Start by marking “I'll Know You By Heart” as Want to Read:
I'll Know You By Heart

I'll Know You By Heart

The day Stephanie Roberts met Jared Wakefield, she didn't realize they'd met before. Running from an abusive marriage and trying to safeguard her children, she turns to Jared for support, but he needs more from her than she might be capable of giving. With her abusive husband looming in her past, the difficulties they must overcome to be together seem insurmountable.

Is it
Published March 16th 2010 by Valor Publishing Group

To ask other readers questions about I'll Know You By Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I'll Know You By Heart

Start your review of I'll Know You By Heart
Lucy
Apr 30, 2010 rated it liked it
In I'll Know you by Heart, Kimberly Job writes about the complexities that arise when temple covenants are broken due to abuse. While it seems unfathomable to me that the abuse described in this LDS fictional romance is even possible, I know that it occurs, even within the bonds of a temple marriage.

Stephanie Roberts has all but given up trying to be happy. She craves stability but never seems to be able to predict what will send her husband into an irrational rage. When a spaghetti dinner displ
Daron
Apr 02, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I don't read romance. Occasionally I will read a suspense novel that has romance in it, and I know this book qualifies as romantic suspense, but it is not the norm for my reading shelf. As far as the romantic element of this story goes, Kimberly did a fine job with it...in my humble opinion...even though I am not qualified to have an opinion within the genre.

But I am qualified to judge one element of this book, and that is the part which pertains to the abuse portrayed in the story. For those of
Cheryl
Apr 10, 2010 rated it really liked it
Stephanie Roberts is used to her husband, Mark abusing her. She just keeps excusing him. When their son, Tyson comes to the rescue of his mother, Mark loses it and starts hitting Tyson. Stephanie could put up with Mark hitting her but not one of their children. Stephanie finally reaches her breaking point and packs up all the children’s things. She, Tyson, and her two daughters, Maddie and Sarah leave. Stephanie is glad to be free of Mark. Mark will do anything to get his family back.

Jared Wake
Teri
Apr 11, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I'll Know You By Heart by Kimberly Job

In this stunning debut novel by Kimberly, we find Stephanie Roberts, a woman running from an abusive marriage. She's suffered through seventeen years of terrible abuse from her husband Mark, afraid to leave him for fear he would hurt her three children. The night she decides to leave, her two young daughters have confusing loyalties, as they love their dad. Maddie is 11 and Sarah is 7, then there's big brother Tyson, sixteen, who absolutely hates his father,
Jen
Mar 18, 2010 rated it it was ok
What immediately struck me as different about this book is that the main character is described as 50 pounds overweight. And yet, she's also hard working, helpful, creative, and active. Usually the female lead is spunky, thin, and blissfully unaware of how beautiful she is. I loved that Kimberly Job chose to have her main character be overweight, and yet also not make her weight a big issue in the story, it was just a feature, not an identity. Over the course of the story, as Stephanie grows and ...more
Chantele Sedgwick
Mar 09, 2010 rated it really liked it
The story had me at the very first page. I really felt for Stephanie's character and all of the trials she went through. The story hit me pretty hard, since I know women go through this type of thing every day. I have a hard time reading about abuse, because I know it's so real, and you never know what goes on behind closed doors. It's a hard subject to tackle, but Kimberly did a great job writing about it. I've also heard some of the experiences Stephanie went through in the book, are experienc ...more
Virginia Campbell
Feb 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
"I'll Know You By Heart", by Kimberly Job, is intense, unflinching, at times quite brutal, but it is ultimately healing. The subject of abuse is one that many people turn away from because it makes them uncomfortable. Almost all of us know someone who is an abuse victim. We ourselves may be that victim. Abuse taints and tortures not only the immediate victim, but also others in the surrounding vicinity. It's effects are endless. Ripples upon ripples on the sea of life. Ms. Job takes on this ugly ...more
Holly (2 Kids and Tired)
Mar 26, 2010 rated it really liked it
Stephanie is leaving an abusive marriage and Jared is a recent widower whose wife died in an accident: an accident in which she was the drunk driver. As they each try and heal from their disastrous marriages, they form a friendship and fall in love. But, Stephanie's husband isn't about to let her go without a fight, one she may not survive.

