Start by marking “Secrets of the Millionaire Mind: Mastering the Inner Game of Wealth” as Want to Read:
Secrets of the Millionaire Mind: Mastering the Inner Game of Wealth

Secrets of the Millionaire Mind: Mastering the Inner Game of Wealth

4.19  ·  Rating details ·  49,001 ratings  ·  1,850 reviews
Secrets of the Millionaire Mind reveals the missing link between wanting success and achieving it!

Have you ever wondered why some people seem to get rich easily, while others are destined for a life of financial struggle? Is the difference found in their education, intelligence, skills, timing, work habits, contacts, luck, or their choice of jobs, businesses, or investment
Hardcover, First Edition, 212 pages
Published February 15th 2005 by Harper Collins Business

To ask other readers questions about Secrets of the Millionaire Mind, please sign up.
Amir Tesla It's simply being able to perceive and truly understand the feelings and emotions of others.…moreIt's simply being able to perceive and truly understand the feelings and emotions of others.(less)
Harshdeep As per book it's our unconscious bias which, in most cases, drives our thinking which leads to action and then outcome.…moreAs per book it's our unconscious bias which, in most cases, drives our thinking which leads to action and then outcome.(less)

·  49,001 ratings  ·  1,850 reviews

Start your review of Secrets of the Millionaire Mind: Mastering the Inner Game of Wealth
Chad Warner
May 05, 2012 rated it it was ok
Recommended to Chad by: The Wealthy Freelancer
Shelves: finance, non-fiction
This short (3 hours in audio) book is about developing the mindset required to become rich. The author defends the wealthy lifestyle, then provides motivation and action steps to become rich yourself. There’s nothing novel; the advice is common to financial self-help books: take responsibility for your life, have an abundance mindset, set high goals, own your own business, specialize, serve others, and earn passively.

The author focuses on monetary riches, not general wealth or happiness, which o
Tiffany
Dec 28, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
I seriously loved this book. If you liked "Think and Grow Rich" or "Rich Dad, Poor Dad", you probably will too.

Let's get past what might bother some people:
-there's a good bit of promotion for Eker's seminars.
-there is a very black and white view of people (rich and poor). To be fair, though, Eker points out this himself, explains that he is using it as an illustrating tool, and (some people miss this) tries to help the reader understand that he is not talking about rich/poor people but rich-poo
Donald
Dec 26, 2007 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2007
If I hear "Touch your head and say 'I have a millionaire mind'" one more time...
Mohamed Tohami
Dec 28, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: wealth-creation
Great book full of practical ideas. The best part I liked is the Money Management System. What i didn't like is the excessive referring to The Millionaire Mind Intensive Seminar. The author refers people to it too many times throughout the book.

Here's what I learned from this book:

- Your income can grow only to the extent that you do.

- The Law of Income: You will be paid in direct proportion to the value you deliver according to the marketplace.

- It’s time to stop hiding out and start stepping o
Jeroen De Dauw
Jan 09, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: non-fiction, business
After the first few chapters I was very surprised. This is not what I was expecting from a book with a 4.15 rating on Goodreads. Starting with chapter 2 I listened to the book at 170% speed. If I had been reading it rather than listening, I likely would have put the book onto the "never-finished" pile.

Things I did not like in this book:

* The information density is low
** A huge amount of time is spend explaining on why you should care about the books contents. I hate it when books do this. I am a
Wellington
Jan 28, 2008 rated it it was amazing
It’s all mental!! Some of the biggest differences between us are the way we approach life. This book fell in my lap during a time when I’m on the brink of a tremendous financial opportunity. Instead of walking in like a dog begging for dinner, this book got me thinking of the potential in me – the potential in all of us.

The book is built around 17 points (do you see yourself in any of them?):

1. Rich people believe "I create my life." Poor people believe, "Life happens to me."
2. Rich people play
Owen
May 19, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: library
Yes, I really did read it, the whole damn thing. I'm in a business coaching group and one of the other members was raving about it, so I figured it was worth a try.

It starts out with a very interesting perspective, looking at how our thought and behavior patterns around money are formed by our childhood experiences, particularly seeing what our parents did (which we later either replicate or rebel against). That gave me something to think about: my parents both grew up at the tail end of the dep
Greg
Jul 21, 2013 rated it did not like it
This book sucks. It's a long commercial for Eker's seminars and network marketing businesses. I read a lot of this kind of make-a-million book, and I'm not cynical, so trust me.

Eker relates 19 differences in thinking between rich and poor people. But there's a certain type of rich person who.got most of his money by making promises to starry-eyed people, and Eker is one of them. He mixes practical though vague and tired wisdom with neurolinguistic and mystical crappola.

You can have a better vers
Matt Evans
Jul 09, 2008 rated it liked it
"Who The Heck is T. Harv Eker and Why Should I Read This Book?" is the title of the first chapter. I won't give away the secret, but I'll tell you this much: T.H. Eker is worth millions. That's why you should read this book.

The book is divided into two parts: 1) Your Money Blueprint and 2) The Wealth Files: Seventeen Ways Rick People Think AND Act Differently From Poor and Middle-Class People. We'll skip Part One and go straight to Part Two.

