Start by marking “Fire World (The Last Dragon Chronicles, #6)” as Want to Read:
Fire World (The Last Dragon Chronicles, #6)

Fire World

(The Last Dragon Chronicles #6)

After destroying a trace of dark fire, David, Zanna, and the Pennykettle dragons vanished. In a brand-new world, Co:per:nica, which runs parallel to that of Crescent Lane, firebirds roam the ancient librarium, a museum for books. But when 12-year-old David and Rosanna accidentally injure one of the firebirds, they are suddenly thrust into a remarkable adventure. The evil I ...more
Published April 26th 2011 by Orchard Books (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Fire World, please sign up.

Ty Crisp
Nov 13, 2011 rated it really liked it
For one of the few times in my life I am actually nearly at a loss for words. Expressing the boundless veneration I have for Fire World and its author seems daunting and nearly impossible. This was one of those rare times where I actually chewed a book before swallowing it, instead of devouring it outright. I cannot pretend to do justice to this book through a review, but as I am a writer, I am compelled to make the attempt.

Fire World is the sixth and most recent installment of the Last Dragon C
Amber
Aug 26, 2012 rated it did not like it
This is more of a review of the entire series but oh well. Personally I found the first two book intriguing and interesting I found myself liking very much david and Zanna as well as the family and the quirky dragons. The first book was most definetly my favourite because it was kept simple whilst still having a readable storyline, the second I liked to apart from having to read all that junk from the bears point of view which whilst yes I see as necessary was boring and lengthy.

After that in m
Michelle
Nov 29, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dragons, fantasy
I have just been more and more disappointed in this series, it has gotten so convoluted. We don’t pick up where Dark Fire left off. Instead this story follows a little boy named David on the world of Co:per:nica. There are vague parallels to the characters in all the previous books. Eventually there is some explanation of why we are following the characters in this world and how they connect to the characters in the other world, but it wasn’t enough to save this story especially at almost 600 pa ...more
Jenny
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-on-shelf
This series has definitely taken a turn for the strange, although in a good way. My thought still stands that this book is not a children's book like it is often advertised. The first book and possibly the second were, but the subsequent ones are not. The idea of an alternate universe that is probable is a big concept to wrap the mind around. While it may be confusing at first, it all ties together by the end.
But seriously, what drugs was d'Lacey on?
Barbie
Jun 27, 2012 rated it did not like it
This fantasy's summary made me want to read it to find out more about the firebirds, dragons, and the future world the characters inhabit, but I was very disappointed. I almost stopped reading it twice and should have. The author, Chris d'Lacey) had to explain too many times what was going on or had gone on. I don't think that would be necessary if the writing were better. It's unfortunate, too, because of the interesting ideas involved, such as the people of Copernica not reproducimg the tradit ...more
Joseph
Jun 03, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: school
Brett Hansen
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
Fireworld is quite different from the other books of the series, it is tied in distantly to the other books. This book takes place in a world somewhere between the ki:merra (ki:merra is a world of thought) and earth. David is a twelve year old boy and is having trouble in his sleep and they send him to a librarium so he can sleep better. The library is home to the director and Rosa. Over time David and Rosa are best friends, one day they're chasing each other over a book and when Rosa finally g
Natalie
Aug 01, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Ugggh!! Oh my heavens, I didn’t know how ANNOYING putting random colons in the middle of words could possibly be to me. Seriously I don’t care what place/time it’s set in. It should be computer and not com:puter, end of story. That’s just one example though. I found it mind numbingly boring to reread similar events to ones I’ve already read. It’s just the first books but the characters have different names! It’s not interesting. Honestly I just wanted to know know what happened to Earth David. W ...more
Sarah Wood
Jul 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
How do you wrap up a book like that in a paragraph or two?

We'll first it's awesome! It's thrilling in a way that isn't to fast. Like the characters handle everything amazingly. They twist and turn so smoothly, they never pull the rug out from under you.

And of course it takes place in the best setting ever!!! I mean come on a library that has a hundred and eight floors! I would love to live there. When we went to the library I said 'it's not the libraruim but it'll do.' And my sister asked me w
Krista
Jul 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Tiffany
Feb 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Oh goodness this book hade so excited the whole time.. Being in another time plane and everything!!! I feel all time traveled in a sense.. This was wonderful and anytime it mentioned anything from earth or I noticed the relevance of things that weren't I squealed. I loved this book and I am so excited to see what happens in the next one!!!
Krista
Jul 19, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I truly LOVED this book!!!!!!!! Chris D'Lacey is a downright GENIUS!!!!!!! This is my favorite book in the "Last Dragon Chronicles" so far!!!!! I can't wait for the next book!- Mr D'Lacey, if you're reading this, PLEASE hurry up with the next book!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sherry da Silva
I liked this book, but not as much as some others in the series. It was somewhat difficult to get used to the alternate reality and I kept expecting the characters to know things that they didn't. I would recommend this for anyone who has read and loved the series but it wasn't my favorite.
Jaylene
Jul 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
Sterrett Family
Dec 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jacob
[Jacob] I loved this book because the storyline was great and I loved the characters. 4 stars
Christopher
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ben
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was ok
This series started off great, but as it continued, it got too convoluted to truly enjoy, and before long, it went tonally awry from its beginnings.
Chris D’Lacey, an author who is great at plotting and outlining and weaving connections between the books, begins to develop a style that I can only describe as insufferable intellectual elitism. His books become vessels for a political agenda, and whereas he definitely has a love for books and libraries and such, he alludes to the idea that he may d
Aria
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned, 2019, middle-grade
I can’t tell you how ann:oying it is to ha:ve to read sen:tences where every other wo:rd is split in ha:lf by colons for some un:known rea:son.

