Start by marking “River of Mercy (The Riverhaven Years, #3)” as Want to Read:
River of Mercy (The Riverhaven Years, #3)

River of Mercy (Riverhaven Years #3)

4.27  ·  Rating details ·  200 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
Bestselling author BJ Hoff’s faithful fans will delight in the heartwarming conclusion to her acclaimed Riverhaven Years trilogy, following the success of the first two books in the series, Rachel’s Secret and Where Grace Abides. In this third book, young Gideon Kanagy faces a life-changing challenge--and an unexpected romance with his young Amish friend, Emma Knepp. Gideo ...more
Published October 1st 2012 by Harvest House Publishers (first published October 15th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about River of Mercy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about River of Mercy

Rachel
May 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This conclusion to the trilogy was so good. It finally addressed all of the threads of the story line that had been left dangling. The crisis and resolution was so surprising and satisfying. A well-written novel with intriguing characters.
Dorrice
Oct 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
It has become a habit for me to read all the books in a series and then write a review of the series. This is a review of The Riverhaven Years, a trilogy set in pre-Civil War years. Some of the people in the stories are involved in the Underground Railroad The main focus in the stories is the romance that developed between Rachel, a young Amish widow. and an Irishman who landed on her doorstep in the middle of a stormy night, wounded and possibly not even going to survive. Because he was not Ami ...more
Amanda
Sep 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book was a wonderful end to the trilogy. My only complaint is some rehashing of already explained ideas, however, that may have been to help keep readers in the loop who haven't read the prior books. In this book, you find out who is behind the mischief. I thought I knew who it was, but the author fooled me! Once again, this is a book that I couldn't put down and finished in a couple of days.
Michele A.
Dec 12, 2012 rated it liked it
I found the book to be a good read.The plot to had diffferent aspects to it which kept me reading it. The writing fowed well and kept my interest. A good book to read on a Saturday afternoon with a good cup of coffee.
Paula-O
Feb 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
reviewed this as series on book #1 ....check out my review there.
Linda Klager
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed all three of these books very much. I highly recommend them to anyone who wants to learn more about the Amish and their way of life.
Gaile
This is the third and last book in The Riverhaven Years. In the first two books, Rachel's Secret and Where Grace Abides, the reader was left with a cliff hanger. All the ends were not tied. At last in this one, the ends are finally tied up and all is woven together.
Taking place in the 1850s this book shows the basic beliefs of the Amish haven't changed that much over time.
Amish woman Rachel Brenneman has been in love with outsider Jeremiah Gant for sometime. Both feel frustrated that no way will
Pat Bettis
Feb 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good ending for the series.
Linda Branich
Mar 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: amish
This was the third book in the Riverhaven trilogy and I must say that I am disappointed to say goodbye to these God-fearing, righteous Amish people who struggle with many of the same things we Englischer
( auslanders) do. I recommend all three books, especially if you are interested in either the Amish oe the Underground Railroad.
Mar 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
I loved this last book to the Riverhaven Years Series. BJ Hoff did not disappoint! I felt like this one had a lot more suspense to it, and several good story lines going on at once. The ending was perfect!
Janie  R.
Oct 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mysterysuspense
A really interesting and good conclusion to this trilogy! Though there were cliff hangers in the 1st and 2nd book, I didn't mind, there are other authors who do that, also. I really enjoyed reading this book!
Sandra
Mar 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
Note: I read this as a free eARC from Netgalley.
I love this series. It is a sweet trilogy of love and faith in God.
Louise King
Nov 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
nice finish to this series
Mary Ellen
Nov 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
A really good read with an engaging mystery that had a few plot twists that kept it really interresting.
Aug 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This trilogy is on my top 5 list for favorite series. I LOVED all three books!!!!
Barbara
Apr 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amish Mystery

Amish Mystery

This was a great mystery as well as Amish love story. I definitely recommend it to anyone who loves a great Amish love story.
Lisa
Dec 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
Rather a different way to look at the Amish, in more of a historical context.
Midge
Jan 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great finish to the trilogy, brought it all together and have a good ending.
Ashley Daviau
Sep 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
A stunning conclusion to an excellent trilogy! Got to read more about the Underground Railroad and finally see everything come together in the perfect ending!
Diane
Nov 24, 2016 rated it it was ok
Meh. Better than the second book. Still not a great read for me.
Rebecca
Jan 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Read this book not realizing it was the end of a trilogy. Loved it as a stand alone.
Joni
Jan 18, 2013 rated it liked it
Interesting reading. Learned about the Amish ways and about hiding the slaves.
Amy
Apr 07, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.
Dianne
Jul 17, 2012 added it
Recommends it for: Everyone
Reading this book right now! B.J. Hoff is a great writer! We waited a long time and this is well worth the wait!
Christy
Jan 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: amish, historical
This was a outstanding series. I was a little skeptical because of the "English" in the story but they were remarkably written in for a perfect series. Plenty of story line and character development.
Victoria Kator
Apr 05, 2016 rated it liked it
nice ending to the series, hard to go wrong with God and romance. how creepy are Samuel and Aaron!
ANNETTE
Apr 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
I thought this book was starting off slow . Then last couple of chapters were good. The first &second book seemed to grip me and was a real page turner.
Carolyn Denson
Aug 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Third book in series. I enjoyed the finality of the series and the journey each character traveled to get there.
PWRL
May 29, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-new
SM
Pat
Oct 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I really like this book. Finally the conclusion to the Riverhaven Years trilogy. Spoiler: Rachel and Jeremiah finally get together after many trials and troubles!!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • The Heart's Frontier (The Amish of Apple Grove, #1)
  • Living in Harmony (New Beginnings, #1)
  • Ella Finds Love Again (Little Valley #3)
  • A Harvest of Hearts (Amish of Seymour County, #2)
  • The Captive Heart (Daughters of Caleb Bender, #2)
  • The Healing (Kentucky Brothers, #2)
  • A Rose Revealed (Amish Farm Trilogy, #3)
  • The Face of Heaven (Snapshots in History #2)
  • To Love and to Cherish (The Bliss Creek Amish #1)
  • Hills of Wheat (Amish of Lancaster #2)
  • The Lesson (Stoney Ridge Seasons #3)
  • A Stranger's Gift (Women of Pinecraft, #1)
  • Angel of the Cove
  • A Summer Secret (Mysteries of Middlefield, #1)
BJ Hoff’s bestselling historical novels continue to cross the boundaries of religion, language, and culture to capture a worldwide reading audience.

Her books include such popular series as The Riverhaven Years, The Mountain Song Legacy, Song of Erin, American Anthem, and An Emerald Ballad. Hoff’s stories, although set in the past, are always relevant to the present.

Whether her characters move ab
More about B.J. Hoff...

Riverhaven Years (3 books)
  • Rachel's Secret (The Riverhaven Years, #1)
  • Where Grace Abides (The Riverhaven Years, #2)