Start by marking “Съдбата на Шута (Шутът и убиецът, #3)” as Want to Read:
Съдбата на Шута (Шутът и убиецът, #3)

Съдбата на Шута (Tawny Man #3)

4.38  ·  Rating details ·  48,885 Ratings  ·  1,210 Reviews
Убиец, шпионин и майстор на Умението, Фицрицарин вече е твърдо установен в кралския двор в Бъкип. Заедно с принц Предан, наставника си Сенч и слабоумния, но надарен с огромен талант в Умението Шишко, Фиц се опитва да помогне за изпълняването на мисия, която би могла да осигури мира между Шестте херцогства и Външните острови и да спечели за Предан ръката на нарческа Елиания ...more
Paperback, Bulgarian Edition, 784 pages
Published 2009 by Bard Publishing House (first published November 1st 2003)

Adrienne
If you've made it this far, you probably know what you're getting into when you start a Robin Hobb book. I certainly did, and it doesn't change the fact that my soul is now a heap of shreds on the floor. Oh, is that melodramatic? I don't care! I can count on one hand the number of books that have made me cry, and this is one of them -- twice, in fact, and a few times afterward. My poor soul!

That is not to say that this was a perfect book. I thought the beginning started out rather slowly, so at
Bookdragon Sean
All friendships go through rough patches at one time or another, and in this Fitz’s relationship with the Fool is pushed almost to breaking point. Fitz has begun to have doubts, which come from even stronger feelings of fear; he fears for the future, a future that may not correspond with the Fool’s ideas. A dragon lies between then, one Fitz has to slay and one the Fool wishes to save. Friendship becomes the problem and the answer, as Fitz begins to realise that everything that as ever happened ...more
Kaitlin
So... I don't know how I am supposed to begin writing up a review for this book because never in my whole life have I been as affected and devastated, happy and excited, lonely and angry as I was throughout the adventures of this book. This is my all-time favourite book. It's exceptional. It's leagues ahead of all others (except for The Mad Ship, also by Hobb, which was recently my favourite book... overtaken by another Hobb book!) for so many reasons, and trying to gather my thoughts and rein t ...more
Samantha
Aug 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book. Damn. This is one of the best books I've read in a long time! I haven't been this emotionally affected by a book in years. I cried so many times, which is rare for me. It was perfect. Seriously, reading all of Hobb's books is worth it just to get to this one. Perfect! Perfect! Perfect!
Kaora
Mar 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This series was all set to be my Robin Hobb all time favorite surpassing even Liveship Traders.

The writing is absolutely superb and the world Hobb has created continues to wow me in its complexity. It is a world I wouldn't mind spending forever in. And she has frequently brought me to tears with the beautiful moments she captures between her amazing characters.

All that night, I cradled him in my arms, as closely as if he were my child or my lover. As closely as if he were my self, wounded and al
helen the bookowl
Mar 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Things picked up a lot from the second book in this trilogy, and this conclusion to the Tawny Man series became highly entertaining and compelling. I loved how things developed for Fitz and obviously, I loved the conclusion as well. Right now, I'm actually tempted to continue reading about him in Hobb's 5th series that takes place in this world, but for now I will just enjoy what I've already read of him because it was really good :)
Halima

I dedicate this review to the Fool.

This novel was incredible. My goodness, I was crying throughout! I can't even come close to justifying it within this mere review. Hobb has yet again created a magical novel, filled with intrigue, pain, laughter and lots of surprises. I can honestly say this was the best ending to a trilogy I have ever read. Though I do admit, whilst reading it, I did get really worried, I kept thinking someone was going to die (view spoiler)
Franco  Santos
«Home is people. Not a place. If you go back there after the people are gone, then all you can see is what is not there any more.»
Puedo decir con total seguridad que este libro es el mejor de Robin Hobb que he leído. Pocas veces una novela supera mis expectativas cuando sé que esta va a ser excelente, sin embargo, desafiando las probabilidades, Fool's fate me demostró que siempre se puede dar un poco más, que siempre Hobb tiene una lágrima o una sonrisa inesperada para darme.

«I told you I set no
Phee
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tara
Mar 18, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Evie Byrne
I was very happy with this series (though I wouldn't recommend anyone read it without reading the Farseer trilogy first). I must have been happy because I read all three books within a week at the cost of many hours of sleep.

However, can I just say to those of you who have read these books that I couldn't really buy the Molly thing? Is anyone with me on this? I understand she represents home and hearth for him (or cave and cubs!) and perhaps his lost youth. But she just wasn't a compelling chara
Stefan
Mar 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How could I give you anything less than what you deserve?
And if it’s something you already deserve – is it really mine to give? :D
This was a perfect ending.

