Start by marking “The Playbook: Suit up. Score chicks. Be awesome.” as Want to Read:
The Playbook: Suit up. Score chicks. Be awesome.

The Playbook: Suit up. Score chicks. Be awesome.

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  2,311 ratings  ·  193 reviews
Bestselling author of The Bro Code, Barney Stinson of How I Met Your Mother fame, presents The Playbook—like Neil Strauss’s The Game for Bros, The Playbook offers advice on the many creative and resourceful ways Barney’s developed to wine, dine, and score with “The Ladies.”

Published October 5th 2010 by Touchstone (first published October 1st 2010)

Peter Meredith
I first came upon The Playbook, by Barney Stinson in the humor section of my local book store, which upon reflection was obviously a titanic mistake. This is not a funny book. No, not at all. The Playbook is pure enlightenment. It's wisdom is Ghandi-esque. It's what everyman has ever looked for. It's a proven step by step guide on how to score with chicks...I mean women. It's results are nothing short of astounding.
Don't believe me?
Here is a picture of a typical girl I dated before reading The P
Anzu The Great Destroyer
Aug 04, 2011 Anzu The Great Destroyer rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who have a good sense of humor
LEGEN – wait for it – DARY!

Yep! Another awesome book brought to us by Barney Stinson and Matt Kuhn. Loved it!

Since bros have some problems hooking up with chicks, our greatest hero, Barney Stinson, made a prodigious gift to all bros around and gave them the grand and magical Playbook. Now each us will be able to go out, hit some pubs and trick mindless females into engaging in an insignificant (at least for one side of the party) act of coitus. Hip-hip-hurrah!

Barney is one of the funniest charac
Keri Payton
(From my blog: Quill Café)

In accordance with the FTC, I would like to disclose that I purchased this book. The opinions expressed are mine and no monetary compensation was offered to me by the author or publisher.

Suit up. Score chicks. Be awesome.

After listening to the audio book for 'The Bro Code,' I had to have more of Barney Stinson’s sexist humour and creative wit.

In this volume, there are plenty of "plays" which demonstrate ways in which poor schmucks can attempt to get some.

Each play inclu
Biena (The Library Mistress)
Absolutely FUNNY. No scrap that, it's LEGEN - wait for it- DARY!
Noodar Yasmeen
Since the dawn of history man has searched for the answer to the most fundamental of questions: “Why am I here . . . not banging chicks?”

The search is over. Now, with the help of The Playbook, you’ll be able to approach any beautiful woman, discover her innermost passion, and use that to trick her into sleeping with you. You’ll master more than 75 seduction techniques, developed by pickup guru and all-around good guy Barney Stinson, guaranteed to turn you into a bona fide ladies’ man.

WOW! The bo
[image error]

I can't explain how much I enjoyed this book. I probably shouldn't have, as a woman. But it was just so funny! I could just hear Barney Stinson reading the book out loud to me. And the sad thing was, I remembered quite a few of these plays from the televsion show! If you're a fan of the show, this is a must-read. If you're not, then you shoudl read it anyway, because it's hilarious!
E.V.Franzmnn E.V.Franzmnn

This is a fun book and Barney is just the best. I kept laughing all trough the crazy plays and it was really enjoyable. I'm a fan of the series and when I've seen this cover I knew I just had to have it. After a massive school year I needed a break from the tension and this was just what the doctor prescribed.
This book is just like its creator: awesome!!!! But there's nothing like watching Barney act the plays.
I recommend this book to everyone that wants to laugh wile learn how to pick up chick

I want to say that this book is LEGEN-wait-for-it-DARY wasn't.

The playbook is an absolutely hilarious book with all the well known plays (and some new ones) and all of them are great and would totally work on girls. Or not... Use The Playbook at your own risk.

I think this book was published sometime during season 6, so, it didn't have my all time favorite play in it (view spoiler). Maybe that's why I wasn't as wowed as I thought I would be.

