Goodreads helps you keep track of books you want to read.
Start by marking “Secrets of the Millionaire Mind: Mastering the Inner Game of Wealth” as Want to Read:
Secrets of the Millionaire Mind: Mastering the Inner Game of Wealth
Enlarge cover
Rate this book
Clear rating
Open Preview

Secrets of the Millionaire Mind: Mastering the Inner Game of Wealth

4.17  ·  Rating details ·  33,866 ratings  ·  1,054 reviews
Secrets of the Millionaire Mind reveals the missing link between wanting success and achieving it!

Have you ever wondered why some people seem to get rich easily, while others are destined for a life of financial struggle? Is the difference found in their education, intelligence, skills, timing, work habits, contacts, luck, or their choice of jobs, businesses, or investment
...more
Hardcover, First Edition, 212 pages
Published February 15th 2005 by Harper Collins Business
More Details... edit details

Friend Reviews

To see what your friends thought of this book, please sign up.

Reader Q&A

To ask other readers questions about Secrets of the Millionaire Mind, please sign up.
Popular Answered Questions
Amir Tesla It's simply being able to perceive and truly understand the feelings and emotions of others.
Harshdeep As per book it's our unconscious bias which, in most cases, drives our thinking which leads to action and then outcome.

Community Reviews

Showing 1-30
Rating details
Sort: Default
|
Filter
Chad Warner
May 05, 2012 rated it it was ok
Recommended to Chad by: The Wealthy Freelancer
This short (3-hours in audio) book is about developing the mindset required to become rich. The author defends the wealthy lifestyle, then provides motivation and action steps to become rich yourself. There’s nothing novel; the advice is common to financial self-help books: take responsibility for your life, have an abundance mindset, set high goals, own your own business, specialize, serve others, and earn passively.

The author focuses on monetary riches, not general wealth or happiness, which o
...more
Tiffany
Dec 28, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
I seriously loved this book. If you liked "Think and Grow Rich" or "Rich Dad, Poor Dad", you probably will too.

Let's get past what might bother some people:
-there's a good bit of promotion for Eker's seminars.
-there is a very black and white view of people (rich and poor). To be fair, though, Eker points out this himself, explains that he is using it as an illustrating tool, and (some people miss this) tries to help the reader understand that he is not talking about rich/poor people but rich-poo
...more
Mohammed Alsaleh
هذا اليوم .. أنا حزين !

نعم .. هناك حالة من الحزن تعتريك حينما تهم بنهاية كتب تحبه ..

هذا الكتاب .. كتبت اختصارات عنه ستخرج في شكل مقالة سأنشرها في المدونة بمشيئة الله تعالى ..
كتاب ثري بالأفكار بالأساليب المباشرة لبرمجة العقل بطرق تقنعك بأقصر طريق ..

هارف ايكر .. شخص مباشر .. لا يستخدم أسلوب ملتو طويل لإيصال معنى يريده في ذهنك .. يواصل إيصال الأفكار تباعاً .. يقنعك أن النجاح يمكنك أن تتدرب عليه .. مثله مثل كرة القدم والبيسبول .. يوصل إلى عقلك أن النجاح هو عبارة عن بداية في فشل كبير جداً .. ومع المث
...more
Mohamed Tohami
Dec 28, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: wealth-creation
Great book full of practical ideas. The best part I liked is the Money Management System. What i didn't like is the excessive referring to The Millionaire Mind Intensive Seminar. The author refers people to it too many times throughout the book.

Here's what I learned from this book:

- Your income can grow only to the extent that you do.

- The Law of Income: You will be paid in direct proportion to the value you deliver according to the marketplace.

- It’s time to stop hiding out and start stepping o
...more
Hussain Hamadi
Jun 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
مراجعة كتاب "أسرار عقل المليونير"📗
.
اسم الكتاب: أسرار عقل المليونير
اسم الكاتب: ت.هارف إيكر
عدد صفحات الكتاب : 226 صفحة
نوع الكتاب : تنمية ذاتية / تطوير / تحفيز
.
.
📌 ملخص الكتاب:-
عاش حياته الاولى في فقر شديد وكان المال ينفر منه ولا يصل اليه الاشحيحا .. والده كان بخيلا عليه ولكن عزمه واصراره دفع به للمحاولة والمواصلة .. نجح في دراسته وحقق نشاطات تجارية جيدة ولكن الأرباح لم تكن دائمة وهو ما جعله يسعى لفهم المال اكثر حتى يتكاثر لديه وينمّو فكيف حقق ذلك؟؟!

