Start by marking “Skinny Annie Blues (Wiley Moss, #3)” as Want to Read:
Skinny Annie Blues (Wiley Moss, #3)

Skinny Annie Blues (Wiley Moss #3)

3.31  ·  Rating details ·  39 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Feckless, reckless, freelance artist Wiley Moss returns in a new mystery by the author of Pink Vodka Blues. Wiley is summoned to Galveston when the father he hasn't seen in 19 years turns up dead--and soon finds himself on a roller coaster ride that starts off with simple armed robbery, escalates to murder and could--if he's not very, very lucky--cost him his life.
Hardcover, First Edition, 250 pages
Published August 1st 1996 by Kensington (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Skinny Annie Blues, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Skinny Annie Blues

Carol.
Oct 11, 2016 rated it liked it
Amusing but occasionally tiresome, much like a visiting three-year-old. Also like a three year old, it insists on interacting with those who would rather remain untouched. It reminds me somewhat of the famous male writers I read in the late 80s: Tom Robbins, Updike--kind of clever but more than a little fixated on females and the possibility of sex.

A cop calls Wiley Moss to let him know his father has died:
"If you hadn't told me he was dead, I never would have known he was alive."
The cop went si
Karl
Sep 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
The book "Skinny Annie Blues" has the same main character as "Pink Vodka Blues" had. Wiley Moss, an entomologist flies down to Galveston to find out who murdered his father. The novel is one long extended chase scene.

Neal Barrett Jr. 1929 - Sunday, February 9, 2014. He worked on many pseudonymous projects to support himself, he work for franchises such as the Hardy Boys, Tom Swift, Daniel Boone, Dungeons and Dragons, Judge Dread, Spiderman, Batman, and Pamela Anderson's Barb Wire.

This book is n
Maddy
Sep 16, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016-reads
PROTAGONIST: Wiley Moss, graphic artist
SETTING: Galveston, TX
SERIES: #1 of 2
RATING: 3.0
WHY: Wiley Moss hasn't seen his father in 17 years. He decides to go to his funeral in Galveston, TX, and also try to find out if his death was an accident as stated. It seems everyone in Galveston is out to get him, which didn't make much sense to me since he had had no contact with his father in so long. The book was at first funny, but as it went on, I grew to dislike the lead character more and more.
Sharon Holford
Jan 03, 2017 rated it it was ok

What a waste of time! Yes there were a few funny spots, but the "hero" has got to be one of the stupidest men ever in fiction.
Mike Briggs
Aug 29, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, reviewed
I wish we had 1/2 stars on GoodReads just for situations like this one here. No, I don't want to rate it 1 1/2 stars. I want to rate it 1/2 stars. Actually, if it was possible, I want to rate it zero stars.

The humor is forced. The main character is completely unlikable.

A boring disagreeable waste of my time. Which is unfortunate as I actually did rather enjoy another of Neal Barrett's books. Though, to be fair to myself, that one I liked was Science Fiction, and this one is Mystery.
LJ
SKINNY ANNIE BLUES - NR
Barrett, Jr., Neal - 3rd in Wiley Moss series

Receiving a mysterious call that informs him that his father is dead and warns him not to return home, Wiley Moss travels to Texas anyway and must solve a murder while preventing his own death.

I didn't like the characters. This just didn't work for me at all.
Peter Tillman
Jul 06, 2016 rated it it was ok
C/DNF. Odd mystery. Has moments. Didn't click for me, though I got through most of it. The title is probably the best part of it. Cool cover art, too.
Mary  (Biblophile)
This was a quirky mystery. The main character has a goofy slant on life. Rather enjoyable if you give it a chan
Peggy
Aug 13, 2007
Deran
Sep 03, 2008
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Neal Barrett, Jr. was a writer of fantasy, science fiction, mystery/suspense, and historical fiction. His story "Ginny Sweethips' Flying Circus" was nominated for both the 1988 Nebula Award for Best Novelette and the 1989 Hugo Award for Best Novelette.
More about Neal Barrett Jr....

Wiley Moss (4 books)
  • Pink Vodka Blues (Wiley Moss, #1)
  • Dead Dog Blues (Wiley Moss, #2)
  • Bad Eye Blues (Wiley Moss, #4)