Start by marking “Spiritual Liberation: Fulfilling Your Soul's Potential” as Want to Read:
Spiritual Liberation: Fulfilling Your Soul's Potential

Spiritual Liberation: Fulfilling Your Soul's Potential

Michael Bernard Beckwith -- the dynamic spiritual leader who touched millions of readers and viewers in The Secret and through the spiritual community he founded, the Agape International Spiritual Center -- is now sharing his transforming central message and his powerfully accessible means for embodying that message in daily life, a process he calls "aspiring toward spirit ...more
Published November 11th 2008 by Atria Books/Beyond Words (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Spiritual Liberation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spiritual Liberation

Ozma
Dec 08, 2008 Ozma rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: free-copy
This is a good book. I think the middle 3rd suffers from a lack of real examples to illustrate the guidance given. But it's a very spiritual book and is great to read if you want to improve yourself. These are some of the gems I can quote from it: "With the courage of a spiritual warrior, I enter my spiritual adventure armed with trust, openness of mind and heart, and surrender."

I also like this one: "Make me patient when I worry. Make me calm where there is strife. Make me loving when my heart
Kate
Aug 20, 2011 Kate rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One jewel after another. Favorite parts:

When facing challenges in your life, ask yourself "What gift within me is seeking to emerge?"

"Anything from my past of a moment ago that would hinder [me] ... has returned to the nothingness from which it came. I do not have to coerce enlightenment to occur, I have only to welcome it..."

"As discursive thoughts arise that are no aligned with my intention, I calmly discard them without judgment. They have no power over me."

EVOLVED People:
* give thanks for wh
Erin
Feb 28, 2010 Erin rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have to admit I became acquainted with Beckwith first as a motivational speaker while watching a program on PBS called "The Answer is You". His delivery was a bit like listening to your typical evangelical preacher, but with the twist that his topic was a little broader--I mean, in what evangelical church are you going to hear a sermon titled "the answer is you" rather than the "answer is (God/Jesus/Salvation/Redemption,etc.)"?

I checked out this book as a way to gain a better sense of where B
Mozart
Aug 28, 2009 Mozart rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is worth your time. It is everything you expect: new age, religious science, positive thinking.. and all the other self-help mumbo jumbo,right?

Right... I think even more this book is calling us to our higher purpose, our communion with god/great mind/ and whatever is your spiritual tradition. Beckwith pontificates and his made up words can either be seen as obnoxious or humorous, but in the final analysis its not about him...

Its about spiritual practice. Time and time again, Beckwith
Richard Kirkwood
Michael Beckwith has become one of my favorite spiritual writers. Spiritual Liberation is mandatory for those seeking true freedom, inspiration (meaning powered by and for spirit) and healthy authentic spiritual growth. This book is Exceptional, especially during these times, because of its message. In addition,it speaks to us all, culminating so much more than worldly teachings in an easily informative & digestive way, presented with a voice of committed patience, love and the intention to ...more
Maura
Nov 09, 2010 Maura rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
(audio) Michael Beckwith is definitely a preacher - and a good preacher if you like that style. Thankfully, his message is far from traditional and he delivers it with enthusiasm and conviction. This is well worth the time spent if you have any interest in developing a deeper understanding of the life of the soul and what we are doing here on planet earth :)
Joseph Naus
Nov 27, 2014 Joseph Naus rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spiritual
It'll change your life if you let it.

I've had "Spiritual Liberation" since 2008. It's been sitting on my shelf smiling at me like the Cheshire Cat. The first time I picked it up, I didn't get it. I had the same experience with all of Ernest Holmes' books, and they are now as close to me as my own hands.

If you've ever seen MBB speak, then you've seen something. Whether you believe what he's saying or not, you know he's channeling something, and you know he sure as heck believes what he's saying.
Alan Araújo
Mar 14, 2017 Alan Araújo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book and Beckwith's message is simply amazing. Concise, powerful, to the point, down to Earth, non-materialistic. Yes he uses things from prior teachers (Ernest Holmes, Osho, Aurobindo, so forth), but I don't see that as a bad thing. His synthesis of all those teachings is unique. I particularly recommend the Audiobook narrated by Beckwith himself while driving in the car. He has blessed many of my morning commutes thus. Highly recommend this book for anyone in emotional/mental despair, tho ...more
Keshia
This book was mildly interesting. The book seemed disjointed from chapter to chapter. There is insight to be found especially if you are new to new age thought but no new revelations if you've read other authors like Marianne Williamson, Eckhart Tolle, etc.
Heather
Apr 21, 2012 Heather rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book. While some of it was a bit beyond for me ( as in a tiny bit wo wo) I really loved it. He talks a lot about meditation in this book as well and I am adding that to my daily habits!
I actually listened to as an audiobook, read by him he has a great voice so it was extra enjoyable
Noreen Auterio
May 23, 2009 Noreen Auterio rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love Rev. Michael. To know him is to Love him. Going to get his next work: True Abundance. HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Beth
Jun 11, 2009 Beth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh, you just can't get me to ever be critical of Reverend Michael. Ok, I'm biased since I attend Agape.
Missy
Dec 29, 2008 Missy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Get this- It is so deep, powerful, and meaningful I can't even talk about it.
Brian Johnson
Dec 07, 2008 Brian Johnson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: modern-classics
“My central message is not about religiosity or churchianity. It is about aspiring toward spiritual liberation, which I define as becoming free from the narrow confines of fear, doubt, worry, and lack, and living instead from a conscious awareness of one’s Authentic Self, one’s true nature of wholeness.

