Start by marking “El ladrón del rayo (Percy Jackson y los dioses del Olimpo, #1)” as Want to Read:
El ladrón del rayo (Percy Jackson y los dioses del Olimpo, #1)

El ladrón del rayo

(Percy Jackson and the Olympians #1)

4.27  ·  Rating details ·  2,257,355 ratings  ·  68,907 reviews
¿Qué pasaría si un día descubrieras que, en realidad, eres hijo de un dios griego que debe cumplir una misión secreta? Pues eso es lo que le sucede a Percy Jackson, que a partir de ese momento se dispone a vivir los acontecimientos más emocionantes de su vida.

Expulsado de seis colegios, Percy padece dislexia y dificultades para concentrarse, o al menos ésa es la versión of
Published September 2013 by Salamandra (first published June 28th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about El ladrón del rayo, please sign up.
Ximena whaaaaa? the books are soooo good!! the reason is that the movies try to fit all the good details in 1 hour! try that! the movies based on books, like…morewhaaaaa? the books are soooo good!! the reason is that the movies try to fit all the good details in 1 hour! try that! the movies based on books, like the movie home, are terrible compared to the books!(less)

·  2,257,355 ratings  ·  68,907 reviews

Start your review of El ladrón del rayo (Percy Jackson y los dioses del Olimpo, #1)
Ela
I'm slightly ashamed to say that I watched the movie before I read the book. But I'm even more ashamed that I watched the movie only to experience the hotness that is Logan Lerman.

But, come on! Someone tell me that this , is not hot:

Really. What did I tell you? (I do imagine that you probably won't read the rest of the review anf just stare at this gif instead, but that's no reason not to like my review! :D)

But, I really have to thank Logan. I really do. Because without his unfreakingbelieveabl
Jesse (JesseTheReader)
A+ Writing
A+ Plot
A+ Characters
A+ MONSTERS

I thoroughly enjoyed this book! I wish I hadn't watched the movie before reading it, because I felt like that ruined a bit of enjoyment of this book for me, but for the most part I had such a fun time reading this book and I'm looking forward to continuing on with the series.
chan ☆
Jan 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020
alright maybe y'all have a point ...more
Jayson
(A-) 82% | Very Good
Notes: It’s sugar and caffeine: a dulcet pop sonnet moved by rhyming couplets of worldbuilding and perilous confrontation.
Destinee Sutton
Jul 30, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Destinee by: The children of SPL
Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies
Chiron looked surprised. “I thought that would be obvious enough. The entrance to the Underworld is in Los Angeles.
As someone who has worked in Los Angeles, I can tell you that this is completely accurate.

While Harry Potter was spending his summers at the Dursleys, Percy Jackson attended Camp Half-Blood. This book has done the impossible: it has redeemed the name of Percy.

Yes, that's right, that snot-faced, lily-livered waste of air of the very same name from the Harry Potter universe. That
Emily May
Sep 30, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult, 2014
Were you a bit weird in school? Or are you still in school and think you're kinda weird? I mean, everyone is weird, but you know that I mean. Maybe you didn't fit in, maybe people thought you were a bit of a loser. Maybe you had learning difficulties, were a target for bullies, got into trouble a lot, maybe it seemed like your teachers just didn't like you. Maybe you sucked at reading and were even diagnosed with dyslexia. Or ADHD.

Well, don't worry. Truth is, you're actually most likely a child
may ➹
Annabeth: calls Percy a wild animal

me: 🥺🥺 romance 🥺🥺

——————

DISNEY+ ADAPTATION THE GAYS WON WE WON!!!!!!

(if you think I am handling this well I absolutely am not)

——————

all right who’s going to step up and convince me not to reread this for the sixth time....... somebody’s gotta do it and it’s not me

——————

yeah I’ve read this five times and want to reread it again, what about it

——————

I’m crying I love this book and series so much my parents taught me how to read just so I could read this book I can
Tharindu Dissanayake
"You need to study war, punk."

Given how well received this book is (and the entire series), I was looking forward to continue my fantasy to-read list with Percy Jackson and the Olympians for a while now. I know it's children's book, but when has that ever stopped me.. But still, one cannot help but be somewhat anxious while starting a new series, for things could go either way. And when things turn out better than expected - like it did with Lightening Thief - life is beautiful. This is a wonder
NReads
Sep 11, 2016 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I don't care if this is middle grade literature. I am starting this soon! ...more
Virginia Ronan ♥ Herondale ♥
Believe it or not, but this was actually my first Rick Riordan book!!!

