Start by marking “Spell Bound (Women of the Otherworld, #12)” as Want to Read:
Spell Bound (Women of the Otherworld, #12)

Spell Bound

(Otherworld #12)

The #1 "New York Times" bestselling author sets the stage for a battle of epic proportions.

Savannah Levine is all grown up. As a witch endowed with an array of spells, she is also a force to be reckoned with. As a paranormal investigator she is finally coming into her own. But her last case tore a family apart, and Savannah swore she'd give up her powers to fix the mess sh
Published August 4th 2011 by Orbit (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Spell Bound, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spell Bound

Tatiana
Mar 08, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy, 2011
Just finished this very early ARC of Spell Bound and I truly hope it will be worked on some more. For now my thoughts are: this installment is rather messy and anticlimactic.

The novel starts with Savannah and Adam investigating the loss of Savannah's spell-casting powers and learning more about witch-hunters introduced in Waking The Witch. Eventually however all the trails lead to something huge, something that puts the whole supernatural community in danger.

The thing is, we never actually find
Erin *Proud Book Hoarder*
3.5

“Stuffing people into boxes is for those who have issues about their own box.”

The weakest of the three final Savannah books, it was slapped with a 3.5 rating because of a few issues that can't be shaken. Because the story elements were focused on so heavily, the regular characters came off flat.

Being in Savannah's head isn't as unique experience as I'd hoped, but she's a decent heroine. I wanted to see the kick-ass, ultra powerful witch when we finally got to her viewpoint, but instead the
~Sofia~
Jun 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am buzzing about this book and what it leads up to. Amazing!!

Savannah has preceded all other characters and is undoubtedly my new favourite. She is sassy, fun, witty and boy oh boy in love! This book has everything a good book needs, good characters, romance, danger, so thrilling, and a cliffhanger that has me itching for the last book.

Book 12 of the series picks off right where we left book 11, it's quite clever actually how Armstrong intermingles the stories. Somehow I have a feeling all b
Steven
Really, Armstrong? A cliffhanger ending? BAH!

Thankfully I waited until this series was completely to pick it up, so the only wait I'll have is the two other books I need to read before I can pick up the final book in this series.

I'll be sad when I'm done. This series has been great!
Jen Davis
Jun 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. Loved it so much, in fact, that it may be my very favorite Otherworld book of all time. Yes, I know that's a pretty bold statement. And not everyone will agree. After all, generally the best Otherworld books are Elena books and I'm the first person to say so. But what makes this book so fantastic is that even though Savannah is the narrator, it brings everyone together. Savannah, Adam, Paige, Lucas, Hope, Karl, Elena, Clay, Jeremy, Jamie, Benicio, Troy, Griffin, Sean, Bryce, K ...more
Rebecca
Aug 01, 2011 rated it it was ok
Really disappointed with this. I've read other books in the series and liked them. I was excited to see Savannah as the lead character here in "Spell bound" but this book was a mess.

It started off being about Savannah feeling guilty about whatever happened in the previous book, then some unknown entity stripped her of her witch powers, then there was some bit with her being targeted by a family of witch hunters, followed by her getting kidnapped by a group obsessed with exposing Supernaturals .
Bookwormgirl
Feb 26, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban-fantasy
I hate Cliff Hangers.

That said, I did like this book. The pacing was good and action packed. Savannah as the narrator is sometimes annoying, but that is a major character trait of hers. The dialog between characters was snappy and engaging. While the story is intense, the sarcastic humor keeps it from becoming too dark.

I would have to classify this as more YA urban fantasy, unlike the other additions to Women of the Otherworld. This book and the previous book have been about Savannah coming of a
Pam Nelson
Swear to god this book will not let you turn it off, it is that good. What is Savannah known for in all her book? Her ability to cast spells at the drop of a hat. Take that away and what do you think you get?

THIS BOOK!

It is fast paced it has you hanging on the edge of your seat. You are rooting for her and so much happens it’s fantastic. I loved the whole story, not one part I would change.
THE KISS… YES PLEASE!!
I want more… we will see what happens in the next one.

Again Loved the narration.
Francesca the Fierce (Under the Covers Book Blog)
This review was posted at Under The Covers

I may have a girl crush on Savannah! This is the second book with her as the narrator, and I just love her! I love her personality, her spunk. She starts to do some growing up in this book. First of all, picking up right where Waking the Witch left off, she doesn't have any powers. And this is not the best time to be left without them as she is still dealing with a witch hunter.

