Start by marking “Special Forces - Soldiers (Special Forces, #1)” as Want to Read:
Special Forces - Soldiers (Special Forces, #1)

Read Book

Special Forces - Soldiers

(Special Forces #1)

Special Forces is the story of a Scottish SAS soldier and a Soviet spetsnaz soldier. Two enemies who meet in the line of duty during the early days of the Soviet Union's last war in Afghanistan. Behind enemy lines respect and finally love grow ... but that's only the official version. This epic spans across over twenty-five years of their lives. It's harsh and violent, but ...more
Paperback, First Edition, 559 pages
Published March 17th 2010 by Camouflage Press (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Special Forces - Soldiers, please sign up.
Keesha Don't do it! Just stop where you are and enjoy pleasant memories from Special Forces. I made the mistake of going forward, and I was devastated.
Jordan Lombard I think I saw it was available for print at lulu.com. Otherwise, if you join the author's GR group, you might be able to find someone there who can pr…moreI think I saw it was available for print at lulu.com. Otherwise, if you join the author's GR group, you might be able to find someone there who can provide an ebook copy, though the author cannot.(less)

Start your review of Special Forces - Soldiers (Special Forces, #1)
Judith
5+Stars.Loved it.

BR with Andrea.

I really have no words to describe how amazing this book is.The story of two men on opposing sides opens with a harrowing scene.
The story here spans over 9 years(my favourite thing) and takes place during the Soviet War in Afghanistan.One of the things I was worried about was the war element but it was extremely well written,not overdone with just the right amount of detail needed for the story.

My emotions were all over the place reading this.It's gritty,violent,h
Shile
RE-Read Jan 2019

Buddy read with these awesome ladies! Jan, Judith, Moony and Xia

Location: 13768

Story: EPIC

Dan and Vadim! Vadim and Dam!

description

5 +++++++ Aye, My Cunt, My Russkie stars

description

I enjoyed reading this amazing story, where the word cunt is actually an endearment. These authors sucked me in.

“You...” just you, always you. My Russian cunt, my enemy, my comrade, my prisoner, my gaoler and my life. Words, unthinking. “Love...you.”

Vadim and Dan's story is epic. The chemistry between these two was of
Rosalinda *KRASNORADA*

"I met Vadim in 1980 under circumstances that I cannot repeat. We were hell-bent on destruction at first. Enemies: two soldiers, Soviet spetsnaz and British SAS. But it changed, [...], it all changed completely over the years"

This book, amig@s! HOLLY FREAKING HELL this book!There are NO words in ANY language to describe what I felt while reading this EPIC story.

Spectacular!
Outstanding.
Lyrical
Dark
Impressive
EPIC!!!
Real
Simply THE BEST!

SOLDIERS changed something in me. I am dead serious. I can’t t
Baba
5++++ stars.

Photobucket

Dan. Always.

"All is fair in love and war."
- by Francis Edward Smedley

"Hatred ever kills, love never dies. Such is the vast difference between the two. What is obtained by love is retained for all time. What is obtained by hatred proves a burden in reality for it increases hatred."
- by Mohandas K. Gandhi

Fantastic! A-mazing with a capital A. Honestly, Soldiers just blew me away.

Jan
Re-read Jan 2019
Read April 2014

******6 Stars ******

Dead. I'm dead.

Hands down the most brilliant, incredible, intense, powerful and realistic enemy to lovers story portrayed to date.
This first book spans across over 8 years of intense hate, pain, insane lust, passion, eroticism and love, making of Special Forces the most outstanding epic love story ever in my opinion.

I can’t even.
It consumed me whole.
A raw diamond in the middle of thousands forgettable books I have read in the past.

This book w

Susan
Sep 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow.

There was so much hype surrounding the entire Special Forces series that I was actually afraid to read it. After having finished Book 1 – Soldiers, I’m even more afraid than ever to move on. I am completely connected and immersed and bound to Dan and Vadim.

