Start by marking “Mating Call (In Heat, #2)” as Want to Read:
Mating Call (In Heat, #2)

Mating Call

(In Heat #2)

The English winter weather has no chance of cooling Kim down when her dreams of Erik return, and this time they’re hotter than ever! Having spent the past two years waiting to be in heat again so she can mate with her black panther shape-shifter lover, Erik Blackwell, Kim is excited about the prospect that she’s ready at last. But there’s one thing that she isn’t ready for ...more
ebook
Published December 2007

To ask other readers questions about Mating Call, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mating Call

Gretchen
I really wanted to like this book more than I did.
The idea of the story was appealing. I was able to believe that the characters thought and felt the things described. The dream scenes were well written. It was a good read until the end.
It seemed as though the author lost concentration for the last third of the book. The ending just didn't seem to have the same pacing and the events seemed disjointed/rushed.
Like I previously stated, I wanted to love this book when I was finished, but I just can
Bianca
Dec 26, 2012 rated it really liked it
*Originally reviewed on Pages Of Forbidden Love

Two years have passed since the ending in In Heat and Kim and Erik have only grown closer. I loved that Mating Call took place two years later because I could tell that Erik and Kim had gotten to know each other and had gotten closer even if I wasn’t able to read about it. While reading In Heat I wasn’t totally sold on their emotional relationship but this one changed my mind. I could feel their connection and deep feelings for each other much more
Katrina
Jan 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Mating call is book two In Felicity Heaton’s Heat series and I must say I thought book one was smokin !! Mating calls being the perfect title - we are taken on a whirlwind of hot sex, lust, love passion and lots of loving!

The time has come for Kim and Erik to mate - they have waited two years for this day to be mated and bonded for life. But some stranger is coming to Kim in her dreams, a white panther that also brings out urges and wants in her through her dreams, is Kim able to resist him in
My Urban Fantasies
Feb 12, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: in-heat
Originally published on my blog, My Urban Fantasies

In Heat: Mating Call takes place two years after In Heat. Erik and Kim are now living together, sharing an almost perfect life. They are beyond excited when Kim starts showing signs of the mating heat. Everything is right on track until Erik notices a shadow during one of their dream visions. It's another man. Not wanting to alarm Kim, Erik hides this information. During another dream vision Kim notices the shadow man too. The further the mating
Suzan
Jul 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of paranormal Romance
Shirley
Maybe 3 1/2.... ?

I picked up Mating Call during a week when Felicity Heaton was offering several books free on Amazon. The first book in this series, In Heat, I really liked. This book just didn’t live up to the first book, which is sad, because I really, really wanted to like it.

Okay, to be fair, I did like parts of Mating Call. Those parts were where the characters actually talked, interacted and their relationship developed. Unfortunately, there wasn’t a lot of that. Most of the book centered
Anna-marie Buchner
Jul 26, 2013 rated it it was ok
In Heat Book #1 and Mate Calling Book #2 Not really digging these

I absolutely love Felicity Heaton’s Her Angel Romance Series so when I saw these two books I wanted to give them a try.

The two Main Characters of these books are Eric Blackwell and Kim. In Book #1 In Heat basically Kim has been dreaming of a mysterious man and when he shows up at the law firm she works at she realizes it’s her client Eric Blackwell. From here it’s all downhill. Eric has been dream sharing with Kim for years. She i
Sally
Oct 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2011
Two years have passed since Erik and Kim found each other and are desperately waiting for the moment where they can mate and be together for eternity. Things start to go awry when a stranger intrudes on the dreams shared by Erik and Kim and neither knows what it means. When the stranger is revealed as someone who is also in love with Kim, the race for the mating to be complete begins.

In Heat: Mating Call is as erotic and hot as the previous book. The passion between Erik and Kim is stronger than
Amy
Apr 11, 2012 rated it liked it
Layali
Oct 30, 2011 rated it liked it
I would have given this book 4 stars if i didn't find the end ridiculous.
Since they missed the chance to mate in the first book they are to forced to wait for the dreams to restart for the mating call to begin, but as a stranger intrudes on their dreams everything is at risk.

I totally loved this new twist, and i totally understand the need to give erik and kim their happy ending but the way kristain backed off at the end was really unconvincing i mean he is supposed to be a weretiger in search
Skye Louise
Jul 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Melina Turner
Feb 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
i also was recommended this by Becky Johnson. i was in hope it was as good as the first but was sadly dissapoonted. i loved the new character the were-tiger prince. i loved how he was the protagonist wanting what he couldnt have. i'd ask the author that maybe more description of him. how he became.
the storyline was great. but the characters build up was not visible, there needed to be more character buildup to make the story as amazing as the first. though i still liked this piece, the first had
Barbara
Feb 17, 2012 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars!

I absolutely loved the first book, In Heat! Erik is super sexy and the chemistry between he and Kim burns up the pages.

In Mating Call (In Heat 2), the chemistry is still there; Erik and Kim are almost combustible since having to wait the past two years for the mating cycle to begin again. The addition of Kristian simply didn't work for me. He was more of an annoyance than the sexy third in a menage. Lots of good lust and anxiety; however, the ending wraps up a bit too quickly.

