Start by marking “Strong Justice (Caitlin Strong, #2)” as Want to Read:
Strong Justice (Caitlin Strong, #2)

Strong Justice (Caitlin Strong #2)

3.9  ·  Rating details ·  321 Ratings  ·  48 Reviews
Fifth-generation Texas Ranger Caitlin Strong is back, pursuing justice the Ranger way. She takes on the case of a Mexican girl on the run from white slavers. For Caitlin, the case evokes memories of her legendary grandfather's run with the Rangers, even as it brings her face-to-face with a serial killer who's left a trail of bodies along the Mexico border.

Pursuing the kill
Published June 22nd 2010 by Forge (first published June 15th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Strong Justice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Strong Justice

Vic
Dec 12, 2010 rated it really liked it
OK, I'm totally hooked. This is one high powered page turner that works as both a stand alone novel and a brilliant sequel to Strong Enough to Die. Not only is Jon Land creating a number of interesting characters, he is doing it in the context of timely, well-researched and well-thought out stories.

Caitlin Strong is a hard as nails, fiercely independent woman, a Texas Ranger who is as fearless as she is confident in her skills and the family heritage that forged her. We know from the first story
T.W. Barton
Oct 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The continuing saga of Caitlin Strong.

I've been reading this series for awhile and usually out of order. Each book can stand on its own.

Caitlin Strong is a Texas Ranger. The history and legacy of the Texas Rangers are long and brutal. The legendary exploits of its members have given rise to some of histories most famous gunmen and that the top of that list is one family name. Strong.

The Strong name is almost synonymous with Texas Ranger. Caitlin is the latest member of the family to continue its
Robert Scott
Mar 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Finished 05/10/2011. A great story, some distractions with inaccuracies but the story overrides any of these concerns. Primarily about the Texas Rangers past and present.
Jerry King
Jan 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
2010
Debbie
Feb 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Love this series - strong woman, Texas Rangers and Mexican border history - what's not to love?
Brian
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Pleasantly surprised with this one. A novel that I picked up on a whim, looking for something different. Fifth generation Texas Ranger Caitlin Strong and her sometimes boyfriend and former outlaw Cort Wesley are a likeable pair and I enjoyed the frequent flashbacks to Caitlin's grandfather and his life as a Texas Ranger. There's a convoluted plot, with a lot of subplots and jumps back in time, but it all pays off nicely in the final 1/4 of the novel. The whole thing has a modern Western feel and ...more
Russell
May 31, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Jon Land, by far one of the greatest thriller writers of our time, returns to the shelves with the second novel in the Caitlin Strong series, STRONG JUSTICE. These days, with seemingly everybody writing thriller novels, Jon Land has set himself apart from all the rest with a novel that is so different that none of them can compare to his genius.

Caitlin Strong is a fifth generation Texas Ranger who has teamed up with one of the greatest bad guys of her time to take you on the ride of your life. T
Gaby
In Strong Justice, Land returns to three key figures of Strong Enough To Die a few months later: Guillermo Paz, Cort Wesley, and Caitlan Strong.

Touched by Caitlin Strong's example, Guillermo Paz has returned to Mexico and tries to make amends for his past. Paz's willingness to protect the downtrodden won him a reputation that's part myth and part legend in his new town. Paz's admiration for Caitlin leads him to head North when he starts to suspect that she might be in grave danger.

Caitlin has
Kathy
Jul 27, 2010 rated it liked it
Jul 21, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: crime-mystery
I give this one a 3.5 on the star scale. I enjoyed it quite a bit as we get a bit more information and background on each of the main characters. I think for me, Paz is slowly becoming one of my favourites. I like how the relationship between each of the characters is unfolding and I wouldn't mind seeing a few more recurring Ranger characters. I realize that the idea of the lone Ranger seems to be prevalent throughout the whole history of the Texas Rangers but surely in this day and age where gu ...more
BeParticular
Mar 10, 2016 rated it liked it
I'll list the positive aspects of this book first. Caitlin Strong is a winning character and the story, though frequently preposterous, is an engaging page-turner. That said, Caitlin's role in this book is often overshadowed by the numerous additional characters. And that's a shame, because I find Caitlin much more interesting than some of the cartoonish characters populating this novel.

Now to the negatives. This book is riddled with errors. I know it's nearly impossible to catch every error, bu
Jeffrey
Aug 24, 2010 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery, read-in-2010
Who am I to argue with Vince Flynn, who said that this was one of the best books he read this year. He said it right on the cover of the novel. Maybe if I was reading this at home and read it quicker rather than while on vacation and piecemeal. Maybe if I read other books in the series and had a better idea of the characters.

