Start by marking “Just Another Day in Paradise” as Want to Read:
Just Another Day in Paradise

Just Another Day in Paradise (Fiddler and Fiora Mystery #1)

3.82  ·  Rating details ·  173 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
The delightful private eye team graces another mystery by the author of Money Burns. Divorced Fiddler and Fiora get along better than most married couples. When U.S. Customs Department agents start grilling Fiora's twin brother about his involvement in the Silicon Valley export business, the pair swings into action to save Danny from the Feds, his nemesis--and himself.
Published February 1st 1993 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published 1985)

To ask other readers questions about Just Another Day in Paradise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just Another Day in Paradise

Mark Birchall
Mar 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this first book in a new private eye husband and ex wife series . Moved along at a swift pace with plenty of action
LJ
JUST ANOTHER DAY IN PARADISE - Ex
Maxwell, A.E. - 1st in Fiddler and Fiora Series

Fiddler wasn't born to be a private eye. He isn't in the game for money; he has plenty of that. He isn't trying to prove he's sexy or tough; that comes naturally. He's just trying to get off his numb butt and even the score for people who deserve a decent break.

Like Fiddler's honey-blond ex-wife, Fiora. She's a woman as at home in a boardroom as in a bikini. Unfortunately, she never felt at home with Fiddler-except i
Mary
Nov 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I love this series. The main characters are divorced but still very much in love. The mysteries are clever, and the love story fantastic. Fiona is strong and feminine, Fiddler alpha and hot. And did I mention there's an all time great dog? I would highly recommend the entire series, start from the beginning. These were written by a husband and wife team who write by themselves under the names of Ann Maxwell aka Elizabeth Lowell and Evan Maxwell. I don't know why they stopped writing these books ...more
Kathi Sharp
Jun 28, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, kobo
Liked it. A little unusual coming from the man's point of view but I got used to it. The plot was complicated enough to keep me interested. The relationship part was a little dry but I believe there is a sequel.
Brenda Mengeling
1980s Southern California and Silicon Valley, private-investigator, noir mystery. I really enjoyed it when it was first released in the mid-1980s. It's weathered the time fairly well. It's a bit dated, and some scenes are drawn out too long to try to build tension.
Mark
Aug 15, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Supposedly the West Coast's answer to Robert Parker...I don't know about that...decent plot, OK asides, both personal and cultural and OK characters...I will read one more to see if we can get up to parker's standards
Laura Burns
Mar 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Enough to keep my interest.
Jun 13, 2012 rated it liked it
It is an ok beginning. I love this author writing as Elizabeth Lowell so I will read another and hope the series grows and lives up to my expectations of her style.
Marian
May 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book and the following in the series. The characters and their relationships were intriguing.
Ellen
Nov 29, 2008
Shane Savana
Sep 07, 2010
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • The Vanished (Nameless Detective, #2)
  • French Kissing
  • Damnation Street (Weiss & Bishop, #3)
  • Alternities
  • Finding Home
  • The Bad Always Die Twice (Nikki Harper Mysteries #1)
  • Tell Me No Lies
  • Katapult (Kat Colorado, #2)
  • The Hatbox Letters
  • The Trail to Buddha's Mirror (Neal Carey, #2)
  • The Eye of Jade (A Mei Wang Mystery, #1)
  • Multiple Wounds
  • Sight Unseen
(1)
collaboration of Ann Maxwell and Evan Maxwell

also aka Lowell Charters, Elizabeth Lowell, and Annalise Sun
More about A.E. Maxwell...

Fiddler and Fiora Mystery (8 books)
  • The Frog and the Scorpion (Fiddler and Fiora, #2)
  • Gatsby's Vineyard