Start by marking “Claymore, Vol. 4: Marked for the Death (Claymore, #4)” as Want to Read:
Claymore, Vol. 4: Marked for the Death (Claymore, #4)

Claymore, Vol. 4: Marked for the Death

(クレイモア / Claymore #4)

Teresa, a powerful Claymore, saves a young girl from her bandit captors and leaves the child in the care of some villagers. But triumph quickly gives way to despair when the situation takes a tragic turn, and Teresa is forced to kill a human--an act that will condemn her to death at the hands of her own kind.
Published October 3rd 2006 by VIZ Media LLC (first published May 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Claymore, Vol. 4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Claymore, Vol. 4

Petra
I have to say this review is completely biased because I loved the anime so much and so far there aren't really any deviations.

Also, c'mon, what's not to love here: a rich dark fantasy world, bunch of well-rounded kickass female warriors with cool nicknames, tragedy, revenge, great action scenes, mystery? It's easy to overlook any flaws. 4.5

Etienne
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hey I wanted to read one issue a week for 27 week, taking it slowly I though, I read four in two days. If you love manga or comic and haven't read it your're missing something!! I just saw that there is also an animate based on it... gonna finish reading first but I'm very curious to have a look at it!! If you have don't hesitate to give me your though, spoiler free please!!!
Wing Kee
Jun 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Endless action!

World: The art is superb and the sense of motions is fantastic. The world building is also strong with no info dumping and pieces when we need it. We get a glimpse of the Claymore organization and the past.

Story: The end of the Teresa arc was pretty beautiful and emotionally satisfying and with the new Marked for Death arc it's a continuation of that. Wow there is a lot of fighting here and it's so well done. There are some quiet moments in between and Yagi
Michael Sorbello
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I wasn’t expecting a deep story going into this. It started off as an episodic, Conan the Cimmerian type of format with lots of mindless action and moving from objective to objective, but things have taken a sad turn with a story about pursuing one’s own individual happiness and freedom over simply living a harsh life of doing what you’re told.

That’s what makes the Claymores so interesting. They’re not cold-blooded killers, they’re capable of deep emotion and complex thought, which in turn make
Cassia Watakabe
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mangas
Seeing a female fighter like Teresa in action makes up for any story. It has shown us that rules are made to be broken and that life is to be lived. And that only the power of love makes us powerful to protect people who are precious.
Jaine
Aug 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Oh yes!! I think it's getting interesting... also, Teresa is really pretty!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!! I like the concept that's it's like GIRL POWER kind of manga with women as leading characters. Which is great! The drawing also got better! Thank goodness!
Kristian Dobson
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Attack of the Claymore. Great action and more knowledge of the Claymore organisation. Love it.

Teresa <3

5/5
k.wing
Oct 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Okay, now I’m into it. Love the new storyline of the other Claymores coming to put Teresa down. Exciting!
James
Dec 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Excellent swordplay. I'm quite impressed by this manga.
Karissa
Apr 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is the 4th volume in the Claymore series and was another excellent installment in this series. This series continues to be a very well done dark fantasy series, full of excellent characters and stunning action scenes.

Teresa did the unthinkable in protecting Clare, she killed humans. Now Teresa has to deal with the aftermath of that. There is a bounty on her head and other Claymores are tasked with killing the rogue Teresa once and for all. Teresa continually tries to convince Cl
Ash Ebrahim
Jun 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-manga
Teresa broke the organization's law and when she went to take her punishment she escaped, just for the little human girl.
The story was AMAZING and the MANY wonderful fighting scene of Claymores but not a claymore Vs. Yoma, but Claymore Vs. Claymore. I think this book is the best book in the series so far.
Lynn
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Today's post is on Claymore volume 4: Marked for Death by Norihiro Yagi. It is the fourth in the long running Claymore series, you need to have read the three volumes to understand the story. It is 189 pages long and is published by Shonen Jump Advanced. The cover has Clare and Teresa in an action scene from the volume. The intended reader is someone who likes dark plots, high action, and strong female characters. There is mild foul language, no sexuality, and lots of violence in this book. The ...more
Peter Barr
Dec 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
The series has taken a new direction. It goes to the point before Clare becomes a Claymore. This is the tale of the beginning of that journey. The Claymore series is about a world where flesh eating beast called Yomas disguise themselves among humans and kill them in secret. Human women are created as part human, part Yoma with silver eyes who can kill the Yomas and they are called Claymores because they use the large swords called Claymores. This episode tells some of the culture of the Claymor ...more
Johnathon
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another fun entry into as Clare's past is further explored when the Claymore, Teresa of the Faint Smile, makes a fateful decision on whether to keep her or not that has serious ramifications. Norihiro Yagi continues to explore the Claymore's & the world they inhabit, particularly the rule that Claymores can only kill Yoma but not humans. His art is second to none as well, particularly when depicting the action as Teresa shows why she's the highest ranked Claymore in the field. Fun issue by o ...more
C. Varn
Mar 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This becomes clear that it is the origin story of Clare, and as such, continues to the dark fantasy manga trope of the third arc being and extended flashback. The conclusion of Teresa of the Faint Smile arc ends with a transgression that leads up to the Marked for Death arc which introduces Priscilla. Norihiro Yagi's art is clear and clean, making action easy to follow. Enjoyable
Chris Hamilton
Feb 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Teresa is tough

