Start by marking “Pingpong Perry Experiences How A Book Is Made (In The Library)” as Want to Read:
Pingpong Perry Experiences How A Book Is Made (In The Library)

Pingpong Perry Experiences How A Book Is Made (In The Library)

3.17  ·  Rating details ·  29 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Perry likes pizza and pingpong. But one day he wonders what kind of pizza professional pingpong players would pick. When he can't find the answers at the library, Perry decides to write his own book. Follow Perry's idea from beginning to end, and find out how his big idea becomes a book.
Published January 1st 2010 by Picture Window Books

To ask other readers questions about Pingpong Perry Experiences How A Book Is Made, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pingpong Perry Experiences How A Book Is Made

Yvonne A.
Feb 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Pingpong Perry Experiencing How A Book is Made, is absolutely one of my new favorite books! It is definitely a great children’s book that I plan on using in my classroom. For one it is a book about writing a book and since the main character is a kid, children will be able to relate to this character. In this book Perry is in the process of becoming an author and is writing a book about things he loves the most, pizza and Ping-Pong. A book with pizza will definitely catch readers attention becau ...more
Leslie
I really like what Picture Window Books is trying to do with this series, but it just feels somewhat forced to me. I'm not quite sure how I could integrate this into library lessons. (Other topics in the series are: Dewey Decimal System, Fiction/Nonfiction and parts of a book.) I guess I would use parts of the book to illustrate my point, but reading it through might be somewhat dry. The computer-generated art and goofy alliteration are negatives. However, the glossary and more books to read sec ...more
Ms. B
Sep 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: nonfiction, picture, 2015
An updated overview of how a book is made, starting with an author's idea and ending with the marketing team. It reminded me of Aliki's How a Book is Made from the 1980s. Pair this with the classic Reading Rainbow episode, Simon's Book to show students how the actual printing printing press works.
Lauren
I used this book when talking about how much work authors have to do to get a book published, although I tend to talk the kids through the pictures rather than actually read it. I like the silly alliterations and the goofy book topics, they really grab my first graders attention. It's not perfect for my needs, but is a bit easier to use in a lesson than What Do a Authors Do.
Bethe
Feb 02, 2013 rated it liked it
The process of how a book is made has a modern, hip look, that should be popular with young readers. There is one photo of the printing machine mixed in with all the digital drawings. Could also be used for examples of alliteration!
Marge
Jul 10, 2010 added it
Shelves: non-fiction
How a book is made - from writer, designer editor, illustrator, publisher
Dana
Jan 24, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
3.5
Beverly
Dec 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picturebooks
Interesting info on how modern books are published.
Rachel
Nov 09, 2010 rated it it was ok
This book was a realistic fiction book that documented how a book gets published and released. I would use this book to show the writing process for authors.
Valerie Stephenson