Start by marking “Confessions” as Want to Read:
Confessions

Confessions (Private #4)

4.11  ·  Rating details ·  8,483 Ratings  ·  244 Reviews
Sometimes the truth hurts....

Reed Brennan came to superposh Easton Academy to make a brand new life for herself. At first it seemed as though her dream had come true—she was living in the ultraexclusive Billings Hall, hanging out with the all-powerful Billings Girls, and dating the very hot Thomas Pearson. But Thomas turned out to be different from what she thought...and
Audio CD
Published May 10th 2010 by Tantor Media (first published April 24th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Confessions, please sign up.

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Renee I am currently rereading this series and I am surprised that so many people didn't see this coming.. Right when I read the first book and saw the…moreI am currently rereading this series and I am surprised that so many people didn't see this coming.. Right when I read the first book and saw the sentences about "seeing through Ariana" and that "all I saw was blackness," on the last pages, I was certain that she was the killer... Did anyone else see that too? I'm not bragging or whatever, I'm just wondering if somebody else noticed that right away when reading the first novel. I don't know, it was hard for me to ignore those sentences... I'm just curious about how other people interpreted them ?(less)

This was a YA contemporary mystery story, as Reed continued to search for the truth about Thomas’ death.

Reed stuck up for herself a bit more in this book, and wasn’t so scared of Noelle or afraid to voice her opinion which made a nice change.

The storyline in this continued on from the previous book, with Reed trying to find out what really happened to Thomas, and who killed him. We also got a couple of twists, and we did finally find out what had happened to Thomas at the end.

6.5 out of 10
Abbie
Jan 01, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another okay read in the series, but it had it's dull moments.
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Scandalous!! I feel like I'm 13 again reading these, omg
✨ Ljubica ✨
Mar 11, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, 2017
Ugh reed your annoying and the fact that some of the characters wont be returning is making me so sad!!! i love the billing girls and their fancy clothes and parties, yet now theyre all gone :(
but that ending tho!!!! teen me would be screaming right about now
dont really remember what happens after this so guess ill find out soon enough
Janelle Dazzlepants
Neongreenandpink
Jan 13, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: My friends
PurplyCookie
I think this is the best in the Private series: a lot of loose ends have been tied up quite nicely, true identities revealed, veneer of glamour stripped away; we're finally down to the nitty-gritty side of Easton Academy.

Reed Brennan came to superposh Easton Academy to make a brand-new life for herself. At first it seemed as though her dream had come true-she was living in the ultraexclusive Billings Hall, hanging out with the all-powerful Billings Girls, and dating the very hot Thomas Pearson.
Noemi claudine
Maddison
Wow.... I read this whole book today. It was awesome! The first half was almost pointless though, because it was all about (view spoiler) But then, when she (view spoiler) To me, Reed has not improved over the books. But (view spoiler) I can't believe that (view spoiler) ...more
Merary
Josh Hollis was arrested for the murder of Thomas Pearson.
Time to move on, right?
NAY!!
Reed is convinced that Josh didn't do it. But how can she convinced everyone else?

Meanwhile, Noelle has competition. Cheyenne Martin is willing to turn everybody against her. Will she succeed?

DAMN!! This was the best Private novel so far!! And the ending . . .I didn't see that one coming!!

SO TWIIIIIIISTEEEEDDDD . . .

Cecily Kyle
Oct 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wobble
Wow!!!
I knew it!!! I totally saw what was coming in this novel and it was good to get some answers. I am loving Kate Brian's meld of bitchy girls and murder mystery.
Great read and a great continuation of the series. I am looking forward to seeing where they go from here!
I read the first 4 books of this series in one day I would say it is safe to assume I'm addicted to these guilty pleasures!
Jessi
Feb 01, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oooooh! THIS IS THE BEST ONE IN THE SERIES. Just when you think you have everyone in Billings figured out, you get a major reality check. Everything changes in this book and you learn so much about the characters in it. There's a reason it's called confessions.
Ashleigh
May 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: uno-2016
Wow, I kind of guessed who it would be, but I was not expecting that!!!
Luke
Jul 11, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I need more!
Mea
Aug 11, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Title: Confessions
Author: Kate Brian
Rating: 3/5

I decided to read this book as I had read another book from the series and really enjoyed it so I thought I would give this one a try.

I enjoyed this book as it was a bit of a murder mystery, one of my favourite kind of novels. Throughout the entire book it kept me on the edge of my seat and always kept me intrigued. At some stages it did get a bit boring but I kept pursuing through to get back to the good parts. It was also very short so I read it
Jo Bullen
This was much more fluent than the other 'Private' novel I read, Last Christmas. I feel like the writer likes this narrator more and it was much less ridiculous than the last one I read. However, I also wonder if, if I hadn't read the prequel, whether the confession made in this novel would seem completely bizarre. Hard to say without having read 1-4 I suppose. I also wonder if there are just too many characters.

