Start by marking “Corta Por Lo Sano” as Want to Read:
Corta Por Lo Sano

Corta Por Lo Sano

3.62  ·  Rating details ·  1,227 Ratings  ·  81 Reviews
Dani Myers has become an expert at romantic breakups ever since she was hired to "facilitate" them for clients of Your Big Break, Inc. In other words, she dumps people for money. But company rule #5 (do not get personally involved) is getting harder to obey. One of her dumpees is turning out to be the kind of guy she might just want to pick up on the rebound. and a new cli ...more
352 pages
Published March 1st 2007 by Esencia (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Corta Por Lo Sano, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Corta Por Lo Sano

Sherri Hunter
Oct 11, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
Another new to me author brings a very entertaining story about a woman who works in the unhappy side of love and relationships. Dani Myers’s family thinks she works as website designer. The truth they don’t know is that Dani works for a company that people hire to dump their significant others. This isn’t an easy job for Dani because she is too compassionate and sympathetic to the people getting dumped. This becomes evident when she begins befriending the people who are dumped and even matchmak ...more
Suzy Kue
Oct 10, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a fun, light hearted read that came at the perfect time thanks to a great friend. It put the truth about break-ups into a humorous light. The characters were relatable, which I loved.
Kristen
Another wimpy, whiney, scared little girl hero, oh wait heroine. The premise of the book was great, a company you could hire to handle all the yucky emotional stuff in your life, like quitting your job or dumping the boy. I liked every character other than the main one, I loved the brother. I'm not knocking a 28 year old for being upset that her father and mother are cheating on each other or even taking a really long time to get over being dumped, I dislike her cuz the everything is just SOOO d ...more
Jill
Jun 29, 2007 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No One
I got this book for free, so I figured, why not, and packed it to read on my trip to Spain, as I spent a lot of time on busses (first class travel all the way for me!) and needed a light diversion.

It's the story of a woman who works for a firm that handles breakups so that people don't have to do it themselves, and she, predictably, falls for one of her client's exes, and hijinks ensue. Very contrived, and the writing is not that good. I also gave it to my friend who is living in Spain, and the
Selene Gudino
I read this book in 2 days, dedicating just a little time a day. Is a very easy-to-read, light novel about a girl who messes up her life a little. She works for a company that handles break-ups and everyday she has to deal with it. On the other hand her life changes when something family-related comes up.

The characters ins this book are no complicated at all. And we all can see a little of ourselves in them. Is a very entretaining book if you are looking for a light and funny read. I would recom
Jackie
Dani Myers works for a break-up service called "Your Big Break". She tries hard to follow the five unbreakable rules, but she seems to slip occasionally. Her job consists of doing the dumper's dirty job of dumping the dumpee, by letter, by email, or in person. She's paid handsomely for this job...but, her job takes on new meaning when a young, buxom redhead hires her to dump her father, who just happens to still be married to her mother. Her job, her family and her relationships all spiral out o ...more
Judy
Feb 13, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Picked this up in the remainders at BN to amuse me on the flight home from Texas. It only partially amused me and it didn’t even last the whole flight.

A one-joke story: young woman works for an outfit that will break up for you called “Your Big Break” with the motto, It’s not you, it’s us. The slight repugnance that you feel about her work doesn’t get any better as the story gets thicker and she starts dating some of the “break-ees” and confronts her father’s lover who wants to dump him. A gigg
Kourtney
Jul 09, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am really surprised that I enjoyed this one. Usually when a book storyline is revolving around cheating, I get turned off of the story. This time though I was fully engaged, and could not put the book down. It may have something to do with the fact that the cheating was done by people other than the main character...

This was a fast, lively read that I recommend to all chick lit lovers! Johanna Edwards is quickly climbing up my favorite authors chart, and I look forward to reading her other boo
Leslie
Sep 11, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romantic
I picked this up at a thrift store because the blurb on the back reminded me of Little Lady Agency so I decided to give it a chance. It's a quick read but basically forgettable.

The protagonist is a woman who works for a company that breaks off relationships, ends friendships & quits jobs for a fee. She is a mess. She is unable to admit to her parents what she does for a living, so she lies and says she is a web designer.

