Start by marking “Touch of Heaven (St. James Sisters #1; Mayne Attraction #1)” as Want to Read:
Touch of Heaven (St. James Sisters #1; Mayne Attraction #1)

Touch of Heaven (St. James Sisters #1)

4.44  ·  Rating details ·  745 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
Warrick Mayne has spent twelve years blaming Raina St. James for ruining his sister's life. Now the self-made millionaire has the perfect opportunity for payback--knocking down Raina's luxury day spa to build an office complex. But his plan has met a hitch, in the delectable form of Raina herself.
He may be her enemy now, but long ago, Raina had a secret crush on her frien
Published October 1st 2009 by Harlequin Presents (first published January 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Touch of Heaven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Touch of Heaven

Barb
Aug 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A mistaken purchase last week ends up being a gold mine. Maureen is an awesome writer!! I've devoured four of her contemporary romances in the last few days and was in reader heaven. TOH was no exception. AWESOME characters, AWESOME story, HOT sex, SIZZLING, SCORCHING chemistry between the characters...what more can a girl ask for. NOTHING!!!! I absolutely struck gold and cannot get enough of Maureen's books. I just wish there were more. Granted I'm not into romantic suspense so haven't read tho ...more
Shawnette
Aug 06, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Touch of Heaven is a DELIGHTFUL and emotionally-charged read...and of course I simply LOVE the whole secret crush scenario...the characters are well-developed and MEMORABLE...the SIZZLING mutual attraction between Raina & Warrick practically leaps off the pages...and with the ENGAGING storyline, the SURPRISING twist and the well placed flashbacks into the characters past it was quite easy to finish this novel in a couple of hours...Mrs. Smith crafts another CAPTIVATING romantic treat.
Emmarae Smithy
Aug 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ahh… Warrick. Lost a lot of sleep reading this Wolf Pack series, and I loved this book. You will, too. Warrick has a grudge, and he spends a lot of time telling himself to remember it because he keeps forgetting. Even before I learned what happened twelve years ago to splinter the friends and family, I felt so horrible for Raina for how she was treated.

Raina and Warrick are a lot alike. Raina worked hard to achieve her dream of her own massage parlor, and Warrick single handedly brought his fami
Lynetta
I LIKE

Touch of Heaven is a smooth, easy read that seems to end too soon but only because the characters are so real and relevant to the struggles within relationships today. Warrick and Raine demonstrate how easily dreams become lost to other pursuits and how important things are often neglected. Clearly family can be a help or a hindrance. Warrick, handsome CEO of his own engineering conglomerate, is outwardly confident but struggles with his past. Raine, independent small business owner , carr
Shelby P
I was impressed with several things in this book. First, I liked that Raina held to her convictions of not wanting to see her business/land sold to Warrick.

Second, it was nice to see that although Warrick was a self-made millionaire, his family life was not perfect. It was different to see that he had a sister who was a convicted felon serving jail time.

Third, I liked the relationship Randall maintained with Raina despite his family's opinion of her.

I like that Raina and Warrick did not jump int
lover-of-good-books
Dec 28, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, romance
Stella Eromonsere-Ajanaku
Panning out nicely, makes me want to find out more. I'm savouring the story build up.

Truly, the romance between Raina & Warrick was so explosive I had to run over to my hubby severally to assuage my own hunger!!! Maureen Smith got me so hot under the collar, I give her a huge thumb up.

However, the end where Raina splits up with Warrick, his sister's release from jail and her plea on her brother's behalf...was more like an anticlimax. I wish Warrick had dug his heels in and yanked Raina off
Stacy
Apr 27, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This gem of a book has all the great makings I love in a romance novel; a solid story line, tense, believable conflicts & smoking hot lead characters! Warrick & Raina's chemistry was popping off the page, that is one element Ms. Smith has yet to disappoint on. Where some authors explain the attraction between the characters - Smith CREATES it! I also appreciate the care in which Smith cultivates the lives so you can understand & care about the decisions Raina and Warrick make. And I ...more
V
May 10, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Girl loves best friend's older brother. Older brother doesn't acknowledge her existence until she's grown & has something he wants. A huge lie stands between them and true happiness.

