Start by marking “Goddess (Starcrossed, #3)” as Want to Read:
Goddess (Starcrossed, #3)

Goddess (Starcrossed #3)

4.25  ·  Rating Details ·  23,343 Ratings  ·  1,835 Reviews
After accidentally unleashing the gods from their captivity on Olympus, Helen must find a way to re-imprison them without starting a devastating war. But the gods are angry, and their thirst for blood already has a body count.

To make matters worse, the Oracle reveals that a diabolical Tyrant is lurking among them, which drives a wedge between the once-solid group of friend
Published May 28th 2013 by HarperTeen (first published March 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Goddess, please sign up.

Elisa
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareThe Indigo Spell by Richelle MeadRequiem by Lauren OliverThe Elite by Kiera Cass
YA Novels of 2013
1,533 books — 11,008 voters
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareLover at Last by J.R. WardRequiem by Lauren OliverThe Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead
Can't Wait Books of 2013
2,502 books — 12,375 voters

More lists with this book...

Rimsha Salam
Check out my blogs for more reviews and book stuff: http://ramblingsofabookworm3.blogspot...

It is over :'(
It was so beautiful!!! :')

Me just after reading Dreamless:

"I so can't wait for it" !!!

Me fan girling:

Me waiting for Goddess:

Still waiting:

And waiting:
image

Me freaking out after so much waiting:

Why oh why do you keep me waiting Josephine!!!

Edit:

the cover, the cover, THE COVER !!!!!

Best one yet! amazing Loooooooooove it!!! <3
Shreya
Jan 11, 2012 Shreya rated it it was amazing
*UPDATE** OH YAH KNOW, IT ONLY TOOK ME LIKE FOREVER TO READ THIS. *sighs* Review to come btw cause I looooooved it :D

I WONDER WHY THIS BOOK WAS NAMED AFTER ME? O_O

HMMMMMMMM.....

JOSIE...I HAVE A QUESTION FOR YOU........

CAUSE IT'S PERFECTLY ALRIGHT IF YOU WERE................

*OMG O_O GUYS!!! LOOK AT IT!!! LOOK AT GORGEOUS COVER!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!! IT'S SO FUDGIN AMAZING O_O*
Beverly C.
Jul 09, 2012 Beverly C. marked it as to-read
EDITED YET AGAIN:

HOLY MOTHER FORKER.
MAY 2013???????

why

EDITED AGAIN:

OK, first off, I would like to thank all the likes. I got like 20 so far. Yay! Lol. And I would like to say sorry for all the editing on this review. Lastly, I would just like to say, I didn't mean to offend anyone by this review, it's just my opinion, and please respect it, since I will respect yours. Now, commenting on this review is ok; I am actually glad someone would comment. Just please don't flame me with your opinions,
Angela
Jun 10, 2012 Angela rated it it was amazing
Daphne better tell helen and lucas the truth this time cuz this is TORTURE!
Liz
Nov 26, 2012 Liz rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: everyone who read the previous books and enjoys Greek mythology
Recommended to Liz by: I did it myself
Finally! Finally I have it in my hands!

After reading:
This book was EPIC! And I am so not overestimating it!

The Gods are unleashed, the war is coming closer, the Tyrant is amoung the friends and Helen discovers more and more skills she shouldn't have.
Trust? No.
Fear? Yes.
Giving up? Never.

There is not much time left for Helen and neither does she have many people to support her and give her useful advices. She finds help where she does not expect it. She finds out things that shock her and that
Annie Brewer
It's over. It's all over. I can't believe it's over. What an incredible end to an amazing series full of surprises, twists, intensity, pain, love and all things mythology. It was superb!!! I'm satisfied and happy and so so so so sad it's over.

Where to start...
Let me say, that I had some issues with book 2, Dreamless because of the whole Orion-Lucas-Helen fiasco, so going into this book I was worried. I didn't know what to expect from the last book of the series, which is not fun when you've inve
Marya
Sep 05, 2012 Marya marked it as to-read
LLLLUUUUCCCAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!
ooohhh mmyyy goooshh! I think i am gonna lose it! why does this silly orion guy have to come along? (no offense to any team orion people out there but im just really dont like him) Cant you just see that lucas and helen are MEANT to be together. if daphne doesnt spill the beans that theyre not related i might just scream the house down with frustration!! do i really have to wait nearly a whole year for goddess to come out? *sigh*
Kelly Oram

Wow. I felt like this book was all over the place. I didn't even finish it. I'm so sad right now. I suppose it could have been my mood. I'll try it again some other time and hopefully I'll enjoy it more.

I seriously am going to die. Especially because I'm sure I'm on the wrong team. I'm in love with Orion! But I love Lucas too! Maybe I should let Helen keep Lucas and steal Orion for myself. *Considers writing fan fiction wherein I steal Orion*
MJ
To see full review click here.

