Start by marking “Amanecer (Crepúsculo, #4)” as Want to Read:
Amanecer (Crepúsculo, #4)

Amanecer

(Twilight #4)

3.69  ·  Rating details ·  1,154,292 Ratings  ·  45,380 Reviews
«No tengas miedo», le susurré.
«Somos como una sola persona».

De pronto me abrumó la realidad de mis palabras.

Ese momento era tan perfecto, tan auténtico. No dejaba lugar a dudas.

Me rodeó con los brazos, me estrechó contra él y hasta la última de mis terminaciones nerviosas cobró vida propia.
«Para siempre», concluyó.
Published February 2009 by Alfaguara (first published August 2nd 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Amanecer, please sign up.
Lora Swafford He imprinted on her. Which he has no control over, that's why he loved bella so much. All of this made sense to him once Bella had Renesmee. When you…moreHe imprinted on her. Which he has no control over, that's why he loved bella so much. All of this made sense to him once Bella had Renesmee. When you imprint on someone, it's not as much as a falling in love, as it is wanting to be with that person forever, and wanting to protect them and make sure they are safe. And it's not "EW" he isn't going to do anything until she is A LOT older. He will be like an older brother to her until she is older. (less)

Karene
Aug 03, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Jenne
Aug 15, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya
oh yes, so VERY many spoilers! and unladylike language, sorry.

p.1: god help me. Here we go.

p.8: yep, Edward is already "going overboard" protecting Bella.

p.20: Her parents think it's a good idea for her to marry this weirdo at 18? They never think ANYTHING is a good idea.

p.33: Vampire babies! creepy! in a good way.

p.58: Jacob!

p.72: I swear Bella never just goes anywhere, you always have to DRAG her like a toddler.

p.85: I think they just had sex!! OMG!!

p.86: now of course we have to suffer throug
Annalisa
Aug 02, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: girls who like a happy ending at all cost
I was so disenchanted with Eclipse I wasn't excited for this read, but I had to know how it ends. I held off judgment in hopes that the conclusion would redeem the series. The verdict? Hard-to-swallow soap opera. A car crash you can't stop staring at in hopes that something salvageable comes out of the wreckage. But nothing does. So bad I started taking notes on all the plot holes because I couldn't keep track. What happened to the story that captured the hearts of girls everywhere?

You can't fal
Jillian
Feb 23, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone wanting to spoon their eyes out
Natalie Monroe
Robert Pattinson hates Twilight so much, it's hysterical.

Interviewer: “Millions of Twilight fans, they cannot wait to see this, it’s almost heartbreaking because they don’t want it to be over. It’s a little bittersweet, isn’t it?”

That look on his face is pure, unadulterated joy.

And let's not forget this:

From the mouth of the guy who plays him.

Or these:

And of course, the rest of the cast:

Janae
Jun 18, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Die-Hard Twilight Fans, not appropriate for young teens.
James
Aug 13, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: modern-fantasy
Reviewer update Aug 2009: I have demoted the book from 5 to 4 stars. My confession/explanation is at the end of the original, unedited review.
___

Yes, I gave it 5-stars. This is partly because I was so pleased by it compared to the last two books in the series that I overreacted. But I also approve of her approach to the book and have rated it so highly in order to counteract those reviewers out there who hated it because they felt Bella was a bad example to young girls.

***THESE TWO PARAGRAPHS SP
SR
Page 318 - Had her body changed because she was a werewolf? Or had she become a werewolf because her body was wrong? The only female werewolf in the history of forever. Was that because she wasn't as female as she should be?

Okay, it's always been obvious that the only things Smeyer finds important in life are marriage and babies, the younger the better, but what the fuck, y'all. I am beyond disgusted at this. (edit - this is kind of unclear, mostly because at the time of typing I was too angry t
Lissa
This is a direct quote from Seth, Stephenie Meyer's brother and the person who runs her website.

"In an attempt to keep the books clean and not make young girls think about things that they don't need to think about, no other book mentioned anything about reproductive systems."

Hear that, girls?

You're not supposed to think about things.

Especially not sex.

Don't think about sex. Ever.

Or you will be thinking about things you shouldn't be thinking about.

Don't think about boys. Thinking about boys lead
Miranda Reads
Oh the memories. The angsty teen memories. They're all flooding back.