This is quite the engaging story. I picked it up and read it in a couple of hours. Like many LDS stories this one wraps up neatly, but not so predictably as
Crystal (Books Are Sanity!!!)
This novel is by a new author, Kimberly Job. The story is about a woman, Stephanie Roberts, and her struggle to overcome abuse from her husband. This is her journey as she tries to break free from him and start a new life. She meets a man named Jared Wakefield and he becomes a great friend and support to her. She isn't sure if she can give him what he needs as she is trying to trust again and overcome her own fears. Will she learn to trust again and can love overcome any obstacle?
If you want a p
Kimberly Job
Apr 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing
What happens when the love you thought you found puts you in mortal danger?
A story of pain, survival, and love, I'll Know You by Heart is a deeply emotional journey of one woman's determination to save herself and her family from a life of abuse and fear.

The storyline is not necessarily an easy read since it deals with the very real issues of domestic violence, divorce, and single parenting. But the ending is ultimately happy and helps the reader to have hope in the healing power of everlasting
John
Jul 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This is the story of an abused wife trying to break free of her abuser, and the good man she starts to have feelings for, but is afraid to open her heart and trust again.

The abuse scenes in the book get pretty intense, so it's not for everyone. I work in mental health, and I found this book to be accurate and believable. Unlike most LDS fiction, the characters travel a rocky road, and a happy ending is NOT guaranteed.

The book is a real page tuner, and kept me up until 4am finishing it!
Marilyn
Aug 03, 2010 rated it really liked it
This book was a bit hard to read. For a person (like me) who loves fairy tales and happy stories this book carries a strong punch. I think it was made more difficult since I have a few people close to me who have been in abusive relationships and this painted almost too vivid a picture. I fell in love with the characters and was anxious for everything to work out for them.

This is a well written debut novel that I would recommend to anyone.
Brenda
May 23, 2010 rated it really liked it
This was not my usual kind of story. It was about abuse. Emotional, physical and substance abuse. The struggles these characters went through were painful to read, but to anyone who has know abuse in their own lives, it was terrifyingly real. It was also about hope, faith and second chances. The romance was sweet and the Gospel element was strong, but it was still quite a heavy read. A very good debut novel clearly written from personal experience and a heap of triumph :)
Sheila
Mar 10, 2010 rated it really liked it
I loved this book. It touched me in so many ways, especially because I felt so many of same things that the main character did. Knowing that Kimberly,has also experienced in real life some of the things that her main character did, gave this story about a divorced single Mom, depth and truth. I will read this book again and look forward to reading more from this author.
Elizabeth Mueller
Nov 03, 2010 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: all my friends
Kimberly did a fantastic job with the realism of domestic abuse. I love LOVE Tyler's behavior and resentment on how his mother betrays his trust. You've got read this.

You know what? This sort of thing DOES happen, I endured child abuse. My husband was shocked to hear that it is really out there when he married me. I know how Tyler feels.
Susan
Sep 06, 2010 rated it really liked it
It's difficult to read about spousal abuse and this one is a real humdinger. I couldn't even believe that Stephanie was able to have three children with this man. Happy ending though and Jared is absolutely AMAZING!! ...more
Ann
May 15, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Amazing insight into domestic abuse, drunk driving, marriage, divorce and a very sweet happy ending! Couldn't put this one down. Gripping. ...more
Kathi Peterson
May 20, 2010 rated it really liked it
Very touching story about a woman and her children escaping an abusive relationship and finding love.
May 29, 2010 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. An excellent romance. Sad with the topic of domestic violence but happy in the end.
Tfox100
Jan 21, 2011 rated it liked it
I really liked this book. It was your typical LDS fiction, if you know what I mean. It was a really quick & feel-good read. I would look for other books by this author, I enjoyed it so much.
Reading For Sanity
Apr 25, 2010 rated it really liked it
read this review and others at http://readingforsanity.blogspot.com/... ...more
Tracy Doig