Start by marking “On Thin Ice (Whisper Lake, #2)” as Want to Read:
On Thin Ice (Whisper Lake, #2)

On Thin Ice (Whisper Lake #2)

3.75  ·  Rating details ·  104 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
Published April 13th 2010 by Steeple Hill

To ask other readers questions about On Thin Ice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about On Thin Ice

Cathy Daniel
Oct 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Another excellent book in this series and by Linda Hall! So good and creepy! It was a little frustrating that it took her so long to figure certain things out and that she didn't share with Alec. Also it felt a little sad to me at the end. Don't want to give too much away but if you read it you know why the killer is a sad character, in my opinion. Looking forward to Whisper Lake #3!
Susan Barnes
Sep 10, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: adult-fiction
On thin ice tells the story of Megan Brooks and Alec Black who were once engaged, but never married. They meet again after twenty years as they work together to investigate the suspicious deaths of several friends. Through this process they face their own history of a failed relationship but are now given a second chance with the benefit of more insight and maturity.

This is a short, entertaining read with limited depth. It touches on a few issues such as dysfunctional families, integrity and for
AJ
Aug 10, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
©2010
16 chapters 203 pages

Book Summary—Megan Brooks is afraid for her life. Twenty years ago, she planned to marry, but the murder of her grandmother cancelled those plans. It’s awkward to wed the brother of the man who was charged, tried, and sentenced for killing your only family member. And now two members of her bridal party have died suspicious deaths, and Megan believes she’s next. So what can she do but run to her ex-fiancé, Sheriff Alec Black, in Whisper Lake Crossings, Maine, for help.
Lauralee Bliss
Nov 30, 2010 rated it really liked it
I was in the mood for suspense and a seasonal read with winter on the way. And I was not disappointed by this "whodunit" by Linda Hall. The writing is very simple and easy to read. The story easy to follow. I thought the author did a good job shielding the reader from who the eventual suspect is until the end. The only thing that the story lacks is depth. I did not really know the hero and heroine at all on a personal level. There is very little description in the book with regard to the charact ...more
Christy
Apr 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Twenty years ago on Valentines Day Megan & Alec were to be married - that is until a tragedy happened that left Alec & Megan split on different sides. Hurt, bitter, and angry Megan moved away. Now two of Megan & friends have died in suspicious "accidents." Megan finds herself back in Alec's presence - the one place she didn't really want to go to.

This is the second book in 'The Whisper Lake' series. Although I thoroughly enjoyed the first book (Storm Warning), Linda had me drawn in
Janet Sketchley
I always enjoy Linda Hall's novels, although I prefer the longer ones. She has such a gift for developing memorable characters and situations. In this shorter format she still achieves more than most authors will, but I miss the deeper secondary characters and subplots.

This is the second novel in the Whisper Lake series, set in Maine, and I liked recognizing some of the people from book one. The heroine also does something particularly clever at one point when she's in danger. I won't ruin it b
Sandra Pieralisi
Aug 01, 2010 rated it really liked it
Megan Brooks and Alec Black were in love, planning a wedding. Twwo weeks before the wedding a tragedy happened. The wedding never happened. Twenty years later it was noticed that the wedding party from twenty years ago were having tragic accidents. Megan knows she must confront her past. Alec, a police officer now, is the last man Megan wants to see again---yet he is the only one who can keep her safe when the killer comes for the bride.
Janell
Oct 05, 2015 rated it it was ok
So-so mystery with a ridiculous villain and flat, shallow main characters. Hard to care about the outcome. (sigh)

This line of books from Steeple Hill are known for having a mystery, a gentle romance and a Christian message. As short, simple, easy-to-read books, sometimes one or more of these elements are a little shaky. This time, however, all three elements suffered by the lack of depth to both the story and the characters. Just so-so at best.
Cheryl
Mar 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I spent this afternoon completely engrossed in this one! Shared the feeling of unease with Megan Brooks,and it definitely escalated as the book progressed.
A funny note,I finished this on the last day of March,and the 2 main characters,Megan and Alec were married on the last day of March-how about that?
If you haven't read this one and like both love and suspense,find a copy of this one-a quick read but well worth it!!
John Hanscom
Mar 20, 2010 rated it liked it
These books are fluff and easy reading, but actually quite exciting. This one was good but not of the best. I had things figured long before the protagonists did. Though technically labeled as a "religious romance novel," the religion is muted and the romance is about the same as in "mainline" books.
Melissa
Feb 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
I'd give this this book 4.5 stars. It was almost as good as the first book in this trilogy. I just didn't like the idea that the main characters had lost 20 years due to tragedy. That made me sad. Great mystery however!
Judy
Sep 02, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This is the 2nd in the series. It was really good. I did not read the first one.
IrenesBookReviews
I didn't really get into this one. It was well written but the story itself just didn't draw me in. You might like it better though.
Sandra
Dec 21, 2012 rated it it was ok
A quick read but rather light-weight.
Ally
Apr 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Love this book! I am a night reader but with this one I read every chance I could. I am a instant fan.
Phyllis
Feb 16, 2015
Caitlin Stringfellow
Dec 18, 2014
Marta
rated it did not like it
Jun 23, 2011
Apr 03, 2012
Melissa
Jan 01, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Body of Evidence (Texas Ranger Justice, #2)
  • Running Scared (Heroes for Hire, #2)
  • Flashpoint (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense #204) (Emerald Coast 911, #4)
  • Covert Pursuit
  • Threat of Exposure (Texas Ranger Justice, #5)
  • The Officer's Secret  (Military Investigations, #1)
  • Cowboy Protector  (Protecting the Witnesses, #3)
  • Face of Danger
  • Murder at Granite Falls (Big Sky Series, #4)
  • Fatal Secrets  (Protecting the Witnesses , #5)
  • Behind the Badge (The Morgan Brothers, #2)
  • Undercover Pursuit (Missions of Mercy #3)
  • Witness on the Run
  • Twin Targets  (Protecting the Witnesses, #1)
  • Code of Justice
I write mystery novels and short stories. So far I have 20 in print - with more coming. My newest mystery series begins with Night Watch and introduces my new series character, boat captain Em Ridge.

Other series include the Corporal Roger Sheppard mysteries, The Teri Blake-Addison PI thrillers and the Fog Point mysteries, as well as a number of romantic suspense novels and short stories.

For infor
More about Linda Hall...

Whisper Lake (3 books)
  • Storm Warning (Whisper Lake, #1)
  • Critical Impact (Whisper Lake, #3)