These Seventeen Maxims for Wealth comprise roughly 130
Cristian
Mar 12, 2018 rated it did not like it
I laughed so much reading this book.
This is more like a bible book which you should read once a month and spread the word of Eker to 100 of your friends.
Also there isn't a single practical financial advice that anyone could use from it.
Every now and then there are some lame testimonials of people who attended this guy's seminaries and dramatically changed their lives. The book is mostly an attempt of brainwashing it's readers into going to the seminaries which are mentioned a LOT.
Don't read this
Leah
Sep 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Second Review:
This is a book that I need to read every year to ensure my mind is in the right place and has the right perspective on things. It's like a health check lol.. I love this book so much.

Notes:
- if you're not doing as well as you'd like, all that means is that there's something you don't know
- rich people keep their commitments
- in many ways, my mind is the obstacle to success. I choose not to entertain thoughts that did not empower me toward my vision of wealth
- it's not enough to be
Jason Navallo
Nov 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Good read for anyone who wants to become successful. I read it in a couple of days on the train. I learned quite a few things, but I wish there were more examples in the book, and a little more information about the author's career. ...more
Sergiu Floroaia
Jun 25, 2020 rated it it was ok
A lot of law of attraction bullsh*t. Some cliché tips. A few quotes for your Instagram photo on a yacht.
Nita
May 03, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: nonfiction
If you hated "Think and Grow Rich" or "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" as did I, you'll probably hate this one too. Like the title implies, it's a self-help book attempting to teach you how to create a millionaire mind through positive thinking with which to attract wealth to your life. It smacks of "The Secret," another book I detested. The book has such an "us" and "them" attitude that I couldn't really get into it. It's probably filled with wonderful stuff as many other reviewers believe, but it's not th ...more
Loren
Mar 07, 2009 rated it it was ok
Shelves: money
I have yet to read a financial book by a wealthy person that was well written. Though I don't suppose anyone's reading these for their literary value. Here's a little nugget: "Place your hand on your heart and say...'I commit to being rich.' Touch your head and say...'I have a millionaire mind!'" Barf. Those looking for practical financial information should seek it elsewhere. ...more
J. Wootton
Dec 04, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: job, caveat-lector
Three stars because my expectations were so low going into it.

As is obvious from the cover, the content of this book is wrapped up in a whole lot of power-of-positive-thinking, the-universe-is-on-your-side, pseudo-mystical nonsense. The ratio of mildly-toxic fluff to actual content approaches 1:1. (I can only imagine what Ecker's live seminars must be like). Don't give this book to anyone susceptible to such ideas.

That said, the actual content is surprisingly good. Ecker's basic idea is that a p
Brianna
Jun 28, 2017 rated it did not like it
Wow! I can't believe I made it through this book. The only thing that got me through was the fact it was an audio book and I could do other worthwhile activities while consuming this BS.

I'll give it one star for its few decent quotes, but otherwise, I strongly recommend you put this book back on the shelf you picked it up from and go in another direction.

This book is based in the classic, self help, 'harness-the-power-of-the-universe-and-put-forth-your-intentions-and-all-shall-be-yours' hokey
Reid
Apr 09, 2009 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: I wouldn't recommend this book
Recommended to Reid by: a brother
Shelves: money-management
The author's premise is that each of us has a financial blueprint that determines how much wealth we acquire and keep. (who makes this stuff up?)
His premise is that a person can increase one's 'blueprint' if one thinks and acts like a wealthy person.

The second part of the book is the explanation of the 17 most important differences in the way a rich person thinks compared to the way a poor person thinks.

There is just enough truth in this book to make it believable and appealing to some folks. Th
HANNA URIBE
Jan 28, 2018 rated it did not like it
It's a very bad book, it seemed sexist and misogynistic. One of its references is Donald Trump ... no comments. ...more
Sander Vanhove
Jan 18, 2021 rated it it was ok
I mean, there is some value in this book. But it is so bloated.

Half of the time the author is promoting his Millionaire Mind Seminar and one of the actions you should take is to attend it. It feels like the book is just a "warmer up" to the seminar.

Two times in the book the author recommends network marketing. The majority (if not all) of these practices are blatend essential oil scams. MLM is the worst way to get any money and will just cost you both money and friends.

Please take this book with
Jay
May 24, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook, business
This starts off with some promise – suggesting your mental attitude toward money was set at an early age based on your parents/care givers. The author suggests that thinking about your relationship with money through this lens will allow you to see any harm being done and to modify your thoughts. (Shades of “Rich Dad Poor Dad”) And then he goes into affirmation mode – suggesting at the end of every chapter to repeat some money mantra and to “touch your head with your index finger”. All I can pic ...more
Victor Da Luz
Sep 27, 2019 rated it did not like it
I'm really confused as to why this has such a high rating here.

Get a few generic pieces of positive mindset advice, add a whole lot of ridiculous magical thinking and a blatant disregard for the role that privilege and institutional issues have in the potential for people to achieve wealth. Oh and don't forget to make sure that you tell people that if it doesn't work, it's their own fault.

