Start by marking “Totto-chan's Children: A Goodwill Journey to the Children of the World (Anak-Anak Totto-chan: Perjalanan Kemanusiaan untuk Anak-Anak Dunia)” as Want to Read:
Totto-chan's Children: A Goodwill Journey to the Children of the World  (Anak-Anak Totto-chan: Perjalanan Kemanusiaan untuk Anak-Anak Dunia)

Editor: Nina Andiana

Totto-chan kini sudah dewasa. Ia sekarang menjadi aktris terkenal dan punya banyak penggemar. Tapi Totto-chan tak pernah melupakan masa kecilnya. Karena itulah Totto-chan langsung setuju ketika UNICEF menawarinya untuk jadi Duta Kemanusiaan.

Sejak itu, Totto-chan berkunjung ke banyak negara dan menemui berbagai macam anak. Di negara-negara yang mengalami
Published February 22nd 2010 by Gramedia Pustaka Utama (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Totto-chan's Children, please sign up.
Josh It's an easy read. I'd say it would be great if you were reading out loud to a child

Start your review of Totto-chan's Children: A Goodwill Journey to the Children of the World (Anak-Anak Totto-chan: Perjalanan Kemanusiaan untuk Anak-Anak Dunia)
Juniar
Jun 13, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Heartbreaking facts told by a person full of hopes. The book tells about children of the world who are struggling or die trying; helpless children who cry silently. Every story brings tears to my eyes, pain in my chest. Amazingly, this is written in high spirit and unwavering faith.
Perhaps a lesson I learned from this book is: if you want to change the world, start from yourself and the small world around you.
Aisyah Hasyim
Jun 04, 2016 rated it liked it
Read this and you will know how lucky you are. Be grateful to Allah for your life. However, it's a gift.
Well, it would be good for us if we could read this kind of book with a more updates event in the recently years.
Lelyana

Toto Chan was so cute. I think she's having an old soul inside.
She funny and wise at the same time.
Enjoyable read. This one is one of my all time favorite.
Ain  Romeli
Feb 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: digital-copy
This book was written based on Kuroyanagi's childhood experience when she studied at Tomoe Gakuen, a Tokyo elementary school founded by educator Sosaku Kobayashi during World War 2. Beautifully written. It makes you rethink educating, and the value we attach to our system of education nowadays. In running a school for the students with different abilities, the Principal has managed a very creative concept which adhere to the curious nature of children. Teaching children could be difficult enough ...more
Ayunda
Aug 05, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: i-dont-own
At first, I was thrilled to see that Tetsuko Kuroyanagi wrote another novel. I really liked the first book: Totto-chan: The Little Girl at the Window. And so I was glad to read this book.
It was totally different from the first book. From the story, and the point of view, and also the topic. The silly and funny Totto-chan has grown up and became a wonderful woman.
This book is very touching and taught me lots of things. I didn't know there were so many poor and unfortunate children out there. Read
Maya
Jul 01, 2016 rated it liked it
"Orang-orang dewasa meninggal sambil mengerah, mengeluh rasa sakit mereka. Tapi anak-anak hanya diam. Mereka mati dalam kebisuan, di bawah daun-daun pisang, memercayai kita orang dewasa."

This is the second most emotional book I have read following the Prophet Muhammad SAW book my father gave me a long time ago. This book profoundly opens my heart about what happens to the children of the world out there. War and famine kill these pure little kids. I can barely focus on the story, I mostly cry du
Desi
Dec 13, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This is a very interesting book,so touching and rich! I've always loved children, and I cried quite a lot when I read this book :(. Now I can be more grateful that I have the life that I live in now...while those kids that Tetsuko met during her trips as UNICEF ambassador were really poor and suffering...:(