I must admit I enjoyed this read. Probably because I like believing that true love can conquer all (even if I know it only happens in books & tv). Of course the final package comes together all too perfectly, but that's what's supposed to happen in romance books.
Texas Diva
Jan 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Touch of Heaven...Love this

Raina has been secretly in love with Warrick for years-too bad him and is whole family hates her. Warrick finds that Rain a has grown into a beautiful woman...wait he hates her...or does he. I love this story. I love all of the characters and Those Mayne boys are too hot. A rocky start love story....but honestly....it's my seventh time reading it. I love it like I did the first time. A recommend read.
Chelsea
Jun 08, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: maureen-smith
Very nice read! I love the relatable aspect of the characters. Warrick came from nothing and evolved into a forgiving and well-accomplished man. I had the pleasure of reading "Recipe for Temptation" before reading the story of Reese's sister Raina. I'm glad both sisters found love unexpectedly. The fact that Raina loved Warrick from a young age makes the story extra sweet!
Karen
Jun 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: maureen-smith
Touch of Heaven turned out to be a wonderful but difficult love story. How can love transpire from hate and mistrust? Warrick and Raina's love story is a story that definitely portrays patience and honesty ruling over hate a mistrust. Even though the beginning started off a little slow, in the storyline was a good one that had an awesome ending! Great story!
Connie
Loved it! Raina St. James' testimony sent Yolanda Mayne to jail for 12 years. Now the Mayne family hates her, including Warrick Mayne, the man Raina has loved since she was 10 years old. Now Warrick is back in town with plans to buy, then demolish "Touch of Heaven", Raina's Day Spa. Is it just business or revenge? Great story!
WANDA NASH
Jan 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I look forward to read this book. This is going to be a page turner. I'm think about buying this book just to see what have between the two of them. I encourage all that love a good romance book to read this one.
Lady Raven RAVE!
I liked Warrick & Raina well written book. I was surprise though in the book what he found about about his dad (trying to say it without spoiling it)but it was a nice read for me i'm glad Raina stood up to him when it came to her store.
Debra Odom
Aug 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a predictable romance story that is well written and has strong characters. If you are looking for a good "feel-good" romance where boy gets the girl this is it. This is the first book I have read of Maureen Smith and I really like her writing. I plan on a reading her others books.
Angelia
Sep 18, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Touch of Heaven was a great read, the storyline was great and the overall flow of the story kept you turning pages and wanting more....A job well done Ms. Smith can't wait to read more on this family...
O_O
Apr 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love endures all

Beautiful story, read it in one sitting. Just discovered this writer she writes like no other, strong heroes and heroines who takes no nonsense just like I like it.
Jackie Roberts
Feb 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved Warrick and Raina's story. Maureen Smith is an awesome author. Here is a story that was full of passion. It also shows that forgiveness is possible. You will enjoy this book!
Erika
Jan 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book!!!! I could not put it down. The chemistry between Warrick and Raina was incredible. Well written book.
Tiffanie
Oct 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good book I loved the outcome and the Maynes!
Shambrika Daniels
This was my first book by Maureen Smith & it definitely won't be my last. Thank You!!! Ms. Smith.
Vondetta Carter
Oct 31, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
loved it..
Tracy Robinson
Jan 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This Book Was a Freakin" Scorcher! WOW! Honey what you did with this book made me go back for more!
Shay
Sep 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Urbandivaz
Jun 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my all time favorites! A must read...
Blue.Raven
Mar 28, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Awesome, awesome, awesome, awesome. Need I say more?!!!!!!!:)
Shonnie
Mar 25, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-book
It kept a smile on my face.
Essie
Mar 21, 2015
Lakiya Chapman
May 17, 2014
  • Heart's Secret
  • Sizzling Seduction
  • Campaign for Seduction (Secrets and Lies, #3)
  • Bachelor Untamed
  • Guarding His Body
pseudonym Naomi Chase

I have enjoyed writing for as long as I can remember. My earliest memory of knowing I had a “literary gift” was as a third grader, when I wrote and illustrated a story about a child who stumbled upon a bird’s nest and decided to nurture the orphaned chickadee until its mother returned. I can’t recall whether the story had a happy ending or not, but my teacher, Mrs. Bennett, w
More about Maureen Smith...

St. James Sisters (2 books)
  • Recipe for Temptation (The Wolf Pack #2; St. James Sisters #2)