Start by marking “Kitty Goes to Washington (Kitty Norville, #2)” as Want to Read:
Kitty Goes to Washington (Kitty Norville, #2)

Kitty Goes to Washington (Kitty Norville #2)

3.87  ·  Rating details ·  18,010 Ratings  ·  683 Reviews
Celebrity werewolf and late-night radio host Kitty Norville prefers to be heard and not seen. So when she's invited to testify at a Senate hearing on behalf of supernaturals, and her face gets plastered on national TV, she inherits a new set of friends, and enemies, including the vampire mistress of the city; an über-hot Brazilian were-jaguar; and a Bible-thumping senator ...more
Published July 31st 2007 by Grand Central Publishing (first published July 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Kitty Goes to Washington, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kitty Goes to Washington

Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads.

Kitty took a vital step towards becoming the strong heroine that Urban Fantasy buffs crave by severing ties with her dysfunctional pack in KITTY AND THE MIDNIGHT HOUR. However, she still has a long way to go in that area, and her submissiveness remains one of the biggest turn offs of this series for me. This book addressed the supes now being “out” development in great detail while also succeeding in keeping me engaged with multiple plots and new characters.

In KITTY GOES
Jeann (Happy Indulgence)
While the first Kitty Norville book had many gripes about Kitty being submissive and weak, it seems she's shaken off her pack mentality and is now standing firmly on her own two feet in the 2nd Kitty Norville book.

I thoroughly enjoyed Kitty Goes to Washington, it had a much tighter plot and was much stronger than the last one. Kitty's just a likeable character, she's charismatic and her strength is in building a rapport through her listeners and with people she's met.

Kitty Goes to Washington is
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
Definitely liked this one more than I did the second one but still not sure about it in terms of do I really want to read all 14 books? I guess only time, and books! will tell. I will try the third one though because I can see how it will turn into a fun series.
I ♥ Bookie Nookie (bookienookiereviews.blogspot.com)
This series--although I am only on book 2 is really missing something IMO. I am trying hard to like the series, but I am just finding the books a little boring. I think the idea behind the series is good. I like the humor that occasionally pops up. A werewolf named Kitty--excellent irony. The stories are a little lack luster.

Also, I have a great picture in my mind of what sexy monster hunter, Cormac must look like based on the author's description...then she has to throw in a mustache. Whamp, wh
Beth
Jan 23, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
When you're looking for a easy, fun and entertaining urban fantasy, Kitty Goes to Washington hits the spot.

Kitty Norville is somewhat on the run leaving her pack in the wake. She has been doing her talk radio show during her travels when her lawyer contacts her and tells her that the U.S. Congress has called Kitty to testify as an expert witness on the paranormal living among human kind.

A sexy large cat shifter, the vampire Mistress of DC, an evil and powerful being Kitty never new existed and a
AH
Kitty Goes to Washington is an entertaining read. Carrie Vaughn tells a great story full of politics and adds a twist of paranormal lore. Kitty Norville is subpoenaed to testify at a Senate Subcommittee about paranatural biology. Sounds boring, right? While the politicking goes on in the human world, we are treated to all sorts of politics and posturing in the paranormal world. The latter is much more interesting.

Upon her arrival in Washington, D.C., Kitty is taken under the protection of Washin
Jen
4.5 stars - great!

I really enjoyed this story, it was pretty fabulous. Kitty showed greater strength than she had in book one, more maturity, and she found a group of shapeshifters living in harmony, so my hopes of seeing her find a healthier pack came sort of true (just for her time in Washington DC).

I laughed out loud, or at least smiled wide enough that my cheeks hurt, three times, and I had tears pooling in my eyes once. It is thanks to these emotional feelings that I'm giving an otherwise
Carolyn  Storer
3.5 Stars

"Kitty Goes to Washington" is the second instalment in the Kitty Norville series by Carrie Vaughn. It pretty much beings where 'Kitty and the Midnight Hour' finished.

Kitty is on the run after leaving her pack and abusive alphas. She's moving from city to city, doing her radio show, The Midnight Hour as she travels. This time she ends up staying in Washington after agreeing to an interview with a senator. She's also asked by the Vampire Mistress of the City to stay with her, which is a l
Siobhan
I brought the first three Kitty books hoping for a truly interesting read. I’ve never been the biggest of werewolf fans – I like them, but I do not love them in the way I love other supernatural creatures – yet I was hoping this series would turn me around. It was such a promising idea. It was such an interesting idea. A radio host of a supernatural chat show who just so happens to be a werewolf – colour me interested.

Unfortunately, the story failed to pull me in the way I had hope it would.

Aft
Danielle (Danniegurl)
I enjoyed Kitty's world, but I found it weird how she wasn't allowed to interact with other shifters due to their instability or whatever and how Kitty only took the word of a vamp. On the flip side, I found it interesting that this particular vamp wanted to help her, I was ultimately surprised. This whole thing with the hearing and stuff was actually quite boring especially when we found out that the Senator was it?, wanted to keep her from testifying until the full moon when she was more volit ...more
One Book Two Read...: Kitty Goes To Washington 8 5 Jan 25, 2016 05:00PM
  • Second Skin (Nocturne City, #3)
  • Mortal Sins (World of the Lupi, #5)
  • Midnight Blue-Light Special (InCryptid, #2)
  • Mercy Blade (Jane Yellowrock, #3)
  • Blood Drive (Anna Strong Chronicles, #2)
  • On the Prowl (Tales of an Urban Werewolf, #2)
  • Shift (Shifters, #5)
  • Bitten to Death (Jaz Parks, #4)
  • Bone Crossed (Mercy Thompson, #4)
  • Dead Man Rising (Dante Valentine, #2)
  • Magic Burns (Kate Daniels, #2)
  • Dangerous Games (Riley Jenson Guardian #4)
  • Speak of the Devil (Morgan Kingsley, #4)
  • The Taste of Night (Signs of the Zodiac, #2)
Carrie Vaughn is best known for her New York Times bestselling series of novels about a werewolf named Kitty who hosts a talk radio show for the supernaturally disadvantaged. The fourteenth installment, Kitty Saves the World, was released in 2015. Her forthcoming novels include a near-Earth space opera, Martians Abroad, from Tor Books, and a post-apocalyptic murder mystery, Bannerless, from John J ...more
More about Carrie Vaughn...

Kitty Norville (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Kitty and the Midnight Hour (Kitty Norville #1)
  • Kitty Takes a Holiday (Kitty Norville, #3)
  • Kitty and the Silver Bullet (Kitty Norville, #4)
  • Kitty and the Dead Man's Hand (Kitty Norville, #5)
  • Kitty Raises Hell (Kitty Norville, #6)
  • Kitty's House of Horrors (Kitty Norville, #7)
  • Kitty Goes to War (Kitty Norville, #8)
  • Kitty's Big Trouble (Kitty Norville, #9)
  • Kitty Steals the Show (Kitty Norville, #10)
  • Kitty Rocks the House (Kitty Norville, #11)
“Just so you know, I'm straight. Totally straight. As an arrow."

Her voice held a smile. "So am I”
12 likes
“Um, yeah. I mean, I think… wow." It made sense, really. All part of that vampire seduction gambit: lure
the prey to you, give it a reason to open its veins. Sure cut down on that messy struggling. "Just so you
know, I'm straight. Totally straight. As an arrow."

Her voice held a smile. "So am I.”
5 likes