Seriously, that stylistic choice has literally no reason or purpose and is never explained in any way.

This book isn’t unreadable or anything even though it was incredibly annoying and I’m gonna read the final book in this series out of my own need to be a completionist but jfc.

I don’t understand:

1) why this is like a parallel universe right but half the
Derek M
Mar 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
So when we start we are in Co:pern:ica with David as a young boy this David is a different one. His father talks to his sons counselor about a strange event that happened wale being asleep a "time portal",and how the way David thinks questions the Higher. So David gets sent to a librarium (a museum for books) to meet Rosanna and the curator Mr. Henry. Most of the time Rosanna and David are sorting the books, but one day they hurt a firebird. Wile this is happening David's father is trying to rec ...more
Allie Datko
Jan 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
This book continues the series's metaphor for the creative writing process and discusses the importance of reading to the development of a healthy imagination. In the characters' struggle to save the librarium that they have come to love, and by extension both their world and the world we have know up until this point, the explores the two extremes of an overactive imagination and one that has stagnated. The struggles that the characters face reflect the struggles of the previous five books, but ...more
Luna Lovebooks
Jun 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2017
This installment of The Last Dragon Chronicles is set on another planet—or at least a different dimension—called Co:pern:ica. It is a tad confusing to suddenly be thrown into another world, especially one so similar. I was expecting David Rain and Zana and Lucy and got their characters… only not. It is difficult to explain, and I’m not even going to try.

I missed the dragons, but I loved the firebirds! The reminded me of phoenixes, except these were brightly jewel-colored. Dragons do not play muc
Annika
Jul 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Anvi
Jan 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
David and the dragons are back in the latest installment in the NY times bestselling author.
After destroying a trace of dark fire, David Zanna, and the pennykettle dragons vanished.
In a brand new world Co:per:nica which runs parallel to that of Cresent lane, fire birds roam the ancient libraium, a museum for books.

Philina 時
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was ok
I loved this series and adored its characters. But I wish we could have a satisfying ending in the world and characters we know and developed feeling for instead of being pulled into a whole new world with almost no one we know.
If the change of world happened earlier, I think I would have accepted it more.
Leo Margetts
May 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the best book of the last dragon series and it is the second best book that I have read that has dragons in it. It starts with David in the world of the aunts and imagineers when he is just a 6/7 year old child. who has exceptionally high powers of imagineering.At the end he finds out who his mortal adversary is- Aunt Gwyneth.
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was phenomenal. I loved picturing the setting and the visions in my head were very vivid. I definitely recommend this book. It took you into a picturesque setting, yet still mysterious. Universes change. What an AMAZING book.
Kieran Gawn
Mar 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sylviane Stoltzman
While I like the idea of this book, it was slightly frustrating. I kept hoping we’d jump back to earth, but we never did. As a series fan, I guess I was hoping for our earth set of characters and dragons. Hopefully the next book will help the story be complete.
711Lukas
Oct 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a very interesting fantasy book. The details were incredible and most of the ideas were original and new.
Grace
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
one of the best book's is the sieres.

just can't wait to red the next one
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
non fiction 1 4 Oct 01, 2015 08:00PM
Who thinks the last two books are confusing 1 4 Dec 07, 2013 08:23PM
Do you understand it? 24 29 Jun 11, 2013 07:34AM

• Dragon Dawn (Dragon Keeper, #0.5)
  • Silvertongue (Stoneheart Trilogy, #3)
  • The Dragon of Never-Was (Hatching Magic, #2)
  • Diviner (Dragons of Starlight, #3)
  • The Dragon Prophecy (Dragonology Chronicles, #4)
  • Black Dragon Codex (Dragon Codices, #3)
  • Ultimate Magic (Merlin #8)
  • The Dragon's Apprentice (The Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica, #5)
  • Dragon Seer (Dragon Seer, #1)
  • City of Fire (City Trilogy, #1)
  • Other Worlds
  • The River of Wind (Guardians of Ga'Hoole, #13)
  • The Fall of the Templar (Grey Griffins, #3)
He was born in Valetta, Malta, but as a child moved first to Leicester and then to Bolton. After gaining a degree in biology from the University of York, he returned to Leicester and got a job at the University of Leicester in their Pre-Clinical Sciences department.
Originally his writing was confined to songs and he didn't turn to fiction until he was 32. His first piece of work was a 250,000 word

The Last Dragon Chronicles (7 books)
  • The Fire Within (The Last Dragon Chronicles, #1)
  • Icefire (The Last Dragon Chronicles, #2)
  • Fire Star (The Last Dragon Chronicles, #3)
  • The Fire Eternal (The Last Dragon Chronicles, #4)
  • Dark Fire (The Last Dragon Chronicles, #5)
  • The Fire Ascending (The Last Dragon Chronicles, #7)
“Everyone wants to believe in something that will make their mundane lives more bearable and their inevitable death less … final.” 6 likes