Start by marking “Cathedral of Vampires” as Want to Read:
Cathedral of Vampires

Cathedral of Vampires

(Marquis de Sade #3)

"The Marquis de Sade managed to survive the French Revolution despite having a mother-in-law intent on keeping him imprisoned. Madame de Montreuil was smitten with Sade prior to his marriage to her daughter. Once the rumors about his debauchery started, she decided it would be best to have him confined either in a jail or an asylum.

Not that Sade was more depraved than the
Mass Market Paperback, 355 pages
Published June 28th 2002 by Leisure Books (first published June 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Cathedral of Vampires, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cathedral of Vampires

Deborah Ideiosepius
There are many kinds of bad books (in fact, their numbers are legion), there are ones with poor characterisations and clumsy writing so that the reader never knows who is who, who saying what or what is meant to be happening. Others are bad because they childishly over-dramatise and fail to make anyone or anything believable. Others are immature, where the writer is trying to write about something they know nothing about, and so remain unconvincing.

Cathedral of Vampires, is ALL of these things.
Kelly
I thank you Ms. Mitchell, for providing me with an excusable reason to remain the anti-social degenerate I am. Sure, the book is a bit campy, but hey, it's the sugar to my Kool-Aid. A story filled with gore, blood, sexuality and enough debauchery to fulfill any reader's needs.

Now, on with the show, shall we? The plot is sadistically entertaining; keeping it simple, with a good dose of graphic goth. The atmosphere is disturbing and aggressive. It oppresses you with a sense of pain and vengeance.
Gregg Chamberlain
Aug 23, 2016 rated it liked it
An okay read for vampire fiction. This is the third in a series in which the overall premise is that the Marquis de Sade has survived the decades since his alleged death as a vampire and is continuing his sadistic indulgences, despite opposition from others, both human and vampire. I am not enthused enough to want to find and read the first two books in the series or pursue the later books. So this is going into the "book recycling" box for the next visit to the library for donations to its book ...more
Monica
Jan 15, 2008 rated it liked it
Pretty decent. The Marquis de Sade did not die in France as many believe. He is a vampire, terrorizing the streets of France. Cecelia is chasing after him, hoping to destroy him. Justin, a half-breed, is chasing after Cecelia to keep her safe and make her love him. Marie, Sade's mother-in-law, is after Sade. She wants to kill him and sate her own bloodlust. The action was good, but the ending was disappointing. I hate it when I don't know what happens to a character or two. Guess there will be a ...more
Robb Bridson
Jan 01, 2013 rated it did not like it
I'm not sure why I got this book in the first place. I didn't look close enough, I guess. I took the back cover's word that it was horror rather than "urban fantasy" and I didn't realize it was third in a series until I read the about-the-author.
I should have skimmed over the first page. reading it, I knew I would hate this book. And I should have been able to guess. Vampires are played out, and vampire protagonists are the worst. But this book is somehow even more terrible.
Tiara
Feb 16, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: horror
Interesting continuation of a group of books focusing on the premise that Marquis de Sade is a vampire and has created a female vampire who won't rest until she kills him or something. You know the usual "I'll get you for turning me into a vampire" fare. Pretty standard stuff (vampire angst, etc., etc.) aside from the Marquis de Sade being a vampire.
Sep 13, 2012 marked it as did-not-finish
I could not finish this book. I tried giving it a shot (reading the first fifteen chapters) but I gave up. Reading should be a pleasure, not a burden. I just could not sympathize with any of the main characters, perhaps in part due to this being the third book in a series. I also expect that this book was not written for people like me. Sade's sadism was too much.
Tiffany
Dec 15, 2009 rated it did not like it
Shelves: smuck
I did not like the ending at all. It was the worst ending I feel that I have ever read. It just didn't go how I thought and hoped it was going to go. When I was finished I could have just thrown it away....
colleen
Nov 14, 2007 rated it liked it
Shelves: vampires, scpl
read 05.06.07
Travis Nacke
Feb 28, 2015 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book even though it wasn't that deep. It was a quick easy read. I haven't read the first 2 books but I may at some point in the future. The authur's writing style is very good.
Kammie
Jan 04, 2012 rated it liked it
3rd book in series. Hard to press on hard to keep reading. Wasn't as good as before books.
Tobyann Aparisi
Aug 27, 2007
Marie-claude Perras
Nov 06, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • The Vampire's Revenge (Savannah Vampire, #5)
  • Legacy Forgotten (The Avalon Legacies, #1)
  • The Vampire Files, Volume 1 (Vampire Files, #1-3)
  • Love Without Blood (Eternal Eros Trilogy #1)
  • X-Rated Bloodsuckers (Felix Gomez, #2)
  • The Black Castle (Don Sebastian Vampire Chronicles #1)
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Food Chain (Buffy the Vampire Slayer Comic #15 Buffy Season 3)
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Autumnal (Buffy the Vampire Slayer Comic #26 Buffy Season 5)
  • Vampire Stories
  • Live Girls (Davey Owen #1)
  • Love's Charade
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Dust Waltz (Buffy the Vampire Slayer Comic#8  Buffy Season 2)
  • The Vampire Sextette
  • Daughter of Darkness (Darkness, #1)
  • Vampyrrhic
  • The Dead Travel Fast: Stalking Vampires from Nosferatu to Count Chocula
  • Wounds
  • Dark War (Matt Richter #3)
As a child, Mary Ann Mitchell wrote short stories, essays, and poetry. When she was twelve she sent her short stories to the night editor of The Journal American, who encouraged her to send more. Her mother intercepted the letters and forbade her from writing. Seems some of the family’s dark secrets were oozing onto Mary Ann’s written pages. Her writing became secret and sporadic. Once she complet ...more

Marquis de Sade (6 books)
  • Sips of Blood
  • Quenched
  • Tainted Blood
  • The Vampire de Sade (Marquis de Sade, #5)
  • In the Name of the Vampire