But I doubt it. The novel was disjointed. It is the story of Caitlin Strong's heritage -- two stories in one, a modern day story about Catlin Strong's investigation of a mu
April
Jan 07, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mystery
This is the second in the female Texas Ranger series, starring Caitlyn Strong. In this novel, she goes after evil Mexicans trying to destroy America who also run drugs and hate Mexican peasants. I repeat what I said in my review of the first book in the series about Land making his bad characters a little too bad and his good characters a little too good. She also deepens her relationship with ex-con Cort Wesley Masters and his 2 boys. Still, at least Land goes beyond the standard romance novel ...more
Susan Clark-cook
Feb 15, 2011 rated it liked it
I have read several of his other books after meeting him at a book signing in local bookstore. This one was good and the first I read of the "Texas Ranger" books, with a female as the lead ranger. I liked that it was a female ranger saving the day, but found it a little slow to get into and didn't find myself really enjoying it till I was about half way through; once there though it was engaging more each chapter.
L8start
Feb 29, 2012 rated it liked it
Caitlin Strong, Texas Ranger, returns in the second book of the series to fight the bad guys who kidnapped a Mexican girl. Characters from the first book return, including Guillermo Paz, D.W. Tepper, Court Wesley Masters and his two adolescent sons. Shooting, fighting and miraculous rescues ensue amidst people who frequently call each other by their full names (is that a western thing?). I like the supporting cast better than Caitlin, who remains two dimensional.
Kitty
Aug 01, 2010 rated it really liked it
Caitlain Strong is a 5th generation Texas Ranger. She's tracking a serial killer with 400 victims.The legends of the bravery, courage, and verve of the Rangers are still personified in Caitlain. Her former criminal boyfriend wavers over the line sometimes and his young sons are the target. Well-written and good to the last drop.
Michele bookloverforever
Feb 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery-series
well, I just love strong women and adore the strong men who care for them. This was a great read for me. Love Cort and his kids and just adore the female lead, caitlin strong a 5th generation texas ranger. loved this book. the 4th in the series is due in July of 2012 and I've already requested it. cannot wait. love this series.
Mark
Jan 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
2nd in the series and I like it better than the intro novel...Ranger Strong & her ensemble have a little more background fleshed out while confronting a planned terror attack on the US...interesting effort intertwining Texas Ranger past-history into the fast-paced action of the current plot...good read & I'll continue the series!
Marta
Sep 17, 2012 rated it liked it
I didn't care for this book as much as I did the first one. The subject matter was disturbing and I felt like there was a little too much packed into the story so that it was difficult to maintain my suspension of disbelief. However, I still love Caitlin and Cort Wesley and I will definitely read the next two books.
Graham Salisbury
Jul 15, 2010 rated it really liked it
Jon Land's Caitlin Strong novels are among the best in the genre. The first one is called STRONG ENOUGH TO DIE (great!). Right up there with books by Craig Johnson, Michael McGarrity, and William Kent Krueger. If you like mysteries set in the west/mid-west, you won't be disappointed with any book by these authors.
Courtney
Oct 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Two for two. This is a real winner of an action series. Love the two leads (Caitlyn Strong and Cort Wesley Masters), their strange relationship, and the supporting cast. It would be easy to binge-read through this series, but I am going to savor the next four over the next four months.... and hopefully be that much closer to #7.
Mary
Sep 21, 2012 rated it did not like it
I must have come into this series well underway. The author kept referring to past events and characters who had already been introduced. I decided not to start the next one in the "Strong" series as I see that it will be pretty much the same way. I may try other books by this author as I see he is a prolific writer.
Mikebee
Dec 31, 2014 rated it it was ok
I gave this writer a couple of tries, but this is the last book I will read. Formulaic pot boilers, flat stereotyped characters, weird adulation for authority and force, and very linear, simple plots.
Michael Sherer
Feb 12, 2012 rated it liked it
Strong is a rock-steady and likable character, instinctive when it comes to dealing with bad guys, but not entirely clued in when it comes to personal relationships. It makes for a rollicking good time, albeit a bit cliched at times.
Zuzu Burford
Oct 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
Lots of bang bang shootem up and high tension adventure with Caitlin Strong the heroine Texas Ranger. Very enjoyable escapism. I would recommend reading the first book because you will be familiar with the main characters.
Marcia
Jan 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Howard Anders
Oct 01, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: thriller readers
Recommended to Howard by: Marta St. John-Anders
Good, but not great. Other than Caitlin Strong, major characters introduced in the first book are not further developed to any degree. Very much enjoy the interludes describing the history and mythology of the Texas Rangers. Will see how Number 3 goes.
R.J. Vaccarelli
Nov 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book. The story was exciting and kept me excited to read and find out what was next! This is the second book in the Strong series and I've read both. I will without a doubt read all the others!
James
Jan 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
I like the Caitlan Strong books a lot. Thet move along at a quick pace which is what I like. Texas ranger justice is also quite swift.
Vivian
3.5-star read
  • Honky Tonk Samurai
  • Spy Games (Spy Camp, #2)
  • Pleasurably Undone!
  • If You Lived Here, You'd Be Home By Now
  • The Man Who Never Returned (Fintan Dunne, #2)
  • Covert Pursuit
  • House at Royal Oak: Starting Over & Rebuilding a Life One Room at a Time
  • The Canticle Kingdom
  • Diamonds for the Dead
  • A Certain "je Ne Sais Quoi": The Origin of Foreign Words Used in English
  • Forbidden Creatures: Inside the World of Animal Smuggling and Exotic Pets
  • Mesopotamia
  • The Slayer (Time Raiders #2)
  • Gideon's War (Gideon Davis, #1)
  • The Dragons of Noor
  • Lady Lazarus (Lady Lazarus Trilogy, #1)
  • The Big Dirt Nap (Dirty Business, #2)
  • Numb
Jon Land is an American author of thriller novels and a screenwriter. He graduated from Brown University in 1979 Phi Beta Kappa and Magna cum Laude. He often bases his novels and scripts on extensive travel and research as well as a twenty-five year career in martial arts. He is an associate member of the US Special Forces and is an emeritus board member the International Thriller Writers. John cu ...more
More about Jon Land