An all out war with the claymores against Teresa has begun because she killed a band of raiders who were kidnapping Clara and other women. The claymores are on t allowed to kill humans no matter what and have unleashed a kill team of the best claymores to take her out. She holds her own in this volume with lots of great action. I'm really enjoying this series!
Julie (Manga Maniac Cafe)
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Samantha
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
I love the Theresa arc so much!!!
William Hayman
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fast-paced in a good way, adds to the hype that's tied with the lore.
Valerie Crump
Feb 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love this story. the only reason I gave it 4/5 is because I have a hard time telling some people apart sometimes
Syl Dondoyano
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh, the things we do for love! Speaking of love, I really love the complexity of certain characters. I love how the mangaka tries to delve into the nature vs. nature of a claymore.
Kaylabookworm22 L
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this series!
Brandi Jones
Jun 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga-claymore
Really enjoyed this Volume! Don't fuck with Teresa!
Mandy
Claymore is a manga about Yoma who pretend to be human in order to kill and eat the humans. The Claymore are the hybrid of the two stronger faster but still human with the ability to slay the Yoma which they do for a price. They travel from village to village slaying Yoma with nothing but the sword on their back using the Yoma abilities but slowly turning into a monster that they hunt. When the time comes a Claymore will send a black card to another claymore to be slain before the Yoma takes ove ...more
Ana Mardoll
Nov 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ana-reviewed
Claymore, Vol. 4 / 9781421506210

I've actually watched the complete Claymore anime first before getting into the manga; I'm really liking the manga source material, as it rather closely follows the anime but has a few extra details and world-building information along the way. I definitely love the clean, crisp black-and-white artwork, though I do still have to remember the right-to-left / back-to-front reading.

Volume 4 provides the following scenes:

Scene 16: T
Mike
Oct 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Not only does volume 4 build off of the previous volumes, but it opens with the direct continuation of a story started in volume 3. This is not the place to start reading.

We open with the end of the Teresa of the Faint Smile story, with Teresa dealing with the changes in herself her new traveling companion is causing. This tale ends strongly, and events hear will clearly have great effect and influence on things going forward.

The remainder of the volume contains the first four parts
MissAnnThrope
Feb 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
20 February 2013

Wow. This series is getting intense. As the story becomes more revolved around the backstories of the Claymores, I am quickly becoming addicted to this series. Claymore: Marked for Death, Vol. 4 follows my new favorite character, Teresa, as she faces the consequences of breaking the rules. Given a new reason to live, Teresa puts her life at stake to protect what she believes in.

(view spoiler) ...more
The_Mad_Swede
Nov 03, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, fantasy, manga, 2016
This volume concludes the Teresa of the Faint Smile arc which began in the previous one and also includes the first four parts in the seven-parter Marked for Death.

Both of these two arcs continue the story of Teresa of the Faint Smile and the young human girl named Clare (still set in the narrative past compared to earlier volumes). The developing backstory here offers insights to the psychology of Clare, but also of the Claymores in general. Norihiro Yagi here works on both world-building and charac
Sianeka
Mar 26, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Claymore just gets more and more involving and as it does so, I just get that much deeper into my appreciation of this series. The story continues Clare's backstory/history in this volume, depicting the intensifying bond/relationship between Claymore Teresa and village girl Clare. Tragedy strikes, endangering Teresa, as she is forced to break Claymore rules in order to save Clare, causing her own life to be forfeit to the Claymore community for breaking the rules.

We meet the fearsome
machinaheart
Four to five stars for Claymore in general because ... SO MUCH! I guess individual volumes range from three to five, but at the moment I can't properly rate them individually because I ploughed through the manga re-reading a lot and just inhaling the newer volumes. I couldn't stop.
Super intriguing dystopia, mysteries over mysteries without getting less interesting, extremely creative body horror (ranging from beautifully other to horribly disgusting), carving your own path (sometimes, most

• Berserk, Vol. 23
  • Dance in the Vampire Bund, Vol. 3 (Dance in the Vampire Bund, #3)
  • Basilisk: The Kouga Ninja Scrolls, Vol. 3 (Basilisk, #3)
  • エルフェンリート 6 [Elfen Lied 6]
  • Black Cat, Volume 06
Norihiro Yagi (八木 教広 Yagi Norihiro) is a Japanese manga writer and artist from Okinawa Prefecture. He started making manga in 1990.

Norihiro Yagi is a successful manga artist, having won the 32nd Akatsuka Award for his very first work, Undeadman. Undeadman appeared in Monthly Shōnen Jump and has had two sequels. Yagi's first serialized manga was his comedy-genre Angel Densetsu, which ap

クレイモア / Claymore (1 - 10 of 27 books)
  • Claymore, Vol. 1: Silver-eyed Slayer (Claymore, #1)
  • Claymore, Vol. 2: Darkness in Paradise (Claymore, #2)
  • Claymore, Vol. 3: Teresa of the Faint Smile (Claymore, #3)
  • Claymore, Vol. 5: The Slashers (Claymore, #5)
  • Claymore, Vol. 6: The Endless Gravestones (Claymore, #6)
  • Claymore, Vol. 7: Fit for Battle (Claymore, #7)
  • Claymore, Vol. 8: The Witch's Maw (Claymore, #8)
  • Claymore, Vol. 9: The Deep Abyss of Purgatory (Claymore, #9)
  • Claymore, Vol. 10: The Battle of the North (Claymore, #10)
  • Claymore, Vol. 11: Kindred of Paradise (Claymore, #11)