I almost stopped reading and asked for a refund when he called Trump a "self made millionaire", but gave it
Holly
Oct 28, 2012 rated it it was ok
This book has some key points when comparing rich people versus poor people. It's a good book to get you thinking about where you want to be in the future and is a great motivator. Personally, I had never heard of the author and it appears he makes most of his money through his seminars. Most of the time, such seminars are run by crooks in my opinion. I have also found a lot of the information contained in this book can be found in other books just like it. If you have read a lot of those books, ...more
Jay
Oct 22, 2009 rated it really liked it
Secrets of the Millionaire Mind - Being true to your mission

This is from the book - Secrets of the Millionaire Mind.

"Your life is not just about you. It's also about contributing to others. It's about living true to your mission and reason for being here on this earth at this time. It's about adding your piece of the puzzle to the world. Most people are so stuck to their egos that everything revolves around me, me, and more me. But if you want to be rich in the truest sense of the word, it can't
Zara Steen
May 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book offers a wealth of knowledge, and knowledge is power. It was eye opening, accessible and smart. I appreciate the way each section is written as Eker challenges your perspectives to be more conducive to personal growth. I highly recommend it for those open to discovering more about themselves. It is for people who are tired of suffering the same with little to no results and want to change their thoughts and their relationship with wealth. This book isn't just about reading and learning ...more
Jenna Regis
Jan 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I've read this book 3 times now, and each time I get something new out of it. Teaches you to expand your mind, how to think like a highly successful person, teaches you to eliminate previous ways of thinking and expand your horizons. Truly motivating. ...more
Ozben Micoogullari
Mostly bullshit
Nikos Korexenidis
Dec 06, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: wealth
Motivational nonesence from a guy that the only business that he can do is to to sell seminars about how to make a business .
Brian Johnson
Nov 16, 2008 rated it it was amazing
“It all comes down to this: if your subconscious ‘financial blueprint’ is not ‘set’ for success, nothing you learn, nothing you know, and nothing you do will make much of a difference.”

“Believe that you are the one who creates your success, that you are the one who creates your mediocrity, and that you are the one creating your struggle around money and success.”

~ T. Harv Eker from Secrets of the Millionaire Mind

How’s your financial blueprint?

Don’t worry, I didn’t know either until I read T. H
Victoria
May 25, 2021 rated it it was amazing
I was forced to read this book for a business class and immediately my inner cynic thought, "OK, another self-help book written by a rich guy." WRONG. Now, I share this book with everyone. Everyone should read it.

Replace the words 'wealthy' and 'poor' with 'successful' and 'unsuccessful' when reading this, especially if you find the wealth discourse gimmicky or off-putting. This book is truly a great tool to help you tap into your inner strengths and weaknesses, explore WHY you think the way yo
Tevida Testosterone Booster (CANADA 2019) 1 3 Sep 21, 2019 02:39AM

• Rich Dad's Cashflow Quadrant: Rich Dad's Guide to Financial Freedom
  • The Magic of Thinking Big
  • Why We Want You To Be Rich: Two Men, One Message
  • The Power of Positive Thinking
  • Véndele a la mente, no a la gente
  • Awaken the Giant Within: How to Take Immediate Control of Your Mental, Emotional, Physical and Financial Destiny!
  • How to Win Friends and Influence People
  • The Greatest Salesman in the World
  • Do mil ao milhão: Sem cortar o cafézinho
  • Unlimited Power: The New Science Of Personal Achievement
  • The Success Principles: How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be
  • The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change
See top shelves…
T. Harv Eker is an author, businessman and motivational speaker known for his theories on wealth and motivation. He is the author of the book Secrets of the Millionaire Mind published by HarperCollins.

News & Interviews

“Wealth File
1. Rich people believe "I create my life." Poor people believe "Life happens to me."
2. Rich people play the money game to win. Poor people play the money game to not lose.
3. Rich people are committed to being rich. Poor people want to be rich.
4. Rich people think big. Poor people think small.
5. Rich people focus on opportunities. Poor people focus on obstacles.
6. Rich people admire other rich and successful people. Poor people resent rich and successful people.
7. Rich people associate with positive, successful people. Poor people associate with negative or unsuccessful people.
8. Rich people are willing to promote themselves and their value. Poor people think negatively about selling and promotion.
9. Rich people are bigger than their problems. Poor people are smaller than their problems.
10. Rich people are excellent receivers. Poor people are poor receivers.
11. Rich people choose to get paid based on results. Poor people choose to get paid based on time.
12. Rich people think "both". Poor people think "either/or".
13. Rich people focus on their net worth. Poor people focus on their working income.
14. Rich people manage their money well. Poor people mismanage their money well.
15. Rich people have their money work hard for them. Poor people work hard for their money.
16. Rich people act in spite of fear. Poor people let fear stop them.
17. Rich people constantly learn and grow. Poor people think they already know.”
195 likes
“If you want to change the fruits, you will first have to change the roots. If you want to change the visible, you must first change the invisible.” 151 likes