“الكتاب ينقسم إلى ثلاثة أقسام وهم :
. تعريف ح
...more
Alaa Abuitiewi
Aug 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
الحكمة الأساسية التي اصطدمت بها في هذا الكتاب تقول" لا تأخذ دروس الثراء من المدرسين، بل تعلم ممن أصبح ثرياً" .
هذا الكتاب من أروع الكتب التي قد تعيد صياغة منظورك للنجاح بشكل عام وللمال بشكل خاص .

يقوم الكاتب بإعطائك جرعات من الأفكار والمعتقدات الإيجابية ولذلك لإيمانه أن" الأشياء تنجذب إلى ما يشبهها" ، فإذا كانت معتقداتك إيجابية سيكون سلوكك إيجابياً، وستحصل على نتائج إيجابية.

يثبت الكاتب أن البرمجة السابقة لعقل الإنسان هي المتحكم الأساسي في تصرفاته، ويسعى جاهداً إلى إزالة المفاهيم الخاطئة من ملفاتك
...more
Wellington
Jan 28, 2008 rated it it was amazing
It’s all mental!! Some of the biggest differences between us are the way we approach life. This book fell in my lap during a time when I’m on the brink of a tremendous financial opportunity. Instead of walking in like a dog begging for dinner, this book got me thinking of the potential in me – the potential in all of us.

The book is built around 17 points (do you see yourself in any of them?):

1. Rich people believe "I create my life." Poor people believe, "Life happens to me."
2. Rich people play
...more
Owen
May 19, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: library
Yes, I really did read it, the whole damn thing. I'm in a business coaching group and one of the other members was raving about it, so I figured it was worth a try.

It starts out with a very interesting perspective, looking at how our thought and behavior patterns around money are formed by our childhood experiences, particularly seeing what our parents did (which we later either replicate or rebel against). That gave me something to think about: my parents both grew up at the tail end of the dep
...more
Matt Evans
Jul 09, 2008 rated it liked it
"Who The Heck is T. Harv Eker and Why Should I Read This Book?" is the title of the first chapter. I won't give away the secret, but I'll tell you this much: T.H. Eker is worth millions. That's why you should read this book.

The book is divided into two parts: 1) Your Money Blueprint and 2) The Wealth Files: Seventeen Ways Rick People Think AND Act Differently From Poor and Middle-Class People. We'll skip Part One and go straight to Part Two.

These Seventeen Maxims for Wealth comprise roughly 130
...more
Jason Navallo
Nov 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Good read for anyone who wants to become successful. I read it in a couple of days on the train. I learned quite a few things, but I wish there were more examples in the book, and a little more information about the author's career.
Ramy
Mar 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wealth
اعشق جدا الكتب التى تتحدث عن "كيف تصبح غنى" ليس بالطبع تلك الصورة الكوميديا ف الاذهان عن على بيه مظهر الحامل دوما لكتاب كيف تصبح غنيا و يقرأ كل سطر و يتطلع بعده ان يكون غنى و انما هى معرفة و افكار و موقف معين تجاه الحياة...اعتقد ان باسلوب و نمط حياتنا الشرقى ما كنا ابدا لنصل اتلك الافكار بمفردنا ....و لذا ف احب تلك النوعية من الكتب المترجمة للعربية ...ليست عقدة خواجة و انما لان ليس هناك من المصريين اوا لعرب من اصبح غنيا فى بيئة صحية و مناسبة لنمو ثرى نزيه....و ان وجدت كتابات فردية الوليد بن طلال ...more
Ahmad Alahmadi
Oct 04, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
من أفضل الكتب اللي قرأتها في هذا المجال إن لم يكن أفضلها على الإطلاق
الكاتب لديه إسلوب فريد ومحفز جداً
الكتاب مفيد حتى للي مو مهتمين في مجال التجارة والثروة لإنه يتكلم عن مبادئي أساسية تقريباً نقدر نطبقها على جميع مجالات الحياة
وتصنفيه وترتيبه للأفكار جداً رائع وإستنتاجاته مذهلة
وأكثر هالأفكار تتطابق مع ما ذكرها الدكتور صلاح الراشد كـ قوانين للكون ، مثل قانون الجذب وقانون الوفرة وغيرها من القوانين اللي فصّل فيها الدكتور في برنامجه رسالة من الكون