“Ah, Beloved. Of all the things I must bid farewell to, you are the most difficult to lose.
Forgive me that I have avoided you. Better, perhaps, that we make a space between us and become accustomed to it before fate forces that upon us.”

Niks
Bitter sweetness or sweet bitterness...Epic.
I was absolutely crazy when I finished the final, 6th book about The Fool and the Assasin, I couldn`t read, couldn`t sleep, concentrate or communicate with people - I got lost in the thoughts and emotions after absorbing this Story. The funny thing is that currently I spend my summer vacations out of town and without any internet. But after I finished the last pages and the understanding that THIS is the end, no more Fool and Fitz relationship for y
David Sven
A good and satisfying ending to what has become my favourite Hobb trilogy. I thought the ending of the Farseer trilogy was good as well even though many didn’t find it a very fitting ending because a lot of Fitz’ pain and sacrifice went largely unrewarded and unrecognised. But I think even many of those critics would appreciate the end of this series.

Like the last book of the Farseer Trilogy, this book brings us to a dragon-centric quest. An adventure where the hero goes off to slay a dragon. We
Hanne
Nov 11, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A letter home -

That’s it then, another quest came to an end. Another set of mysteries explained. We went sailing (which Thick was very grateful for) and ice fishing, we made ice castles (though 'labyrinth' would probably cover it better) and we even made a dragon or two fly. The weather wasn't very good, and I probably hadn't packed enough Siberian-inspired winter clothes but I survived, somehow. The food wasn't really good either, but luckily I found an abandoned honey jar on the way.

As always
Zayne
Mar 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Fool's Fate has one of the most satisfying endings I've read in a long time. When I first began Assassin's Apprentice, I thought "Oh, it's first-person. That's boring. Now I know the main character won't die." Well, Hobb taught me that there are far worse things you can do to a character than kill them. After 6 books of Hobb physically and emotionally torturing FitzChivalry, I was very surprised to see an ending like this. It was such an amazing ending. How did I expect the ending to go? Somethi ...more
Aidan
Apr 23, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So bittersweet. It's going to be hard for any book/series for the rest of the year to top the experience I had with the Tawny Man trilogy. I first read the Farseer trilogy when I was in my mid-teens, roughly Fitz's age through the trilogy. I connected to a lot of his conflicts. I'm now the same age as Fitz during the Tawny Man trilogy, and I think that helped the books resonate with me as an adult. I don't think I would have been able to connect with his challenges as a father (in several capaci ...more
Chris
What I've come to expect from a Robin Hobb book. That is, it has about twice as many pages as the plot should support, but that's alright. Because the remaining text is filled with essential character development, which is Hobb's greatest strength as a writer. So in that sense, it's a typical book from her. But on the other hand, it's very much its own story, or sub-story of the greater tale of FitzChivalry Farseer.

I won't really comment much on how it wraps up this trilogy, for fear of spoilers
Damian Dubois
Sep 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014
I think the last line of Fool's Fate sums up my feelings for the book and the trilogy perfectly.

I am content.

Technically I know I should go onto the Rainwild Traders next but there is a certain other Hobb book that is screaming out to me to read me first - Fool's Assassin. And for the first time I will be basically reading her new book 'live' rather than years after the original release. Can't wait to swim in uncharted waters.
Paul
Recommendation: Buy this book(series) and make it top priority.

Fool’s Fate by Robin Hobb is the culmination of the Tawny Man Trilogy, a trilogy that got better with each book, and ended spectacularly with a lot of feeling. Fool’s Fate is the 9th book in Hobb’s Realm of the Elderling Series and those books need to be read before you read Fool’s Fate. Those trilogies are The Farseer Trilogy and The Liveship Traders Trilogy. This is an epic fantasy series that focuses on characterization and inter-
Steph // bookplaits
In three words: tense, heartbreaking, emotional.

"An accumulation of small acts can change the world."

When I started reading the Tawny Man trilogy, people warned me that it would be sad but that the pain would be worth it. Now I've finished, I can definitely see what they mean! My emotions were all over the place during the last half or so of this book. So many things happened. SO MANY FEELS.

To backtrack a little, having read the Farseer trilogy and the Liveship Traders trilogy, this is the thi
Arthur
Mar 08, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Hacen
May 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Actual Rating: 4.75

I took off .25 stars because (view spoiler)

Buddy Read
Michelle M
Feb 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-own, read-2017
And that's another lost weekend!
Jesse
Jun 17, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of epic fantasy and George R.R. Martin
Shelves: fantasy
I'm going to try not to gush in this review but I am very happy to end 2007 with this book. This book on many occassions brought tears to my eyes as I read momments of great sadness and momments that touch the heart. All of this is interlaced with a brilliant narative, characters that are painfully real feeling, and a world also rendered equally real.