It should come as no surprise that I have a dark and dangerous past - I was a Twihard.

I loved this series with every beat of my teenage heart. I had a poster, I had a vegetarian vampire shirt, I had a themed birthday party, and (worst of all) I did this to a book:
description
I can't even open it anymore for fear of the pages falling out and the spine splintering...yet I can't bear to throw it away.

And now (ten years later), I'm revisi
Abby
Aug 06, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Teresa
Jul 24, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People that would jump off a bridge just to meet Edward
****For you dumbasses people that look up to Bella Swan and think she's an inspiration (if such people exist in the world), read this:

12 Things That The Twilight Series Taught Me

1. It's okay to abandon your parents after graduation (literally)

2. When a vampire wants to kill you, hide out on a mountain and run for your life while your boyfriend's family fight to protect you.

3. It is the most romantic and beautiful thing in the world when a guy you barely know oils your bedroom window to watch yo
Ann
Aug 04, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shannon (Giraffe Days)
Lauren
Aug 04, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Nobody
Ahmad Sharabiani
Breaking Dawn (Twilight #4), Stephenie Meyer
Breaking Dawn is the fourth and final novel in The Twilight Saga by American author Stephenie Meyer. Divided into three parts, the first and third sections are written from Bella Swan's perspective and the second is written from the perspective of Jacob Black. The novel directly follows the events of the previous novel, Eclipse, as Bella and Edward Cullen get married, leaving behind a heartbroken Jacob. When Bella faces unexpected and life-threatening
Denys L.H.
May 25, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: crackheads
The last book of the series. You would think this would all get better, eh? It hasn't for the most part. But yeah, there is a happy ending (no doubt about it). Yeah, they DO IT (Bitchface and Edtard). Yeah, Bella turns into a vampire. How come I'm not surprised? The novel ended all too neat and too predictable. But in the middle of the book, there was a whole load of unfortunate and turning events going on. And no, I didn't see THAT one coming...

In the beginning of the book, Bella is bitching (o
Cait • A Page with a View
WHAT. No, seriously, what just happened. Like the entire book (and series) built up to this huge final battle. They're all lined up ready for some epic fight and then... (view spoiler)

It just kept fading to black any time something remotely interesting could've happened. This might be the most anti-climactic ending I've ever found.

Plus, most of t
Meredith
Jul 06, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: a masochist and a moron
Recommended to Meredith by: I'm going to shoot them in the face
Shelves: ya
Mari
Mar 12, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, snark-squad
The fact that this has an above 3 rating on this website is a travesty.

It's taken Snark Squad over a year to read and recap this book, in large part because it was actively awful. Listen, this isn't hating on a popular series because it's cheesy or a love story or any of that other nonsense. This is an actual garbage story.

First, it's PROBLEMATIC, which is consistent from the previous entries. Bella and Edward "can't" have sex while she's a human, because if they have sex, Bella will probably
Manny
There's a nice progression here, anyway. I lent Twilight to Cate-across-the-road; we gave her New Moon as a present, and she lent it back to me; most recently, she bought Eclipse, and I borrowed it after she finished. I suggested to her father that the logical next step would be for me to sneak in through her bedroom window and steal Breaking Dawn. I'm not entirely sure he found this funny.

____________________________________________

I am shocked, dismayed, not surprised at all to discover from U
Katrina Passick Lumsden
Fabian
Aug 22, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Only those who have read the first three
Recommended to Fabian by: Someone who obviously didn't know my taste
You read the first 200 pages & tell yourself: Cronenberg could be proud. Am I witnessing the biggest twist in literature history? This was the equivalent of Frodo Baggins losing the ring or Hannibal Lecter coming out of the closet! The book begins in foreign, even (gasp!) exciting territory... something so outlandish... in the right hands it just might have worked. Or at least redeemed the three prior mediocre novels. Meyer does neither.

This belonging in the long, half-assed written series s
Syl
Aug 03, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Airheads
Ramona
The first book from this series comes with a great and unique story line that will leave you hanging until the last pages, but believe me, the torture will be worth it.

I am a big fan of the series and of the movies, but the books always had a special place in my heart because it is impossible to capture all the details of the plot in just 2 hours of shooting.
So, because of this, the book rock and give you a complete image of the Twilight universe.

