Start by marking “What I Wish I'd Known Before I Got Married What I Wish I'd Known Before I Got Married” as Want to Read:

3.43  ·  Rating details ·  30 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Building a marriage is a lifelong endeavor for both men and women. Most marriage books cover the three C's--communication, compromise, and consideration -- but fail to address many issues critical to a healthyrelationship. Family advocate Kay James calls these the "things I wish I had known before I got married" advice on finances, sex, children, and dealing with the exten ...more
Published January 21st 2009 by Multnomah Publishers (first published October 13th 2001)

Be the first to ask a question about What I Wish I'd Known Before I Got Married What I Wish I'd Known Before I Got Married

Caprice
The book promised to be "raw", which I understand is subjective so, perhaps it just was not "raw" enough for me. I also think the introduction should highly suggest that both persons of the couple read this together, I do not see much benefit for only one person of the couple to read. Overall, it hit the highlights of what marriage will bring and what it also, might not!
Folami Islam
Dec 28, 2011 rated it liked it
Resources named in this book bear to be further explored: the Heritage Foundation www.heritage.org, Concerned Women for America www.cwfa.org, and Dr. James Dobson’s Dare to Discipline. Anyone could tell you that this has been a goal of mine since God knows when. Treating marriage as a business struck a chord with me most of all and I understand more why men make a big issue out of being financially stable before they embark on this endeavor, but it’s just as important for women to be financially ...more
Rat de bibliothèque
May 28, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: those who are engaged or having cold feet issues
Recommended to Rat de bibliothèque by: My mother
Shelves: books-from-mom
I was given (and ignored) this books years ago when my first marriage was approaching. I was young and knew everything. Or so I thought.

My second marriage is just around the corner and I find myself far more nervous than I was in the days when I knew everything. Since marriage is not a terribly new concept to me I did not necessarily feel I came away with lots of new ideas but reading this has helped warm my chilly feet.

Also good to know if you are reading this review and are considering this bo
Letitia
There are much better prepping for marriage books out there for girls. Though this advice is highly practical, unemotional and honest, it fails to do anything further than lead the reader down a path of common sense. Only recommended for teen-early twenties girls whose mother literally taught them nothing.
Natasha
Offers some very practical points for consideration.
Justine Alor