Start by marking “I Can Be a Pet Vet (Barbie) (Step into Reading)” as Want to Read:
I Can Be a Pet Vet (Barbie) (Step into Reading)

I Can Be a Pet Vet (Barbie) (Barbie )

3.9  ·  Rating details ·  344 Ratings  ·  25 Reviews
Barbie wants to be a pet doctor! Join her as she helps a vet take care of puppies, kittens, horses, and many other lovable pets in this original Step 1 book in the Step into Reading series.
Published May 11th 2010 by Random House Books for Young Readers (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about I Can Be a Pet Vet (Barbie), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Can Be a Pet Vet (Barbie)

Marissa Morrison
Aug 21, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: children-s
Barbie takes her dog to the vet, but the vet is so overwhelmed by patients that she enlists Barbie's help. Although Barbie appears to be a stripper or perhaps a Vegas showgirl, she manages the animals okay.
Carrie
Mar 04, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childhood-reads
"I really liked this book!" - Dara
Lynda
Dec 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens-books
While I am not a fan of the Barbie series books (not much of a plot, dialogue, weak characters...) my preschooler loves them mainly I believe due to the vivid illustrations and glamorous Barbie fashion and accessories. 1 Star from Mom, 5 from the kid, so we split the difference to 3 stars.
Alicia (aka Rozzie) Chamberlain
I read a bunch of books to my daughter today. I love using my local libraries online borrow system, it's so simple to use. Victoria loved this book (age 4). She was able to follow along, she even guessed a couple words. The pictures were very well done and they went with the story perfectly.
Sharlene McDonad
Dec 10, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
It sucks

It sucksjjjjj jjjj jjjjj jjjjjjjjjjj jj jjjj jj jj jjj jju jjjjjjuuuijjkkoojhhguikkjnhhyauiaiaaoaokams

Jjjjjjjjjj. jjjjj jj jj jjj jj j jjj
Zina
Jul 22, 2017 rated it did not like it
Too many pets. Too much Barbie.
McKenzie McIlrath
This is a great level 1 reading book. Simple site words that are easily to read, while telling a basic story while keeping the kids focused
Mellanie C
May 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Barbie can do anything!
Sandra
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cvtc-child-lit
Barbie goes to the vet with her dog and then starts to help the vet with all of the animals that come in after. It's a great beginner reading book with a can do message.
Lavinia
Jan 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is about a Barbie who came to the vet with her puppy, and the puppy was okay, and then Barbie became a vet too and she helped all the animals. She helped a cat, she helped a horse, she helped dogs, and she helped a birdie and a bunny. At the end, they all shouted "Hooray for Barbie!"

My favorite part was the picture where there was a Barbie who came with her cats to the vet, but the cats weren't in the box, so they searched for the cats. A dog found cats in a flower pot, the Barbie foun
Sarah Emerson
Dec 29, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good for my 6 yr old

My daughter has has trouble reading in first grade and I've struggled to find age appropriate books and ones that she enjoys. This book was fun to read and simple. It's leveled for pre k to Kind. So I started her know bc she's behind but just really enjoyed this!
Kim
Sep 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
In this easy reader Barbie takes her pets to the vet but instead ends up helping out because the vet is overwhelmed. It shows different animals the vet takes care of, not just dogs and cats. Barbie is still barbie but now with a labcoat. Little girls who love barbie and animals will love this one. Focuses on short vowel words.
Kelly Sommers
Sep 27, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: eng261
This Barbie book has two to four words per pages which makes this a great beginners books. It is simply about Barbie being a vet for a day. It is geared towards ages 4-6 years old. I would give to one of my students if they were a reluctant readers. It has basically no plot line however, which is something I did not like.
Holly Letson
Barbie takes her puppy, Lacey, to the vet....then, suddenly decides (after only having watched the vet check Lacey once!) that she can do the vet's job! Barbie doesn't end up doing much, but she helps the vet a little bit.
Shannon
Jan 01, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2012
Ughhhhhh, Barbie, you try to hard to be all useful and empowered and everything, but you FAIL. Barbie helps out her vet pal who's totally overwhelmed by lots and lots of animal patients. A white coat and POOF she's a labtech.
Charlie
Dec 11, 2014 rated it did not like it
Since I'm a boy, I HATE this book.
Tiffany
Dec 07, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: trinitys-books
This book is for preschool and Kindergarten-level readers, but older children who like Barbie may also enjoy reading this book.
Gianna
Jul 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: milans-books
It was about cute animals getting checked at the vet.
K.
Apr 08, 2014 rated it liked it
Good read. Love the Barbie: I Can Be series because it's inspirational and motivates kids to become whatever they want to when they grow up.
Madison
Barbie helps animals
alunsford
I love it

I have s good night my journey to the table really fun and my friend know what you decide to you that made my day
Pam
Jun 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
hanna can almost read this whole book by herself. she loves these kinda books.
Kendra
Apr 22, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: easy-reader
Mostly short vowel sounds make a great first reader.
Dea Paramita
Alondra Villa
rated it it was ok
Jul 10, 2015
Tanya Milette
rated it did not like it
Mar 09, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Barbie in a Mermaid Tale (Barbie)
  • Biscuit and the Little Pup
  • Barbie: Thumbelina
  • Going to the Sea Park
  • Kingdom of Color (Disney Tangled)
  • The Cat in the Hat the Movie!: Cooking with the Cat
  • Fancy Nancy and the Delectable Cupcakes
  • Best Dad in the Sea (Disney/Pixar Finding Nemo)
  • I Like Bugs
  • Dancing Dinos Go to School
  • Smash Trash! (Disney/Pixar: WALL-E)
  • Barbie and the Diamond Castle (Barbie)
  • Pinkalicious: Pinkie Promise
  • Dolphins! (Step into Reading, Step 3)
  • May I Please Have a Cookie?
  • Winter Pony

Barbie (1 - 10 of 26 books)
  • Barbie and the Diamond Castle (Barbie)
  • Barbie and the Magic of Pegasus (Step into Reading)
  • Barbie and the Three Musketeers
  • Barbie as the Island Princess (Barbie)
  • Fairytale Collection (Barbie)
  • Barbie: Fairytopia
  • Barbie in a Mermaid Tale (Barbie)
  • Barbie in The 12 Dancing Princesses (Step into Reading)
  • Barbie Mariposa
  • Barbie: On the Road (Barbie (Random House))