None of the characters in this book are very likeable.
Petra
Aug 12, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Heerlijke chicklit! Ik hou er van om hogere niveau boeken af te wisselen met iets waar je gewoon van smult. Het is af en toe een beetje voorspelbaar, zo gaat dat met die dingen. Ik ben nu halverwege en het zal benieuwen hoe erg het straks fout gaat maar goed komen gaat het vast en zeker! Toch een beetje origineel door de vreemdgaan factor in het gezinsleven van Dani.
Chelsea
This was a cute, albeit predictable book about a woman who works at a company that breaks up with people so their clients don't have to. It's about moving on from past heartbreaks and finding new love. It was fun to read despite being fluff. If you're looking for something entertaining and don't want anything too serious, this book is perfect for you!
Christina Beggs
Jan 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I became addicted to Johanna Edwards before this one and this book just continued my love and fascination for her style and imagination. Her characters felt realistic in fact sometimes I had difficulty separating reality from fiction with them. Fantastic piece of chick-lit which I refuse to give up.
Damarys
Jan 03, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: prestado
libro con abundante cursilería y lios innecesarios, de los que abundan en las peliculas romanticas todo por una enfermiza conducta a no decir la verdad como primera opcion.

el libro sirve para distraer y pasar el rato sin pensar mucho.
a su favor; de lectura muy rapida, agil y adictiva, se lee con facilidad.
Chloe
Mar 26, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very easy, light, fluffy chick-lit read. Great type of book to read when you don't want a serious intense story. The story follows Dani who has somewhat of an unusual job and keeps the particulars of such hidden from her family. This creates all sorts of problems and she learns that sometimes, honesty is the best policy.
Rachel
Jul 12, 2007 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book starts with a good idea as far as chick lit goes. An agency devoted to breaking up with people so that the person doesnt have to deal with their own mistakes and failures in a relationship. Thats why I was surprised that after the first chapter I was so bored. I really couldn't finish it.
Kaley
Aug 07, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just finished reading this book and also loved it! It is about a woman who works at a Break up company. They help people break up with their boyfriend/girlfriend or leave a job. This book was awesome and I couldn't put it down. Can't wait to get ahold of Johanna Edwards third book!
Luisa B.
Apr 05, 2013 rated it liked it
Una lectura sencilla y entretenida. Aunque a veces tantas situaciones inverosímiles -y las reacciones de todos hacia ellas- hacían que me desesperara y aburriera por momentos. Aun así, una buena historia para una tarde.
Cathy
Aug 07, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dani's job is to "facilitate" break-ups for clients of Your Big Break, Inc. She gets herself into several mishaps with over-involving herself in her clients' lives. It is light-hearted, sometimes comical, and fun to read.
Melissa Cowder
Jul 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an easy, entertaining read. Definitely not realistic but it's the classic cheesy, goofy with some emotions, romantic comedy. I really enjoyed reading it again and would recommend it to anyone who likes above described-types of book.

Great book!
Anabel
Aug 04, 2013 rated it it was ok
Corta por lo Sano, es una comedia romántica que aunque me ha dejado igual que cuando lo empecé a leer, me ha hecho pasar un buen rato, como esas películas románticas que solo te entretienen durante un rato pero no dejan huella.
Darla
Apr 22, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Super easy read and pretty enjoyable.
Angela
Sep 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed the story a lot and found the character's both likeable and relatable. Would recommend the book to anyone who likes chick lit books.
Christy Compeau
An enjoyable fluffy quick read.
Kim
Jan 09, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I got sucked in from the first page and enjoyed every minute of it. This is the second of Edwards' books that I've read and I've loved both. Great read!
Meaghan
Jan 22, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
enjoyed the main story but the parts about her parents having an open marriage etc was a little bit strange.
Megan
Oct 21, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was cute. Nothing special though... I'd call it slightly more in-depth than a beach read. Still, I did enjoy it.
Jun 29, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
About an agency that breaks up with people for you. Interesting concept.
Joan Rowland
Feb 08, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I only read halfway through this book and then skipped to the last few pages for the ending. I didn't like the characters or the plot.
Kcfrasure
Sep 01, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun. Easy. Weekend read. Chick-Lit at it's finest. LOL I thought the whole concept was cute. Think I'll check out a little more of Johanna Edwards' stuff.
Lisa
Feb 02, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A quick read of unremarkable chick lit.
  • The Scent of Scandal
  • Not Quite A Bride
  • Exes and Ohs
  • The Pink Ghetto
  • Love @ First Site
  • Good Luck
  • Changing Grooms
  • Room For Improvement
  • Hand-Me-Down (Red Dress Ink Novels)
  • Mafia Chic (Red Dress Ink Novels)
  • Dear Neighbor, Drop Dead
  • Insider Dating
  • Name & Address Withheld
  • Pink Slip Party
  • Bride Needs Groom
  • Suburbanistas
  • The Breakup Club
  • As Seen on TV
Johanna also writes teen books under the name Jo Edwards.
More about Johanna Edwards...