راح أكتب ملخص كامل عنه إن شاء الله في المدونة قريباً
Afrah
May 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
نصحه غني ذات مرة عندما كان مفلساً قائلاً له "يا هارف، إن لم تكن ناجحاً بالقدر الذي تريده، فهناك شيء لا تعرفه" فوضع نصيحته نصب عينيه، وبعد سنوات كتب هذا الكتاب بناء على تجربته وخبرته الشخصية وهذا ما يجعل من كتابه أكثر وضوحاً ومصداقية وكما يقال -اسأل مجرب- وكاتبنا خير مجرب، فقد جرب كلا الأمرين، جرب ان يكون مفلساً وجرب أن يكون مليونيراً!

هذا الكتاب بمثابة اعادة صياغة لمفهومك عن المال وكيفية إدارته، وهو "إعادة تشكيل خلاياك العقلية" كما عبر عنه الكاتب، يجعلك تراقب طريقة تفكيرك، ويعطيك طرق جديدة في الت
...more
Jay
Oct 22, 2009 rated it really liked it
Secrets of the Millionaire Mind - Being true to your mission

This is from the book - Secrets of the Millionaire Mind.

"Your life is not just about you. It's also about contributing to others. It's about living true to your mission and reason for being here on this earth at this time. It's about adding your piece of the puzzle to the world. Most people are so stuck to their egos that everything revolves around me, me, and more me. But if you want to be rich in the truest sense of the word, it can't
...more
Jenna Regis
Jan 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I've read this book 3 times now, and each time I get something new out of it. Teaches you to expand your mind, how to think like a highly successful person, teaches you to eliminate previous ways of thinking and expand your horizons. Truly motivating.
Abdulrahman Omar
Oct 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
فكرة الكتاب واضحة من اسمه "عقلية الميونير"
والمتتبع للكتب التي تتحدث عن الثراء ، يجد انها دائماً تركز على العقلية (Mindset) او طريقة التفكير للاغنياء ، وهذا امر لا غرابة فيه ،فاول خطوة في طريق الثراء هي بتغيير طريقة التفكير .

كتاب قيم في نظري ، يحدثك فيه اولاً عن "المصائب" الفكرية الموروثة تجاه التعامل مع المال ، والتي اكتسبناها من صغرنا سماعاً او مشاهدة او بالمواقف الشخصية.

يليه بتلخيص طرق التفكير المميزة للاغنياء ب ١٧ طريقة، ستحس حتماً وانت تتمعن فسيها بانها تمسك او انك رأيت اشخاصاً يفكرون بهذه
...more
Carmun
Ya he leído el libro, ahora tengo que analizarlo e interiorizarlo. Ahora queda lo difícil.
Es una lectura que afecta de distitna manera a cada persona, cada uno debe extraer aquello que quiera y pueda aplicar. Como todos los libros de este tipo, no se puede ni deber tomar al pie de la letra.
مهنا
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
أن تكتسب عقلية المليونير أهم من أن تملك الملايين !
كتاب عملي وذكي عندما تطبقه تشعر بالثراء وتتجه إليه وتجذبه. شخصيًا قرءت الكتاب ثلاثة مرات في ثلاث مراحل من حياتي ، وفي المرة الثالثة تحققت نتائجه اثناء تطبيقه! إنني في طريقي للحرية المالية .
Mustafa
Feb 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
كتاب على غرار الأب الغني والأب الفقير، يحاول شرح طريقة تفكير الأغنياء من قبل شاب متوسط الدخل صنع ثروته بنفسه عبر هذه الاستراتيجية، الكتاب عمدة الكتب في مجاله ويضيف الكثير للراغبين في تغيير عقلياتهم نحو المال
ومثل غيره من الكتب المماثلة لا يوضح الكتاب بالتفصيل كيف تضع رجلك على طريق الثراء فعليا،، هو فقط يخطو بك خطوة نحو بوابة الادخار والتفكير في استثمار الأموال وفتح المشاريع دون ان يتطرق فعليا لهذا الجسر الفاصل بين من نجحوا في فتح مشاريع ومن لم ينجحوا.

