Start by marking “Colters' Lady (Colters' Legacy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Colters' Lady (Colters' Legacy, #2)

Colters' Lady (Colters' Legacy #2)

4.01  ·  Rating details ·  9,957 Ratings  ·  317 Reviews
Can their love give her the strength to overcome the tragedy in her past?

Colters' Legacy, Book 2

When police officer Seth Colter sees the delicate, shabbily dressed beauty in line at the soup kitchen where he's serving, he's gut shot over the idea of her being on the streets cold and alone. More baffling is the dark, possessive instinct that tells him she belongs to him.

For
Published June 1st 2010 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd (first published May 29th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Colters' Lady, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Colters' Lady

Auntee
Mar 17, 2010 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of "Colters' Woman"
Not as bad as I'd feared. You have to be able to put aside a lot of questions, not think "Well why didn't they do that?" and "How come they..." and "What do they see in..." and "How could she..." and just let yourself be entertained by a story where women (or should I say the woman) is placed on a pedestal and worshipped, doesn't have to lift a finger (unless she wants to) and her every whim (including sexual whims) is met by three hunky brothers whose only goal in life seems to be to please the ...more
seton
Feb 26, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: h-needs-to-die
This story is about the second generation of the Colters, after Colters' Woman, Colters' Wife, and Callie's Meadow. The heroes are the Colters' three sons. The oldest son sees our heroine, Lily, in a soup kitchen and take her home since she is homeless. Unfortunately, his two younger brother see Lily too and want her also. They soon realize that they might have to follow the family tradition (practiced by their parents and grandparents) of sharing one woman.

Bottom line, this was just okay. The p
P
Jun 19, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica
เปนนิยายทีอานแลวรูสึกวาตัวเองอยูผิดทีผิดทางไปหมด ขนาดโตะเกาอีในเรืองเรายังคิดวาขวางหูขวางตาเราเลย 555 นางเอกเปนผูหญิงสะออนสะแอน ครังแรกทีเจอกับพระเอก(คนที 1) นางกวิงหนีเขาหาดงกระสุน เลยถูกยิงซะ พระเอก(คนที 2)เลยมาชวย พอจับตัวปุบ นางหนามืดทันที แลวกคิดวา ... เลือด เลือดมาจากไหน !? ไมนะ นีฉันโดนยิงหรอเนีย (คนอานถอนหายใจรอบที 30) จากนันพระเอกกพานางเอกกลับมาบานเพือเจอพระเอก(คนที 3) แต...ชากอน !! อยาเพิงคิดวาทังสีจะประกอบกิจกรรมเขาจังหวะหลังจากนัน ไมเลย มายยยยย !! เลมนีมีการพานางเอกไปพบพอแมสามี กราบส ...more
Sparklybearsy¤°.¸¸.•´¯`»
Rated 4.5
I couldn't have been more excited when i was offered the chance to read Colters' Lady by Maya Banks. I'm very much on Team Colter

Yes this book is has the same premise as CW did, three Colter men and one woman. But that is where the similarites end. The one thing i thought was lacking in CW was how the men decided to share a woman in the first place we never saw that, and in Colter's Lady i got it. None of the brothers had prepared for falling for the same woman despite having three fat
jenjn79
Mar 24, 2010 rated it really liked it
Recommended to jenjn79 by: continuation of a series
I enjoyed this book. I know it's not perfect by any means, but it just worked for me. Sometimes that happens.

Series Note:
This book is a sequel to "Colters Woman"...I wouldn't say its necessary to read that one first, but I think it'd be helpful.

Summary:
Some thirty years after there parents set on a path of an unconventional relationship (one woman, three brothers), their three sons are making their way in the world, never planning to follow in their parents' footsteps. But then Seth, a Denver co
PJ
3 'Colter Bros to Share' = 3 Stars
Book 1 worked pretty well. Book 2 not so much. The brothers aren't as close and they don't seem so eager to fair and square share, each more set on staking his own claim to woo her individually.

So their backhanded wooing to claim their "prize" without bothering to bond as brothers together first in her "best" interest just didn't work for me...especially seeing how skittish she was with her messed up past.

Worth a listen, just beware it's not as good as Book 1.
Laura V.
Lily es maleable, más niña que adulta. Los Colter hijo, bueno, no los veo cómodos con el acuerdo. En lo absoluto. Ellos no lo querían hacer, pero como está en el gen Colter, es inevitable (pura mierda) querer compartir a Lily.