I really love the way Tetsuko see life through those kids, and the way she treated those kids.... two thumbs up for this book! Recommended, even if you don't really like children :D
Mita
Dec 14, 2011 rated it it was ok
It is a biography, while I took it out from bookshelf expecting to read about this one bright little girl discovering the world.
The little girl has grownup and this is her story of reaching and touching children hearts across the globe. I'm glad to know how big and beautiful Totto-chan has become.
Primadonna
Jun 28, 2010 rated it really liked it
This book reminds us to be MORE grateful. To be more in touch with our empathy and compassion. However sometimes the not-so-subtle propaganda rather nags me. But this is a must read for those who long for something simple, touching and uplifting.
Ira Fauzia
Oct 15, 2010 rated it liked it
I found out that this sequel is out of my expectation, may be because it's written style is different from totto-chan's first book which is like novel based on true story. This book is more like a collection of
Yana Hersintawani
May 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
What a stunning story. Based on true. Really inspiring. This book makes me know more about children and their own universe and told us to treat our environment in a wise way. Tetsuko is an outrageous UNICEF ambassador!!
Suci
Jan 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book will tell you the journey of Toto-chan as UNICEF ambassador. She went to countries where children need help more. I was touched when she, herself, doing some community work even though in very hard situation... That's how she love children...
Misaki
Apr 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was not very hard to read, however the topic was incredibly deep and sad. I got to know more about how kids are living in much less economically developed countries. Some of the pictures shown in the book shocked me and made me aware of the disparity and unfairness in this world.
feriin
Mar 13, 2010 rated it really liked it
the second book from Tetsuko Kuroyagi, from the book "totto-chan: The Little Girl at the Window" (i bought this on 2003)
Ida
Mar 13, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this book is truly amazing
Ida
Mar 14, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Children are great teachers for adults. The book is so touching...
Nissa Nissa
Jul 26, 2010 is currently reading it
To view life in the horizon of land with no rain... just got to that conclusion. Hasn't finished yet...
Riza
Nov 20, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Second book of Totto-chan. Huaaa...seriously i love this book. Seeing children around the world.
Phie Raditya
Dec 22, 2010 rated it really liked it
This book help me to see clearer of world's problem, especially problems of children and women.
Maria andriana
Feb 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
a good reason to continuing helping others
Shannon
Jun 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
She could really describe what she saw both descriptively and emotionally. But there was a slight dullness while reading it, though I still feel empathy for the children.
Husni Fithri
Jul 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
Heartwarming! Reading this book will make u thank to God for all bliss in your life. And it is also one of inspiring book which give me a wish to become some one like what Totto did ^^
June
Aug 06, 2011 rated it liked it
a grown up Totto Chan's journey to visit childeren in the developing world of Asia and Africa.
Merry
Dec 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
touching story about children in many country that beyond our imagination and make me realize how lucky i am compare to them.
Swety Retna
Dec 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Swety by: Maria Ulfah, my friend ^^
totto chan's children.... this story is so touching....
Fitta Emike Emike Emike
The story is written very simply, and it would not be inappropriate for a child, yet not too simplified for an adult.
Salsabilinas Labiba
Feb 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
a lil bit scary seeing how hunger had attack humans in the world, but it's cute
Adam
Feb 24, 2013 rated it liked it
This book made me depressed wtf.
Ratri Anugrah
Apr 06, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: my-bookcase
It's no longer a story. Just like a journey of the old Totto-Chan.
Robertus Saliman
Jul 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: biography, motivation
Very inspiring.

• Dilan: Dia Adalah Dilanku Tahun 1990 (Dilan, #1)
  • Milea: Suara Dari Dilan
  • Drunken Monster: Kumpulan Kisah Tidak Teladan (Cacatan Harian Pidi Baiq)
  • Dilan Bagian Kedua: Dia Adalah Dilanku Tahun 1991
  • Drunken Molen: Kumpulnya Kisah Tidak Teladan (Cacatnya Harian Pidi Baiq)
  • Daun Yang Jatuh Tak Pernah Membenci Angin
  • Laut Bercerita
  • 5 cm
  • Laskar Pelangi
  • Padang Bulan
Tetsuko Kuroyanagi is an internationally famous Japanese actress, a talk show host, a best-selling author of children book.

She founded the Totto Foundation, named for the eponymous and autobiographical protagonist of her book Totto-chan, The Little Girl at the Window. The Foundation professionally trains deaf actors, implementing Kuroyanagi's vision of bringing theater to the deaf.

In 1984, in reco