Aleksandr Voinov, who from this point onward in this review shall be referred to as “The Genius”, makes you EARN it in this book. It is an epic, sweeping, love story that spans years, but, not in the way where you just catch up with the c
LenaRibka

MUCH MUCH MORE THAN JUST 5 STARS!

I won't say WOW!

Because it is not enough.

Because it sounds trivially. banally, GENERALLY.

Because it is a way we use to talk about the books that we enjoyed, a kind of telling, "Hey, here is something that you have to read!"

This book is brutal and row.
It is distressing and cruel.
It is dramatic.
It is intense.
It is mesmerizingly insane.
It is painfully beautiful.
It is disturbingly poetical.
It is captivating.
It is incredibly hot.
It is intriguingly fateful.
Shelley
This was um, I am just..

Photobucket

Have you ever read something that changes your entire perspective on rating everything you have ever read before? Everything before this pales, I want to go back and change all my five stars to fours and fours to three's! This deserves to up there all on it's own. Nothing I have ever read compares to this!

I will think of something to say later, I promise. But just let me think for a bit first.

Fierce!!! that's what this is. I know what it is to fall in love with apost
JV (semi-hiatus)
"We’re both lost, comrade. We are in a war we don’t want to be in, we’re both on the wrong side of it, and all we get out of this is... Enough to keep me going."
I would give all the stars in the night sky for this book! This is absobloodylutely a hell of a rollercoaster ride from start to finish.

Two men. Two worlds apart. Death — their constant companion. Two enemies fighting a war — Special Forces soldiers, dispensable pawns under a command and performing their duties.

Vadim Petrovich Kras
Nick Pageant
Nov 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
BR with Mark.

Special Forces tells the story of Dan and Vadim, two soldiers on opposite sides during the Soviet war in Afghanistan. I'm going to use the same word a lot of people have used to describe this book - EPIC!

This is a roller-coaster ride. I started the book hating one of the guys and ended the book thinking he's one of the most romantic heroes I've ever had the pleasure of reading.

There are no tropes in this book, there is no romantic formula at work. This is a romantic adventure set o
Stacia (the 2010 club)
May 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Stacia (the 2010 club) by: Wendy F
3.5 stars.

I want you to do me a favor before you even read this review. I want you to think of every single thing that you know of which might offend or disturb you. Go ahead. Take a minute.

*cue elevator music while we wait*

You ready? Okay, now that you have your list, I want you to assume that most of your list is probably going to be covered in this book. I'm not kidding. There might be some limited spoilers ahead but these are the types of spoilers you'd want to know about before deciding whe
Literatures Movies
Holy. Fuck.

What a fucking ride.

When I went in, I didn't expect this book to be that good, but fuck me if this book did not blow my mind away. Even though this has the classic enemy-turned-lovers plot, the storyline is always unpredictable in the best way. Even the sex is unpredictable and that's saying a lot.

The connection between the two is out of this world. I feel everything. Every touch, every kiss. Their loss, fear, love, lust, hatred, want, need. Everything. Literally by the time I was d
Tara♥ {MindforBooks}

"There be dragons,
but there should be Nothing."

I knew going into this that it was going to be a rough ride, this book is much beloved and because of that it is almost impossible to go into it without at least having a vague idea of what's to come. I knew three things when I started 'Soldiers'.

1) Dan and Vadim's relationship is born due to a violent rape perpetrated by Vadim
2) As retribution for this rape Dan eventually tortures Vadim
3) That somehow, someway these two men would move from enem
Moony Eliver
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Moony by: many people, but mostly Jan :*
The puppet could only sever the strings and refuse to walk, not walk of its own free will.

This gritty, rough, intense story owns me. OWNS. ME.

Sometimes when I am as enveloped as I became with this one, reviewing it is hard. Really hard. I lose my words. One of my friends who's buddy reading this one with me suggested that I take some of my text messages to her and turn them into my review. So I'm going to give that a shot.

It doesn't get more intense than the setting for this love story, wher
Mel
Oct 24, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Despite all the upcoming praise, this review won’t do the book justice. Not by far. But I’m still going to try and explain why and how much I liked this story.

