Start by marking “Orchard Valley Grooms: Valerie\Stephanie” as Want to Read:
Orchard Valley Grooms: Valerie\Stephanie

Orchard Valley Grooms: Valerie\Stephanie (Orchard Valley #1-2)

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  1,687 Ratings  ·  81 Reviews
Valerie rushes home to Orchard Valley, Oregon, when her father, David, suffers a heart attack. She and her two younger sisters, Stephanie and Norah, are gathering at his side, praying he'll live, fearing he'll die….

At a time like this, falling in love is the last thing on Valerie's mind. And with Dr. Colby Winston, of all people! He's David's heart surgeon, a renowned spec
Published May 25th 2010 by Mira (first published May 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Orchard Valley Grooms, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Orchard Valley Grooms

Megan
Jun 23, 2010 rated it it was ok
Thought I rated this already.... finished it awhile ago. I find Debbie Macomber extremely irritating because people routinely fall in love and get engaged after knowing each other for LITERALLY 3 weeks! Completely ridiculous!!!
Rachel
Feb 28, 2011 rated it did not like it
Amazed I made it through this one.
Jeanine
Aug 06, 2015 rated it liked it
The first book of this duet (Valerie's story) was not my favourite Macomber book.
Though the characters were interesting I was having a great deal of difficulty believing that a doctor would fall so quickly for a daughter of one of his patients. I also had a hard time believing that Valerie, who had been working as an executive up until her father's heart attack, would be willing to fold her tent and return to Orchard Valley after living more than a decade in Texas.

All that aside, the secondary
Virginia Markhart
Jun 11, 2010 rated it liked it
Debbie Macomber is usually one of my favorite authors, This book was a disappointment. Bought it at Walmart in Willows CA on my way to Covelo CA. I struggled to complete the first half which was about Valerie. It was just too cheesy for me. The second half was even worse. Stephanie was just pretty much pathetic. So glad to be finished. The book calls for a sequel surrounding their sister, Norah. I will not be reading that one.
Lisa Halper Rodriguez
Ok. Not one of her best
Jessica
Mar 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Valerie: 3.5*
Cz i read the manga already, i found the novel is much more elaborated and centered in the three-sister's father's near-death experience. Their mother in heaven told the father that he still has long years to live and gave him predictions on what's gonna make him look forward to living. Dr. Winston is a gorgeous doctor, and Valerie is one-heck of capable businesswoman. They are alike but opposite as well. I love how the ending is soooo romantic, and not portrayed in the manga.

Steph
Jazmine(The Bookworm)
May 15, 2017 rated it it was ok
This saddens me. Usually I adore Debbie Macomber but this one I just couldn't get into no matter how hard I tried. Plot seemed to go nowhere and the characters were flat.
Jewel
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was ok
I'm a huge fan of the author but I really couldn't get into this series. I found the brides to be annoying. I did like the dad though.
Andge (Down the Rabbit Hole)
It's a fairly open secret that I have some strange soft spot for Debbie Macomber. Yes, her stories can be cheesy with their happy-ever-after endings, but sometimes, a girl just needs those kinds of endings, you know?

With Orchard Valley Grooms, I had such high hopes. Two sisters falling in love with their respective special someones? Sounds like it fits the criteria to a glove.

But. Yes, there is a but. These two stories captured me with their endless drama and irritated me to no end all at the s
Debra McEathron
Feb 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
They were 2 really cute stories about love and life and dreams coming true.
Drebbles
Aug 24, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010
“Orchard Valley Grooms” consists of two books by Debbie Macomber that were first published in 1992. The books are about the Bloomfield sisters (Valerie, Stephanie, and Norah) who have been living separate lives but come together again when their father suffers a serious heart attack.

