Start by marking “I Has a Hotdog: What Your Dog Is Really Thinking” as Want to Read:
I Has a Hotdog: What Your Dog Is Really Thinking

I Has a Hotdog: What Your Dog Is Really Thinking

3.94  ·  Rating details ·  159 Ratings  ·  39 Reviews
I HAS A BWAIN!!1!

An you thawt we dint! Now Professor Happycat tells you what's in it and, from I HAS A HOTDOG.com and beyond, lets over 200 LOLdogs loose on the world, all barking the truth about kibble, toys, and bad kitties. This collection of favorites and never-before-seen photos will have you barking for more!

For all you hoomins, a LOLdog is a kay-nine picture with a
Published April 20th 2010 by Grand Central Publishing (first published April 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about I Has a Hotdog, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Has a Hotdog

Lori
May 05, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I love animals. Absolutely adore them and am passionate about anything to do with them, whether it be supporting fantastic no-kill shelters like Best Friends Animal Sanctuary or reading through books that feature adorable animal pictures.

I Has a Hotdog will give you warm fuzzies, which surely is its main objective, as well as making you laugh out loud. I chuckled, giggled and outright bellylaughed over some of the adorable and wisecracking dogs gracing the pages of this book. Who wouldn't love a
Angelc
Apr 14, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: already-own-read
"I Has a Hotdog" is such a cute book!! It's perfect for fans of the website ihasahotdog.com. For those of you unfamilar with the site, (I suggest you check it out, first of all!) this book contains full color pictures of adorable and silly dogs with hilarious captions written in the "I has a hotdog" language. Or to quote the back of the book:

"For all you hoomins, a LOLdog is a kay-nine picture with a funny, mispelled caption."

I couldn't have put it better. "I Has a Hotdog" is all about "what yo
David Tybor
Apr 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: storytime
The first book that made my 3rd grader LOL! Big milestone for the reluctant reader!
Gmr
Apr 12, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: dog lovers, humor genre readers
Read it the same day I received it....so much fun. Anyone that has a dog or loves them in general can appreciate this book. Seriously...my dog has said a few of the choice caption/phrases to me, I'm certain yours has too. Recommended for a fun break with puppy pictures to boot! Happy reading....
DKAY
Shelves: reviewed
I read the book and thought it was a little difficult to read at first because of the way the words were spelled I kept having to re-read a few things but then found out after handing it to the kids it was just me they read it fine (probably cause it is just the way they would have spelled it). They didn't have a problem sounding the words out at all and my 10 yr old read the words fine it didn't slow him down a bit. The pictures are great I really liked that about the book because I happen to l ...more
Evelyn
Apr 09, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Fun, adorable, energetic! I loved this book from front to back, and my kids LOVED the fun pictures. Each and every page had cute and fun pictures that made me say "awwww" just about every time. The quotes that were matched up with pictures were fantastic, and made me laugh out loud, literally. This is a book I'd recommend to anyone who wants a quick "pick me up" moment, to someone who needs a laugh, and to ANYONE that likes dogs!

While I mentioned that my kids really enjoyed the pictures in the
Christyn
I Has a Hotdog was really fun to go through, I didn't want it to end! If you have a dog or ever known a dog you'll undoubtedly recognize some of your own dog's (or the dog you knew) actions which include but are not limited to: the begging face when they want something, the evil look when you've "wronged" them, the guilty look when they've done something wrong and more! The picture's and captions will have you smiling and nodding as you go along. This is the type of book that will leave you with ...more
Alyssa
Apr 11, 2010 rated it really liked it
It was cute and funny but I wish the "words" used were more consistant. Like they'd use is as I's and iz for Iz and vice versa. Some of the pics are kinda blurry too which made it a little less enjoyable. Spoiler alert---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------My favorite one was "I am Incogcheeto" that was a bulldog ...more
Angela
Shelves: first-reads
Very fun. I won this one from the first reads contest and enjoyed having a book of all the cute goggies. It's totally the kind of book you want around for a few minutes of happy entertainment, and a great book to pass along so someone else can enjoy it. Obviously there's no plot and it's a quick read if you just plow right through, but if you look at just a few pictures at at time, it makes for a very pleasant read. I also recommend Simon's Cat.
Jenna
Aug 02, 2010 rated it really liked it
I've never been one to search for funny dog and cat pictures on the internet. Which is why it is understandable that before reading this book, I had no idea what a LOLdog or LOLcat was. Well, no more. Five minutes into this little taste of LOLdogs and I was laughing myself sick. The goofy text ('I no has a ham sammich') only serves as an added dollop of funny to these already hilarious pictures. If you decide to join the ranks of the truly obsessed (*cough* me *cough*) there are blogs that offer ...more
Ronald Roseborough
May 20, 2010 rated it liked it
I have to say I was not very impressed by this book. The book apparently is made up of photographs of dogs in many situations, accompanied by misspelled captions, some cute, some silly, some not so. I am a dog lover, so don't go barking up the wrong tree when I say this isn't my cup of kibble.The photographs are on heavy weight glossy paper and care has been taken to present them in a professional way. I understand the concept was to have a good time and share a few laughs with other dog owners, ...more
VegasGal
Sep 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: animals, read-2011
This is a quick read collection of hilarious dog pictures and captions which I actually enjoyed better than the original cat collection (which was quite funny too). Perhaps it's because dogs seem to have that particular expression on their faces that always lends itself to major hilarity as if they really are thinking and talking. Recommended, of course, for dog lovers and anyone looking for a quick dose of silly dog humor.
Chrissy
Apr 09, 2010 rated it really liked it
This is one very funny picture book. I love animals and this book is packed full of dogs with funny sayings on the pictures.

