Start by marking “Sky-High Guy” as Want to Read:
Sky-High Guy

Sky-High Guy

3.75  ·  Rating details ·  53 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
Whether they’re trekking to a magical island to hunt dinosaurs or saving a city from destruction, Jack and his action figure Guy have exciting adventures. Sometimes, Jack’s little brother Gus joins them. When Guy gets caught in a branch while sky-diving, Jack and Gus must launch operation rescue!

In this companion to Below, Nina Crews uses her trademark photo-collage style
Published April 13th 2010 by Henry Holt and Co. (BYR)

To ask other readers questions about Sky-High Guy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sky-High Guy

Kristen
I love Nina Crews' photo-story books about Jack and his toy guy, Guy. (Her previous book, Below, is a favorite of mine.) Every kid can relate to the adventures we imagine our toys going on. Here, Guy gets caught in a tree due to an unfortunate sky-diving accident. Jack and his little brother Gus find a way to get Guy out of the tree on their own and get back to playing. It's so simple, but the photos bring it to life. Might be neat to let kids take digital photos of their toys and add drawings t ...more
B
Nov 10, 2011 rated it liked it
I really wish I had this idea first. Take some narrative photographs with some cool kids you like and write a children's book. Great idea, nice photographs, neat story. I think that as a kid it would be cool to read books with "real" people in them for a change instead of illustrations. It would be good to add that visual variation to such a young eye.
Peacegal
Feb 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Sky-high guy? I'm pretty sure I've had to deal with him more than once in my library. :/

This is a simple picture book about the power of imagination-driven play.
Christine
May 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: superhero, hero
Fun juxtaposition of actual photos with additional images drawn into the scenes. Two-page spread with Jack & Guy as superheroes. Great lessons about teamwork, looking after one another, siblings playing together.
Aaron
Jun 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
I love the art in this book! It has such a fun and childlike feel. The story is about a boy and the adventures he has with his toy. When the toy gets stuck in a tree, he enlists the assistance of his younger brother to get him down. Simple text is good for learning readers.
Stephanie
This is Xavier and Lily!
Aspa
Mar 13, 2011 added it
Shelves: kids
Fun for little and imaginative boys!
Lisa
Oct 19, 2011 rated it liked it
Brilliant fun! This imaginative story told in real photography makes you feel like you are in the story watching two boys live out an adventure of great proportion. I love Nina Crews' style!
Jen
Oct 08, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: pb
This book teaching cooperation through story line and images and art choices. Mostly photos with drawn art overtop, this book is innovate and cute.
Kathy
May 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: boybook, picturebook
Jack and his sometimes pesky little brother Gus rescue the adventuring Guy from the high tree where he is stuck.
Crystal Marcos
Apr 12, 2010 rated it really liked it
A story about a boy, his action figure, and his younger brother. An adventurous book with photographs of the three of them doing what children do best.
Harla
Aug 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite things about putting together our story time kits is getting to read so many new picture books. I love the use of actual photos and the story line is appealing as well. Good read!
Katie Fitzgerald
Read at Pajama Story Time on 9/26/12: http://storytimesecrets.blogspot.com/...
Tricia
Jun 21, 2010 rated it liked it
Using a toy in photographs, this title encourages imagination tracing sky-high guy's adventures. Clever problem-solving saves the day!
Molly
Feb 21, 2012 rated it liked it
Reading with Stuck by Jeffers for a 'things get stuck' storytime. Should be fun!
Julie
Apr 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This book was just as wonderful as "Below."
John
Jan 09, 2014
Mar 26, 2015
Wincy
Aug 27, 2010
Nina Crews is a well known author and an illustrator children's books. She currently lives in Brooklyn, NY.
More about Nina Crews...