Start by marking “The Success System That Never Fails” as Want to Read:
The Success System That Never Fails

The Success System That Never Fails

3.99  ·  Rating details ·  470 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
Why does one man succeed and another fail? There is an answer. And it will be found in this book. For there are formulas, prescriptions, recipes-rules, principles, systems-even treasure maps, if you please-which, when followed in proper sequence, bring the good things in life to those who seek them. Often the rules for success are so simple and so obvious they aren't even ...more
Published December 28th 2009 by Wilder Publications (first published 1962)

Nicholas Piva
Apr 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The basic premise of this book, was his success principles: inspiration to action, know-how, learn from activity. Basically, get a desire, know how to work towards that dream, learn from what your doing to further your success likelihood. With that in mind, Clement stresses that success is achieved by those who try. Where there is nothing to lose by trying and a lot to gain if successful, try!

Also when selling, never ask “can I take a moment of your time”, instead ask “I believe this will intere
Matthew
Aug 25, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It takes a lot of concentration and thought to ring this book dry of all its value, but there's a really important point that the book makes that everyone who's trying to accomplish a goal should learn... and its this... there are a few things that you can do in any business that are extremely important for success. You can accumulate those things into a system through thought and trial and error. Once you have the system down, the really hard work is done. I use the info in this book everyday.
Rosslyn
Aug 10, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
If you are in the sales field you may find this book very beneficial. I, however, could not get into it. The format is very dry and almost exclusively deals with sales techniques. I suppose if you can stick it out to the end then there may be something for the ordinary reader to use but I never made it that far. I must repeat, however, if you are in sales then you should definately read this book.
Trung Thieu
Jan 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
if you seek self-improvement in your everyday, this is a must read book.
Quynhtho
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Quyển sách này đến với tôi một cách tình cờ.. lần đầu tiên đọc thì chưa thể hiểu đc hết giá trị của nó.. Bởi quyển sách nói về kỹ năng xây dựng hệ thống bán hàng.. thời điểm đó tôi nghĩ kỹ năng đó k phải là thứ tôi tìm kiếm..
Nhưng rồi tôi lại gặp Stone trong "Chìa khoá tư duy tích cực" của Napoleon Hill.. rồi lại gặp nó ở TIENS.. kết quả là tìm đọc lại nó 2 lần.. ^^
Vaishali
Mar 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-improvement
Just amazing, and so so helpful. I've listed some quotes, as well as his suggestions for further reading...books that inspired him. I was really surprised when he recounted what he calls "and old Hindu legend", which I'll quote first:

"When the gods were making the world, they asked 'where can we hide the most valuable treasures so that they cannot be lost? How can we hide them so that the lust and greed of men will not steal or destroy them?' So they selected a hiding place so obvious it wouldn'
Bob Page
Dec 15, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: abandoned
All of the references to Christianity and the need to "overcome temptation" and have "good thoughts" give this a creepy vibe. If you read the unsaid, be successful like the author by selling things from age 6, having a great relationship with your mother, going to boarding school, and inheriting your mother's successful business activities.

"The greatest power man possesses is the power of prayer."
Waseem
Apr 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
a self help classic easily worth a 5 star rating, I like w clements style of explaining his success principles with interesting stories and view points...you can get lost in them but remember to always look out for that pearl of wisdom they call contain, it really if understood some immense wisdom for anyone looking to become successful in any aspect of life

Waseem Mirza
Jean-marie Prevost
Couldn't get myself to finish it. I read about a third of it, skimmed threw the 2nd third then simply stopped. The style was terrible for me, with anecdotes upon anecdotes with so little content to pull from it. Pages of stories for lessons like "He DID it, took action, and that's what made the difference".

I found it very hard to find the actual substance out of the needless talk and stories, and overall dislike the writing style.
Hunter Lappen
Mar 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent overview of Stone's personal and professional journey to success. Some great insights and techniques offered here. A good general overview of success principles. Stone's personal rags to riches story is the most compelling part of the book.
Sarah O'Flaherty
Dec 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: self-help
Very inspiring book. Quite amazing how useful it is considering it is quite old now. I love the focus on the importance of strong morals and values vs a purely money focus. It makes you wonder how many people these days live by such a strong moral code.
Robin Riedler
Apr 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Dated But Timeless SelfHelp Book

He seems to take a lot of his material from Napoleon Hill though I dint know which came first. It's worth skimming the first half especially. I recommend it to those who truly want to succeed
Mark Manderson
The first portion is great info that is similar to the other self help books as far as PMA. I did like the suggestion of a personal time recorder that becomes your success indicator. That's a great tool.
Mutturaj
Feb 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
lot advices, great book again from WCS.
Ravi
Jan 25, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good Book , Need Multiple readings to completely practice
Tim Plett
Jan 30, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If Napoleon Hill is the father of self-help literature than W. Clement Stone must be the grandfather. This is a good book with solid advise and he doesn't get into some of Hill's weirdness.
Kopec
Mar 19, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
If I hadn't already read 5 similar books this month, I'm sure it would have stood on it's own better. The content is all solid, It's just very familiar.
Darlene Hull
Aug 06, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: business
While the nook is a little long and unwieldy there are some great principles here. Not much new, though as I suspect much of today's success literature got a lot of its ideas from this book.
Bonnie B
Feb 17, 2011 rated it liked it
While older, it's still got solid principles and is a great motivator. I was inspired to try to achieve more in my life. First self-help book I've read, and was impressed.
Toni Vanschoyck
Mar 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
essential for personal and professional development
Matt
Jan 16, 2016 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Classic!
Pete
May 24, 2012 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
It's a Great book with practical ideas from a very successful author.
Stanley Lee
Another hypey self-help book...
Crystal
Jan 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Clearly this book was written a long time ago, however, the fact that the author did make it through the depression increased his credibility.
Rose
Sep 05, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: all
mine is of '70's or early '80's copy, i think, with half-orange, half-white cover. feel-good read, helpful, inspirational
Gil Mirkovic
  • Be My Guest
  • Goal Setting: 13 Secrets of World Class Achievers
  • Winning Through Intimidation
  • Paradigms: The Business of Discovering the Future
  • Live Like You Mean It: The 10 Crucial Questions That Will Help You Clarify Your Purpose / Live Intentionally / Make the Most of the Rest of Your Life
  • How to Reach Your Life Goals
  • 1001 Ways to Market Your Books: For Authors and Publishers
  • Dan Poynter's Self-Publishing Manual: How to Write, Print and Sell Your Own Book
  • My Philosophy for Successful Living
  • Mission:Success
  • Be All You Can Be
  • The Strangest Secret
  • Make More, Worry Less: Secrets from 18 Extraordinary People Who Created a Bigger Income and a Better Life
  • The Other 90%: How to Unlock Your Vast Untapped Potential for Leadership and Life
  • The Think and Grow Rich Workbook
  • Guerrilla Publicity: Hundreds of Sure-Fire Tactics to Get Maximum Sales for Minimum Dollars
  • Pushing to the Front or Success Under Difficulties
  • Little Black Book of Connections: 6.5 Assets for Networking Your Way to Rich Relationships

Nonfiction Deals

$7.74 $1.99
  • The Autobiography of Malcolm X
    $7.99 $1.99
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All Over But the Shoutin'
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Sous Chef: 24 Hours on the Line
    $13.99 $1.99
  • WEIRD: Because Normal Isn't Working
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Lady Almina and the Real Downton Abbey: The Lost Legacy of Highclere Castle
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Man Who Made Vermeers: Unvarnishing the Legend of Master Forger Han van Meegeren
    $14.99 $1.99