This book was funny but the book could of been better by taking out the baby talk wording and just had normal wording on the pictures. But the book was still funny and very entertaining. My children had fun flipping threw the book and laughing at every page. My kids definitely will have hours of enjoyment with this book.

Kristina
Apr 20, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE this little book! If you're familiar with "I Haz a Cheezburger" and think that's funny, them you'll enjoy this book! The captions are just hilarious and fit the pictures perfectly.
Seriously, I was sitting down reading this one and laughing out loud. If you're a dog lover then you should check this one out. If you KNOW a dog lover then I think this would make a great gift!

Colleen
Apr 23, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2010
If you don't smile when reading this book, there is definitely something wrong with you. It is a guaranteed mood elevator. I received my copy from goodreads, but I will definitely be buying a copy or two and sending it to my dog-loving friends. If you like the I Can Has Cheezburger website, you'll love the book.
Kyleen
May 19, 2012 rated it it was ok
Goofy. It can be (stupid) funny sometimes, but it really is a serious waste of paper - this is internet material that is meant to be looked at online, not in a little book with inconsistent language (I realize that dogs are semi-illiterate) and blurry photos.

Yeah...I know. It's supposed to be cute. It is cute online but it doesn't work in paper format. I dislikez dis book.
Mariana
Apr 14, 2010 rated it it was ok
this is a Good reads first reads book I won. It was okay, kinda silly. Maybe a huge dog lover would like it. I love dogs, but didn't understand the language the dogs were talking in sometimes. Maybe if I had read the firs book I would have gotten it more. At least it was a really quick read, 30 minutes tops.
Crystal Porter
Apr 20, 2010 rated it it was amazing

"I has a Hotdog" was a very fast read and makes an excellent coffee table book. People seem drawn to it and the humor is fantastic. My 10 year old son feels that it would make a great gift for someone "who likes dogs and humor :)" I am inclined to agree with him. Everyone who has picked it up and flipped through it here each has their own favorite picture that really cracks them up.
Ellie
Feb 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
This book only takes a few minutes to read, but it's hilarious. I'm keeping this one within easy reach for times I just need a laugh. I think everyone would like this book, even those who don't find much funny in anything.

LOVE the photos!
Freda Mans-Labianca
Apr 07, 2010 rated it really liked it
This is one of the cutest picture books I have seen. So many different photos accompany great sayings.
The only thing I didn't appreciate was the dog think in baby talk, but it is easily over-lookable when you see that cute dog in a photo.
A must-see for anyone!!
Cassandra
May 17, 2010 rated it it was ok
First-reads giveaway win.

This book will entertain fans of the website; read the captions out loud for silly fun! Recommended for: passing the time flipping through funny pictures; making two year olds laugh.
Heather
Apr 20, 2010 rated it liked it
I thought the pictures of the dogs in the book were to cute and some of the sayings were also cute as well. I was happy I could share this book with my four year old daughter, she really got a kick out of it. I received this book free through goodreads!
Morgan
Sep 17, 2010 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: people who like to laugh
Shelves: non-fiction, humor
My Dad came back from a recent trip, and had bought this for me. :) Super cute collection of loldogs that put a smile firmly on my face. There were even a bunch that I had not seen before.

Don't tell the lolcats that I am a loldog person.

I think ceiling!cat already suspects. haha.
Heather
Aug 29, 2010 rated it really liked it
Unlike the pure evil LOL cats, who try to take over the world, the dogs just take over our hearts with their cute antics.
Laela
Apr 24, 2010 rated it really liked it
EPIC WIN!!!
Jeny Caisman
Sep 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I had to give this 5 stars because it's adorable and my dog is featured!
Sheila
May 12, 2010 rated it liked it
Recommended to Sheila by: http://metroreader.blogspot.com/
Shelves: dog-books, bgw
Hilariously cute picture book. Many of the captions to the photos really made me laugh out loud. Dog lovers will love it.
Amber
Jun 11, 2012 rated it liked it
Very fast read, 15 minutes tops, funny at times, but the photos are the best. The baby talk gets old.
Amy
Jan 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Having a bad day? Take a short 20 minute break and read this! It will put a smile on any dog-lovers' face. :)
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Texts from Dog
  • Dog Shaming
  • Things Your Dog Doesn't Want You to Know: Eleven Courageous Canines Tell All
  • Lil BUB's Lil Book: The Extraordinary Life of the Most Amazing Cat on the Planet
  • If Only You Knew How Much I Smell You: True Portraits of Dogs
  • Old Dogs Are the Best Dogs
  • Underwater Dogs
  • Fail Nation: A Visual Romp Through the World of Epic Fails
  • Sorry I Pooped in Your Shoe (and Other Heartwarming Letters from Doggie)
  • Dumbheart: A Get Fuzzy Collection
  • 101 Cataclysms: For the Love of Cats
  • Boo: The Life of the World's Cutest Dog
  • Awkward Family Pet Photos
  • Unlikely Heroes: 37 Inspiring Stories of Courage and Heart from the Animal Kingdom
  • Extreme Animals: The Toughest Creatures on Earth
  • Shelter Dogs
  • ZooBorns!: Zoo Babies from Around the World
  • Insults and Comebacks for All Occasions (Lines for All Occasions)