*I'm literally finding these books at booksales hence why they're so out of order!
Tina
Jun 28, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Listened to the audio version of this book. It was nice to finally get some answers to questions that have arose over the last several books.
Case Lynn
May 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
read this on a plane to munich and the train back to florence
Irina
Aug 04, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
i was addicted witb this series. but i think this book is the end for me. i dont see any reason to go for the next book. like, they already found out who killed Thomas.
Nessag
Jan 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nessa Galloway
January 5, 2013
English 1-Block 2

Confessions
By: Kate Brian
The main topic of this book there is a girl from a small town in Pennsylvania who doesn't know how to handle a lot of things. This book is a series and this happens to be book #4, as you can see this is a very interesting series as well. Full of lies, trust issues, betrayals, and also the occasional murder which she has never been more apart of in a life time.
Although I may give a brief summary, it also will drag you to
Elusive
Dec 01, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review
‘Confessions’ is the fourth installment in the ‘Private’ series. Reed still doesn’t believe that Josh had murdered Thomas and works together with Noelle’s boyfriend, Dash to uncover the truth. Meanwhile, there’s plenty of tension between Reed and her Billings friends – Noelle, Ariana and Kiran as they seem to regard Thomas’ death as something merely unpleasant.

The suspense in this book could have been great if it weren’t for the incredibly slow pacing. Few significant events happened and the mys
Ale96_CalS Paola
SO... THE CONFESSION!

OMFG ! I was literally at the edge of my sit during those last chapters! Everything fitted into place, the puzzle was resolved. And even though I had spoiled myself the facts, it was still nice and interesting to find out that all that had happened was so in sync with my theories from day one, well sort of.
Here comes the spoilers section: So I always suspected the Girls had done something against Thomas from day one of his sudden disappearance and then this increased when hi
Holly
Arc 1 of Private has ended! And it ended not too badly, if I say so myself. So, first a quick summary:

The semester is ending at Easton Academy, but Reed isn't worried about her finals. No, instead her boyfriend Josh is in jail, accused of murdering Thomas. After an initial feeling of doubt, Reed is convinced that Josh is innocent. She just needs to be able to prove his alibi. Can she put her Billings skills to use to free Josh? And what the heck is going on with the Billings girls anyway? Their
Elvira Bianchi
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Randstostipher "tallnlankyrn" Nguyen for TeensReadToo.com

The Thomas Pearce murder mystery is SOLVED! Or is it?

Reed's newest boyfriend, Josh, was turned into the police for the murder of Thomas Pearce in the last PRIVATE book, UNTOUCHABLE. But to Reed, Josh is anything but a killer.

Now in CONFESSIONS, Reed has to not only prove to the police but also the Billings Girls and everyone else at Easton Academy that Josh is not the one that murdered Thomas. But how can she if no one else r
Molly.k Koprek
Feb 01, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Confessions" by Kate Brain is a very good book. This book continues from the other books in the series. In this book Reed has fun with her new boyfriend Josh however,in the end her friends turn him in for the murder of Thomas Pearson, Reed's old boyfiend. Reed and Dash try to get Josh out of jail because they know he didn't murder Thomas. They have to break into the school during the night and send Thomas' brother an email because he was at the school the night Thomas was murdered with a teach ...more
Chelsea
Nov 04, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Chelsea by: my friend
“Confessions” is a great adventerous book. In the book my favorite character was, of course the main character, Reed Brennan. I admire how she takes her problems and if had to pick which character I would rather be it would be her. My least favorite is probably reed’s ex-boyfriend Thomas. Thomas basically used her and lied to her that he wasn’t selling drugs and getting drunk every night. I would highly recommend this book for girl teens who like to read about other girl’s drama and how one girl ...more
Emily Meehan
I just recently finished Kate Brian's novel, Untouchable. It ended with an email from Taylor Bell, who just recently fled campus without a word. The Billing's girls' explanation of her leaving was that she was under to much pressure and she needed some time off. Reed couldn't believe it; literally. The email stated that Reed shouldn't listen to what the other girls are telling about herself and that it is all lies. It then went on into the nest book, which I am currently read now called Confessi ...more
Britt
Of all the teen books I've read, I've liked many, but only three series have held me in thrall: Gossip Girl, The Princess Diaries, and the Private series. (Actually, you can make it four because I just read the first of the Pretty Little Liars series which reminds me of this series.)

In the Private series, girls at Easton are not only insanely rich, privileged, and catty like the characters in many other books. These girls hide secrets, not just dirty secrets, but shocking secrets. And throughout
Andrea
  • Unforgettable (It Girl, #4)
  • Crazy Hot (The Au Pairs, #4)
  • Heart of Glass (A-List, #8)
  • My Little Phony (The Clique, #13)
Kate Brian is the author of the SHADOWLANDS TRILOGY (SHADOWLANDS, HEREAFTER & ENDLESS), as well as the New York Times bestselling PRIVATE and PRIVILEGE series, and the wildly popular MEGAN MEADE'S GUIDE TO THE MCGOWAN BOYS. She also writes teen fiction under the name Kieran Scott.
More about Kate Brian...

Private (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Private (Private, #1)
  • Invitation Only (Private, #2)
  • Untouchable (Private, #3)
  • Inner Circle (Private, #5)
  • Legacy (Private, #6)
  • Ambition (Private, #7)
  • Revelation (Private, #8)
  • Paradise Lost (Private, #9)
  • Suspicion (Private, #10)
  • Scandal (Private, #11)