الكتب ملهم وايجابي ومحفز، ولكن ربما كانت تجربة
...more
Greg
Jul 21, 2013 rated it did not like it
This book sucks. It's a long commercial for Eker's seminars and network marketing businesses. I read a lot of this kind of make-a-million book, and I'm not cynical, so trust me.

Eker relates 19 differences in thinking between rich and poor people. But there's a certain type of rich person who.got most of his money by making promises to starry-eyed people, and Eker is one of them. He mixes practical though vague and tired wisdom with neurolinguistic and mystical crappola.

You can have a better vers
...more
Reid
Apr 09, 2009 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: I wouldn't recommend this book
Recommended to Reid by: a brother
Shelves: money-management
The author's premise is that each of us has a financial blueprint that determines how much wealth we acquire and keep. (who makes this stuff up?)
His premise is that a person can increase one's 'blueprint' if one thinks and acts like a wealthy person.

The second part of the book is the explanation of the 17 most important differences in the way a rich person thinks compared to the way a poor person thinks.

There is just enough truth in this book to make it believable and appealing to some folks. Th
...more
Cristian Nitoiu
Mar 12, 2018 rated it did not like it
I laughed so much reading this book.
This is more like a bible book which you should read once a month and spread the word of Eker to 100 of your friends.
Also there isn't a single practical financial advice that anyone could use from it.
Every now and then there are some lame testimonials of people who attended this guy's seminaries and dramatically changed their lives. The book is mostly an attempt of brainwashing it's readers into going to the seminaries which are mentioned a LOT.
Don't read this
...more
Zara Steen
May 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book offers a wealth of knowledge, and knowledge is power. It was eye opening, accessible and smart. I appreciate the way each section is written as Eker challenges your perspectives to be more conducive to personal growth. I highly recommend it for those open to discovering more about themselves. It is for people who are tired of suffering the same with little to no results and want to change their thoughts and their relationship with wealth. This book isn't just about reading and learning ...more
Donald
Dec 26, 2007 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2007
If I hear "Touch your head and say 'I have a millionaire mind'" one more time...
Jeroen De Dauw
Jan 09, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: non-fiction
After the first few chapters I was very surprised. This is not what I was expecting from a book with a 4.15 rating on Goodreads. Starting with chapter 2 I listened to the book at 170% speed. If I had been reading it rather than listening, I likely would have put the book onto the "never-finished" pile.

Things I did not like in this book:

* The information density is low
** A huge amount of time is spend explaining on why you should care about the books contents. I hate it when books do this. I am a
...more
Yordy
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This review has been hidden because it contains spoilers. To view it, click here.
Robin
Jan 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was a nice, light read yet very thought-provoking in terms of examining my own beliefs about money and wealth.

I don't mind Harv's promotion of his seminars - after all, this book is but one product of his highly successful seminar company. It's perfectly logical to me that he underline that if one enjoys this book and wants to delve deeper into its subject matter, then the seminars are extentions of the book that allow you to go further. If you don't love it, then take what you like and lea
...more
Nicolas Vanegas Vas Tarde
Nov 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: emprendimiento
El libro más importante que he encontrado sobre la abundancia, recomendado para cualquier persona.

