Start by marking “The Blood of Cain” as Want to Read:
The Blood of Cain

Read Excerpt

The Blood of Cain

(Arcainian #1)

Teagan Dacre loves fast cars, loud music and beautiful women, however he carries a secret that keeps him isolated from the general population; he has strange silver eyes, heals really fast and hasn't aged in over a hundred years.

The darkest secret of all - he has a blood thirst that must be satisfied by each new moon.

Believing himself unique, Teagan's world gets turned u

Paperback, First, 193 pages
Published October 20th 2009 by Fireside Publications (first published October 9th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Blood of Cain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Blood of Cain

Start your review of The Blood of Cain
Kathy
Oct 28, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2011
The Blood of Cain mixes Christianity with fantasy for a very different kind of story. The vampire mythology in this book is unlike any I have ever read. The story focuses on the Biblical character Cain who is marked with silver eyes and is cursed to live his life alone until he inadvertently discovers a way to transform others. The story is told from the alternating perspective of Cain and modern day silver eyed Teagan. It's a face paced novel that could easily be read in one sitting.

Overall a w
Yin Chien 인첸
Dec 03, 2010 rated it really liked it
Cain was the firstborn child of Adam and Eve, and also the First Murderer. Many interpreters suggested that Cain is the embodiment of evil for murdering his own brother, Abel. In this novel, the author views him from a different perspective. Through this book, we learn that Cain actually committed the crime out of jealousy because God favoured Abel over him and wouldn't accept his offering. He sinned and regretted his crime for thousands of years, not having to chance to rest in peace for God la ...more
Marty Shaw
Oct 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing
The Blood of Cain is another of those books that made me pause when I realized the story centered around the Bible, but like 33 A.D., the story does an excellent job of balancing Christianity and fiction.

The author does a great job of weaving together two separate, but connected stories. On one hand, you have the story of Cain, the first murderer, whose story begins in 8,000 B.C.; on the other hand, you have Teagan, whose story takes place in modern times. The blending, and eventual intersection
Calum
Dec 21, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
Then the Lord said to Cain, ‘Where is your brother Abel?’ ‘I don’t know,’ he replied. ‘Am I my brother’s keeper?’ Genesis 4:9

‘The Blood of Cain’ by T.L. Gray, is probably one of the most thought provoking books that I have had the privilege of reading in quite a long time! The Blood of Cain is a marvellous work of fiction which can be either read as a simple and straight forward story, or as a story that has a very complex theological and thought provoking content.

The main protagonist within thi
Heather Kegler
Nov 03, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Cain murdered his brother, Abel. We've all heard the story. God turns his back on him and he is known for all time as the First Murderer. What if there's more to it than that? What if there's a chance for Cain's redemption? What if Cain finds a way to become immortal, surely he'll figure out how to make amends with God if he has all of time to search? Too late, Cain discovers immortality is the worst punishment God could have rendered.
Bearing witness to all of human history, Cain has carried his
ѦѺ™
Jul 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
"This be Damascus, be thou cursed Cain, To slay thy brother Abel, if thou wilt." - William Shakespeare, Henry VI Part 1

on a client's request, Teagan Dacre goes to an airport hangar to check on a delivery. when he gets there, he witnesses an innocent person get killed and the creature responsible leads Teagan to a world he never thought was possible but which may hold answers to his uncanny abilities and immortality.
combining traditional biblical stories, myths and a fertile imagination, author T
Ashley Knight
Mar 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
This book starts off incredibly strong - very engaging. I couldn't put it down. Teagan is young & handsome, strong. The story of Cain is well thought out & makes complete sense throughout the entire story - kudos to the author for forming such great back story! About 3/4ths through, the fire begins to fizzle for me with Teagans story & I found myself looking forward to switching back to Cain's. The killer was a surprise which is always good - very unexpected! I like the authors take on vampires ...more
Frank Allan Rogers
Nov 12, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Lots of twists and turns in this novel with a unique and fascinating take on the paranormal. The characters are not typical cardboard "vampires" but people with human feelings, emotions, and challenges who also battle the extra challenges of those who live forever. The story is spread over many centuries, but T. L. Gray's skill in handling the time span never confuses the reader.

This is one of those books where the characters outlive the story and leave the reader asking for more. But the autho
Marie Ward
Jul 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading The blood of Cain, a different twist to "Vampires", using the Bible! I can't wait to read "The Arcainians".
Vicki Sharpton
Nov 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Loved It!
Diana
Oct 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! It's a fast read without losing the heart and the hunt! Highly recommend it!!
Debra
Mar 10, 2010 rated it really liked it
I liked this book. Cain is the first vampire,it goes back in time and to the now. The characters in the story are interesting. Can't wait for the next book.
Craig
Feb 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
For every sin...there is a blood price to pay

Ms. Gray's fictional, descriptive account of Cain's life after his fall is riveting, and loaded with insights into his payday from a deadly sin. From the silvery mark to the blood price, the reader understands that his sin had a permanent mark.

The writing style is marvelously descriptive and puts the reader in the scene, feeling the breaths, feeling their sufferings. Cain's transformation was eloquently described, from the sweeping wind to jetting ove
Michael Lopez
Oct 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
The Blood of Cain is a fantasy thriller that transports the reader back and forth between the early times of original sin and modern-day dilemmas of conscience and existence.

T. L. Gray hooks the reader early on with a very inventive way how vampirism comes into being through Biblical interpretation wrapped around historical context.

Teagan Dacre, a main character, knows he is different from the rest of mankind, but he doesn't know how he got that way. His "new life" is a blur and a mystery. It ma
Christie
Dec 21, 2010 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Christie by: From the author for review
Shelves: read-in-2011
What a wonderful book! Author T.L Gray took the biblical story of Cain and turned it into a story of fantasy and suspense. Using a combination of present day events and flashbacks spanning thousands of years to tell this fascinating story. This isn’t the first time I’ve heard stories of Cain being the first vampire, but I truly loved her unique take.

The pacing of The Blood of Cain was ideal, and the characters were engaging and well developed. I also loved the many different settings the charact
Mary
Jun 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
T. L. Gray's "The Blood of Cain" captures the reader from the first sentence. The author's ability to bounce back and forth between the early days of Cain and the current adventures of Teagan is something that could have been distracting, but is achieved with seamless, concise, spell-binding writing.

The story of Cain and his children is one I'd highly recommend, and I'm eagerly awaiting the sequel!
Angela
Jul 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Review to come in a week :)
Cursed my college work!
I do enjoyed it and cannot wait to read the second one. I have so many questions on Blood of Cain and hopefully when I finish writing my review, I can get some of questions answer :D
Gigi
Dec 31, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
More like 3.5 stars.
Dorsi
Mar 07, 2011 rated it it was ok
The premise was great, the delivery was just okay for me. The characters & plot fell just a little bit flat. ...more
Jilda Leigh
Aug 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
An interesting read
Marilyn
Jan 22, 2011 rated it liked it
It was okay. Several typos that bugged me. I liked the Christianty added in, however.
Rita
joshua drain
rated it it was ok
Dec 08, 2015
T.L. Gray
Oct 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: authored
Contributing Writer at SongPlaces.com

Member of Carrollton Creative Writer's Club
Member of Atlanta Writers Club

Arcainian (2 books)
  • The Arcainians (Arcainian #2)