Caitlin Strong (9 books)
  • Strong Enough to Die (Caitlin Strong, #1)
  • Strong at the Break (Caitlin Strong, #3)
  • Strong Vengeance (Caitlin Strong, #4)
  • Strong Rain Falling (Caitlin Strong, #5)
  • Strong Darkness (Caitlin Strong, #6)
  • Strong Light of Day (Caitlin Strong, #7)
  • Strong Cold Dead (Caitlin Strong, #8)
  • Strong to the Bone (Caitlin Strong, #9)

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• Killman Creek (Stillhouse Lake, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Shaken (Jack Daniels Mystery, #7)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Day (Jessie Cole, #1)
  • Split Second
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Killing Lessons (Valerie Hart, #1)
  • Scat
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Blood Money (Joe Dillard #6)
  • Bluebird, Bluebird
    $13.99 $2.99
  • The Falcon at the Portal (Amelia Peabody, #11)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • In Good Faith (Joe Dillard #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Forbidden Stone (The Copernicus Legacy, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Monogram Murders
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Hanging Judge (The Judge Norcross Novels)
  • The Visitant: A Venetian Ghost Story
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Die Like an Eagle (Meg Langslow #20)
  • Damaged
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Virgin in the Ice (The Chronicles of Brother Cadfael)
  • Little Monsters
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Reason to Live (A Marty Singer Mystery Book 1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Agatha Raisin and the Potted Gardener (Agatha Raisin, #3)
  • Infinity Born
    $6.99 $2.49
  • True Fiction (Ian Ludlow Thrillers #1)
  • The Long and Faraway Gone
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Deadly Recall (Jessie Cole, #2)
  • The Curse of the Pharaohs
  • When You Disappeared
  • Queenpin
  • I'm Thinking of Ending Things
  • Song of Kali
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Counterfeit Heiress (Lady Emily, #9)
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Ugly Young Thing (Strangers #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Burglars Can't Be Choosers (Rhodenbarr, #1)
  • Trespassing
    $5.99 $2.99
  • In Cold Blood (A Beatrix Rose Thriller Book 1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Stranger Inside (Strangers #4)
  • The Remains
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Doubt (Caroline Auden, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Signature Wounds (A Grale Thriller Book 1)
  • The Trouble with Goats and Sheep
    $11.99 $2.99
  • The Naturalist (The Naturalist #1)
  • The Girl from the Sea
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Hammerhead Ranch Motel (Serge Storms Mystery, #2)
    $2.99 $1.99
  • The Five Red Herrings (Lord Peter Wimsey, #7)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Lady Cop Makes Trouble  (Kopp Sisters #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Stillhouse Lake (Stillhouse Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • And Only to Deceive (Lady Emily, #1)
    $10.49 $1.99
  • Furious (Faith McMann Trilogy, #1)
  • The Forgotten Ones
  • Moving Day
  • Jade Dragon Mountain
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Hangman's Daughter (The Hangman's Daughter, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The 19th Wife
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Dead Over Heels (Aurora Teagarden, #5)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Whole Enchilada (A Goldy Schulz Culinary Mystery #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Poisonous (Max Revere, #3)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • An Expert in Murder (Josephine Tey, #1)
    $4.74 $1.99
  • Mission Flats
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Death of a Travelling Man (Hamish Macbeth Mystery)
  • The Grave Tender
  • I Am Watching You
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Persons Unknown (DS Manon, #2)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Given Day
  • Anatomy of a Scandal
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Perfect Stranger
    $11.99 $3.99
  • Lying in Wait
    $9.99 $3.99
  • Outrage (Faith McMann Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Lion (John Corey, #5)
  • Poppet
  • Mine
  • Ritual: A Novel
    $13.99 $1.99
  • Injustice For All (Joe Dillard #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrath (Faith McMann Trilogy, #3)
  • Birdman
  • Hanging Hill: A Novel
  • Fractured
  • The Winter Over
  • American by Day
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Shifting Tide (William Monk, #14)
  • The Necklace
  • Good Behavior
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Big Fear (Hollow City Series, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Clockers
  • Never Smile at Strangers
  • The Moonlit Garden
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Holy Island (DCI Ryan Mysteries, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Barkeep
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Good Liar
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Cold (A Joe Tiplady Thriller #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Criminal Defense (Philadelphia Legal #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Poppy Done to Death (Aurora Teagarden, #8)
  • Twisted
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Open and Shut (Andy Carpenter Series, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • No Shred of Evidence (Inspector Ian Rutledge, #18)