Overall,
Cheryl
Mar 21, 2016 rated it liked it
Kim and Erik have waited 2 years for the visions to return so they can complete the Mating. They are both very happy until they find another man, Kristian, in the visions.
The introduction of Kristian brings the conflict to this story but also allows for some hot menage scenes. Like in the first book you can't immediately tell if some scenes are visions or whilst they are awake.
If you liked the first book you will like this one. Barely enough story around the other action and very little backgrou
Toni (U.A.C.)
Epiphany
Sep 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: felicity-heaton
This is the first book I have read by BA Tortuga. I can't say I loved this book but it was a pretty good read. The storyline and characters were fairly well developed, however if they had bee developed a little more I think the story would have flowed better for me. Having said that I found the to be a fun, sexy, quick read. If you are looking for a quick read I recommend this book. Our blog was given this book in exchange for an honest review.
Kirsten
Aug 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
In this follow up to In Heat was a great read. I liked that Kim and Erik got to know each other more and their desire for each was as hot as ever. In the visions it threw in a new potential mate, and added some more heat. We weren't sure who Kim would chose Erik or the new male Kristian? I loved this book but I would have loved for Kristian to fight more for a woman he thought was his mate. Keep coming with the Hot and Steamy Books.
Kristy Mills
Again the love scenes were a little too frequent and drawn out for me. Kim sort of annoyed me in this book a couple of times. Her stupid note? What an idiot. I thought it was all resolved a little too easy. Erik would not have let him go for anything, and Kristian was willing to drug and kidnap her, but once she explains she can't be with him he just gives up and lets her go? That didn't make sense if their mate bond was supposed to be so strong.
Naomi
Feb 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, favorites
I enjoyed this even more than the last book (a feat I didn't think was possible!) Another shape-shifter comes into play in this one & it makes it oh so interesting. I love Kim & Erik but I thought Prince Kristian was a bit of an ass for the most part. The sex scenes are phenomenal & I had too many hot flushes to count whilst reading!! I would definitely recommend this to anyone that likes hot alpha males & a lot of raunchiness!!
Mel Auslan Osborne
This is the sequel to In Heat...... The story picks up 2yrs later........ They believe they have all the obsticles out of the way........ then the dreams start again but simethings different.......... They now have new obsticles to defeat before the mating is complete........ can they do it?

I highly recommend this book

ENJOY:D
(I appologise for spelling errors...... writing on my phone)
Mindy
Sep 08, 2013 rated it liked it
Felicity Heaton/Anastasia Dawson is an amazing author. I have read more than 50 of her books and have loved them all. Her books include, Vampires, Succubus, witches, angels, shape-shifters, human hunters, dragons, demons, clones, and much more. I hope you enjoy her stories as much as I do.
Carrie
Apr 07, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012, calibre-library
Very very smutty, but not as good as the first one. The story seemed disjointed and I really could've done without it. This book was like an Anita Blake book, if you took out any overalls storyline.
Karen
Jul 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
It was very hot and I loved how you could feel the connection between Kim and Eric. The book kept me on the edge of my seat trying to figure out why this second person was in their shared visions. I've got to say it made the visions very hot.
Michelle
I wasn't too sure of this one at first but I'm glad things transpired the way they did. I do love cat shifters though :)
Christine Hayes
Jul 17, 2012 rated it it was ok
Was kind of disappointed that only three way were in visions or dreams.
Denise
Feb 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
second part of the mating was more interesting
and very good
Bella Doerres
Sep 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
to come
Cara
Jan 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: felicity-heaton
amazing once again Felicity keeps you in her thrall! Great charcters! Very hot!
Kaci
Apr 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was a pretty good book. I got it for free but I was almost afraid to get it.
AH
Jul 06, 2012 marked it as to-read
Kindle free download 7/6/12
  • Threesome (erotic menage)
  • Force of Magick (Pentacles of Magick, #3)
  • Tomfoolery
  • Wolf Tales VII (Wolf Tales #7)
  • Committed: An Erotic Valentine's Tale
  • Anna's Strength
  • Wrong Turn (The Shenandoah Pack #1)
  • Color Me
  • Winter and His Twins (Welcome to Sanctuary, #2)
  • The Complete Mackenzies Collection (Mackenzie Family, #1-4)
  • All I Want For Christmas
  • Cat's Meow (Predators, #1)
  • Luscious Love
  • Blood Lust (Blood Series, #3)
  • Hidden Crimes (Hidden, #2)
  • Chosen by Sin (Para-Ops, #3)
  • Tall Dark Handsome Lycan (Tall Dark Handsome Lycan, #1)
  • Moonlight Protector (Ashton Grove Werewolves, #1)
Felicity Heaton is a New York Times, USA Today and international best-selling author writing passionate paranormal romance books. In her books she creates detailed worlds, twisting plots, mind-blowing action, intense emotion and heart-stopping romances with leading men that vary from dark deadly vampires to sexy shape-shifters and wicked werewolves, to sinful angels and hot demons!

If you're a fan