Muy importante poder entender como funciona la parte interna y externa del dinero, a nivel personal logre identificar ideas implantadas desde mi infancia sobre el dinero que no me permitían alcanzar esa vida que deseo tener, pero llevando a cabo repetidamente las declaraciones sugeridas por Harv, siento que he logrado re programar mi patrón del dinero, creando uno nuevo acorde al nivel de vida que d
...more
Angela Kidd Shinozaki
Apr 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
I have to say I was a bit skeptical of this book at first, thinking-- I'm not just in it for money. But I discovered that is a particular mindset (or money blueprint as the book calls it). This book is all about having a positive attitude and believing that you deserve good things and learning how to draw success towards you. Basically, you have to work on your inner self first, otherwise you will never be happy even with money and you will probably lose it. I like the idea of learning to put a ...more
BUDOOR
Apr 01, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
عادة مثل هذه العناوين التسويقية حول المال تدفعني للهرب، لكنني ذات ملل بدأت بتصفحه ثم وجدت نفسي منغمسة بالقراءة. الدراسة حول سيكولوجية العقل الباطن وهي لا تتعلق فقط بتعاملاتنا مع المال بس بكل ما حولنا بقياس بسيط.

وجدت الفصل المتعلق بالخطط المالية مع شريك الحياة شيء جميل، وأنا من مؤيدي تغيير فكرة تحقيق الثراء يجب أن لا تكون للحظة عسر بل للحظة فرح أو حرية مالية. هي مسألة إدارة فورية وذكاء وسرعة وبديهة مع الكثير من التدريب في البداية لكسر معتقدات ترسخت في الباطن.

الجدير بالاهتمام أن الكاتب شخص روحاني
...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 next »
topics  posts  views  last activity   
Love Milionaire book 4 9 Aug 22, 2018 05:48PM  
Personal Finance Insider 1 5 Aug 22, 2017 06:02AM  
Mentor Texts: Mentor Texts 1 4 May 11, 2017 05:45PM  
  • The One Minute Millionaire: The Enlightened Way to Wealth
  • The Millionaire Mind
  • Multiple Streams of Income: How to Generate a Lifetime of Unlimited Wealth
  • The Science of Getting Rich
  • Seven Years to Seven Figures: The Fast-Track Plan to Becoming a Millionaire
  • The Success Principles: How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be
  • Rich Dad's Guide to Investing: What the Rich Invest in That the Poor and Middle Class Do Not!
  • The Automatic Millionaire: A Powerful One-Step Plan to Live and Finish Rich
  • Why We Want You To Be Rich: Two Men, One Message
  • Goals!: How to Get Everything You Want Faster Than You Ever Thought Possible
  • Law of Success
  • The Millionaire Maker: Act, Think, and Make Money the Way the Wealthy Do
  • Overachievement: The New Science of Working Less to Accomplish More
  • Own Your Own Corporation
  • Real Estate Riches: How to Become Rich Using Your Banker's Money
  • Acres of Diamonds
249 followers
T. Harv Eker is an author, businessman and motivational speaker known for his theories on wealth and motivation. He is the author of the book Secrets of the Millionaire Mind published by HarperCollins.
“Wealth File
1. Rich people believe "I create my life." Poor people believe "Life happens to me."
2. Rich people play the money game to win. Poor people play the money game to not lose.
3. Rich people are committed to being rich. Poor people want to be rich.
4. Rich people think big. Poor people think small.
5. Rich people focus on opportunities. Poor people focus on obstacles.
6. Rich people admire other rich and successful people. Poor people resent rich and successful people.
7. Rich people associate with positive, successful people. Poor people associate with negative or unsuccessful people.
8. Rich people are willing to promote themselves and their value. Poor people think negatively about selling and promotion.
9. Rich people are bigger than their problems. Poor people are smaller than their problems.
10. Rich people are excellent receivers. Poor people are poor receivers.
11. Rich people choose to get paid based on results. Poor people choose to get paid based on time.
12. Rich people think "both". Poor people think "either/or".
13. Rich people focus on their net worth. Poor people focus on their working income.
14. Rich people manage their money well. Poor people mismanage their money well.
15. Rich people have their money work hard for them. Poor people work hard for their money.
16. Rich people act in spite of fear. Poor people let fear stop them.
17. Rich people constantly learn and grow. Poor people think they already know.”
177 likes
“If you want to change the fruits, you will first have to change the roots. If you want to change the visible, you must first change the invisible.” 138 likes
More quotes…