Valerie:

Although she grew up in quiet Orchard Valley, Oregon, Valerie Bloomfield is now a high-powered businesswoman who prefers city life. Her career comes first although she suspects she may eventually become roman
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
This was a book split into two parts about sisters finding their future husbands. It begins with three sisters getting the dreadful news that their beloved father is having a major heart attack and needs critical surgery. In this book, the romantic lives of Valerie, and Stephanie are told to us. The fun element is that Daddy, during his clinical death, has a grand talk with his beloved, Grace...the girl's Mother, and learns not only the persons the girls will marry, but when and how many childre ...more
Chuanen Tan
Aug 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book. It was really unexpected for me as I didn't expect much of it.

Valerie's story: I liked Valerie's grit and how the story had an angsty element to it. Valerie meets a doctor and they fight to keep the irresistible attraction at bay, but to no avail, of course. I enjoyed how both the heroine and the hero tried to deny their feelings but couldn't.

This is a nice read.

Stephanie's story: After being cruelly rejected by Charles, she is apprehensive about meeting him again. She trie
Tiffany
Jan 25, 2011 rated it liked it
The first story in this book feautures all of the three sisters but focuses on Valerie. I enjoyed the plot and the relationship that started building between Colby and Valerie. In the beginning you get the background on both and then their fears for each other. But not many pages all of a sudden we have a repeat of all the same exact information that was told to us in the beginning. Things were repeated so much that I was frustrated. Debbie Macomber doesn't usually repeat information too much un ...more
Amos
Jun 15, 2010 rated it liked it
Two good related romance novels about North Western Oregon, Don't know much personally about Houston or New York. But I remember climbing Multnomah Falls back in the late 1950s or early 1960s with a group sponsored by a member of the Sierra club. Sadly I had no great love around at the time. Maybe I was a bit young but still a teenaged boy...
book of MB now to pass on to SHB... And I did visit Portland several times in the late 1950s.. From my reading Cherries were a popular and profitable fruit
Penny Newton
Jul 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I bought three of her books about 2 years ago but have yet to read them. I have moved in with some friends and my household items are in storage. Including those books. I all of a sudden waneted read them. So I purchased on at hastings. Once I began reading it I couldnt put it down. I read it in a very short time. That is a short of a miracle for me. I am adhd (I Think) and reading a whole book is like not even thought of in my brain. But I could not put this one down. It has lit a fire in my re ...more
Kim Hampton
Mar 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Two books in one, both about the Bloomfield sisters. When their father David suffers a heart attack, all three of his girls rush home. The oldest, Valerie, discovers she's falling in love with her father's doctor. The middle girl, Stephanie, runs into her old flame and discovers that three years away hasn't changed her feelings. Both stories are great reads, and I can't wait to read the last book in the series about their youngest sister, Norah.
Lbaker
Oct 26, 2011 rated it liked it
Every time I pick up a book by Debbie Macomber I know there will be a happy ending, a romance and the amount of pain will be limited.