Seth es el que más sale perdiendo. Él la encuentra primero, pero rápidamente la pierde. Michael y Dillon la "tienen" más que él, y él siempre queda a lo último y en el olvido (awful).

Vemos más a los Colter padre, (con la paternidad múltiple de Ryan demostrada, no lo dice l
Carol (Mocha)
Oct 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: maya-banks, menage
I am not a fan of menage. But Mayas books are written so well and I am loving them. The stories are sweet and poignant and loving. Thank you Maya!!!
ALPHAreader
Sep 13, 2010 rated it did not like it
Maya Bank’s ‘Colter’s Woman’ was the first erotica story I ever read, so I have a bit of a soft spot for it.
In that first book Maya Banks introduced three very unusual brothers. Adam, Ethan and Ryan Colter were three men who grew up in a family with three dads and one mother – and that family dynamic stayed with them into adulthood and became their ideal family unit. Then Holly stepped into their lives to fill the role of wife for the three Colter’s.

This sequel, ‘Colter’s Lady’ is set a few year
Shera (Book Whispers)
With the first book, Colters’ Woman, it felt as if the sex scenes took over and left the remaining plot threads unwoven. I wanted to feel like the plot and the resulting sex actually went together, instead of the book relying on the foursome. The promise was there for the first book, and I wanted to hold onto that promise.

Lily has been living on the streets in Denver for three years. She's just trying to survive and forget the sins of her past. That’s when Officer Seth steps in to save Lily. Imm
Asounani
Dec 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Me gusto bastante este, fue más creible el proceso en que tardan enamorandose y acoplandose a estar juntos.
Jacqueline
Jul 30, 2011 marked it as dnf
Read the first one but just couldn't buy it this time around. Gotta give me some reason 3 brothers would not each want their own woman other than "just because."
Gisele
Apr 28, 2016 rated it it was ok
Hummm. I felt like the boys were really uncomfortable sharing Lily, among other things. Wierd. LOL.
Amafle
Dec 26, 2017 rated it it was ok
Hijos repitiendo las idioteces de sus padres
Ally
Jun 29, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2010, ebook
Police officer Seth Colter got shot during duty and is on leave, during his leave he helps out at a soup kitchen. While Seth is serving he see’s Lily and he’s horrified over the idea of her being on the streets cold and alone. More baffling is the dark, possessive instinct that tells him she belongs to him. For Lily, home means a secluded nook in an alley until Seth offers her a place to stay. Seth is convinced Lily is the one. The problem is, when his brothers lay eyes on her, the same primitiv ...more
Corduroy
This is just too odd for me. A cop meets a cute homeless lady and is instantly so smitten he takes her home. The cute homeless lady never seems to worry that he has nefarious designs. Then the cop's brother, a veterinarian, sees her and is also instantly smitten. Then the cute homeless lady flees, only to get minorly injured in a "turf war between drug dealers". In downtown Denver, Colorado. I am not saying that absolutely could not happen, but it's not like Denver is going to show up on a remak ...more
Dominus~
Feb 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Obviously, it grew better. The Colters' series I mean. Doesn't mean this is my fave you don't need to read the first one and go straight here. I still think you have to read the first one because well... it's a freaking series and you start from the first. Plus it's really good. But this one is better.
The problem with people is, when a story has been tagged as about sex or eroticism they all have their judgments already. Some just looked and looked for the sex and some doesn't even give it a cha
PepperP0t
I expected more of the Colter Brothers and Holly, but I got Colter Brothers 2.0 as their kids are all grown up and in the world on their own. This easy to get into read flowed just as effortlessly as the previous installments. While mom and the dads beam at their offspring following in their footsteps they also provide a very strong bridge from the earlier books with their unusual family structure.