It was FANTASTIC! Mind-boggling. Brutal. Horrific. Amazing. Sweet. Heart rending. Most of all: it was intense. One can’t read this book without being affected by it.
Vadim and Dan capture you from the very beginning. And not in any charming and fluffy way. These men are tough, hardened. They are soldiers, survivors. They do the most horrib
Xia Xia
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Xia Xia by: Jan, Moony, Shile
This book is the perfect example that when the plot is strong and the character development out of this world, typos and other editing issues can just go fuck themselves.

After my friends Jan, Moony and Shile, especially Jan (thank you ladies) spent 24 hrs to convince me to join the buddy read, I reluctantly agreed to give this monster -- which is the size of 4 books -- a try.

Little did I expect it to start with a flash down my memory lane to the stories told by my grandparents from when the Rus
Natasha
Oct 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
AND THEN THEY LIVED HAPPILY EVER AFTER.
THE END.
NO MORE. LAST BOOK.

GLAD EVERYTHING ENDED WELL.

GREAT READ. WILL READ AGAIN.
Em

He’d do anything, absolutely everything for this man, suck him, kill, kill himself, run away, be something else, anything else, everything just blurred, darkness, a place inside that only held him and Dan. Nobody else, nothing else, no time, no place, no affiliations, no past, no future.

Read in October 2012
This book makes me regret some of the 5 star reviews I have given out in the past. Whilst I have absolutely loved those books and really enjoyed reading them at the time, they are not in the
Lenore
I should start by admitting that it took me some time to get used to the style and rhythm. But once I did, I couldn't put it down for the life of me.

And I still think this book could benefit from some additional editing. It could make the difference between a rough diamond and a polished masterpiece.

But still. This is hands down the most powerful read of the year for me. And easily one of the most powerful books I've ever read.
Whatever I say about the emotions Vadim and Dan evoked in me won't be
* A Reader Obsessed *
I find it hard to say something new about this book that others haven't already said. It is by far THE most painstaking, meticulous, step by brutal step portrayal of a relationship between enemies that slowly evolves into something more - something that becomes each other's reason for surviving/living/being. This book will make you flinch, cringe, anticipate the worst, and hope for the best. You too will experience the hate, fear, doubt, loneliness, anger, yearning, pain, desperation, comfort, a ...more
⊱ Poppy ⊰
T H I S B O O K
M Y H E A R T
D E A D

1008 Pages- Still not enough!! MORE.WANT.MORE!!
RENDERED SPEECHLESS !!
This was just BRILLIANT.
Don't think any other word can describe it well.

"Vadim & Dan will always be the characters i'll remember all my life."

"Fuck me, hurt me, use me, give me a reason to be angry, to hate.
Give me a reason to go on with this shit, to kill, destroy, survive.
Give me more than just a fucking joke of a military order. "Give me a
Breann
What a journey. What an epic, heartbreaking, raw, brutal, devastating, beautiful journey.

Soldiers spans over about 10 years. It spans the time it took these enemy soldiers to come to terms with how they feel and who they are. This wasn’t particularly fast paced or action packed, there was such a slow build in their relationship that I didn’t even know what was happening. To me, I mean. I didn’t know what was happening to me until BAM! all these emotions were just hitting me. I was so completely
Steph
Well I have spent the last half hour staring at my computer screen wondering... Just where the hell do I start? How can my words, possibly describe the way I felt whilst reading this book? How do I tell others about the impact that this incredible story had on my life?
The honest answer is I don't think I can. So I will just write whatever pops into my head and hope that it works out. LOL

I am going to try and make sure this review has no real spoilers, but it will have quotes from the book...
Hollis
What can one even say about this experience.