But that is not the only threat her and Adam are facing in this book. Some of
Suzan
Feb 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone!
I loved this installment! There was a lot more happening then the last book as plot progresses and events are set in motion for the big finale in the next book! Savannah does a lot more growing up in this book as well and is now making a conscious effort not to run when things get tough emotionally but to face up to the consequences of her actions and face her fears more.
The result is that towards the end I think Adam is looking at her in a different light then normal cause for once she's apolog
Alyssa Nelson
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sandy S
Nov 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
SPELLBOUND (Women of the Otherworld #12) by Kelley Armstrong

ABOUT THE BOOK:

Savannah Levine is in terrible danger, and for once she's powerless to help herself. At the heartbreaking conclusion of Waking the Witch, Savannah swore that she would give up her powers if it would prevent further pain for a young orphan. Little did she know that someone would take her up on that promise.

And now, witch-hunting assassins, necromancers, half-demons, and rogue witches all seem to be after her. The threat
Ellis
Accurate depiction of me during every Adam/Savannah interaction:

(Unoriginal, I know, but IT'S TRUE.)
Lisa Kessler
Nov 21, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Wow I loved this book!!!

There is a supernatural war coming and this book just boiled it up to the edge... can't wait for the next book!!!

Not to mention Savannah and Adam finally... I won't spoil it... Great read! :)
Margay
Sep 10, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Sexy, smart, and action-packed! Kelley Armstrong is truly one of the greats in this genre."
-Richelle Mead, author of the bestselling Vampire Academy series

"Kelley Armstrong's bewitching ability to entertain remains as strong as ever."
-www.alternativeworlds.com

"Armstrong's Women of the Otherworld goes beyond standard paranormal fiction . . . moving from one set of characters to another through the books, yet intertwining their stories to provide a rich background for the readers."
-San Franc
Shelley
*Rating* 3.0
*Genre* Urban Fantasy

*Review*

Kelley Armstrong’s Spell Bound is the Twelfth installment in the Women of the Otherworld series. It picks up right where Waking the Witch left off with Savannah Levine somehow having lost her powers after wishing she could do something to help a little girl named Kayla. Obviously, you need to read Waking the Witch to understand what I’m referring to.

In Spell Bound, there's a group of supernaturals called Immortality questers, who feel it is time for them
Samantha
Aug 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: urban-fantasy
Spell Bound is book 12 in the Women of the Otherworld series and takes place immediately after Waking the Witch. It’s also a hard one to talk about since it serves to ramp things up for the final book of the series. After her adventure in Waking the Witch, Savannah discovers that her powers have disappeared at the worst moment. Witch hunters are after her and the Supernatural Liberation Movement, an organization bent on exposing supernaturals, is trying to recruit her. Without her magic, Savanna ...more
Maria Hill AKA MH Books
I dont know why but I could not bring myself to finish this after loving all the other books in the series.
Mar 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: para-witches
If you've loved the Women of the Otherworld series up to this point, as I have, you will quite simply be amazed by Spell Bound. This book takes the series to unforeseen levels of danger, intrigue, action and romance. Everything that has come before culminates into something completely epic in Spell Bound, leading us to the final book in the series.

I've always loved the way Kelley Armstrong has rotated main characters in the Women of the Otherworld series, allowing readers to really get to know t
Kathy
Spell Bound is an entertaining addition to the Women of the Otherworld series. It had an eventful plot with appearances from characters from past books- my favorite character, Clay, shows up which made me very happy and he gets to use his werewolf muscles to save Savannah who has lost her magical powers.

There is a lot of Savannah and Adam- Savannah's gorgeous, half-demon, best friend, and love intrest. The romance fan in me wanted more sexual tension and well sex between Savannah and Adam but it
Petula Darling
Aug 01, 2011 rated it did not like it
Wow - what a disappointment!
I usually give books from this series 4-5 stars, but this one was just terrible. The story sprawled out of control - there were too many characters in it and none got a decent storyline of their own (well Savannah got plenty of paper, but I wouldn't call her storyline a decent one since it was too preachy and she was too annoying). The supernatural world has gotten so vast and required so many explanations that the story didn't flow well. The Big Bad was a bit too big
Mel
Jul 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I LOVED this book. A perfect mix of action, great characterization, lots of humor and some on-the-edge-of-your-seat moments.
Savannah had some lessons to learn in this book and she learned them the hard way. Death and destruction, lots of angst and a telling off by Clayton Danvers... the girl doesn't have it easy.

Spell Bound has a great plot which ties the last book to the overal series' arch, has great cameos of pretty much all of the Otherworld characters who each have a significant role to p
Louisa
Jun 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved to reread this book, and everything that happened, from the witch hunters, to SLAM, and the dead demon expert who was told to summon Lucifer, and yeah, lots of traveling going on!

*First read March 14th 2012*
Great, great book, Savannah has some really tough times, and she grows through the book-being told to be mature helped, and yeah, lots of action, movement, and it was just a great book! Can't wait to read the 13th, called 13, and I think it's the last one in the series! Yep.
Jess
This book gets three stars for two reasons.