Disclaimer: Obviously, I am not an Olympian. If I was do you really think I'd be bothered to read YA fiction-Well, maybe. I would have eternity....but I'd honestly probably be doing something better with my time like touring Antarctica or at least eating some Greek yogurt with John Stamos.

Cue to The Mt. Olympus Book Club: A sound of something exploding is heard. Frame onto a very annoyed looking Athena.

Athena: Did you really have to break that Grecian urn, it was a
Nikoleta
Jun 23, 2016 Nikoleta rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, romance
Το Νέοι Θεοί είναι ένα βιβλίο με γρήγορη πλοκή και πολλά πολλά γεγονότα. Το μυαλό του αναγνώστη δεν προλαβαίνει να συλλάβει τις εξελίξεις και κάποια στιγμή απλώς αρχίζει να τις περνάει στο ντούκου. Η ταχύτητα και το εύρος των γεγονότων είναι λοιπόν, ίσως υπερβολικά για ένα έργο 350 σελίδων, αλλά είναι τόσο καλογραμμένο που απλά ο αναγνώστης δεν πολυσκοτίζεται.
Τώρα, όσον αφορά το σύνολο του έργου της σειράς. Η αλήθεια είναι ότι με γοήτευσε. Η συγγραφέας έχει πλάσει έναν κόσμο, χρησιμοποιώντας ως
Natalie Graham
Aug 06, 2012 Natalie Graham rated it really liked it
Just one more? Please?

I'm sad it's over :(
Sara Bow
Trilogie hat mich leider enttäuscht - eher etwas für jüngere Leser...
Luke
Jul 26, 2012 Luke rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
She must rise. . .

Goddess is the third and final book in the Starcrossed Trilogy by Josephine Angelini.

After reading Dreamless, I want this so badly!

description

Both the U.S. cover (above) and the U.K. cover (below) look amazing. The U.S. cover has a nice turquoise colour with a shade of purple, with a girl in a dance-looking pose. The U.K. cover is a bright purple, with Lucas looking up at Helen, while she looks down at him.

description

. . .or they will fall. . .
Mersina Stark is a Bookwhoreasaurus
What patience I have left is being severely tested these months.
Annabelle Marie Veronica
*****FINAL RATING: 4.75 STARS*****

CATCHALL
Goddess was a stunning and beautiful conclusion to the Star-crossed series. With plenty of romance and action, it balanced everything perfectly. This book breaks your heart and puts it back together again, and I mean that in the best way I can. This book was absolutely stunning, with a brilliant cast of characters who complete the novel.

THE HEROINE
HELEN
Sometimes I wanted to jump into the book and slap Helen for the decisions she made, but in if she m
✻Anika✻
May 30, 2012 ✻Anika✻ rated it it was amazing
I can't wait until this comes out!

*Update*
IT WAS AMAZING!!
I feel like in trilogy's the last book is usually a let down compared to the other books, but "Goddess" totally lived up to my expectations!! At some points I was a bit confused when it switched POV's but I still loved it! I've always been a big fan of Lucas and liked him better than Orion, but I stilled loved Orion also!!!!! I also like the ending. Usually in a love triangle, but I loved how in this one both guys were winners. Thank you
Georgia Robson
Jul 11, 2012 Georgia Robson marked it as to-read
I NEED THIS BOOK NOW!!! And when i say now i mean now, i can't wait for the 3rd, i had to wait 2 weeks for the second and i tried to read star-crossed again but i memorised every word. And I swear Lucas and Helen better get together. Please reply if u guys think they will or they won't. I have 2 say I think they will but by the way the 1st and 2nd went, i just can't be sure.
Eva
Jun 12, 2017 Eva rated it it was amazing
So I found this trilogy in a book bazar for 5$ each and I didn't think much about my purchase (the synopsis in the back of the book sounded cool).I didn't except to enjoy this books as much as I did.The first book was amazing, I fell in love with the characters, the writing, the plot and I finished it in two days.I just couldn't stop reading.The second book was really good but I didn't enjoy it as much as the first one.Mainly my problem was Orion, I simply didn't like him at all and secondly no ...more
Emilia Rosen
Jul 13, 2012 Emilia Rosen marked it as to-read
I just finished Dreamless and if she doesn't pick Lucas.... Grrr......
Donna {Book Passion for Life}
Oh yeah!! Now that's what I'm talking about!!! Josephine Angelini is back and back better than ever, because Goddess is a cracking finale - one full of action, drama, love and an epic past and I absolutely loved it.

It's no secret that how much I loved Starcrossed and it's no secret how much I didn't like Dreamless. So, in all honestly, I was worried what Josephine would do with the final book in this series, but I'm so over the moon she did us readers proud!!! It is one of them books that gives
Sue (Hollywood News Source)
5 THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT GODDESS.

1. The war is coming so romance isnt the focal point of the plot but I can assure the asdfgjkllowuei moments will made up for it.

