Start by marking “Resep Perkawinan Sempurna - Recipes For A Perfect Marriage” as Want to Read:
Resep Perkawinan Sempurna - Recipes For A Perfect Marriage

Resep Perkawinan Sempurna - Recipes For A Perfect Marriage

Desain cover-art oleh Satya Utama Jadi

Kata orang, tidak ada yang namanya perkawinan sempurna.
Yang sebenarnya tidak ada, adalah perkawinan yang mudah.
Tressa Nolan, penulis kuliner top di New York, pulang berbulan madu dengan perasaan telah menikahi laki-laki yang salah. Suaminya, Dan, yang luar biasa tampan itu, dinikahinya lebih karena panik, bukan cinta.

Pada tahun 1930
Published March 2010 by Gramedia Pustaka Utama (first published 2003)

Be the first to ask a question about Resep Perkawinan Sempurna - Recipes For A Perfect Marriage

Start your review of Resep Perkawinan Sempurna - Recipes For A Perfect Marriage
Tea Jovanović
One of the books I've enjoyed most being editor of, and one I was proud of discovering for Serbian market... So much, that I 'made' my friend Croatian editor bying rights too...
Mary Aris
Jul 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I truly enjoyed this book! I couldn't put it down as I wanted to find out what happened to the main character's grandmother's romance and the secret behind her arranged marriage.

Young food writer Tressa Nolan wakes up one morning after her honeymoon and realizes that she may have married the gorgeous Dan, a maintenance man in her building out of panic than love. Then Tressa unwraps one of her wedding gifts, her grandmother Bernadine's cook book and diaries. In her grandmother's diaries and cook
Rosemary
Sep 14, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Rosemary by: I happened onto it online.
When I started to read it I wasn't sure I could relate with the main character. It is about a single New York food critic who has a cute guy fall in love with her and she marries him. After the hoopla of the wedding, she realizes that she really doesn't love him and decides that in 6 months or so she will back out and say she gave it a good try. Meanwhile, she takes her Irish Grandmothers old recipes and starts to compile a cookbook to publish. She finds that her Grandmother has included her ...more
Lauren Beckett
May 17, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I'm not so pretentious as to be totally averse to chick lit, I've read a couple and at times even enjoyed their trashiness. However, I really disliked this book and actually found it offensive.

Aside from it being the most predictable thing I've read, I take umbridge with: a. how seriously it takes itself b. how weak and ridiculous the females in it are c. Its supposed moral.

Normally, I wouldn't write a review of trite crap like this as it doesn't deserve the time of day, however, the fact it
Leanne
Jan 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this not long after getting married, and I totally related to the main character. Many have written that she is a bratty wife who doesn’t appreciate anything. I found her to be very realistic and not unlike many urban women her age.
She doesn’t want to have mean thoughts, she just does. Their relationship is sweet but needs to grow, that is why she seems shallow. Love grows and changes over time and I think that is reflected well in this story.
Readers commented that she has “a good man”
Marinda Misra
After I read this book I couldn’t help but think that EVERY PERSON WHO EVER WANTED TO BE IN LOVE SHOULD READ THIS BOOK - so everyone on the planet. It's a wonderful duel-timeline story that follows a woman in modern day through her first year of marriage and her grandmother through her entire arranged marriage as both figures out what real love means. So you should check it out and read it - just make sure you have a ton of patience and empathy for the characters because they are ridiculously ...more
Primadonna
The idea isn't new, but it was written well. However I find the recipes too bland for my taste and the female protagonists quite annoying for complaining too much at first. Sometimes I feel like, you fool, you should be grateful. He he but perhaps it's just me.

So it's 3.5.
Brianna Bowman
Oct 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
'Recipes for a Perfect Marriage' is a very warm, comforting, and easy read, with little gems of wisdom peppered throughout, and might I say surprisingly thought provoking and honest. Like the author describes in the Q&A section of the book, this story demonstrates the generational differences of opinion towards marriage, which I realized I had never given much significant thought. Full disclosure, I am getting married next summer after being with the my boyfriend for the last 7 years, and so ...more
Becky
Nov 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tressa is a successful food writer and kitchen designer living and working in Manhattan. But while her professional life is flourishing, her personal life is lacking. Tressa wants a husband and a family but still hasn't met the right man. And considering her flings with arrogant chefs in the industry are leading nowhere fast, she doesn't have much hope of meeting anyone anytime soon.

Until she does.

Dan, the super at her building, is hot. And he's into her. REALLY into her. And when - just a few
Julie Haigh
Oct 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone, particularly fans of Patricia Scanlan, Cathy Kelly, Sheila O'Flanagan
Recommended to Julie by: Won a signed copy in a goodreads giveaway
This book is like a gorgeous piece of hot chocolate fudge cake without the calories!