Nevertheless, I
El libro es gracioso, y tiene una sección de consejos para mujeres, pero no es nada imprescindible (tal vez el que no fuera super fan de HIMYM influyo en que no me fuera "espectacular"), pero a todas luces el personaje de Barrney se trasluce y reconoce, así que si es que siempre deseaste ser un don juan empedernido como el he aquí sus trucos.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

P.D. No había reparado en la utilidad del papel aluminio en las artes amorosas
Jan 13, 2015 Zei rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: ebooks
well this was a fun can really sense the caracter of Barney behind it.
I suppose it would make a stupid and embarassing gift for one of your "bros" haha
Júlia Ferreira
This is such a fun read for every How I Met Your Mother fan! How can you not love Barney? ;)
Elyse Hdez
Voy a hacer un resumen del libro: jajajajá. No por nada este libro resume todo el éxito de Barney Stinson. El apartado para las mujeres me mató de risa, tiene todo el toque del personaje y es por eso que los que somos fans de HIMYM lo disfrutamos tanto.
3,5 stars

Just Barney being Barney :D
Perry Reed
If you like How I Met Your Mother, you'll love this book. It contains "every scam, con, hustle, hoodwink, gambit, flimflam, strategem, and bamboozle [Barney Stinson has] ever used or ever hope[s] to use to pick up chicks and give them the business."

Most of the plays in the playbook are lifted directly from the TV show, but that doesn't make them any less fun -- or funny -- to read.

This is the second book by Barney Stinson (yes, the character is listed as the author) that I've read and I highly r
Oh my goodness I love this book.
It's still a novelty book so I'm not going to go all that high with my rating but I did love it.

I feel like I should say that this book is legen -wait for it- dary but come on. I'm not going to quote one of my favorite shows of all time that ended in a way that I hate and will have to live with the fact that I hated the finale for the rest of my life (what).

Enjoying The Book
Success Rate: 99%
Attracts: Chicks who read books and watches HIMYM
Requirements: The Playboo
closer to 2.5 than 3
I don’t know. Maybe I’m just stupid or too ignorant but I don’t get the “funny aspect” of this book. I used to enjoy watching the show HIMYM (until season 5) and I just loved its humor and everything. And I chose this book because of great reviews where words like “amazing” and “hilarious” showed up. But.. I don’t know… Although it was a light reading etc. I found it lame sometimes even boring. 2,5 stars for those few (maybe 10) lines that really makes me laugh.
Heba Mohamed
hahahaha :D it was nice to be in barney's mind again after " how i met your mother " ended :D

i tried to get that book audio but i couldn't :(

i love that show and when i knew that the playbook and the bro code are actually out there i was too excited to read them :D

some of the plays are done in the show already .. and some of them just been mentioned

but it was nice to finally read .. the playbook :D

We can obviously conclude that The Playbook is a book used for recreation or humor. However, I don't think I would've ever read it if I weren't an avid fan of How I Met Your Mother, from which I learnt about the magnificent playbook. Even though 80% of the plays there aren't applicable in reality, I don't think that there are obstacles that might stop us from simulating one. ;P
Only funny if you watch How I Met Your Mother, it's like listening to an extended episode all about Barney's 'plays'. I listened to it on audiobook, so I imagine it would also not be as funny reading yourself, as Barney's story-telling voice is what makes it entertaining.
Being a big How I Met Your Mother fan, I have to say that I loved this book. It was hilariously funny, though I know that if a guy tried any of these plays on me... well. Let's just say the scam's aren't 100% fullproof! Still. A cute and very quick read.
Dec 06, 2010 Iyah marked it as to-read
Okay, I'm not a lesbian or something, but I've watched a few episodes of How I met your mother,and it never failed to give me a laugh. Barney Stinson's philosophy is-yes, mostly sexual-funny.
Muy rápido y fácil de leer.

Bastante divertido.