AND

I really enjoyed it!!! *lol*

This was such an epic adventure and I loved the countless hints and references to Greek Mythology! XD Rick Riordan’s approach definitely was a more than just funny one and I couldn’t help but had to laugh out loud whenever Percy opened his mouth!
I swear that young boy is the embodiment of sass and the more I read about him, the more I got attached to this awesome boy! <3 I want to adopt Perseus
Samadrita
EDIT 09/06/2013:- That's it. I have had my fill of too many stupid, brain-cell destroying comments posted on this review in the past few months asking me to write a 'best-selling book' before attempting to take apart Rick Riordan's writing. As if the exclusive privilege of negatively criticizing a book is accorded only to published writers and not ordinary reviewers/readers.
I do have the right to record my feelings about a book in my review. And it's such a shame that I am actually being fo
Mark Lawrence
Feb 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've read all (I think) of this series to my daughter, Celyn, but somehow this one escaped being reviewed until now.

I half-watched the film a year or two before we read this. Actually it was Rick reading (and being kind enough to review) my own trilogy that steered me toward picking up these books for Celyn (she's very disabled and can't read books for herself).

Anyway, it was a very good read. Celyn enjoyed the action and humour, and I enjoyed seeing the Greek legends I loved reading about as a
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
I just had to get the illustrated edition! It's so awesome! I will leave some pics below and I took them last night so they are not great shots. =)

There are A LOT more pictures as you can guess. Like I said, sorry about the darkish pics. I was taking them while laying in bed last night. Lol

Happy Reading!

Mel ♥

•••••••••••
First Reading

I am FINALLY getting around to reading this series.

I thought the movies were okay, I do wish they would remake them and make them better, like the books =)

Poor P
Melanie

five stars, because this book just makes me so very happy.

Blog | Instagram | Youtube | Ko-fi | Spotify | Twitch

Content and Trigger Warnings: bullying, loss of a parent, minor blood depiction, talk of abuse, and arachnophobia.
Sofia
May 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Chapter One: I Accidentally Vaporize the Person who Tried to Take this Book Away from Me

Look, I didn't want to be obsessed.
If you're reading this because you think you're only going to read The Lightning Thief once, my advice is: close this book right now. Believe whatever lie your mom or dad told you about binge-reading, and try to be a normal person.
Being obsessed with this book is dangerous. It's scary. Most of the time, it gets you killed because you want to read it just one more time.
I
 Teodora
Sep 02, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: on-app, fantasy, ya, mythology
me: *two months ago* I don't think I'm going to read this any time soon
me: * right now* oh yay Percy Jackson!!

I'd lie if I'd say I did not enjoy this :D

(Book-styled)
Bentley ★ Bookbastion.net
My inner child is absolutely devastated that I didn't read this series when I was a kid. Percy Jackson was one of those series that was always there, just on the periphery of my social conscious. I knew I should read it, but for one reason or another I gravitated to other things instead.

Thankfully, as an adult who likes reviewing books for fun in my spare time, I have absolutely no shame about reading the series now, even if it was originally intended for a younger audience. In some ways, I thi
jessica
Jul 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this is one of the most common books that pops up on my feed. no joke. i probably see this at least a couple times a week, so i finally gave in and read it! yay me! hehe.

i will admit, this is the first time i have read a middle grade novel since i was that age, but i have to hand it to rick riordan. this story is sooo unique, which is hard to do considering how many fantasy novels are out there for young readers. and i have no doubt that, if i had first read when i was a kid, i would have been b
Cara
Dec 16, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: reluctant readers
Recommended to Cara by: Gerson
Really is there something I could say that hasn't been said? Doubtful, but in utterly stupid human style I will write a review anyway attempting to tell people how cool this book is.

This is plainly an awesome idea. I had always wondered what happened to the kids of half gods/goddess and humans. Here's the story to quench your curiosity. Percy Jackson has been dumped around from border school to border school. He has never been quite like anybody else, but as the end of sixth grade approaches h
emma
A list of reasons I love this book, brought to you by Nostalgia™:

- clickbait chapter titles
- middle grade book that doesn’t write down to its audience
- percy jackson was my first book boyfriend and remains the most iconic of my middle school crushes
- I kind of like him better than harry potter???
- he mails the severed head of a monster to the fucking gods bc they weren't being appreciative enough of him
- basically, the son of the sea god is literally and figuratively salty
- annabeth is only 12 y
karen
Nov 16, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this is a perfect book for young teenagers. if you were trying to devise a formula for writing a perfect book for this age group, you could not have done much better than this.