In Breaking Dawn, we have the great moment we all
Elizabeth
Mar 25, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
P
Mar 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
“I want you, and I want you forever. One lifetime is simply not enough for me.”

I want to start this review with reminiscing my good old days when I was a teenager and had been waiting the movies to come out. Twilight was more than just my childhood imagination, it was likely my second world to escape the truth and live my life in the small town where supernatural creatures are real. Everyone wants to be someone important for those you love. This book also answered each question that I've kept
Holly
Heather
Apr 29, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Serious Twilighters Only
Tea Jovanović
May 10, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Mislim da je ovaj serijal trebalo da se završi samo s jednim tomom i to Sumrakom... Onaj vampirski porođaj u Praskozorju mi je mnogo teško pao (mentalno), a naporađala sam se silnih žena po knjigama Danijele Stil (ponekad sam imala i po 2 porođaja po jednoj knjizi) te se mogu smatrati za prevodioca-akušera s ogromnim iskustvom... :)
the whole "vampires can't have babies" issue. 240 1740 Aug 06, 2018 12:41AM
HMSA Summer Reading: Book Review: Twilight Breaking Dawn 2 8 Aug 01, 2018 12:47PM
i hate reneseme ! 400 1483 Apr 27, 2018 08:37PM
Charlie and Sue? 27 120 Apr 21, 2018 08:49PM
Who thinks Bella should have ended up with Jacob? 258 634 Apr 14, 2018 08:32PM
What species would Renesmee and Jacob's children/child be? 90 357 Feb 13, 2018 08:17PM
Who thinks Jacob Black and Leah Clearwater were made for each other??? 69 227 Feb 08, 2018 08:37PM
  • Hunted (House of Night, #5)
  • Dead in the Family (Sookie Stackhouse, #10)
  • Black Dawn (The Morganville Vampires, #12)
  • One Grave at a Time (Night Huntress, #6)
  • Lover Awakened (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #3)
  • First Love and Forever (Byrnehouse-Davies & Hamilton Saga, #4)
  • The Awakening / The Struggle (The Vampire Diaries, #1-2)
  • Blue Moon (The Immortals, #2)
  • Ritual (Vampire Beach, #3)
I was born in Connecticut in 1973, during a brief blip in my family's otherwise western U.S. existence. We were settled in Phoenix by the time I was four, and I think of myself as a native. The unusual spelling of my name was a gift from my father, Stephen (+ ie = me). Though I have had my name spelled wrong on pretty much everything my entire life long, I must admit that it makes it easier to Goo ...more

Twilight (4 books)
  • Twilight (Twilight, #1)
  • New Moon (Twilight, #2)
  • Eclipse (Twilight, #3)

Young Adult Deals

• World After (Penryn & the End of Days, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • End of Days (Penryn & the End of Days, #3)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • American Street
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Going Wild (Going Wild #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Awakening (The Vampire Diaries, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Godsgrave (The Nevernight Chronicle, #2)
    $10.99 $2.99
  • Carve the Mark (Carve the Mark, #1)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Enchantress (Evermen Saga, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Glass Magician (The Paper Magician Trilogy, #2)
  • Prisoner B-3087
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Iron Trial (Magisterium #1)
  • The Luxe (Luxe, #1)
    $3.74 $0.99
  • Fawkes
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Sticks & Stones (Upside-Down Magic #2)
  • The Thing About Jellyfish
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Hidden Relic (Evermen Saga, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Last Namsara (Iskari #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Inexplicable Logic of My Life
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wish
    $5.67 $2.99
  • The Rift Uprising (The Rift Uprising Trilogy #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Wednesday Wars
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Girl from Everywhere (The Girl From Everywhere, #1)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Killing Ruby Rose (Ruby Rose #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Endangered (Ape Quartet, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The City of Brass (The Daevabad Trilogy, #1)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Vanishing Girls
    $9.74 $1.99
  • Broken Pride (Bravelands, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
“Did you know that 'I told you so' has a brother,Jacob?" she asked cutting me off. "His name is 'Shut the hell up'.” 3081 likes
“Hey, Rosalie? Do you know how to drown a blonde? Stick a mirror to the bottom of a pool.” 1866 likes