Start by marking “Farscape: Scorpius Vol. 1” as Want to Read:
Farscape: Scorpius Vol. 1

Farscape: Scorpius Vol. 1 (Farscape - Graphic Novels & Comics)

3.92  ·  Rating Details  ·  66 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
"I long ago learned the advantages of patience."- Scorpius

A solo Scorpius graphic novel series, sure to excite and energize all of Farscape fandom! A frightening, black-leather clad presence with a face like a skull--the half breed Scorpius--takes his villainy to new heights. Crichton's worst adversary, fandom favorite villain, and one of science fictions greatest antagon

Published November 9th 2010 by BOOM! Studios (first published November 2nd 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Farscape, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Farscape

Karissa
Oct 11, 2015 Karissa rated it liked it

I got a copy of this from BEA years ago. I was a huge fan of the Farscape Sci-Fi series when it was on and was curious to see what this Scorpius graphic novel spin-off would bring. I finally sat down and read through it, it was a quick read and honestly a bit disappointing.

The graphic novel starts with Scorpius abandoned on an ice world. We get some flashbacks to his past, that were a bit confusing because they aren’t marked as such. Then suddenly a huge armada of aliens land on his abandoned p
Andrew
Sep 02, 2011 Andrew rated it it was amazing
To start things off, this takes place after Rigel recovers his crown on Hyneria and banishes Scorpius from Hynerian space. Things pick up some time later to find Scorpius has crashed on a frozen wasteland with little hope of rescue. His behavior is textbook Scorpius - that is to say, it's insane and maniacal. Interspersed throughout are flashbacks to his time with the Scarrans and Peacekeepers, recounting lessons he learned and puts to use in his present predicament.

There's some interesting twis
Bludhaven
So far I lied all of the Farscape graphic novels from Boom! Studios. The series should have had so many more amazing seasons!

After being stranded on a planet all by himself (talking only to his little pet he calls "John") Scorpius makes his escape back to space when an alien ship lands on his doorstep. Through intrigue and deception he ge gets to be part of the crew and discovers an invasion force that could threaten the Uncharted territoies.

Solid sci-fi entertainment, solid art albeit not overl
Amanda
Dec 07, 2014 Amanda rated it liked it
I re-read all of these in the summer while blitzkrieging for a game. I still find myself feeling about the same for the Farscape franchize comics/graphic novels as I ever did. They are sometimes well written, but the art is really sad (because I just love the show and actors so much). Some of the stories meander too much, and Aeryn's ending still gets to me in a way where I don't absolutely agree that's where she should have ended up. But it was a fun summer reread.
Dustin
Sep 11, 2011 Dustin rated it really liked it
Shelves: tie-in, sci-fi, comic
I've always been a huge fan of Farscape, and I always thought Scorpius was one of the better characters on the show. This fills in some of his back story while also adding a new threat to the Farscape franchise. As always it's awesome to see Scorpius scheme and turn a defeat like being stranded on an ice planet into a victory.
Denise
Nov 21, 2013 Denise rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2013
After being banished from Hyneria and getting stuck on an ice planet, Scorpius uses an unexpected discovery to get right back into scheming and planning - which is always fun to see. These stories tie in with the ongoing regular Farscape graphic novels series and add some interesting background for it.
Michael
Apr 05, 2011 Michael rated it really liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
Well-written and well-drawn, it's great to get a story where one of the greatest characters in sci-fi gets to take center stage. I really dug the cinematic quality of the opening sequence, too.
Jutta
Feb 02, 2013 Jutta rated it liked it
uuummm, its odd seeing these characters as comics. i'm still adjusting. will withhold opinion till later.
Brent
Brent marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2016
Belsum
Belsum added it
Jan 25, 2016
Jason
Jason rated it liked it
Jan 21, 2016
Sraedi
Sraedi marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2015
Neal
Neal marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2015
BrokenMnemonic
BrokenMnemonic rated it liked it
Nov 24, 2015
Madi Wilkinson
Madi Wilkinson marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2015
A-Dro Chin
A-Dro Chin is currently reading it
Oct 17, 2015
Raymond
Raymond rated it it was amazing
Oct 04, 2015
Ryan
Ryan added it
Sep 14, 2015
David Mack
Sep 14, 2015 David Mack rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2015
Liz Jane
Liz Jane marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2015
Mx1602
Mx1602 rated it liked it
Jul 08, 2015
DEJEAN
DEJEAN marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2015
Donna
Donna marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2015
Taraya
Taraya marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2015
Tami
Tami marked it as to-read
May 31, 2015
Franny
Franny marked it as to-read
May 27, 2015
Thomas
Thomas rated it really liked it
Oct 08, 2015
Mike Sams
Mike Sams rated it really liked it
May 09, 2015
Jeannette
Jeannette rated it really liked it
May 05, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Rockne S. O'Bannon is a television producer and writer. He is the creator of the science fiction movie Alien Nation, television shows seaQuest DSV, The Triangle and Farscape. He is married with one daughter and two sons - all three children adopted from Russia. He resides in California, USA.[citation needed]

O'Bannon grew up in a home influenced by the film industry. The son of a gaffer, he was sur
More about Rockne S. O'Bannon...

Farscape - Graphic Novels & Comics (8 books)
  • Farscape Vol. 1: The Beginning of the End of the Beginning