Start by marking “Gossip Girl: The Manga, Vol. 1 (Gossip Girl: For Your Eyes Only, #1)” as Want to Read:
Gossip Girl: The Manga, Vol. 1 (Gossip Girl: For Your Eyes Only, #1)

Gossip Girl: The Manga, Vol. 1 (Gossip Girl: For Your Eyes Only #1)

3.51  ·  Rating details ·  365 Ratings  ·  49 Reviews
Welcome to New York's Upper East Side, where the claws are about to come out! Blair and Serena were BFFs...until Blair discovered that her boyfriend, Nate, cheated on her with Serena! As if that wasn't enough, Serena then disappeared without a word. Now she's back and trying to make amends with Blair. Too bad Serena's former best friend has no intention of forgiving her. A ...more
Published August 17th 2010 by Yen Press (first published August 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Gossip Girl, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gossip Girl

Ivy
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 🌟

Nice to see a Gossip Girl graphic novel. Don't really like how there only seems to be people with super-model looks though. Sad that Blair and Serena got dumped. Glad that Serena got together with Nate. Hope Dan and Vanessa get together.

Can't wait to read Gossip Girl: the Manga, volume 2!!!!
Morgan
Sep 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2011-reads
Another Borders closing $1 special. I was super jazzed when I got it because it's the cheesy manga version of the greatest show of our time aka Gossip Girl. And it really delivers on hilarity. I mean, in the first scene Blair wears a literal crown on her head. And Chuck is always in sunglasses and an ascot. The book would be worth the full price alone for just the little flashback scene of baby Chuck and Blair bonding over being evil. Amazing. As for the storyline, the manga is very much a hodge ...more
Sarah E.
Jan 12, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-finish
DNFing at 62 pages. I have seen the show and knew what to expect but wow, it was not what I was expecting and really difficult to follow.
Nicola Mansfield
Nov 12, 2010 rated it did not like it
Reason for Reading: This is a Cybils '10 nominee and required reading for me as a graphic novels panelist.

I'm not writing one of my usual reviews for this manga because, I'm sorry to say, I've never said this about a book before, but this was simply "trash". Follow the lives of rich high school students with no adult supervision who party, drink, smoke and sleep with each other as they plan devious revenge against anyone who ticks them off, whether it's their BFF or not. The publisher recommends
Marie
May 12, 2014 rated it liked it
.... Stop looking at me that way. I'll admit it, I started watching Gossip Girls on Netflix and I happened to be at the dollar store, and saw this on the shelf... and for a buck, curiosity won out!

As another reviewer said, it's rich white girl problems. No doubt about that. But if you enjoyed the Gossip Girl tv show, there spirit of that is certainly here. In addition, I also enjoyed the art in this book. It was easy to follow and pretty to look at, so that's always important in a graphic novel.
Andrew
Apr 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Hilarious
Michael
Jun 27, 2010 rated it really liked it
This book was pretty good. Although at some parts was "boring", but otherwise I enjoy it very much. I wish I could saw Serena a little more, but hopefully in the next book I will. Anyway, I found some parts humorous and pretty intense. It was good for what it was.
Annabel Lee
Aug 01, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 21st-century
Basically about White, rich-girl problems.
Stephanie
Jul 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
a new way to read gossip girl and not just the same story from the 1st book. A GG fan must read.
Randi
Jan 17, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: graphic_novel
I selected this book since it is very popular with our patrons. It may be just the illustration style but I had a hard time telling the characters apart which made the conniving and backstabbing plot twists all the more difficult to follow.
chelsea
Nov 14, 2017 rated it did not like it
dnf
Danielle
Apr 14, 2010 rated it liked it
Alexandra
Feb 11, 2016 rated it liked it
I wanted to give it four stars, i really did, even five. It was so funny, i read it for about three hours. The only reason why i give it three stars is because...

Couldn't Blair get revenge on Serena in any other way? Literally ANY other way. And the end? Ugh. I couldn't even believe that this happened. The reason why I enjoy any Gossip Girl book is because they are usually Dair-free. If something more happens in the second volume i would find Josh Safran himself and torture him until he realiz
Manoja K.
***Contains spoilers***

This is more like 2.5 stars, but what the hell, I'll be generous!