This book is just the sort of book I like, it has all the right ingredients. I won this book in a goodreads.com giveaway and had not heard of Kate Kerrigan before but the book sounded great from the summary given on the giveaway. Some of my favourite authors are Patricia Scanlan, Sheila O'Flanagan and Cathy Kelly and Kate Kerrigan is now going to be among those and I will read all the books I can find that she
Kristi
Take grandmother Bernadine of Ireland in 1932, add in her admiring granddaughter Tressa of New York in 2004, and you have this lovely novel Recipes For A Perfect Marriage by Morag Prunty.

This story brought deep discussion to the Mindful Readers, as book club members shared interesting opinions and perspectives on the relationships Bernadine and Tressa have with their respective devoting husbands James and Dan.

With Bernadine and Tressa living generations apart, our ”why this?” and “why that?”
Marcia
Jun 06, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Together with a nice collection of recipes, Prunty juxtaposes the marriages of Tressa (Manhattan in 2004) and Bernadine, her grandmother (Ireland in the 1930s). Loyalty, commitment, trust, just enough sugar, tart rhubarb, spicy cloves...in both marriage and cooking, a little of this, a little of that...you'll know when it's right.

Many Post-Its marked some wonderful passages on love, marriage and motherhood: ...romantic love should always stay the way I knew it. Locked away, like a precious
Lorelei
Jun 08, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
I really, really liked this book - liked it so much I wanted to share it with everybody ... right up to the end, which I felt fell completely flat. I just wish the stories had been tied together in some way that didn't feel like a cheap out. I still like the book. I still am recommending it to everyone I know. It is just too bad. I feel a bit silly complaining about a book that I enjoyed and kept me happily reading all the way through - it is a really good book instead of a brilliant one, what's ...more
Marcia Brineman
Sep 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book

Kerrigan’s wisdom is beyond words. I am 71 years old and lost my husband of 32 years to cancer. Was it a fairy tale: the perfect marriage. In retrospect, yes it was. The kind of perfect marriage that every marriage is and can be. With commitment, kindness and love, every marriage is as perfect as we allow it. I always felt that my friends were jealous of the love and happiness that my husband and I shared. I think Kerrigan shows us that it’s out there for everyone. We make our own
Sara
Sep 29, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Did not like this book, the protagonist was in no way endearing. She married a lovely man who somehow is beneath her station even though she is nothing special. She was lonely and old enough to be married, so she made it happen. However, she invests nothing into her marriage or relationship. She never realizes how lucky she is to have a good man like her husband--as it is obvious when she books a hotel room to have an affair with a loser she finds in a bar...

I won't give it away, but read
Jill
Sep 15, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun read sprinkled with wisdom. Quotes from the book:
"There is no such thing as an easy marriage".
"I wonder then if marriage is about love at all. Perhaps it is just the dance two people make, when they move quietly about the same house. Perhaps it is not how I feel about my husband's little foibles that matters, but the fact that I know about them at all. Perhaps intimacy is not just loving everything about him, but knowing everything about him---and staying anyway"
Allison
Rarely have I enjoyed the writing in a book so much and the main characters so little. Simultaneous stories of a grandmother and granddaughter, both of whom married and them immediately decided they hated their husbands. Very unsympathetic and, to me at least, plain unlikeable. However - the writing, descriptions and details were wonderful. Very odd feeling, loving a book and disliking the characters so much.
Carole
Oct 06, 2009 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I was hoping to like this. In addition to promising wisdom about love and marriage, it was about two Irish couples--one contemporary in the US, and one an earlier generation living in Ireland. But the two couples were mismatched and miserable, only coming to terms with their marriages after many wasted years of unhappiness. I found their stories depressing.
Lindsay
Jan 20, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good read for those new to marriage or engaged.....shows another side of love. I didn't like it at all at first but as it went I understood more and learned some things...
Alexis Williams
Jul 20, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a quick read and a cute story.
Aimée Struwig
Jan 30, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
It is well written and the added recipes between the chapters give the book charm, butI was hoping for a warmer read.
Sev
Dec 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a book belonging to the pile of chick lit books I got from this British lady who was cleaning up her bookshelves. I had no clue about the author. The blurb at the back spoke about recipes transmitted by an Irish grand mother to her American grand daughter. And about difficult love stories.