SPECIAL FORCES : SOLDIERS is like.. nine hundred pages of triggers, death, violence, abuse, sex, violence, darkness, hey, did I say violence; this is not a read for everyone. Sometimes it wasn't even for me. This is a long, repetitive, dialogue-cringey epic of real, true, enemies-to-lovers the likes I've never experienced before. But it's also epic in the sense of like real, true, character growth. Overcoming unspeakable odds. Moments of decency despi
Virginia Cavanillas
Jan 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgtb, rambles, dark-ish
For those who haven’t read this golden piece of work: The ebook version of this series is available for free download here: http://www.marquesate.org/special-for.... Aleksandr Voinov creates and co-wrote this amazing story but the books are no longer available on his website.

And now, the longest rambling ever...

A love story that doesn’t know about frontiers, sides or conventionalism. A love story beyond bullets, flags, loyalties and countries. A love story bigger than hate, need and desperation.
Isabel
Aleksandr Voinov and Marquesate deserve a standing ovation! They have written a brilliant book, a book absolutely unforgettable, to which I would give 1000 stars if I could. Mind-blowing!!!!

A brilliant writing, a hard and cruel scenario, an intense love and two magnificent men, so different and yet so similar! From different countries, fighting for opposite sides, but so attracted to each other.

photo untitled_zps2cb57ea2.png

I'll be eternally in love with Vadim and Dan! A love that was born in a war scenario, dramatic and
Monique
Jun 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbt
Sorry...I added the wrong book as I read the directors cut! Dizzy!!

It can be found http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...
Starr (AKA Bam Bam) Rivers
I sometimes do this - start reviews before I'm finished reading... This is one of those books.

I'm currently at 40%... it's been a LONG 40%. This series overall is 3338 pages!! I'm on the first however many hundred. I feel like I've already read a novel's worth, so I have things to say.

**********SPOILERS AHEAD**********

First: THE RAPE. It was real and it was BRUTAL and there were 2 of them vs. one of Dan. There's no "excuse" what Vadim did. This isn't a NICE book. They are soldiers and completely
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
Dec 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️ by: Rosalinda *KRASNORADA*
OH. MY. GAWD. "5 Intense, Raw, Gutted Stars!"

photo 6ae1482c6940a1b82f7f2ad6944207d2_zps636ec6d5.jpg

WOW! You know that feeling when you're just tapping into a book and you think, "This one is going to gut me. I can feel it." Well, Special Forces- Soldiers is one of those books for me. Actually, it's THE book for me. The book, story, characters that'll stick in my head for years to come. It's that all-encompassing... and I've only tapped the surface of their story.

Dan McFadyen is a Scottish SAS soldier stationed in Afghanistan where he runs int
John The Cosmic Wanderer
Sep 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m, favorites
Damn! WOW! This was just out of this world! The writing style took me awhile to get used to but I just got invested with these two men. I couldn't get them out of my mind when Im not reading!! It was just intense! And the things they say to each other, it was heartbreaking, painful and romantic. I cried buckets!! This was AMAZING in every sense of the word! One of the best Ive ever read!

Dan and Vadim 7 133 Mar 30, 2019 01:05PM
Romance, Historic...: Special Forces Buddy Read 331 183 Nov 27, 2012 04:25PM

• Love is a Stranger (More Heat Than the Sun, #1)
  • Mind Fuck (The Administration, #1)
  • Latakia
  • The Interludes (In the Company of Shadows, #3)
  • Iblis’ Affliction
  • Zero at the Bone (Zero at the Bone #1)
  • Call the Coroner (Staniel, #1)
  • Thrown Off the Ice
  • Fade (In the Company of Shadows, #4)
  • Love of the Egoist (Egoist #1)
  • Evenfall (In the Company of Shadows, #1)
  • Catch a Ghost (Hell or High Water, #1)
  • Cut & Run (Cut & Run, #1)
  • Conscious Decisions of the Heart (More Heat Than the Sun, #2)
  • Heated Rivalry (Game Changers, #2)
  • I'll Be Your Drill, Soldier
  • Bloodraven (Bloodraven, #1)
  • Secrets & Lies

Special Forces (4 books)
  • Special Forces - Mercenaries Part I (Special Forces, #2 part 1)
  • Special Forces - Mercenaries Part II (Special Forces, #2 part 2)
  • Special Forces - Veterans (Special Forces, #3)