Start by marking “Farscape: Scorpius Vol. 1” as Want to Read:
Farscape: Scorpius Vol. 1

Farscape: Scorpius Vol. 1 (Farscape - Graphic Novels & Comics)

3.94  ·  Rating details ·  80 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
"I long ago learned the advantages of patience."- Scorpius

A solo Scorpius graphic novel series, sure to excite and energize all of Farscape fandom! A frightening, black-leather clad presence with a face like a skull--the half breed Scorpius--takes his villainy to new heights. Crichton's worst adversary, fandom favorite villain, and one of science fictions greatest antagon

Published November 9th 2010 by BOOM! Studios (first published November 2nd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Farscape, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Farscape

Karissa
Jun 01, 2011 rated it liked it

I got a copy of this from BEA years ago. I was a huge fan of the Farscape Sci-Fi series when it was on and was curious to see what this Scorpius graphic novel spin-off would bring. I finally sat down and read through it, it was a quick read and honestly a bit disappointing.

The graphic novel starts with Scorpius abandoned on an ice world. We get some flashbacks to his past, that were a bit confusing because they aren’t marked as such. Then suddenly a huge armada of aliens land on his abandoned p
Andrew
Jun 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing
To start things off, this takes place after Rigel recovers his crown on Hyneria and banishes Scorpius from Hynerian space. Things pick up some time later to find Scorpius has crashed on a frozen wasteland with little hope of rescue. His behavior is textbook Scorpius - that is to say, it's insane and maniacal. Interspersed throughout are flashbacks to his time with the Scarrans and Peacekeepers, recounting lessons he learned and puts to use in his present predicament.

There's some interesting twis
Chris Miller
I've always loved Scorpius as a character. I'm fairly certain he is my favorite villain of all time--if he is a villain at all...

It was really interesting to see how he went from being banished from Hyneria, to leading part of the attack on the Uncharted Territories for the Kkore. In the main arc of the Farscape comics this transition isn't explained, and you're left to wonder what schemes he orchestrated in order to survive. In this comic you learn about his journey, and it's very well done--mo
Amanda
Sep 05, 2014 rated it liked it
I re-read all of these in the summer while blitzkrieging for a game. I still find myself feeling about the same for the Farscape franchize comics/graphic novels as I ever did. They are sometimes well written, but the art is really sad (because I just love the show and actors so much). Some of the stories meander too much, and Aeryn's ending still gets to me in a way where I don't absolutely agree that's where she should have ended up. But it was a fun summer reread.
Dustin
Sep 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
I've always been a huge fan of Farscape, and I always thought Scorpius was one of the better characters on the show. This fills in some of his back story while also adding a new threat to the Farscape franchise. As always it's awesome to see Scorpius scheme and turn a defeat like being stranded on an ice planet into a victory.
Denise
Nov 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2013
After being banished from Hyneria and getting stuck on an ice planet, Scorpius uses an unexpected discovery to get right back into scheming and planning - which is always fun to see. These stories tie in with the ongoing regular Farscape graphic novels series and add some interesting background for it.
Jutta
Dec 25, 2012 rated it liked it
uuummm, its odd seeing these characters as comics. i'm still adjusting. will withhold opinion till later.
Michael
Apr 04, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
Well-written and well-drawn, it's great to get a story where one of the greatest characters in sci-fi gets to take center stage. I really dug the cinematic quality of the opening sequence, too.
Cheryl
Sep 09, 2014
Chris Ellison
Mar 16, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Rockne S. O'Bannon is a television producer and writer. He is the creator of the science fiction movie Alien Nation, television shows seaQuest DSV, The Triangle and Farscape. He is married with one daughter and two sons - all three children adopted from Russia. He resides in California, USA.[citation needed]

O'Bannon grew up in a home influenced by the film industry. The son of a gaffer, he was sur
More about Rockne S. O'Bannon

Farscape - Graphic Novels & Comics (8 books)
  • Farscape Vol. 1: The Beginning of the End of the Beginning