Tressa is almost 40, she lives in New York, is a culinary critic, and has lots of very trendy and classy friends. Tressa is in a hurry to get married, and she marries the first handsome man who
Smitha
Jan 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Modern marriages are laden with expectations, that's the moral of the story that the author bases her narrative on.

She uses two first person narratives, the not so Young food writer Tessa who marries her Super Dan, hearing the ticking of her biological clock. And is disenchanted immediately after, nitpicking on his shortcomings. She has married beneath her, and he would never fit in with the crowd that she used to move in. Add to it a move to the suburbs, albeit to a house that she falls in love
C
Aug 07, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition

I really didn’t want to finish this novel as well as having to write a review for it, so here goes.

The author/main person in this novel annoyed me so very much – she is not affectionate or caring at all. She married a very lovely man who somehow is beneath her standards even though she is nothing special. She was lonely and old enough to be married, so she made it happen. However, she invests nothing into her marriage or relationship – all she does is
Liv Chapé
May 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book really surprised me. The title suggests that it will be airy-fairy, but actually it is very real, and maybe somewhat depressing. I was hooked! Finally someone is sharing the truth about what marriage is really like, so maybe she might hold the key secrets to how to live a happier life?

Each major chapter shares an old irish recipe, which begins the them to that chapter, relating it to real life. Very cute! Then it reads like a classic chic-lit book. I'm a fan of the old Jane Green books
Annabelle Solt
In 1930's Ireland, Bernadine falls in love with Michael. Her family cannot provide a dowry and he sails off to America. A marriage is arranged for her with James, a school teacher. James loves her very much. Bernadine still loves Michael. James and Bernadine live a long life together and have one child.

In 1950's America, Bernadine's granddaughter, Tressa, marries Dan. She is constantly trying to decide if she married him because she truly loves him or because it was time for her to be married.
Izzie d
Very different writing style.
Two stories, one present day heroine, one history of her grandmother.
Both heroines were quite dislikeable and selfish at times but that's maybe due to their honesty in their perspective.
No intimate scenes.
Modern day heroine is constantly unsure of her feelings for her new husband and tries to resolve this by kissing an ex. She planned to have sex with him but couldn't go through with it.
The grandmother is refused marriage to her "Micheal" and feels she's in love with
Sandie Scott
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Like grandmother, like granddaughter

Wow! What a story! I don’t believe I’ve ever read a book where the marriages of a grandmother and granddaughter are similar in how they came to love. James wasn’t Bernadine’s choice as a husband, and Dan was Tressa’s desperation choice. At times I got angry at the way these women treated their husbands but reading about their marriages and what it took to acknowledge love, kept me reading because I wanted an HEA. Prepare yourself for the last chapter. That
Virginia Markhart
There were parts of this book that I really enjoyed. I liked the connection between grandmother/granddaughter. The chapters bounced back and forth between their lies and woven between the chapters was an actual recipe. Very nice format. Each of the women disgusted me at different points in their lives. They both had their own outlook about marriage and love. I found it interesting that the granddaughter held her grandparents marriage up as the perfect union. Her grandmother did not share that ...more
Jennyb
Sep 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a bit of a surprise, I didn't think I would enjoy it & yet I did. It's easy reading & I finished it fairly quickly. The female characters were in my opinion rather mean & spiteful individuals, however, I reckon there must be many a women in relationships much like the one's Bernadine & Tressa were in. I have to say that my sympathy does lie with the husbands, especially poor James who's unrequited love lasted his entire marriage.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• The Miracle Of Grace
  • The Dress (Everyday Magic, #1)
  • Something From Tiffany’s
  • The Rome Affair
  • The Crying Book
  • The Dress
  • Me and Mr. Darcy
  • The Abortionist's Daughter
  • The School Run
  • If You Could Go Anywhere
  • Incarcerated: Letters from Inmate 92510 (Love and War #1)
  • My Memory Told Me a Secret
  • A Deep Dark Secret
  • The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things: Stories
  • The Other Woman
  • The Love Prison Made and Unmade: My Story
  • The Book in Room 316
  • After the Dance: My Life With Marvin Gaye

Kate Kerrigan is an author living and working in Ireland. Her novels are Recipes for a Perfect Marriage, The Miracle of Grace, Ellis Island, City of Hope, Land of Dreams and The Lost Garden.

Kate began her career as an editor and journalist, editing many of Britain’s most successful young women’s magazines before returning to her native Ireland in the 1990’s to edit Irish Tatler. She writes a
“Hidup ini kadang keras,tetapi kita membuatnya jadi lebih keras lagi melalui cara pandang kita.” 5 likes
“Seorang ibu akan selalu khawatir memikirkan anaknya, setiap hari selama hidupnya.” 5 likes