Start by marking “Farscape: Scorpius Vol. 1” as Want to Read:
Farscape: Scorpius Vol. 1

Farscape: Scorpius Vol. 1 (Farscape - Graphic Novels & Comics)

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  60 ratings  ·  7 reviews
"I long ago learned the advantages of patience."- Scorpius

A solo Scorpius graphic novel series, sure to excite and energize all of Farscape fandom! A frightening, black-leather clad presence with a face like a skull--the half breed Scorpius--takes his villainy to new heights. Crichton's worst adversary, fandom favorite villain, and one of science fictions greatest antagon

Published November 9th 2010 by BOOM! Studios (first published November 2nd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Farscape, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Farscape

Andrew
To start things off, this takes place after Rigel recovers his crown on Hyneria and banishes Scorpius from Hynerian space. Things pick up some time later to find Scorpius has crashed on a frozen wasteland with little hope of rescue. His behavior is textbook Scorpius - that is to say, it's insane and maniacal. Interspersed throughout are flashbacks to his time with the Scarrans and Peacekeepers, recounting lessons he learned and puts to use in his present predicament.

There's some interesting twis
Bludhaven
So far I lied all of the Farscape graphic novels from Boom! Studios. The series should have had so many more amazing seasons!

After being stranded on a planet all by himself (talking only to his little pet he calls "John") Scorpius makes his escape back to space when an alien ship lands on his doorstep. Through intrigue and deception he ge gets to be part of the crew and discovers an invasion force that could threaten the Uncharted territoies.

Solid sci-fi entertainment, solid art albeit not overl
Amanda
I re-read all of these in the summer while blitzkrieging for a game. I still find myself feeling about the same for the Farscape franchize comics/graphic novels as I ever did. They are sometimes well written, but the art is really sad (because I just love the show and actors so much). Some of the stories meander too much, and Aeryn's ending still gets to me in a way where I don't absolutely agree that's where she should have ended up. But it was a fun summer reread.
Dustin
I've always been a huge fan of Farscape, and I always thought Scorpius was one of the better characters on the show. This fills in some of his back story while also adding a new threat to the Farscape franchise. As always it's awesome to see Scorpius scheme and turn a defeat like being stranded on an ice planet into a victory.
Denise
After being banished from Hyneria and getting stuck on an ice planet, Scorpius uses an unexpected discovery to get right back into scheming and planning - which is always fun to see. These stories tie in with the ongoing regular Farscape graphic novels series and add some interesting background for it.
Michael
Well-written and well-drawn, it's great to get a story where one of the greatest characters in sci-fi gets to take center stage. I really dug the cinematic quality of the opening sequence, too.
Jutta
uuummm, its odd seeing these characters as comics. i'm still adjusting. will withhold opinion till later.
DEJEAN
DEJEAN marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2015
Donna
Donna marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2015
Taraya
Taraya marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2015
Tami
Tami marked it as to-read
May 31, 2015
Franny
Franny marked it as to-read
May 27, 2015
Jean Da silva
Jean Da silva marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2015
Kristine
Kristine marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2015
Michelle Richter
Michelle Richter marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
LadyDamonayde
LadyDamonayde marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2015
Rhianon Visinsky
Rhianon Visinsky marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2015
Fiona
Fiona marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
Mike
Mike marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Jess
Jess marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2015
Joan
Joan marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Christina Broderick
Christina Broderick marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Rockne S. O'Bannon is a television producer and writer. He is the creator of the science fiction movie Alien Nation, television shows seaQuest DSV, The Triangle and Farscape. He is married with one daughter and two sons - all three children adopted from Russia. He resides in California, USA.[citation needed]

O'Bannon grew up in a home influenced by the film industry. The son of a gaffer, he was sur
More about Rockne S. O'Bannon...

Farscape - Graphic Novels & Comics (8 books)
  • Farscape Vol. 1: The Beginning of the End of the Beginning
  • Farscape Vol. 2: Strange Detractors
  • Farscape Vol. 3:  Gone and Back
  • Farscape Vol. 4: Tangled Roots
  • Farscape Vol. 5: Red Sky At Morning
  • Farscape Vol. 6: Compulsions: Compulsions
  • Farscape Vol. 7: War for the Uncharted Territories, Part 1
  • Farscape Vol. 8: War For The Uncharted Territories Part 2
Farscape Vol. 1: The Beginning of the End of the Beginning Farscape Vol. 2: Strange Detractors Farscape Vol. 3:  Gone and Back Farscape Vol. 4: Tangled Roots Farscape Vol. 6: Compulsions: Compulsions