Start by marking “Serenity Bay” as Want to Read:
Serenity Bay

Serenity Bay

3.85  ·  Rating details ·  71 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
On a small, picturesque island in Pugent Sound, a young woman discovers that her family and her perfect little life are beginning to unravel. Original.
Published October 1st 2000 by Bethany House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Serenity Bay, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Serenity Bay

Crystal
Oct 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great book! Nordberg does a great job taking the reader on a journey inside the life of a young woman whose life isn't all that it appears.
When I started this book I liked the title and was looking for a light read. Although the book wasn't the light read I was looking for, I felt drawn to the main character and her struggle to fit in, to be a good wife, a good mother, I liked her sweet sincere nature and her love of the cello.
As I got deeper into the novel, it was not lost on me that October
Louise
Jan 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Story Description:

A charming island village in the Puget Sound seems like the perfect place to raise their children when Patricia Koehler and her husband move in. And the slow pace of life might be just the thing to bring the peace and quiet Patricia longs for. When she discovers a wonderful friend in Susan – a woman as outgoing as Patricia is shy – she knows she’s made a friend for life.

Yet all is not as it seems, and the Koehlers are not a perfect couple. When Patricia shares her secret agony
Irene
Aug 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I could not put this book down.
Life on the quaint little island of Serenity Bay in Puget Sound is peaceful and quiet. To all appearances, Patricia Koehler has everything she could ever want in a husband and two young children. But Patricia harbors a terrible secret she can share with no one--she is battered wife whose children are in danger too. Then she meets Susan, a Christian woman with a heart even larger than her love of life and laughter and their friendship literally becomes Patricia's l
Linda
Dec 05, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Heavy reading. Traces the life of an ordinary woman who blindly-in-love marries a disturbed and abusive man. The progression from happy bride to bewildered victim to terrified slave is very well portrayed, although it is still hard to understand how easily it seems that a life can be so altered in such a short time. Very well written and insightful; though disturbing, I would recommend it.
Alyssa
Aug 21, 2007 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: funreading, american
Bette Nordberg is a friend of my family and I have always appreciated her books. Set in the San Juan islands, the scenery is familiar to me and she her ability to tell a fascinating and powerful story while remaining very entertaining is impressive.
Elaine
Jun 17, 2011 added it
read this once and started to read again several years later but couldn't get into it. Gave it away.
Christine Smith
Jan 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-books-read
Tough look at spousal abuse targeted to Christian women. Eye opening and suspenseful. The author came to our book club discussion and was delightful and informative.
Melissa
Sep 16, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Just don't like books about abused women whose husband kidnaps kids. Great story about trusting God, but very depressing.
Jenni
Nov 22, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best rated books of all time in our Book Club! Sad, very real, and just couldn't put it down.
Monica Spencer
Sara
Jul 07, 2013
Vikki
Jun 10, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A story about battered women. Religious story.
Cheryl Olson