Awesome, just like Barney.
Siskoid Albert
Barney Stintson's The Playbook is an amusing bathroom reader from the world of How I Met Your Mother. Like the similar Bro Code, it has its roots in the popular sitcom, though in this case, there's far more material you'll recognize from the show. Barney DOES, after all, use the Playbook a lot even when it's not mentioned outright. Even if you do recognize many of the plays, the style of writing adds a lot of jokes (in Barney's trademark sexist voice) and is as good an example of "lad culture" h ...more
Les Chroniques Aléatoires
Nous voici en présence de notre troisième guide et cette fois, huhuhuhu, on augmente le level. Oui oui messieurs, dieu Barney nous apprends à être LE Bro ultime ou plus communément, quel Bro peut pécho quelle nana. Et oui, un simple Bro ne peut pas draguer n’importe qui sans un minimum de connaissance du terrain et de préparation, sinon c’est la claque ou le vent assuré. Et pour éviter ce genre de connerie, Barney donne des trucs et astuce s à suivre avec grande précaution. Vous découvriez qu’il ...more

Seit Anbeginn der Menschheit suchen Männer fieberhaft nach einer Antwort auf die drängende Frage »Warum bin ich hier ... und nicht im Bett einer heißen Braut?« Die Suche hat endlich ein Ende! Mithilfe des Playbook wird es jedem Kerl gelingen, auf schöne Frauen zuzugehen, ihre wahren Wünsche zu entdecken und diese zu nutzen, um die Mädels herumzukriegen.

Zum Autor:
Matt Kuhn ist einer der Autoren der amerikanischen TV-Sitcom How I Met Your Mother. Vier von fünf Staffeln der Erfolg
Als großer Fan der TV-Serie How I Met Your Mother staunte ich nicht schlecht, als ich bei meinem Gang durch meine Lieblingsbuchhandlung auf zwei Bücher stieß, die ich natürlich sofort haben musste! Eines davon war "Das Playbook - Spielend leicht Mädels klarmachen!" auch wenn ich denke, der engliche Titel "The Playbook. Suit Up. Score Chicks. Be Awesome." klingt tausendmal besser und passender, vorallem wenn man Barney Stinson kennt!

Barney ist eine fiktive Person aus der oben genannten TV-Serie u
Behnam Riahi
The following review has been copied from

The Playbook, written by Matt Kuhn (aka, Barney Stinson) and published by Touchstone, is a 2nd person how-to parodying guides to pick-up women. Barney Stinson, a fictional character popularized by the television show, How I Met Your Mother, is at it again with another book—but this one isn’t about being the best bro you can be, like his former works, The Bro Code and Bro On The Go. This is an encyclopedia of tactics for getti
"When i'm sad i stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story." Barney Stinson

Ci sono due possibili motivi per leggere questo libro:

1) Pensate che How i met your mother sia un'esilarante genialata, avete come suoneria del cellulare "Let's go to the mall" di Robin Sparkles e provate un immenso rispetto per Barney Stinson da quando all'inizio della prima serie si presenta vestito da Top Gun con tanto di "Danger Zone" di sottofondo (o altre sue apparizioni, io ho detto questa perchè è stato il
  • Isolation
  • There's A Thin Line Between Love and Hate (There's A Thin Line Between Love and Hate, #1)
  • Burning Moon
  • Chicken Pox for the Soul
  • Driven to Distraction
  • Mox Nox
  • Zombies Hate Stuff
  • Du hast mich auf dem Balkon vergessen (SMS von gestern Nacht, #1)
  • X-Men and Philosophy: Astonishing Insight and Uncanny Argument in the Mutant X-Verse
  • Trese: Stories from the Diabolical, Volume 1 (Trese: Stories from the Diabolical, #1)
  • Coffin Dodgers
  • So Now You're a Zombie: A Handbook for the Newly Undead
  • Pass It On (Insiders, #2)
  • Daily Dishonesty
The Bro Code Bro on the Go Bro Code for Parents: What to Expect When You're Awesome Best of The Bro Code and The Playbook The Wit and Wisdom of Barney Stinson: Barney Stinson Quotes