Start by marking “Frugal Luxuries: Simple Pleasures to Enhance Your Life and Comfort Your Soul” as Want to Read:
Frugal Luxuries: Simple Pleasures to Enhance Your Life and Comfort Your Soul

Frugal Luxuries: Simple Pleasures to Enhance Your Life and Comfort Your Soul

Tracey McBride created the newsletter Frugal Times in 1993 and has since delighted thousands by elevating the skill of living frugally to an art form.  Now Tracey's commonsense techniques for making "every day a feast" and her wisdom on how to cultivate abundance are gathered in one volume.

Tracey shows us how to savor the intangible gifts we receive when we create a nurtur
Published July 1st 1997 by Bantam

To ask other readers questions about Frugal Luxuries, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Frugal Luxuries

Emily
Jul 03, 2008 rated it really liked it
I loved this book! I think that this book helped me view my situation differently than I did before. I learned that it doesn't take money to have class and to live a fulfilling life with grace and dignity. Sweet ideas and simple but profound insights.
Ashleyadams
Aug 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am on my third round reading Frugal Luxuries and find more to love about it with each read. I often reference it when considering decor for my home or looking for joy in my current surroundings. A true treasure.
Carolyn Cannon
Mar 23, 2019 rated it liked it
Simple pleasures.
Teresa Keatts
Jan 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Enjoyed this book as I as all about frugality. It is a nice concept to find oneself living in frugal luxury ❣ ...more
M
Jun 30, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: nonfiction
This book is more along the lines of an Alexandra Stoddard book. There is a chapter about money, but she talks about acquiring things quite a bit, which to me isn't frugal. The main ideas are really about having what's important to you and doing it for less money. There are no real money savings ideas, recipes, etc that you'd find in a book like the Cheapskate Gazette.
Aroura
Oct 15, 2009 rated it did not like it
I didn't get really far, but still, what I read so far was a very superfluous way of saying be happier with what you have and find joy in the little things. Which is obviously great advice, but I'd rather not read over a hundred pages of different ways of saying it :)
Gloria
Jan 02, 2009 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: People interested in thrift with style
This book serves as a thoughtful reminder to focus on the quality of one's life, and not the quantity of possessions. Contains many practical ideas for pursuing thrift with style, yet always adds a short essay to put the thrift into an almost spiritual context.
Stephanie Blake
Aug 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing
My husband bought me this book many years ago. I have reread it many times often when I want to spoil myself with a special treat. Tracey McBride gives elegance to frugality: the need to be careful with our resources. This is definitely one of my favorite "feel good" books.
Kecia
May 04, 2007 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: women who can not hear the small quiet voice
My life went into a tailspin when I bought I 75 year old house that needed a lot of TLC. Frugal Luxuries isn't very good...but it made my life so much nicer the first few months of chaos in my new house. I think I picked up at exactly the right moment in my life.
Aleena
Mar 01, 2011 rated it liked it
Good ideas. Liked the first half of the book the most.
Alley
Jan 03, 2008 rated it liked it
A woman after my own heart!
Cws