of rushed. There were a lot of things that weren't explained fully enough (for me, anyway). Maybe some of the answers are in the next book? At any rate, I'
Lauren
May 30, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. Gray was the perfect man. His sense of humor and him just being a pervert had me cracking up. His attitude just made him sexy and hot. It was just so sweet at the end how he just wanted to protect her and treat her like he had never treated any other woman. It was just sweet. He turned into such a thoughtful guy. And just reading some parts just had me smiling from ear to ear. It's a great book!
Jessica  `~Blahyze~`
I didn't like it as much as I loved the first one, but it was still a pretty great read, heaps of action and steamy scenes. I didn't much care for the lead female character Jewel, but the male lead had some spunk to him.
Marulett
Buddy read with Aly - Solid 5 stars

Really liked it :)))))

I'll update my review with gifs shortly
Kristin
Nov 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Passing out in front of a woman was bad enough. Passing out in front of Jewel and muttering Kilgon was an ego killer. He'd tried his damnedest to make her see him as strong, capable. Invincible."
Gabs
Oct 31, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Me gustó bastante más que el primero. Jewel es un personaje adorable <3 y la historia se me hizo muy entretenida.
Angela Carr (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Better than the first book. Definitely!
Kathy
Fefi
Un dolce segreto...

Per fortuna questo secondo volume della serie è più appassionante dell' altro: si scoprono ulteriori dettagli di Atlantide,ci sono nuove creature e ritornano anche Darius e Grace.
Il personaggio di Jewel è curioso,mentre Gray è il classico uomo di questo genere di romanzi.
Anche qui,però,le battaglie sono sempre molto brevi e scontate e il finale è sempre frettoloso.
Proseguo con il terzo libro...
Jennifer F
Was a continuation in the Atlantis series, this novel was about the Dunamis Jewel and how the human was supposed to hunt and bring back or destroy it . He find the love of his life and fights pretty awesome battles. The romance was good, the plot well written and the story flows well.
Ok im just gonna throw this out there (rant ahead) 10 67 Nov 17, 2012 01:18PM
Gena Showalter Fans: Jewel of Atlantis (Atlantis #2) 1 7 Jul 23, 2012 01:26PM
  • Deep Kiss of Winter (Includes: Immortals After Dark, #8; Alien Huntress, #3.5)
  • Lord of Rage (Royal House of Shadows, #2)
  • Red Kiss (Gods of Midnight, #2)
  • Atlantis Unleashed (Warriors of Poseidon,  #3)
  • Touch of Darkness (Darkness Chosen #2)
  • Rapture (Shadowdwellers, #2)
  • Darkness Revealed (Guardians of Eternity, #4)
  • Mysteria (Mysteria, #1)
  • Lord of the Wolfyn (Royal House of Shadows, #3)
  • Dark Defender (Paladins of Darkness, #2)
  • Lord of the Abyss (Royal House of Shadows, #4)
Gena Showalter is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over thirty books in paranormal and contemporary romances, as well as young adult novels. Her series include White Rabbit Chronicles, Angels of the Dark, Otherworld Assassins, Lords of the Underworld, Alien Huntress and Intertwined.

Her novels have appeared in Cosmopolitan Magazine, and Seventeen Magazine, and have been transl
More about Gena Showalter...

Atlantis (4 books)
  • Heart of the Dragon (Atlantis, #1)
  • The Nymph King (Atlantis, #3)
  • The Vampire's Bride (Atlantis, #4)
“(If plan KTB kill the bastard) didn't work, well, gray would resort to Plan B: Operation Oh Sh**” 42 likes
“It is my job-no,-my privilege-to make the fire become an inferno. -Gray” 2 likes