Spiritual liberation results from discovering and expressing the intrinsic qualities of enlightened consciousness that have been ours since the moment we came into existence. Simply put, all that
Christina Lynch
Jan 22, 2014 Christina Lynch rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A book that is a great addition to any spiritual library. I borrowed this from our church library but enjoyed it to such a point that I will buy it for my own collection. Michael drives home and provides specifics of how to become more authentically centered and live from your true self. It is a book that is worth highlighting in and flagging passages for easy reference and uplifting. An enjoyable read and spiritually insightful.
EMP
Jan 27, 2014 EMP rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2.5 stars. Listened to this one. Read by the author and he has a nice, soothing voice. There were parts that I really enjoyed, but I find Beckwith to be a bit verbose and he sometimes takes a roundabout way to make a point. I had to fast forward through some of the affirmations at the end of chapters. They just went on and on and I found myself tuning out. I don't *think* I have ADD, but that's how I felt sometimes listening to this. :-)
Adriana
Feb 02, 2015 Adriana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Adriana by: adriannaa@gmail.com
At the time I first read this book I was not prepared for it's teachings. I found myself putting it down over and over again until it ended up on my shelf. Something told me not to give it away. It took me two years before I opened the book up again. And I have to tell you. It spoke to me. I couldn't put it down.
Sanna
May 13, 2009 Sanna is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Beckwith's style makes reading things you already know so easy and welcome. He makes up these words, like blissapline for discipline, and it captures the concept in a unique way. He brings a fresh perspective to the subject.
Olivia Christel
Oct 15, 2010 Olivia Christel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Every page contains pearls of wisdom to transform your life. I'm enjoying this even more by sharing it with a book study group. The group synergy makes it truly a spiritually liberating process. A must read!
Lara
Apr 04, 2009 Lara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Powerful...I felt a major shift in my consciousness just reading it. I will read it again. I also enjoyed his DVD.
Rev. Michael is an awesome being of light. I am so grateful to be learning from him.
Kathleen Perkins
I love Michael Beckwith and all that he stands for. I enjoyed this book, but found that so much of it was "recycled" from other books/New Thought
principles, so was a little disappointed and must confess to not reading it page-by-page, but rather skimmed it.
Faythe Swanson
I'm a fan of Michael Bernard Beckwith's &, of course, had to read this book. The title itself attracted me! I love how each chapter ended w/affirmations. An inspiring read!
Lisa
Jan 26, 2014 Lisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Many good quotes and affirmations. "I am divinely supported, and all things work together for my good" is one of my favorites from this book.
Lynn
Jul 04, 2009 Lynn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pick up and read once then once again. Good Read.
Jason
Nov 17, 2009 Jason rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
the most inspiring, helpful, and approachable perspective i have encountered on the subject of enlightenment, absolutely empowering, and friendly
William Shank
Mar 02, 2015 William Shank rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rev. Michael is truly something special. His contemporary style is perfect for the New Thought/Ageless Wisdom movement. Great read for those looking for the next level of enlightenment.
Lyght Jones
Some great profound thoughts but not as good as I'd expect from Beckwith
Letitia
First audio book of 2014. It had some good concepts, however it was real new age California style. So that made it hard for this Georgia Girl to listen to and catch many of the concepts.
Judie
Sep 27, 2010 Judie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Just getting started on this for our fall book group at church
Ro
Mar 02, 2010 Ro rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love, love love this book. Highly recommend if you are on a spiritual path.
  • Spiritual Economics: The Principles and Process of True Prosperity
  • The Science of Mind
  • Power of the Soul: Inside Wisdom for an Outside World
  • Manifesting Change: It Couldn't Be Easier
  • The Power of Decision
  • Spiritual Partnership: The Journey to Authentic Power
  • Heaven and Earth: Making the Psychic Connection
  • The Vortex: Where the Law of Attraction Assembles All Cooperative Relationships
  • Thresholds of the Mind
  • The Third Jesus: The Christ We Cannot Ignore
  • Religions
  • Your Sacred Self: Making the Decision to be Free
  • Rants To Revelations: Unabashedly Honest Reflections on Life, Spirituality, and the Meaning of God
  • Happier Than God: Turn Ordinary Life into an Extraordinary Experience
  • The Four Spiritual Laws of Prosperity: A Simple Guide to Unlimited Abundance
  • Everyday Enlightenment: The Twelve Gateways to Personal Growth
  • The Mandala of Being: Discovering the Power of Awareness
  • The Dynamic Laws of Prosperity

“I know that within you there is an energy of forgiveness that forgives me and sets me free. My words and actions have no power over you. You are free and I am free. All is well between our spirits. Peace is the order of the day.” 2 likes
“I forgive you and set you free. Your actions no longer have power over me. I acknowledge that you are doing the best that you can, and I honor you in your process of unfoldment. You are free and I am free. All is well between us. Peace is the order of the day.” 0 likes