I actuully kind of liked it. But not in the way that I would normally like a book. This is actually quite bad, but that's why I like it. It's so bad that it's good. And I found it quite funny (even though I don't think that was the intention). I kind of liked how they twisted the novels and TV show into one, but at the same time it kind of showed that there was no realy original thought.

They portrayed Blair
Jeanne
Sep 06, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: never-again
Když bych to měla celkově shrnout, tak musím říct, že se mi tohle zpracování Gossip girl zrovna moc nezamlouvalo. Velkým plusem a lákadlem ale jsou ale rozhodně kresby, které jsou nádherné a je na nich vidět svět společenské smetánky, i přesto že je většina stránek čenobílých. Určitě byste si měli všimnout, že postavy nosí každou chvíli jiné oblečení- což muselo být pracné na kreslení- a odpovídá to pohledu na svět Upper East Side, kde se na oblečení klade velký důraz.
I přes krásné kresby jsem
Moira
Oct 25, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga-komix
Já a Gossip girl to nemáme šťastné. Začala jsem to sledovat někde od středu, chytlo mě to, pak jsem něměla čas, tak jsem si dala pauzu a potom... nu, už to nebylo ono. Jsem ráda, že jsem to našla jako mangu, protože si konečně projíždím začátek (i když nemám čas - autobus do školy to zachraňuje)... :D Jediné, co mě doopravdy irituje je fakt, že v tom nejlepším mají chybu ve vázání/tisku, kdy osm jistých stran už bylo na začátku. Sice se tam nic klíčového nestalo - asi (a pokud ano, lehce se to d ...more
Allysa Peck
Nov 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
I already was a fan of the series before reading this, so this was a real treat. The story doesn't really follow the tv show or the original books, so there are some character discrepancies, but in this case, that made the story a bit more interesting (it would have been boring if I knew everything that was going to happen). The artist who adapted the story did an absolutely fabulous job as well. The characters were all beautiful and well suited to the story. If you are a fan of Gossip Girl, I d ...more
Catherine
Jul 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Seesen9
Jun 05, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
That was weird. If the characters had different names, I wouldnt have konown that it has something to do with the Tv show Gossip Girl. The storyline was very defferent, characters fell for different characters, acted differently. Some things were just too far fetched and too difficult to follow, you have to make your own assumptions... but manga tends to be like that, doesnt it? I wouldnt know, its my first manga ever. But the illustrations were beautiful, nicely done! ...more
katy
Jun 27, 2015 rated it it was ok
naja ich weiß nicht ,ich finde die serie natürlich um einiges besser denn sie gehört zu meinen Top 3 Serien ever .Leider hat mich der manga total enttäuscht mir kommen alle personen so eoskalt vor als ob sie keine gefühle haben ,die Story is voll anders und gefällt mir so nicht ich werde nach diesem teil nicht weiterlesen
Šári
Oct 14, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga
Vzhledem k tomu, že se mi Gossip girl nelíbilo ani jako knížka, tak se mi moc nelíbila ani jako manga. Obecně mám mangu hodně ráda, ale tohle se moc nepovedlo. Všichni mi připadali v obličejích hodně stejní a postavy se od sebe těžko rezeznávaly. Ani na poslední stránce sem nevěděla kdo je kdo a to je velké mínus.
Alana Hunny Bunny Hunt
Sep 26, 2010 rated it really liked it
the book was mostly about rich girls living the high life. Blaire Who is bullimic .is very jealous of her friend serina. i enjoyed the book i found it very intense. i think people who likes teen-drama and gossip would enjoy this book. I think they should've added more action to it. i have no question for the authr and i have no advice for the author
Kate
Sep 25, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, graphicnovels
True confessions: I was a huge Gossip Girl fan way back when - and when I saw this I was a little giddy. I was pleasantly surprised. It's a lot of fun (reminds me of Peach Girl). It had a lot of the same sort of humor that the early books did when they weren't taken too seriously. I think the TV show sort of ruined that. Looking forward to volume 2.
Miriam
Mar 09, 2014 rated it liked it
Ett helt ok album och en trevlig läsning, men tror inte jag kommer läsa fortsättningen om jag inte hittar dem gratis/billigt.