The only problem is I'm always a little embarrassed to be seen with these books - I know it's me, millions of women read these books, they're like popcorn, light, fluffy, and hard to resist! But I still prefer to be seen reading dark chocolate books - deep, moody, not too sweet, and a little messy!
Renee
Jun 09, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Another of the MIL stash. I would never have seen, much less picked up, this book if it hadn't been for her. While this might not be the best book I've ever read, I can now understand why Macomber is such a popular writer -- in fact, I might look for her books now and again. Admittedly, I also have a soft spot for books about a big-city protagonist who moves to a small town. That's probably part of why I liked the next book too.
Patricia Solla
Apr 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
This book contains the stories of two of three sisters finding romance. Something happens to their father that prompts family togetherness in a crisis. The result is an interesting combination of the father having a 'out of body' experience and the sisters finding husbands. The characters are charming and well developed.
Katrina
Aug 05, 2011 rated it it was ok
I think I would have liked this book better if the two stories were told simultanously. The Valerie book and Stephanie book covered the same time period so I kinda felt I was reading about the same events again while reading the second book. It still had good characters that I cared about so it was still well written.
Heather
May 24, 2011 rated it did not like it
This was my first Debbie Macomber book and I was less than impressed. I made it through the first half of the book (Valerie), but it was painful. By the time I got to the second half I decided I didn't care at all about the story and just quit reading it. I'm not one to give up easily on books so that says a lot. I doubt I'll try another Macomber book.
Rebecca Dean
Nov 06, 2010 rated it it was ok
Just an OK book. I don't seem to get into Debbie MaComber's books. After I read them I can't remember what they were about without reading the back of the book. Her characters aren't very well developed so I really don't even remember them.
Sad, really. I wish they were better books.
But.... I do love the cover of "Orchard Valley Grooms", very appealing.
Lani
It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I think I would have liked Orchard Valley Brides: Norah\Lone Star Lovin' if I would have listened to this book first.
Nikki
Jan 26, 2016 rated it liked it
I liked Stephanie's story better than I did Valerie's, but I begin to grow weary of Macomber. Her books are hit or miss for me. Sometimes I love them, like Starry Night. Other times I am relatively unimpressed, like with A Good Yarn. Unfortunately, I stocked up on her books before I became disenchanted, so I have a few more to go. Here's hoping they're hits not misses.
Cricket
Apr 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Stephanie offs the second installment of this series. It's a quick, fun and easy read. Her love interest is very predictable from early on even with them working though several past problems. I will definitely read the rest of this series. It's a book that I can recommend for people from my teenage granddaughter though my older aged friends.
Bj Hoover
Sep 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
I did enjoy this old book combination of Valerie and Stephanie because I hadn't read them before. Now I want to get a copy of Orchard Valley Brides to complete the tale of the other sister, Norah, and of Sherry. Debbie Macomber always finds the good in people and tells stories in a way no one else does.
Susan (susayq ~)
3.5 stars.

This included 2 different stories. Valerie's story was an angsty read. Stephanie's was angsty, but not nearly as much as Valerie's. I imagine I'll have to find their sister, Norah's now just so I know who she ends up with LOL
Annette
Dec 13, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: kindle, translation
Jeg er altså ikke amerikansk nok til at kunne tage det seriøst når hovedpersonerne ææælsker hinanden efter tre ugers bekendtskab og bliver enige om at gifte sig, for det er jo det rette at gøre, også selv om man ikke engang har været i seng sammen. Fy da føj, en gang kvalm sødsuppe
Sucoxon
Jan 02, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2012
Three short stories about three sisters that occur at the same point in time. Seemed a little redundent after the first one and very much so by the third. I've liked her longer stories but not these short storied, but I've never been a fan of short stories.
  • Once Upon a Christmas: The Most Wonderful Time of the Year/'Twas the Week Before Christmas
  • Heat Wave: Rex on the Beach/Getting Into Trouble/Shaken and Stirred
  • Christmas Weddings: His Christmas Eve Proposal / Snowbound Bride / Their Christmas Vows
  • Ex, Why, and Me
  • The First Love Cookie Club (Twilight, Texas, #3)
  • Hearts Under Caution
  • Turn My World Upside Down: Jo's Story
  • Teaming Up (Harlequin NASCAR, #26)
  • Amazing Gracie
  • The Black Sheep and the Hidden Beauty (Unholy Trinity #2)
  • Desert Rogues Part 2
  • Footloose (Bellagio, #3)
  • A NASCAR Holiday 2: Miracle Season/Season of Dreams/Taking Control/The Natural
  • Our Little Secret
  • The Irish Devil (Devil, #1)
  • The Watson Brothers (Watson Brothers #1-3)
  • Wolf Trap (Wolf Moons, #2)
  • British Bad Boys
Debbie Macomber is a #1 New York Times bestselling author and one of today’s most popular writers with more than 200 million copies of her books in print worldwide. In her novels, Macomber brings to life compelling relationships that embrace family and enduring friendships, uplifting her readers with stories of connection and hope. Macomber’s novels have spent over 1,000 weeks on the New York Time ...more
More about Debbie Macomber...

Orchard Valley (3 books)
  • Valerie (Orchard Valley, #1)
  • Stephanie (Orchard Valley, #2)
  • Norah (Orchard Valley, #3)