If you are unable to unable to appreciate a polygamous relationship and or sex scenes with multipl
Arys
Mar 06, 2015 rated it liked it
Colter's Lady by Maya Banks was, for me, not as great as the first. Lily and the guys Seth, Dillon and Michael are great characters. I enjoyed how they each were against the idea of being like their dads but once they saw Lily, did a 180. (view spoiler) ...more
Amanda Sheila
Well, i don't have any high expectations about this book. I mean, the major plot is obvious, only different storyline and different characters. But so far, I love the first book. Because the angst and the action are killing me. This one? It's good but just good.
What a funny way to meet your "destiny". I personally don't believe in love at the first sight because there's always lust. But again, it's just a work of fiction so I enjoyed playing with imagination.
I love Dillon! :)
Dorel
Jun 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this 3rd book's story line. This book's story line was sad but good. i loved the hot & steamy scenes. I loved Seth, Michael, & Dillon. The sons are nothing like their dads. I loved all the things Seth, Michael, & Dillon did with their lives. My heart broke for Lily. I loved Lily's strength in this story. I loved the ending. Awesome job Ms. Banks.
Wild_irish_rose
Mar 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love this series. The connection between the characters--Lily, Seth, Michael, and Dillion--was a delight to watch. I loved watching Lily change and grow as she realized what happened in the past was no one's fault. Of course, it was good to see the rest of the family we fell in love with in the previous book.
Booklover, Indianapolis
(June) 3.5* Not quite as good as the original - nice to catch up w/Holly and her men, but their sons are just not quite as intense. Of course, these books are so over-the-top-never-gonna-happen (but if they did seems to me they can only happen in a small town in the middle of nowhere!) - but they are fun - and hot!
Tanya Mayes
Oct 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: erotica
Enjoyable read but the boys got to get on their fathers level.
Barkha
Jun 29, 2015 rated it it was ok
Sometimes I like to blindly barge into books, without reading any description. I want to be surprised. Sometimes this surprise is of a negative variety.
Carla
Oct 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
Well i liked this book, it was really close to the first one, and felt a little bit rushed, but overall, good book!

Gabrielle Nicole
Aug 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this story, definitely much better story line and flow then the previous one about holly and the hero's dads in my opinion.since in the previous story what didn't really sell me was how quick they all jumped into bed with holly, and she with them. Like I felt like in holly's story She should have gotten to know them so much more first, like everything was super rushed to me. Unlike this story where the flow was just right for me, since they actually don't become intimate till like way into ...more
Georgina Parkin
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Toni
Mar 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Definitely not as good as the first book.

But it gets three stars for the emotional ending. This one makes me cry.

There was so much more love and devotion shown in the first book. Even in this book the most absolute love and devotion we see is when the young brothers are asking their parents for relationship advice, not from themselves:

"they knew immediately and with absolute certainty that she was the one. The one. They said it was instant and so powerful they didn't have a prayer of fighting.
Daniela
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2018
(Explícito). Lily es una cobarde (ella misma lo dice) y los hermanos Colter de este libro, los hijos, hacen lo que sea por ella, literal. Puede que ella haya perdido a su hija de unos dos meses pero después de tres años viviendo en las calles, después de firmar el divorcio y salir sin nada en las manos de su casa, fue un castigo demasiado exagerado como para seguir en la etapa de la negación y culpándose de algo que no fue completamente su responsabilidad. Y al final, cuando decide enfrentar a s ...more
Recommendations for Contemporary Erotic Romance 5 33 Aug 29, 2014 06:58AM
The World of Maya...: * 2. Colters' Lady 16 35 Dec 17, 2013 06:17AM
  • Two to Love (Nights in Bliss, Colorado, #2)
  • Creation of Desire (Desire, Oklahoma, #3)
  • For the Love of Anna (The Town of Pearl, #1)
  • Their One and Only
  • Northern Exposure (Compass Brothers #1)
  • Heavenly Angel (Divine Creek Ranch, #3)
  • Patton's Way (Cattleman's Club, #1)
  • Belonging to Them (Daly Way #1)
  • Blackmailed (Blackmailed #1)
  • Good Horses, Fast Cars and Real Men
Maya Banks is the #1 New York Times, #1 USA Today and international bestselling author of over 50 novels. A wife and mother of three, she lives in Texas.
More about Maya Banks

Colters' Legacy (5 books)
  • Colters' Woman (Colters' Legacy, #1)
  • Colters' Daughter (Colters' Legacy, #3)
  • Colters' Promise (Colters' Legacy, #4)
  • Colters' Gift (Colters' Legacy, #5)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Some Kind of Hero (Troubleshooters, #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $1.99
“You knew she was the one. I mean, the moment you saw her.

Yeah. Kind of a cross between an 'I'm fucked' and a being struck by lightning sort of thing.”
4 likes
“If it helps you. I forgive you. But i have learned in recent weekd that seeking forgiveness from others is meaningless unless you can forgive yourself.” 1 likes