Start by marking “He's My Daughter: A Mother's Journey to Acceptance” as Want to Read:
He's My Daughter: A Mother's Journey to Acceptance

He's My Daughter: A Mother's Journey to Acceptance

3.3  ·  Rating details ·  10 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
A shocking phone call from their distraught daughter-in-law was how Lynda and Richard Langley learnt that their son had started his transition from a man to a woman. The mad rush to their son's hospital bedside, anguish and fear for his physical health, shock from the nature of his injury, and the dread of the challenges to be faced in the coming months and years...Lynda's ...more
Published September 1st 2002 by Indra Publishing

To ask other readers questions about He's My Daughter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about He's My Daughter

Tanya
Mar 03, 2014 rated it liked it
This book was written as a mothers account of a transgender journey, as she watches her son Tony transition into a woman (Toni) after Tony attempts to perform a gonadectomy on himself. The account is sometimes empathetic and mournful, with a mother feeling the loss of her son, and the feeling of intensity passed on to the reader. There is confusion and learning how to support a child through such massive transformations, and her continued support for her child is astounding and admirable.
The bo
Toni
Nov 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Awesome autobiography of a mother's experience of her son's dramatic and desperate transition to female. From horror and panic to acceptance, a loving and inspirational account of a mother's love and her desperate search for knowledge and understanding. A very moving account of trans life from an intimate observers perspective. As trans myself, I recommend this to anyone experiencing or anticipating transition. Also I recommend it to those supporting or trying to understand another's transition.
Gem
May 15, 2013 rated it liked it
Very well written and easy for anyone to pick up and read. A great book for family, partners and friends of someone who is transitioning from male to female.
Ivy
Jan 06, 2011 rated it it was ok
I read this book when I was interested in sex/ gender / transsexualism. It is not a bad/ boring/ ill-written book; I just don't particularly recommend it.
Katie Miller