1) Sean. (I LOVE YOU, SEAN!!!!!)
2) Aaron and Cassandra flirting.

Otherwise, it's just a really exposition heavy book that I still don't entirely get the need for.
Nessa
Dec 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's been a fair few years since I read the earlier books to this series but now I'm back to finish the rest of the series.

I found this thoroughly enjoyable, it was great to lose myself in the Otherworld again. I loved seeing the connection play out between Adam and Savannah, it's clear to see that they work well together and have such chemistry for each other.

I also loved being able to reacquaint myself with previous characters especially Elena, Clay, Jeremy, Paige and Lucas.

It was quite a ro
Becky (Blogs of a Bookaholic)
I feel like this instalment was a mess. It didn’t have one cohesive storyline but jumped from lots of different threads, half smooshing them together at the end! This felt very much like a bridge novel to get the chess pieces in place for the finale (13).

Once again I unfortunately have to reiterate that I don’t like Savannah as a protagonist - she is totally selfish, immature, reckless, and she treats those around her horribly! The best bits about this book were when Clay was telling Savannah of
Shelleen Toland
Apr 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Savannah has lost her powers and she is trying to get them back. Her and Adam grow closer but she gets them into trouble to often. There is a storm gathering for the supernaturals and with help from Elana, Clay, Jeremy, Paige, Lucas, and Adam they will have a battle to fight.
This was one of the better books of the series.
Sara
Jul 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
Plot: 4 Stars
Every other chapter had this twist or that turn. Every time I thought I had figured something out, WHAM! a new twist had smacked me in the face. I've never read a book that made me feel like I was on a roller coaster until Spell Bound. It was non-stop action and mystery and danger and suspense around every corner. It was a wild ride, and I had a lot of fun reading it. Besides all of the shocking twists and turns, I really enjoyed how all of the characters came together. The mystery
All Things Urban Fantasy
Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy

SPELL BOUND might have well been titled WOMEN OF THE OTHERWORLD: THE ALLSTARS EDITION because just about every main character from the series pops up. Elena and Clay, Paige and Lucas, Hope and Benicio, Jaime and Jeremy, and on and on…It’s a a fun flashback for fans of the series and it even inspired me to go back to some of the books I missed before.

As far as the story goes, SPELL BOUND picks up right on the heels of WAKING THE WITCH and for the first h
Carmel (Rabid Reads)
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

I love Kelley Armstrong’s writing, her Otherworld universe and characters but for some reason Spell Bound just didn’t sit right with me. As enjoyable as this book was to read I struggled with the uneventful plot line, the Young Adult-esque quality of the story and the unnecessarily excessive cameos. In all honesty, the last three novels of this series could have been a separate trilogy featuring Savannah as the main heroine. Spell Bound felt like one giant set-up for Thir
Vampires, Weres a...: Spell Bound (Women of the Otherworld #12) 8 13 Mar 24, 2017 06:24PM
Madison Mega-Mara...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Spellbound 1 4 Feb 10, 2012 10:28PM

• Shady Lady (Corine Solomon, #3)
  • Kitty's Big Trouble (Kitty Norville, #9)
  • Blood Challenge (World of the Lupi, #7)
  • A Fantasy Medley (Otherworld Stories, #9.2; Crown of Stars, #7.5; Realms of the Elderlings)
  • Evolve 2: Vampire Stories of the Future Undead (Otherworld Stories #10.1)
  • Blood Wyne (Otherworld/Sisters of the Moon, #9)
  • Blood Lite II: Overbite  (Otherworld Stories, #10.3)
  • Arcane Circle (Persephone Alcmedi, #4)
  • Fair Game (Alpha & Omega, #3)
  • Ever After (The Hollows, #11)
  • Darkness Rising (Dark Angels, #2)
  • Sacrificial Magic (Downside Ghosts, #4)
  • Bloodstone (Deadtown, #3)
  • Unseen (Outcast Season, #3)

Otherworld (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Bitten (Women of the Otherworld, #1)
  • Stolen (Women of the Otherworld, #2)
  • Dime Store Magic (Women of the Otherworld, #3)
  • Industrial Magic (Women of the Otherworld, #4)
  • Haunted (Women of the Otherworld, #5)
  • Broken (Women of the Otherworld, #6)
  • No Humans Involved (Women of the Otherworld, #7)
  • Personal Demon (Women of the Otherworld, #8)
  • Living with the Dead (Women of the Otherworld, #9)
  • Angelic (Otherworld Stories, #9.3)
“‎"If you want that kind of thing, call Nick. His advice is shit, but he really likes to give it.” 33 likes
“Stuffing people into boxes is for those who have issues about their own box.” 27 likes