1) mysterious parentage. kids are totally self-absorbed. some never grow out of it, of course, but in younger people, it is more excusable - their internal life makes up the majority of their experience, they are used to being the center of attention and they spend a lot of time thinking about themselves and fantasizing. s
Reading_ Tamishly
Aug 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
(Imagine my eyes bleeding after reading non-stop for almost 6 hours holding the book rolling on my bed, pacing nervously in my room and actually telling myself to calm down every 10 minutes because things are happening too fast in the book)

*Imagine Rick Riordan obsessed with Hilary Duff's So Yesterday* (it was fun to know how while reading this book ☺️)

Dear Peter Johnson 😁😁
(If you remember this particular line from the book, you know what I mean)

🖤 4 stars 🖤 for all that if-you-are-not-running
Brigid ✩
6/9/20:

Some friends and I are doing a reread of this series in light of the TV series announcement, so yeah! Finished rereading this one for the...fourth time I guess? And I truly never tire of it, still one of my absolute favorite books/series of all time.

I feel like my previous reviews pretty much sum up my thoughts so I’ll just leave it at that haha, anyway my older reviews of it are below.

Yet another review (5/30/14):

Well I feel like I've rewritten/updated my review of this like a billion
Tina ➹ the girl who lives in Fandoms
4.5 Golden stars

before I start talking about how awesome this book/series is; I should say:
description

&
second,

"Read Rick Riordan's books in English or you miss half the FUN!"

I saw that happened!

This Book/Series/Universe is a "must read" to anyone who loves myths, Regardless of Age. {for proof: I read it first when I was 22 & fell in love immediately by the first sentences! (which was the chapter's title!)} though it probably depends on you have active inner child & love mythology in modern days with lots o
Mohammed Arabey
Nov 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Mohammed by: Raoufa Ibrahim
One of the Greatest Urban Fantasy's Beginning I've ever read.

Now as I join Hogwarts every September to May, I'll spend my Summers in Half Blood Camps.
It's awfully late for me, I know. But I was stubborn enough to not listen to 2 of my best half blood friends here on Goodreads to visit the Olympians.
“Gods—the forces you call the Greek gods—are very much alive.”
I can't believe it's just Mr. Rick Riordan’s first novel.
And Believe me if you didn't read it..you missed a real great series..

Very well w
The Burning Rose (Jess)
I found a file on my computer with pictures of percabeth fanarts and felt the urge to re-read this masterpiece.
Read it in one breath. YES YES YES. I miss all of these characters 🖤
mxa ☂︎
The only word I can think of that’s relevant to how I felt about this book is Fun, Fun, Fun . Why in the world haven’t I picked this book up when I was in middle school, I’ll never know. Lbr, what’s in the past is in the past and I’ll just have to get over the fact that I might have crawled out of my shy shell sooner if these books were in my life earlier. On a positive note, I have the whole series on hand ready for me to binge as well as 2763274 other series to look forward to. that’s #sort ...more
Mash
This was just as good as everyone said.

Review to come...

------------------------------

So I have a confession to make. I've never read the Percy Jackson series, ever. I know, I know, it's like a reading staple and I probably should have read the series years ago but I just never got around to it. Whenever I wanted to read them, the books weren't available and when they were, I wasn't in the mood to read them.

But I've decided that in May (of this year), I'm going to finally read the whole series
Sabrina
May 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Finally I have done it! I’ve read a book by Rick Riordan.

I guess 2019 will be the year of reading books that have been on my bookshelf for thousands of years.

3.5/5 stars ✨
Word game starting with Percy! 501 258 Sep 17, 2021 07:39AM
Last one to post is a winner! 20589 2691 Sep 15, 2021 01:14PM
Which of the Big Three would you rather be 65 163 Sep 14, 2021 10:00AM
Goodreads Librari...: Please add page count to ASIN B081P16Q2G 2 6 Aug 28, 2021 02:28PM
Fandoms - Maze Ru...: * The Lightning Thief 8 19 Aug 25, 2021 06:28AM
What character are you? 23 126 Aug 18, 2021 11:03AM
Most Relatable Character? 10 39 Aug 18, 2021 11:02AM

• Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1)
  • The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)
  • Divergent (Divergent, #1)
  • The Maze Runner (The Maze Runner, #1)
  • Eragon (The Inheritance Cycle, #1)
  • Twilight (The Twilight Saga, #1)
  • Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter, #3)
  • Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2)
  • The Giver (The Giver, #1)
  • City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)
  • The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (Chronicles of Narnia, #1)
  • The Fault in Our Stars
  • The Selection (The Selection, #1)
  • Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3)
  • Comic Book for Blood of Olympus
  • Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children, #1)
  • The Son of Neptune: The Graphic Novel (The Heroes of Olympus: The Graphic Novels, #2)
  • The Lightning Thief: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels, #1)
See top shelves…
Rick Riordan is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of many books, including the Percy Jackson series. You can follow him on Twitter and via his official website.

Percy Jackson and the Olympians (5 books)
  • The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2)
  • The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3)
  • The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4)
  • The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5)

Articles featuring this book

“If my life is going to mean anything, I have to live it myself.” 9065 likes
“Deadlines just aren't real to me until I'm staring one in the face.” 5963 likes