Start by marking “Gemini Rising” as Want to Read:
Gemini Rising

Read Excerpt

Gemini Rising

Over 5,000 years ago, Sumerian cuneiform tablets warned future civilizations of the planet Nibiru. Every six thousand years the tenth planet crosses Earth's solar system spreading death and destruction. During its latest crossing Kate and Ryan Kelly learn to survive a post-apocalyptic Earth.

Sent to help sustain Earth, Noah, a member of the intergalactic counsel, joins with
Published February 8th 2010 by Crescent Moon Press

To ask other readers questions about Gemini Rising, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gemini Rising

Start your review of Gemini Rising
Rachel Firasek
Dec 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic story! The questions that Carroll makes you ponder will have you considering this book long after THE END. I've been chatting up my hubby for days, driving him crazy with all of my "what if" scenerios. Thanks for a great read.
Renee Rearden
Dec 22, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Kathryn Kelly must learn to face her fear of being ridiculed and rejected in order to survive. She has been chosen to record a monumental event: The world is changing, and Earth will never be the same.
Isis
Gemini Rising - Louann Carroll

A fascinating take on one possible future, and past, for Earth and her inhabitants. This story explains the reason(s) for the repeated demise of cultures that seemed to be at the pinnacle, only to suddenly be snuffed out, for no known reason. Some were explained by the different Ice Ages, but couldn't explain what caused such radical atmospheric shifts as to create an Ice Age.

The story follows three main characters. A mother, Kate, and her 13 year old son Ryan, and
⚜️Trea
I had high hopes for this book when I read the back cover blurb, thinking that this would be a really great futuristic/Science Fiction romance. Sadly, the book didn't live up to the excitement generated on the back cover for me.

First of all, it seemed to me that the heroine, Kate, did nothing but cry for the first two thirds of the book, something I found very annoying. A few episodes I could understand, but it just seemed like she had to cry about everything, all the time. I had also hoped that
Jean Murray
Dec 13, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a fabulous book. Ms. Carroll’s story takes place in one of the most beautiful areas of Arizona – Sedona. I have had the opportunity to visit Sedona, and reading Ms. Carroll’s book brought me right back to that experience. She is hands down one of the best sensorial writers. I felt like I was there with the characters experiencing the sights, sounds, smells and tastes of the desert and the beautiful world that surrounds us, but don’t get too attached, because the world as we know it is ab ...more
Traci Bell
Feb 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The author paints an eerie and descriptive picture of the coming apocalypse and its devastating effects on earth. It didn't take me long to finish this book, as I wanted to know how Kate and Ryan Kelly, a Recorder of the event and her Healer son, forge a new life in the unknown new world. If you like stories about the apocalypse, this is a good one!
Amy
Jun 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. The plot was so unexpected and the characters were outstandingly developed! Can't wait for more from this author!
Patricia Lee
Jan 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
The author paints a picture with vivid imagery and strong emotion of pre and post apocalyptic Earth after a planet, scheduled to return every six thousand years, comes too close to the world.
Joanne Marlene Clark
Apr 06, 2011
Belle
May 21, 2011
Sherry
rated it did not like it
Apr 01, 2017
Jody
Jul 11, 2012
Linda B.D.
Sep 13, 2012
Book Trailers (tm...: Book Trailer for Ethereal Fury by Jessica O'Gorek 1 2 Nov 07, 2013 08:02PM
Win a Free Psychic Reading 1 6 May 08, 2010 11:25AM
Louann Carroll is a Native Californian living in the Sierra Nevada foothills with her husband, Dennis.

Mother to three children, she is an avid rock, fossil, and gem hunter who enjoys sharing her finds with family and friends. She is a student of alternative religion, archaeology, anthropology, and paleontology.

After leaving her position as C.E.O. in the Bay Area, she has pursued her writing career

News & Interviews