Start by marking “War Stories: Internet Referenced (True Adventure Stories)” as Want to Read:
War Stories: Internet Referenced (True Adventure Stories)

War Stories: Internet Referenced (True Adventure Stories)

4.22  ·  Rating details ·  37 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Thrilling adventures stories, based on actual life events. War stories will make you feel as if you were actually there. This book is ideal for reluctant readers, as well as adults.
Published December 1st 2006 by Usborne Books (first published January 1st 1900)

Dawn Roberts
Love Usborne! This book is so well written and edited. We loved reading aloud several famous and not-so-famous stories from the two World Wars. My history buff 8yo, who watches the Military Channel and History Channel was able to fill in lots of the missing details for mom. Especially liked the chapter on the sinking of the Bismarck, and the stories of women spies.
Chandler
Jan 31, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I like this book because it talks abouts wars that happend like as if the person writing this book was in the war right then. This book is good for kids that like reading about history. This book starts off with telling you about World War 1 and World War 2. I liked this book because I learned about wars and history I have never really learned about before. It took me a week to read this book.
Amber Spencer
May 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hard to read, but a great book for remembering some remarkable men and women who gave all they had for what they believed was right and good. True heroes.
Javier A.
May 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I learned about major battles that i had no knowledge about whatsoever. My favorite story that i read was about the Operation Valkyrie and The last and final voyage of the bismarck. The Bismarck I had never known about it because i liked to learn about the land battles. That story opened up my mind to the atlantic battles.
Denyse Taylor
Oct 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great book on war for young people to read. You can just about imagine you are there. Last chapter was horrible when atomic bombs dropped on Japan.
Usborne books are so good.
Theo
Sep 03, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this was a pretty moving book. almost all war stories are. it is sad to hear of men losing their buddies to shrapnel and bullets. I recommend for the strong willed.
Rachel
Had to read for 3Rs II class. I love war stories. It had stories about a lot of amazing courageous people. Claus von Stauffenburg is now my hero.
greg smith
rated it it was ok
Jul 24, 2016
Paul
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is about specific stories from the 2 world wars. I gave this book 5 stars because it tells you true stories in an interesting way. This book also teaches you about the wars and what happened after.
Kyle