I've savored this book over the last 3-4 months, partly to prolong the experience but also for fear of running out of great fantasy to read. I star
Claudia
Jun 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, z-to-a-hobb
Realms of the Elderlings , third series done and it’s getting better and better.

This last part from Tawny Man was incredible and the sun has risen, at last, on Fitz’ street. After around seven thousand pages I was finally rewarded! I felt that a stone lifted from my heart – that’s how good Robin Hobb writes.

But all these stories are not only about Fitz, the Fool, dragons and scheming. It goes deeper: it shows the human inner nature, one’ struggle with his thoughts and feelings, what it takes t
Shelly K
Feb 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book wrecked me. I'm not much of a crier, I'm not sure if I remember the last book that made me cry but this book got to me.

After reading eight books (Farseer trilogy, LiveShips and then the first two of this series) to get to this one, I've become so invested in these characters. And Hobb's characters are very real. Maddeningly real. They make stupid decisions, and painful mistakes, and sometimes they're so full of uncertainty that they are unable to act at all. And as a reader I found mys
Junkie for the Written Word
I gave this book an extra star because of my overall enjoyment of the Farseer saga. However:

))))))*****Major Spoilers BELOW!****((((((((

I have never wanted someone to be gay so much before in my life. The fact that the relationship between the Fool and Fitz was snatched away and replaced at the very end with Molly was so soul crushing I want to forget it ever happened. I may have to break my "no fanfic" rule and scour the internet for the ending I wanted. Slashfic here I come!

Also, there were m
Penny
Aug 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
While the book does drag along at times, it was such fun to go to the OutIslands. I have a soft spot for matriarchal cultures so found that particularly fun and interesting. The pacing wasn't always exactly to my liking, but the story was compelling enough to get me through those bits that felt a bit long.

I've come to so love these characters and the end had my teary eyed more than once. Looking forward to the last trilogy in the series next!
Jayanth
Mar 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, series
This book, like most of the earlier ones in the series, left me an emotional wreck. The tying up of all the threads, the odd and ironic way lives mirror across generations was intense to read through. Some moments made me tear up, made me realise how invested I was in the story and the characters, old and new. How I personally connected to some of them and their trials in life.

Robin Hobb is one my favorites writers now, I kinda knew it after reading the first Farseer book. I loved her writing ri
Fantasy Buddy Reads: Fool's Fate 7 22 May 18, 2017 09:14PM
The fool's gender 11 932 Mar 27, 2017 07:48AM
Hobb-A-Long Read-...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Fool's Fate - Chapters 31-35 5 24 Dec 05, 2016 03:27PM
Hobb-A-Long Read-...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Fool's Fate - Chapters 26-30 4 19 Dec 03, 2016 12:14AM
Hobb-A-Long Read-...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Fool's Fate - Chapter 1 - 5 3 27 Nov 22, 2016 07:48AM
Hobb-A-Long Read-...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Fool's Fate - Chapter 21-25 2 15 Nov 21, 2016 08:49PM
Hobb-A-Long Read-...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Fool's Fate - Chapters 16-20 2 14 Nov 19, 2016 04:29PM
  • Restoration (Rai-Kirah, #3)
  • Hidden Warrior (The Tamír Triad, #2)
  • The Limbreth Gate (Windsingers, #3)
  • The Charnel Prince (Kingdoms of Thorn and Bone, #2)
  • The Black Raven (The Dragon Mage, #2)
  • A Sword from Red Ice (Sword of Shadows, #3)
  • Lord of Emperors (The Sarantine Mosaic, #2)
  • Shadowrise (Shadowmarch, #3)
  • An Autumn War (Long Price Quartet, #3)
** I am shocked to find that some people think a 2 star 'I liked it' rating is a bad rating. What? I liked it. I LIKED it! That means I read the whole thing, to the last page, in spite of my life raining comets on me. It's a good book that survives the reading process with me. If a book is so-so, it ends up under the bed somewhere, or maybe under a stinky judo bag in the back of the van. So a 2 st ...more
More about Robin Hobb...

Tawny Man (3 books)
  • Fool's Errand (Tawny Man, #1)
  • Golden Fool (Tawny Man, #2)

“Home is people. Not a place. If you go back there after the people are gone, then all you can see is what is not there any more.” 868 likes
“In that last dance of chances

I shall partner you no more.

I shall watch another turn you

As you move across the floor.

In that last dance of chances

When I bid your life goodbye

I will hope she treats you kindly.

I will hope you learn to fly.

In that last dance of chances

When I know you'll not be mine

I will let you go with longing

And the hope that you'll be fine.

In that last dance of chances

We shall know each other's minds.

We shall part with our regrets

When the tie no longer binds.”
203 likes