Start by marking “The Hidden Heart (Aincourt's Hearts, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Hidden Heart (Aincourt's Hearts, #2)

The Hidden Heart (Aincourt's Hearts #2)

3.9  ·  Rating details ·  816 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
With his life in ruins, Richard, Duke of Cleybourne, returned to his country estate to deal with the tragic loss he had suffered four years earlier. His plans, however, were interrupted by the arrival of Miss Jessica Maitland. The feisty, flame-haired governess had come to present her charge, Gabriella, as his new ward.

As if their unwelcome presence weren't bad enough, Jes
Published January 1st 2006 by Harlequin Books (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The Hidden Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Hidden Heart

Ivana Azap Feješ
May 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Richard is on his way to kill himself, he can't live with the death of his wife and child four years ago anymore. That is until Jessica mainland and his ward dhow up at his doorstep out of the blue. Even though I liked Richard in the beginning, him telling his story revealed so much more of his good personality that I liked him that much more. Richard and Jessica are adorable together. Oh, my the Duke of Cleybourne must catch a killer and romance shouldn't get in the way. I found it hard to put ...more
Preeti ♥︎ (Romance She Reads)
After the first book, I was hooked to this family and their star crossed love lives.
But the second book was a bit of a disappointment as much as I liked both the mcs and their chemistry. The H deserved happiness and the h was just the person to bring love and life back to him.

But the problem was the veering off to the additional subplots - almost as if the author needed fillers to give volume to the book. So we are served a suspense and an investigative endeavour worthy of Miss Marple!

And I fee
Maria_Love_For_Books
Jan 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable read, nicely written plot with a hint of mystery, with very likeable main characters and some unlikeable villains (as it should be!). Its obvious for me that Candace Camp is an author that I like very much to read!
Adriana Fogaça
Jul 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Trilogia dos Aincourt Livro 02.
O Castelo das Sombras.
Candace Camp
H.R.R. Histórico 10
2011

Este segundo livro e tão ou mais fascinante que o primeiro. Acontecem tantas coisas, que se você não estiver atento perde algum detalhe, pois a estória e tão movimentada, com tantas reviravoltas.

Com certeza é uma maravilhosa obra que pertence à categoria ″Romances Históricos″ (Devo deixar claro, que tenho, digamos, certo pavor de romances históricos)

O que me fascina nesta trama é que não se perdem tempo em d
P.
Jul 16, 2016 rated it it was ok
The beginning of HH is intriguing. The middle generally OK, despite the cliched 'strangers marooned by a snowstorm' shtick, although this time it was in a castle. Unfortunately, when the never-ending ending finally arrives you can see, and hear, the gears grind as the hero and his heroine figure out what really happened and why!! Even the interesting beginning can't make up for it.
Paula
Dec 21, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5
Deste livro confesso que esperava mais mas é um romance muito bonito.
Danielle
May 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I reread it, and love it every time
Cally
Mar 03, 2017 rated it it was ok
I enjoyed the story and the characters, however the love angle fell a little short for me, I skipped most of their moments together, just skimming.

My BIG PROBLEM with this book however is the fact that (view spoiler) I would
Kit
Mar 21, 2009 rated it liked it
The story was compelling with great potential but the mystery seemed to drag a little bit...With his life in ruins, Richard Duke of Cleybourne, returned to his country estate to deal with the tragic loss he had suffered four years earlier. His plans, however, were interrupted by the arrival of Miss Jessica Maitland. The feisty, flame-haired governess had come to present her charge, Gabriella, as his new ward.

Until love exposed much more to the story.

As if their unwelcome presence weren't bad e
CriCra CriCra
Jun 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: prestito
II° Libro - Cuore Ferito

Questo secondo capitolo è stato ancora più gradevole. La storia d'amore alla fine si concentra su due splendidi personaggi - Jessica, una stupenda, forte e audace governante che ha visto nella sua vita cosa significa lottare contro le ingiustizie della vita, un lontano scandalo che ha colpito il defunto padre, la fanno combattere, facendola diventare una donna forte e tenace, che non si fa intimorire da niente e nessuno, neanche dall'affascinante Duca di Cleyborne, uomo c
Eva
Oct 24, 2016 rated it did not like it
I would have given the book higher stars, like at least a two or a three, but the inconsistencies were actually sooo annoying. Ruined the book thoroughly for me!

There was one scene, where the character did not have a change of dress and at the beginning the author wrote:

"...Jessica hastily buttoning up the front of her dress."

And then a couple pages later, during which the character DID not change out of her clothes, in fact the circumstances being that she was completely clothed and occupied
Lauren
May 05, 2014 rated it really liked it

I sure love a good murder mystery and the kindling governess to duke romance was lovely as well. Even though I liked Richard in the beginning, him telling his story revealed so much more of his good personality that I liked him that much more.
Thedarkerhalf
Dec 04, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet Story

This is book two in the series and pretty much what you'd expect. Fun characters with a fast paced plot. A little intrigue a little romance. All in all a good poolside read for a weekend.
Rachel Rogers
Jul 29, 2009 rated it liked it
Nothing terribly specific about this one. The villain was not who I expected. I simply liked the characters and the way they interacted. The story didn't feel 100% recycled the way many of them do, even though it touched on many of the same issues. Will read more of this author.
Taryn
Nov 17, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-books, romance
Another excellent Candace Camp novel.
I had been waiting to read this for a long time because I had already read book 3. I am glad I went back and read book 2. Richard and Jessica are adorable together
Sylvia
Sep 25, 2009 rated it liked it
Regency
Frances
Apr 10, 2013 rated it liked it
Not a great series, but all books are 3 stars so far.
Wanda
Oct 21, 2010 rated it liked it
The love story just didn't quite come together for me. It was okay, at best.
Kaye
Nov 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, read_in_2014
An absolutely charming romance couched in the environment of a Miss Marple type mystery.
Ermione Pickwick
Jul 20, 2016 rated it liked it

3.5
Seema
Well written, some mystery, liked the romance
Sharon Sherman
May 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Oh, my the Duke of Cleybourne must catch a killer and romance shouldn't get in the way. I found it hard to put down.
Karen G.
Nov 18, 2012
Anya
rated it it was ok
May 24, 2013
  • By Love Undone (Bancroft Brothers, #1)
  • The Pursuit of Marriage (Effingtons, #8)
  • The Duke in Disguise (Willow Pond, #2)
  • Her Secret Affair
  • The Bachelor Trap (Trap, #2)
  • Merely Married
  • The Duke's Cinderella Bride (The Notorious St Claires, #1)
  • One Little Sin (MacLachlan Family, #2)
  • Let Sleeping Rogues Lie (School for Heiresses, #4)
  • The Perfect Stranger (The Merridew Sisters, #3)
  • The Charmer (Liar's Club #4)
Candace Camp is the New York Times bestselling author of over sixty books.

Her first novel, *Bonds of Love*, was published by Jove Publishing in 1978, under the pseudonym Lisa Gregory. Two pseudonyms (Kristin James and Sharon Stephens)and many books later, Candace writes under her own name Candace Camp and still loves creating stories.

Candace lives in Austin, Texas, with her husband and is the mot
More about Candace Camp...

Aincourt's Hearts (3 books)
  • So Wild A Heart (Aincourt's Hearts, #1)
  • Secrets Of The Heart (Aincourt's Hearts, #3)