Hade inte heller bangat på att ha allt i färg och inte bara de första få sidorna. Men snyggt var det i alla fall ^^

Väldigt annorlunda från tv-serien, var egentligen bara namnen som var samma annars var allt olika.
Lisa
Aug 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
I got this out of the library after finishing all the series's of Gossip Girl on Netflix and I liked it but despite getting the next one out I only got half way through it before I started reading another book. I think I was mainly interested in this because I wanted more Gossip Girl but although it was quite a good storyline it was too much of an expectation after watching it all I guess...
quinnster
Sep 30, 2012 rated it liked it
Eh. It was okay. The one thing that I don't like about these types of books is the way that the girls with short hair look like boys and sometimes it's just hard to keep them straight. The story was a bit different, but that's okay.
Ayu Adisty
Ga pernah baca Gossip Girl, tapi nonton 2 season drama serinya. Beberapa cerita di graphic novelnya beda (banget) sama versi drama seri, tapi gw rasa karena ilustratornya orang korea, ceritanya jadi lebih lucu sampe tingkat bikin saya ngakak di perpus.

Bacaan guilty pleasure, indeed.
Danielle (is trying to escape reality)
This is a meh adaptation of Gossip Girl as a manga. Fans of the TV series will find nothing new here, only a remixed version of things they already know all about. The art wasn't bad though. Even for big fans, I'd say skip this.
erinn
Dec 14, 2013 rated it liked it
I just love the idea of making manga different from the book and tv show :3
I loved the drawings and I totally love Jenny :3
Elizabeth
Oct 24, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: my-collection
I enjoyed the story however there were a few placed I would have found the story a bit confusing if I did not already know the characters and the backstory from reading the original novels.
  • The Clique: The Manga
  • House of Night: Legacy (House of Night: The Graphic Novel, #1-5)
  • Falling Hard (Roller Girls #1)
  • Slam Book
  • The Chic Shall Inherit the Earth (All About Us, #6)
  • Challenge (Wicked Lovely: Desert Tales, #2)
  • City of Angels (A-List: Hollywood Royalty, #3)
  • Candy Candy, Vol. 5 (Candy Candy, #5)
  • Yakitate!! Japan, Volume 3
  • Blood Promise: The Graphic Novel (Vampire Academy: The Graphic Novel, #4)
  • Pure Sin (Privilege, #5)
  • Ranma 1/2, Vol. 35 (Ranma ½ (US 2nd), #35)
  • Response
Cecily grew up in Manhattan and went to an all-girl's school on the Upper East Side.
She resides in Brooklyn with her husband Richard, the Deputy Director of the Public Art Fund, their children, Agnes and Oscar, and their two Cornish Rex cats. Von Ziegesar also owns an Appaloosa horse, Golden Rain. She is dreams of having a 'ranch full of cattle' when retired.

More about Cecily von Ziegesar

Gossip Girl: For Your Eyes Only (3 books)
  • Gossip Girl: The Manga, Vol. 2 (Gossip Girl: For Your Eyes Only, #2)
  • Gossip Girl: The Manga, Vol. 3 (Gossip Girl: For Your Eyes Only, #3)

Young Adult Deals

• Beneath the Shine
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Time's Divide (The Chronos Files, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Greensleeves
  • Gilded (Gilded, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Infinity Lost (The Infinity Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Timebound (The Chronos Files, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Banished of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #1)
  • Keeping You a Secret
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fractured (Guards of the Shadowlands, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Gena/Finn
    $13.99 $1.99
  • The Queen's Poisoner (Kingfountain, #1)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Touch of Eternity (The Curse #1)
  • Dragon Rider
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Flush
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dreadnought (Nemesis, #1)
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Fire Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #2)
  • Go: A Coming of Age Novel
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Wishing Spell (The Land of Stories, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Better Nate Than Ever (Better Nate Than Ever #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Sanctum (Guards of the Shadowlands, #1)
  • Time Bomb
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Dryad-Born (Whispers from Mirrowen, #2)
  • Silvern (Gilded #2)
  • You Know Me Well
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Some Fine Day
  • Mystic (Mystic, #1)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Almost Girl (The Riven Chronicles, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Uprooted
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Ciphers of Muirwood (Covenant of Muirwood, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Amid Stars and Darkness (The Xenith Trilogy #1)
  • The Odds of Loving Grover Cleveland
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Thief's Daughter (Kingfountain, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99