2. Speaking of war, casualties are inevitable but don't you fret child It could not be your favorite character but you'll never know. *internally screaming

3. There will be lots of crying,mourning, flinging yourself out of the window because reasons.

4. Chapter 14 is the accurate definition of PAIN. It was like having my heart ripp
Anna
Mar 16, 2015 Anna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2017, buch
Insgesamt fand ich die Reihe dieses Mal viel besser als beim ersten Mal.

Der letzte Band war ein guter Abschluss für die Reihe. Es findet alles seinen Abschluss (:
Die Charaktere sind mir alle sehr ans Herz gewachsen und es war traurig sich jetzt von ihnen zu verabschieden.

4 Sterne
Kg
Jul 05, 2012 Kg marked it as to-read
Shelves: starcrossed

LUCAS!!!!! I want her to pick Lucas!
Yiota Misiou
Mar 11, 2013 Yiota Misiou rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
" Ένας άντρας, μία ψηφος" ψιθύρισαν όλοι οι Μυρμιδόνες.
...
αυτό που επαναλάμβαναν όλοι μαζί ήταν η θεμέλια λίθος της ατομικής σκέψης και το κομβικό σημείο της ελληνικής φιλοσοφίας.
Η ιδέα που συνοψιζόταν στη φράση " ένας άντρας, μία ψήφος " ήταν η απαρχή της δημοκρατίας. Φτωχός ή πλούσιος, θεός ή θνητος , κάθε πλάσμα είχε την ίδια αξία. Οι αδύναμοι είχαν το ίδιο δικαίωμα ν' αποφασίζουν για τον εαυτό τους με τους ισχυρούς.
Hermione
On another note, I probably won't read this. The series was pretty boring. And I can't make myself care about what happens to the characters, anyhow.
Colleen Houck
What a stellar conclusion to the series! I love Helen's new powers. They are pretty much amazing. I want her world building power. I could totally rock that one. The ending was so perfect.
Marissa at Beneath the Moon and Stars
I need this book like burning.

April 2013:
I definitely turned the last page with a tears in my eyes. As perfect as the ending was I'm not ready to say goodbye to these characters :(. Things that I'd wanted to happen since the beginning did, and things I never expected had my jaw on the floor. I love Greek mythology and Josephine Angelini's wins all the awards.
Jen Ryland
I borrowed an ARC of Goddess through Around the World ARC Tours -- thanks :)

Goddess takes up right where Dreamless left off, with poor Helen all bloodied and beat up -- though still brave and defiant -- after her unpleasant encounter with Ares. And so begins the last book of this trilogy.

There's a lot to wrap up in Goddess. As the blurb states, Helen inadvertently released the gods from Mount Olympus. Humans are dying mysteriously, and Helen and her friends -- Orion, Matt, Lucas, Hector, Cassand
Marija *Who Cares If One More Light Goes Out? Well, I Do*
It's done. I'm finished with this series. At last. I still can't say that I like Josephine Angelini's writing style, but I liked her story very much. I liked how she made the gods bad guys, and how she used events from Troy playing over and over again. And Hector lived!!! Love this version of Troy more because of that. I'm writing this 11 days after actually finishing the book so I don't have much to say. Emotions towards it receded so I'm cutting this short. Very good ending for this series. I ...more
Cordelia Aumoeualogo
Gee... I really do hope Lucas and Helen find out the truth behind Helen's mothers lies about them being related. This love triangle is KILLING ME!!
  • If I Should Die (Revenants, #3)
  • The Goddess Inheritance  (Goddess Test, #3)
  • Afterglow (Wildefire, #3)
  • Shadows in the Silence (Angelfire, #3)
  • Everbound (Everneath, #2)
  • Age of the Fifth (Carrier, #3)
  • Elegy (Hereafter #3)
  • Sweet Legacy (Medusa Girls, #3)
  • Awaken (Abandon, #3)
  • Crimson Frost (Mythos Academy, #4)
  • Dead Silence (The Body Finder, #4)
  • The Wicked Within (Gods & Monsters, #3)
  • Angel Fever (Angel, #3)
  • Descendant (Starling, #2)
  • With All My Soul (Soul Screamers, #7)
  • Losing Lila (Lila, #2)
  • Apollyon (Covenant, #4)
  • Covet (The Clann, #2)
Josephine Angelini is a Massachusetts native and the youngest of eight siblings. She graduated from New York University's Tisch School of the Arts in theater, with a focus on the classics. She now lives in Los Angeles with her husband and daughter.
More about Josephine Angelini...

Starcrossed (4 books)
  • Starcrossed City (Starcrossed, #0.5)
  • Starcrossed (Starcrossed, #1)
  • Dreamless (Starcrossed, #2)

“Some things stay a little bit broken forever—even after they’ve been fixed.” 127 likes
“She had power over the most magnificent forces on Earth, but she still didn’t feel like she had power over the most important thing of all—her own heart.” 107 likes