Start by marking “The Book Of Adam: Autobiography Of The First Human Clone” as Want to Read:
The Book Of Adam: Autobiography Of The First Human Clone

The Book Of Adam: Autobiography Of The First Human Clone

2010 Literary Award Finalist - Santa Fe Writers Project: Adam's intimate memoir draws us into a world in which it becomes common to have your genetic twin born after your death. We see this world through the first clone's unique perspective - the bigotry he faces as a youth, haunting dreams of the man from whom he was cloned, and Adam's inner search for his soul. It's a ...more
Published February 22nd 2010 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published December 30th 2009)

Start your review of The Book Of Adam: Autobiography Of The First Human Clone
R
Mar 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I thought this was an excellent book written very well. I sat up until 0600 reading it on the night that I finished it because the last half of the book was fascinating!
Jayesh Shah
Jan 25, 2019 rated it liked it
The book of Adam written by Robert Hopper is an interesting take on the science of cloning. The author predicts that cloning of humans, brain transplants, enhanced intelligence or muscle strength and many such technologies will be available in new future.

The concept of a story about clones is fine but it becomes entangled in a highly dysfunctional family. Everyone is practically is suspicion of everyone else. They are out to molest and kill one another. It appears that they want to remain alive
Jan Strnad
Aug 13, 2010 rated it it was ok
The premise of The Book of Adam is intriguing, the idea of achieving immortality through cloning. After fourteen chapters, though, I wasn't much interested in Adam (or Adam-2 as he's also known), the first human clone, and decided to move on to something else.

The good stuff happens early as Hopper describes the initial reaction to the news that a human has been cloned. Instead of building from this point, though, the narrative bogs down in a conventional adolescent drama that is too
Marsha
Jul 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
The Book Of Adam by Robert M. Hopper is a really well written fictional autobiography. It takes place in the not too distant future, and covers the lives surrounding Adam-2. Structurally, it is sound and covered all the bases, answered all the questions. An autobiography, by its nature, eliminates the suspense. In this instance, the story line is solid, and shocking in its tragedy. Ultimately, this book just seemed long. I feel like I have all the details and all the stories straight, it just ...more
Miriam
Jun 26, 2012 rated it liked it
I finally finished this book. I had to make myself. The book was well written and I can see where some would like it that is why I gave it three stars. I was very disappointed with the main character and the fact that neither he nor the other characters in the book grew or developed. They were locked into their clone parents personalities and did not move past that.

I have to say the story was interesting but I did not like the book.
Maria
Aug 18, 2011 rated it liked it
I really enjoyed it until the last half of the book. I couldn't keep tracked of the story line of the multiple clones. The story just went on and on...was thankful when it wad over! It was well written with plenty of description and imagination. It was a great story but the author could have wrapped it up pages earlier in my opinion.
Michael
Dec 29, 2012 rated it it was ok
OK this book was a mess. I give two stars as the concept started off well taking a look at the life of the first clone and impact upon society. That was about the first third of the book, and then................Wow a tangled mess of a melodrama that reads like a bad day time soap that should have been canceled two seasons earlier.
R.L.
Aug 07, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a really good book. It successfully maintains a balance of melancholy and humor throughout. It's suspenseful. It has characters that you care about. It deserves to be more widely read. My congratulations to the author!
Tonia Parker
This book was very good, but heartbreaking. It reminded me a lot of some of Stephen King's best work. The characters are well developed and you find yourself caring what happens to them. It also does a good job of building and sustaining suspense. It is hard to put down!
Jessica Boardman
This book caught my interest right away. Not the best writing but it was definitely an interesting story.
Haley Rogers
Mar 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
excellent
Danielle
Apr 12, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: autobiography
This was 848 pages on Nook glad that I borrowed this book.
Leslie
Jan 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone to read
This book was a well written fiction autobiography of what it might be like to be the first human clone!! Great read!!
Becky
Dec 08, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: could-not-finish
Lost interest quickly and could not finish this book.
Kate Stark
Mar 20, 2017
Cathy
Oct 19, 2019
Bethany Brown
rated it did not like it
Jan 02, 2015
Travis Brody
Sep 05, 2013
Shawn
Feb 03, 2013

• Bird Box (Bird Box, #1)
  • Cooking from Scratch: 120 Recipes for Colorful, Seasonal Food from PCC Community Markets
  • Rachael Ray 365: No Repeats: A Year of Deliciously Different Dinners
  • Joyland
  • Frankenstein
  • The Chalk Man
  • Thirteen Reasons Why
Robert M. Hopper grew up in San Diego, but has lived throughout California as well as NYC and Prescott, Arizona. He is the founder of National Youth Theatre of America (nationalyouththeatre.com) and National Arts Digest (artsdig.com). Rob earned his BA in History from SDSU and has worked as a small-town newspaper publisher, theatre reviewer, technical writer, and bookstore clerk. This is his debut ...more