Start by marking “The Tangible Kingdom Primer: An Eight Week Guide To Incarnational Community” as Want to Read:
The Tangible Kingdom Primer: An Eight Week Guide To Incarnational Community

The Tangible Kingdom Primer: An Eight Week Guide To Incarnational Community

Published December 31st 2009 by Missio Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Tangible Kingdom Primer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Tangible Kingdom Primer

Start your review of The Tangible Kingdom Primer: An Eight Week Guide To Incarnational Community
Bob Ayres
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent guide for small group discussion on the topic. I actually read this before reading the book it is based on because someone gave me this primer. Content is rock-solid. I now turn to reading the Tangible Kingdom book with positive anticipation.
Lee
Mar 26, 2014 rated it liked it
The Tangible Kingdom Primer is a good introduction to incarnational community. if you're brand new to the ideas of missional communities and missional living, you'll probably get much more out of this book than if you're already familiar with the concepts, in which case you'll find it repetitious. I haven't read the Tangible Kingdom book, so i can't speak to whether or not this is a good continuation or summary of that work. Halter & Smay do an effective job laying the groundwork for ...more
Amanda Cook
Feb 18, 2011 is currently reading it
Reading through this book with my missional community. A lot to be learned from it. Helpful enough to me, that I decided to pick up the book as well (this is more a workbook sort, though it stands alone). The spiral binding and sturdy covers are great for something like this. A lot of the community days involve food though... great for building community, but not so good if you need to watch what you eat :D
Rebecca
I think his approach to looking as "God's Kingdom" outside the walls of the church is healthy and needs to be grappled with by many Christians and Christian leaders. I don't think, however, his lifestyle is quite as healthy as his ideology. He describes his home as "Grand Central Station", people living in his home all the time. How can you expect people to follow you to Jesus if you take away a sanctuary for your family? I wonder how his kids feel about there home being open to the world?
Kira
Jun 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
This was a very easy and interesting book to go through with my regroup. We learned so much about each other, and even though our regroup has grown and we don't spend as much time together, I feel as if I still have the closeness with those few people. I wish I could go through the primer again with some of the new people I have met over the past year.
Roxanne
Sep 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
We are doing this 8 week study at my church. It is an awesome learning book about being a part of your community, The book gives you tools to prepare your heart for mission. The second mission is to be a field guide for starting misson together. This is a primer to build lifelong habits. It is very good and it has homework and projects to do and questions to answer.
Rachel Potts
Jan 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
I have it for stars for its thought provoking questions but more for the eight weeks of community it created. It feels good to be a part of something amazing. I look forward to what our community will continue to do as it continues to grow.
Maja
Jul 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This is an awesome workbook. I can't wait to read the book it was developed from.
Catherine Mullaney
May 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Jesus Freaks
Recommended to Catherine by: Michael Sullivan
Shelves: following-jesus
I think you have to already be in love with the LORD JESUS CHRIST and be willing to do it with a group of friends in order to get the most of this "call to action" book.
Blake
Audrey Langford
Sep 27, 2015
Apr 30, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Hugh Halter is a pastor and popular author of numerous books including Flesh, The Tangible Kingdom, And, Sacrilege, and Primer. Hugh and Cheryl are presently enjoying the spoils of empty nest living but love to use their ranch as a haven of celebration, hospitality, and friendship to the lost and least on the south side of Denver.